Ohana

My first question (and I'm not being snarky) is why do you want to eat there? Is it the menu? O just 'cause you wanna? Or????
OHana is an *interesting* experience. It is LOUD even by WDW standards and as PPers have said, I've never been seated less than 30 minutes AFTER my ADR. The food is good but not great. They tend to waaay overcook the meats, so the frozen shrimp they use can be kinda dry. The few times I've been I've felt like the food was thrown at us yet we had trouble getting refills on drinks or on other sides we wanted. Extra skewers of meat were very easy! Everything is cooked fresh. If you've never been, you should go at least once! If you are primarily going for the food, there is better food at Kona Cafe and way less chaos. If you want character interaction, Garden Grill and Tusker House are better and have much better food. YMMV! Enjoy wherever you go!

Just went last week and was not rushed at all. We asked for extras of the wings and noodles, which were happily provided. They brought each of the skewers around twice and asked if we wanted any of the skewers or any more appetizers before they cleared our table and brought out dessert. Then after dessert they asked if wanted a second bread pudding (probably because the table beside us asked for one) but still, I was surprised that was offered. We were much too full to take them up on that, but we thoroughly enjoyed the meal.

Our reservation was for 7:05, and we were seated exactly on time. It did not appear to be a dead night either as the restaurant was packed with the lounge area filled with people waiting.

‘Ohana is our favorite restaurant at Disney. We’ve never really felt rushed there. Like mentioned above, you can hold off when they bring foods to the table if you aren’t ready yet. Be sure to save room for dessert! It’s amazing! Mmmm. I’m ready to go back!

I think that the people complaining about being rushed at 'Ohana just don't truly understand or appreciate how churrascaria style dining works. They are constantly harassing you with food. It's ok to say no. It doesn't mean that they want you to leave, they just wanna make sure you have what you want. And once they see to your needs, they hustle along to the next table. Short of someone saying "ok, have you had enough to eat and are ready to leave?" I think it's probably just a case of diners not being comfortable with constantly being approached by waitstaff while they eat. If someone wants a quiet, undisturbed meal, any restaurant that serves churrascaria style is not for them. But IMO the food at 'Ohana is delicious, the atmosphere is fun and beautiful, and the energy is just right.

I love it! I am there when it opens and get a window seat. We get out with the whole evening ahead of us and walk off the food intake.

It is my oldest and my first choice of restaurants. It’s fun! It’s a tradition for us.

I will say the last time we stayed at the Poly, we ate there once and ordered Ohana to our room. OMG it was soooo good!

Just got back from a nice vacation last night from WDW.
We ate at Ohana around 6pm no rush whatsoever. The food comes out quickly just like any family dining experience as the menu is the same for everyone at the table.
Always keep in mind, some of the people who may be complaining about feeling rushed are likely trying to turn a 7pm reservation into a 9pm fireworks show. ha

Honestly, we ate at Ohana and the food was good, but we weren't wowed. (chicken wings, noodles, pot stickers, teriyaki chicken, grilled shrimp and sirloin were all good.... the bread pudding was I very good.) It is a good use of a single dining credit if you are on the meal plan, but there are better values out of pocket in the family style category. Good experience, but I'm not breaking my neck to get an ADR at Ohana or Cali Grill for a Signature as we had much better meals at other restaurants around the property.
Now mind you, we live in Houston which has more restaurants than just about any other city in the country and we take that into account that not everyone is going to have those kind of options in their city.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!