Ok, bit the bullet... made PS for 50's Primetime Cafe

E

eeyore0062

I normally don't get into the types of restaurants with the interactive servers, but my DH so LOVES meatloaf, and has been whining for it, so I said "for him" we could eat at 50's Primetime. I got the last lunch opening on Monday August 12th.

For anyone who has eaten there, how is the food? The CM at Disney Dining said the lunch menu was less than the dinner menu, hence my decision to do the last lunch offered. I think my DD will get a kick out of the servers telling her parents what to do. I am still a little leery, but I am sure it will all turn out OK!

We haven't eaten there yet.....first time will be on our trip in Dec....but it sure gets rave reviews for the meatloaf, fried chicken and pot roast....(and S'Mores!!) :D

I made the meatloaf-clone for dinner a couple nights ago....VERY good!!

the food there is very good...and the portions are huge!! just remember that it's all in good fun when the servers "boss" you around. i've actually eaten there 3 times now and only got picked on once...

While DH and I did not enjoy the green beans (too raw and flavorless for our taste), we thought the rest of the food was pretty good. Do not miss the s'mores and the PBJ shake. The PB&J shake is reason enough for me to go back. Plus we had a great time with the waitress calling DH "Mr. Fancy Pants."

The meatloaf is the reason I first tried 50's PTC, LOL! DH hates meatloaf. The only time I get to eat it is in a restaurant, so DH took me here on our first trip. I've never had a server be too over the top, but I always clean my plate and I have good table manners. DH, on the other hand, always gets in trouble because he never eats his vegetables and he puts his elbows on the table. He's a better sport than I am though (I get embarrased sometimes ;) ), so we have always enjoyed eating here.

i think they (the cm's there) know who to "pick on" and who to leave alone--we went during a family reunion, with my parents (in their 70's), my brothers and me (in our 40's) and our kids, and we all misbehaved, and had a good time. the first time i went was with my husband, son, and brother. my brother and i have a history of , lets say, being naughty--we didnt know what kind of place it was either. the waiter started with my brother, and my brother quietly murmered "ok--whatever--stinky".the watier went and got mom from the kitchen for that one. enjoy it, and play along to get the most from it. (hey--the furniture and decor look like the kitchen i grew up in--duh--the 50's).:D

Ditto on the PB&J shakes. DH & I both had the meatloaf... pretty good.

When my DH was finished eating, our server gave him a "member of the clean plate club" sticker. Although I was still eating, she gave me one, also. True to form, my DH complained, "Hey, she's not finished yet!" Quite sternly she reprimanded him, "Now Sparky, don't you pick on Princess.":p DH is still calling me "Princess":p :cool:;)

We were just there and DH and SS had the meatloaf and loved it. I had fried chicken and DS a chicken pasta dish. Excellent! And we had a giant s;mnore for dessert.

Our waiter was very nice, but not bossy at all. We were a bit disappointed in that, but not in the food.

My 9 yr old dd and I loved this place so much we went back 2x during our June trip. We took my parents back with us and we all agreed that this was the best down home cooking we had all week with Ohanas being right along side. I had the fried chicken and S'mores yummy!!! I also had the chicken cesear salad which was really good too. My dd had the mickey pasta both times and declared it good. (she is a very picky eater too!)

Great food, and it's lots of fun. My DH and son always intentionally misbehave. In fact the last time we ate there, as they showed us to our table, my son went and stood in the corner. The server asked what he was doing, and he told him "I'm going to end up here anyhow, so I saved you the trouble." The server was hysterical, and it set the mood for teh entire meal.

When we ate there with my DS, DBiL and their kids, the server made DN (6) the"Table Boss". She got a kick out of being able to tell teh adults what to do, and being a tattletale.

One time DH was very naughty, and the server made him get on his knees and sing to me.

Anne

OK, I'm convinced... sounds like a lot of fun, and the food sounds good, as well! I will right a report when I get back! Thanks for the great reviews!!!

I love their meatloaf!! Good choice!! and don't forget to get a shake -- PB 'n J especially!! WOO HOO!!:)

When we went, our waiter (our cousin) hung our crayon placemat drawings up on the fake refridgerator and made sure he told the whole room about it too. We didn't get the "I finished my meal" stickers like we saw other guests later in the day wearing and yes, we did finish our meals.

I swear the tabletops formica is the same pattern in our 1940's house non-remodeled kitchen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter