Ohh so close to height requirements.

FrostyRocket6

Earning My Ears
Our family is going to Disney in September, which includes my two younger kids. My oldest is 5 and well over most of the height requirements for all the rides he will want to ride. My youngest will be 3 in October and without shoes is right at 37 inches, we know he's probably not going to grow to 38 inches by our trip in early September but it would make our riding Slinky and 7 Dwarfs so much easier for all of us to ride and not have to rider swap. Ive got my fingers crossed!

Fingers are crossed that the little one will reach the 38" benchmark, I know what it's like when one just barely misses it. Our youngest just barely missed the height requirement for Indy at DLParis. The waterworks were terrible. He was sure that he'd make the cut, even when we prepped him that he might not. Have a contingency in place should they not make it. An alternative so they don;t feel left out.

Our family is going to Disney in September, which includes my two younger kids. My oldest is 5 and well over most of the height requirements for all the rides he will want to ride. My youngest will be 3 in October and without shoes is right at 37 inches, we know he's probably not going to grow to 38 inches by our trip in early September but it would make our riding Slinky and 7 Dwarfs so much easier for all of us to ride and not have to rider swap. Ive got my fingers crossed!
remember he will be measured with his shoes on. as another said nontrick shoes and no flip flops. also beginning of day not end of. make sure he doesn't duck under the bar but needs to hit it

My son barely met the 38 inch requirement when we went last year (week before his 3rd birthday). I kinda wish he hadn’t made it...he chose to ride 7DMT and SDD and hated both of them. It’s been 9 months and he still talks about how those rides were scary!

My son was 3 when we went and was BARELY 38 inches. To be honest, it might help to have a Fast pass, because for whatever reason I felt like the CMs were more lenient. He got on 7DMT no problem, and the other ride we were worried about was Star Tours because he loves Star Wars, but the CM didn’t even check; he just waved us through. We had Fast Passes for both. The CM at Kali River Rapids was strict and there was some uncertainty, but my son made it (because of shoes we think ). Idk about SDD. We obviously still had to rider swap for several things, but it worked out as my older daughter could then go on things twice—once with mom and once with dad! Have fun!

Yes, shoes! Also if the line is moving quickly we found CMs didn't check very well so as long as you look confident and he's pretty close you won't often get stopped (why yes we did the parks when my youngest was 39.5"... the only ride she got stopped on was Star Tours, because I stupidly stopped right at the measuring thing). With a 3 year old I wouldn't be surprised if he gets to 38" the honest way by the anyway, but, if not, a nice pair of decent soled sneakers and some confidence should do the trick.

My son was 3 when we went and was BARELY 38 inches. To be honest, it might help to have a Fast pass, because for whatever reason I felt like the CMs were more lenient. He got on 7DMT no problem, and the other ride we were worried about was Star Tours because he loves Star Wars, but the CM didn’t even check; he just waved us through. We had Fast Passes for both. The CM at Kali River Rapids was strict and there was some uncertainty, but my son made it (because of shoes we think ). Idk about SDD. We obviously still had to rider swap for several things, but it worked out as my older daughter could then go on things twice—once with mom and once with dad! Have fun!
Yea we've got fast passes for Slinky and 7DMT, those are the two "bigger" rides our oldest is most excited about. We are prepared to rider swap if we need to, I just hope he takes it well if he isn't tall enough.

How tall is he in tennis shoes?

In his shoes we have now he's close to 37 1/2, so maybe with still 57 days to go and plenty of milk and maybe some new shoes we can make it!

You can easily find normal shoes that can add an inch (and you're likely not going to need that much a few months from now. But I'll reemphasize to go in the morning. On my daughters first 48" trip she got on RnR at rope drop but was too short at 3pm! She made it and missed it just by a hair but they're super strict!

Our 4yo twins are 4 are 38.5-39" with their shoes on. We went ahead and made FP+for SDD and 7DMT with hopes it will work out. We were actually hoping that they would be 40" so they could do Splash and BTMRR but that's not going to happen by September.

My recent experience has been that they are fairly strict about height requirements. At SM @ HS, just 1 - 1.5 cm shy of the 44" was enough to turn the kid away. They did hand us extra fp since we had burned ours to get there.

Just so you know, they can be measured at the entrance to the line and again at the loading area, and it is possible to be let through the line but denied at the loading area.

My 3.5 yo is barely skirting 37” before shoes. I’m dreading the meltdown when big sister can go on 7 dwarfs and she can’t! She doesn’t even want to go on it, she just wants to do what her sister does.

In my experience, the Disney measuring sticks are HIGH and they “stick” to them, no pun intended. My son was 43.5 inches barefoot the week before we left and he wasn’t even close to the 44 inch measuring stick at space mountain in shoes when we got there. He was disappointed even though I tried to tell him he probably wouldn’t be tall enough, but promised we would try. I remember the same thing happening on a trip when he was close to the 40 inch mark. He was 39.5 inches barefoot at home. Wasn’t even close to the 40 inch stick at star tours (but cleared it for big thunder on the same trip??)

Have you little one practice trying to hit the right height. Maybe make a bar and have them try to hit their head on it. I saw a little on last week not make it on Rock n Rollercoaster, and they looked so sad. But I could see they were ducking down under the stick too. :sad1: Also, have them inhale.

Have you little one practice trying to hit the right height. Maybe make a bar and have them try to hit their head on it. I saw a little on last week not make it on Rock n Rollercoaster, and they looked so sad. But I could see they were ducking down under the stick too. :sad1: Also, have them inhale.
a few years ago that could have been my grandson. because he decided it would hurt his head to hit the bar he would duck under. took a CM who caught It to dare him to hit the bar. saying bet you cant hit it with your head. since that day he has been my coaster nut. the bigger the better. you cant keep him off now

In my experience, the Disney measuring sticks are HIGH and they “stick” to them, no pun intended. My son was 43.5 inches barefoot the week before we left and he wasn’t even close to the 44 inch measuring stick at space mountain in shoes when we got there. He was disappointed even though I tried to tell him he probably wouldn’t be tall enough, but promised we would try. I remember the same thing happening on a trip when he was close to the 40 inch mark. He was 39.5 inches barefoot at home. Wasn’t even close to the 40 inch stick at star tours (but cleared it for big thunder on the same trip??)

This happened with soarin when my oldest was just 40inches. Bumped her head on test track and big thunder and at soarin was at least .5 inches tkk short

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!