OI meetup question

AndreaDM

<font color=red>Yeah...we mainly colored that day<
For those of you who have gone or bought tickets for the Dec meetup, did you buy one night or 2? At $179 for one night or $299 for two, I’m thinking both nights so we won’t have to rush. $300 seems like so much money though lol.

For those of you who have gone or bought tickets for the Dec meetup, did you buy one night or 2? At $179 for one night or $299 for two, I’m thinking both nights so we won’t have to rush. $300 seems like so much money though lol.
I've never been to one before, bought a 1 night ticket to try it, but then I also have an AP. I will be focusing on riding my favorites multiple times, and enjoying the parks late at night with low crowd levels. In the past I have heard the rides were walk-ons. So I have no real advice, you can get in the parks at 3, knock off some rides before park close.

Yeah we are not AP holders nor are we buying regular tickets, just going for a long weekend, that’s why I’m inclined to buy 2 day tickets.

Right now, after tax, a standard 2 day park to park ticket is $297 after taxes, and a promotional 2 day + 3 day free ticket is $260 per person.

So, for $40 more, you get very few lines, free food, and whatever else OI has on offer. I know for a fact we spend more than $40 per person for food in a full day at Universal, so $299 for 2 nights sounds very reasonable to me.

I am trying to convince my husband to go. I'd love to see it lit up for xmas (they do that right?) Ive only been to universal once and that was 6 years ago so I'm dying to go.

I've been to 5 of them, and have always done a single night, with no other tickets. We do always have EP, and you can use those until the park closes. We've never had a problem doing everything we wanted to do.

I saw this post and realized this is happening the weekend we were scheduled to be there! Picked up a couple of tickets for the Saturday night. Super excited!

I have read that Hagrid's is still has a considerable wait during the event but everything else is a walk-on. I am going Dec 5 and really looking forward to it.

i decided to buy tix for one night for this event.
can you people who have gone please give some idea of what we should expect? any tips ?
all I know is we can get in the parks at 3pm , but we have to wait until 8pm to get preferred access to the rides?
waiting until 9pm to eat is not going to be fun.... suggestions?
if we get a couple meals ,, that is spending almost 1/2 our time avail just in restaurants.
please tell me I made the right decision....

i decided to buy tix for one night for this event.
can you people who have gone please give some idea of what we should expect? any tips ?
all I know is we can get in the parks at 3pm , but we have to wait until 8pm to get preferred access to the rides?
waiting until 9pm to eat is not going to be fun.... suggestions?
if we get a couple meals ,, that is spending almost 1/2 our time avail just in restaurants.
please tell me I made the right decision....

Its an awesome event! Your ticket gets you in the gate at 3pm, and you have access to everything right off, with the normal day crowds. At 7 or 8 or whenever the parks close to day guests, only meetup folks will be in the parks. Trust me, its not a lot of people. Most everything is walk on, and sections of the park will be nearly deserted. Unlimited food opens an hour after park close, but they're giving out dining cards as well. You get this when you check in, and can use it anywhere the dining plan is accepted, up to park close. It includes a full meal, a snack, and a drink.The last time they did this, we ate early to avoid being starving when the free food opened. It worked out very well..
The free food is (or was) mostly buffet or cafeteria style, so it doesn't take long to get and eat.

We went to both nights in February, and I would recommend both nights. Yes, for a family of 4, it’s expensive, but throwing together few lines (really the only lines are for Hagrid’s and certain food) and food that I normally wouldn’t buy makes it a really fun time. We are only going for 1 night coming up, but that’s solely due to work and school scheduling.

I just posted a question about the meetup making a new thread and then I found this thread-Yay!

We are going 12/12. any advice on hotel near Universal with free parking? we will only be staying the one night and then moving to AKL. We will take a rideshare. Our party consists of me, daughter (28) and grandson (7).

I just posted a question about the meetup making a new thread and then I found this thread-Yay!

We are going 12/12. any advice on hotel near Universal with free parking? we will only be staying the one night and then moving to AKL. We will take a rideshare. Our party consists of me, daughter (28) and grandson (7).
Drury Inn

I am going to both night and both weekends in December. This will be my third meetup. Last December I went both nights. February, I went one night and wished I could have gone two. If you can to do, that's the way to go. One night is great. Two nights are awesome. The night goes by quickly.

To update my original question, we decided to go with both nights! Will be there Dec. 11&12.

I know you asked off site but I believe Cabana Bay still has OI Group rates still available.
I would have liked to stay there but when i check for December 12, all the UO hotels had zero availability. I just went ahead and added a night at AKV Jambo House but now I have BWV waitlist.

I checked the rideshare app and it side LYFT/Uber are about $15 and so i figure $25 with tip is a good estimate.

Is there an "official" OI meetup forum on here? If not, I really need to let out some of my excitement....

We are driving from NOLA on December 11 and staying somewhere in the Tallahassee area. We will probably leave Tallahassee around 9 am and check in to our hotel (hopefully BWV but AKV is great also) and then go to an outlet mall and Walmart for a few things for our villa stay.

Did I mention that I have NEVER been to Universal?!? I am almost 52 years old. Huge Harry Potter and Jurassic Park fan.

I don't expect to ride the huge coasters like the Hulk. My pulse goes up just thinking about it ! I can ride all the coasters at WDW but they are so tame in comparison.

I have searched You Tube and blogs on the meet up and watched and read all I can find. I read that you can get into the park @ 3pm and you will receive a food voucher of some sort. I want to try Butterbeer (frozen, warm, all of it) and Pumpkin Juice!

I bought a pair of Ravenclaw leggings. I mean I have to have something HP for my visit AND I have to represent my House :)

I will be back to post here unless someone starts an "Official OI meet up December 2020"

Yeah, I am pretty excited for our night, Dec 6th. DS8 doesn't know yet, a surprise. 😁
Just bought us Jurassic Park Christmas shirts to wear.
DS loves Uni/IOA, so he will be ecstatic to experience the meetup.
Can't wait!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!