Ohana's - Opinions

superdiz

Unofficial Disney Foodie - MOO
I have heard nothing but great things about Ohana's by reading the message boards and talking to people who have been. Then, my boyfriend came home last night and said he has seen nothing but negative reviews... so... what is YOUR opinion about the food at Ohana's?

Thanks!

We had dinner at 'Ohana in June and loved it. Although I am not a big meat eater I thought the food was great. My only complaint was that they brought too much and DH felt like he had to eat it all!!

Oh yeah!! Welcome to the DIS!!

Our review would fall somewhere in the middle. The starters were wonderful. The steak was flavorful, but on the tough side. The turkey was good, very moist. None of us cared for the pork. The shrimp was great, but it was so hard to peel that we gave up long before we got all we wanted.
We enjoyed the atmosphere and we had a great view of MK, but for $100 + tax & tip for the four of us, we'll probably try something else next time.

'Ohana is on our "must do" list for every trip. I love the starters, especially the wontons and the salad. DH is a carnivore so all those skewers of meat make him happy. :D

I liked it there. I thought the food was very good and so was the service.

We had a great time and Ohanas is the first restaurant that we will go back to on our trip this September.

We loved the corriander chicken wings and the rest of the starters and all the meat on sticks was delicious too. The pineapple with caramel dipping sauce was too much!

We love the place for the atmoshphere, the food, and the fun (especially for the children between ages 3-12). Everyone is different but we really like the place and highly recommended it. Now please know its a causual place. If you are looking for formal this is not the place for you.

The appetizer platter they bring out is excellent, the dessert (pineapple with caramel) is excellent.

The meat was tough to chew...not at all what I expected, after hearing so many great reviews.

We don't think we will give it another chance.

We love Ohana! We ate there twice on our last trip, and it will be the first restaurant we eat at on our next trip. It's great!! Everything is delicious!!

We loved 'Ohana during our last trip. The kids begged us to return next time, and we'll probably book it as our NYE dinner. The appetizers were great, the meat was very good (although I noticed the steak I ate from the first skewer was very tender and the steak from the second skewer was much tougher) and the children loved the coconut roll and the hula hoop contest.

It's our absolute favorite...for the character breakfast and dinner! It's a must do every time we visit WDW!

I had never been that fond of O'hana until the changed the starters and added the sauces, now I love it. Service and atmosphere have always been great.

Loved it. Loved the food- esp the wontons with peanut sauce. Loved the ambience- the view of the castle, the fireworks, the service, the games for the kids...loved the feel of the Polynesian. It was all around a great dinner.

IMO, 'Ohana is a restaurant that is highly affected by diner expectations. If you're expecting V&A, CG or even LeCellier - a finer dining experience - you might be disappointed. If you looking for good starters, broiled meat and shrimp and a wonderful atmosphere, you'll be happy.

Not only are we having our first night dinner at 'Ohana, but we are meeting our new Disney friends (ScarletIndigo & DF) there as well!

We have been there twice. We enjoy it, however, I just have one complaint. When they serve the meats, there really isn't anything to go with it. Its kind of weird...when you're used to having mashed potatoes or a baked potato or something..and then there's just the meats. I don't know, I just miss that. But everything else is pretty good. Its also kind of a quick meal, sort of rushed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter