Ohana

ticketwm35

Mouseketeer
so I just got. Reservation for Ohana it’s at 3:50 now I was reading reviews about them rushing you in and back out.Do you think without reservation being earlier it will be a slower time and they won’t try to rush us .What do you guys think

Thanks leslie

so I just got. Reservation for Ohana it’s at 3:50 now I was reading reviews about them rushing you in and back out.Do you think without reservation being earlier it will be a slower time and they won’t try to rush us .What do you guys think

Thanks leslie

I've always had a good experience right at opening because the servers aren't in the weeds yet and they aren't running behind yet.

I didn't ever feel I was being rushed out of there. There is a fast pace to the place, with servers almost running around. But I have always stayed as long as I wanted to, asked if there was a particular item I wanted more of, and never let the pace of the restaurant make me feel I should leave. So sit back and enjoy and stay as long as you like!

I’ve never really experienced them rushing us out. If they try don’t let them, say you’re not ready for more food at the moment or want more of something. I do find the earlier the reservation the better. You can ask for more helpings of whatever you’d like. It’s one of my favorites on property enjoy!

We like our food to come out when they are ready so enjoy that at Ohana all the food comes at a pretty quick pace. Then we jist sit back and enjoy and ask for more of whatever we want. I don't necessarily care for the lengthy pacing of formal multicourse meals. I end up eating too much apps and being too full for the mains I really want. I kinda like everything out at once and I just take whatever I want when I want it.

We love Ohana and even with a couple of missteps over multiple visits, it is still our favourite restaurant in the world. DH loves the atmosphere at the Poly and Ohana has a very special place in his heart.

Thanks leslie

We were rushed in January with a 3:45 pm reservation.

We ate there twice during the last trip. Once was perfect, great server, grear food perfectly timed. The 2nd time they tried to rush me but one simple Marine command to desist worked and it slowed to a normal meal. If you feel like your being rushed tell them. After our 2nd meal I stopped to talk to the manager about not making meals a race.

If they are booked for the night, even if you are the first sitting, they will still want that table turned over quickly for the next group.
I haven't eaten there for several years, and after reading all the reports of being rushed, I haven't felt a reason to go back.

We ate there twice during the last trip. Once was perfect, great server, grear food perfectly timed. The 2nd time they tried to rush me but one simple Marine command to desist worked and it slowed to a normal meal. If you feel like your being rushed tell them. After our 2nd meal I stopped to talk to the manager about not making meals a race.

Did you use the knife-hand for emphasis? Yut-yut.

I’ve never felt rushed at Ohana, but I’ve also never been seated sooner than 40 minutes after my reservation time.

We like our food to come out when they are ready so enjoy that at Ohana all the food comes at a pretty quick pace. Then we jist sit back and enjoy and ask for more of whatever we want. I don't necessarily care for the lengthy pacing of formal multicourse meals. I end up eating too much apps and being too full for the mains I really want. I kinda like everything out at once and I just take whatever I want when I want it.

We love Ohana and even with a couple of missteps over multiple visits, it is still our favourite restaurant in the world. DH loves the atmosphere at the Poly and Ohana has a very special place in his heart.

This! I'm the same. I don't want to spend more than an hour in a restaurant, pretty much ever. Also at 'Ohana we really only want the shrimp in terms of the skewers. They have always been great about that. I have found that it's a tonne of food in not too much time and the service has been great.

Enjoy your meal!

Did you use the knife-hand for emphasis? Yut-yut.

I’ve never felt rushed at Ohana, but I’ve also never been seated sooner than 40 minutes after my reservation time.
My voice is deep anyway and the Marines taught me how to project it so any person in the platoon in front of me can hear it. I almost never lost my temper but when I do everyone is going to hear it.

Personally I have never felt rushed because we totally control the pace. Any food they bring you can be rejected (delayed) until you are ready for it. What are they going to do? Kick you out? They try to move you forward as quickly as possible to accommodate the hoards waiting behind you but I have yet to hear of guests forcibly ejected from the restaurant. :)

We've never been and are debating whether or not to try it for the same reason. We'd probably do it as a late lunch at 3:30 when they first open, and I was also wondering if that made any difference. I'd have a few minor special requests (plating the meat apps separate from the noodles and veggies and bringing me extra shrimp since I don't eat chicken or beef). Nothing especially difficult, but if it's one of those off nights where they're rushing everyone and not coming back to the table it could be an issue.

Does anyone know if you get there at 3:30 for dinner as the first reservation, is the food fresh or did it taste more like left overs from the previous day?

We ate at the normal dinner hour and the food was fresh, so I can't imagine any earlier being a problem. They have a fixed menu and are constantly cooking food from what we observed. I doubt the entrees are leftover from yesterday. Never felt rushed, but since they have a fixed menu, I think some don't realize you don't order from a menu and then wait 20-30 minutes for your specific order to be prepared.

Does anyone know if you get there at 3:30 for dinner as the first reservation, is the food fresh or did it taste more like left overs from the previous day?
I always book a 3:30 reservation at O'hana. Our experience has been fresh food, excellent service, never felt rushed and we have always been given a table by the windows with a beautiful view. Perhaps we have just been really lucky but so far, a very good experience.

I have never felt rushed there...in fact I think it's great you can make your own pace. We love it. But if somebody wants to read this and cancel a Fed 1 dinner reservation, give me a heads up. LOL

If you are staying or visiting Poly before the restaurant opens you'll smell the food being cooked at the longhouses near the marina. It's cooked fresh daily.

As for the feeling rushed thread topic, never happened to me at 'Ohana but I always opt for late reservations since I've never traveled with anyone under the age of 8 at WDW.

We've never been and are debating whether or not to try it for the same reason. We'd probably do it as a late lunch at 3:30 when they first open, and I was also wondering if that made any difference. I'd have a few minor special requests (plating the meat apps separate from the noodles and veggies and bringing me extra shrimp since I don't eat chicken or beef). Nothing especially difficult, but if it's one of those off nights where they're rushing everyone and not coming back to the table it could be an issue.
Most of your special requests shouldn't be difficult. The meat is served from the server's skewer on to your plate. Ask for the amount you want of shrimp, beef and chicken. You are generally asked how you want your beef cooked before it's plated. The only meat appetizers are the chicken wings and potstickers and they are brought to table from the kitchen already plated for the entire table. Make it clear that you'd like the meat apps not to touch the noodles and I guess they'll separate them if the table is large enough for the amt of extra platters. Probably used to this from vegans/vegetarians, etc.

PS- anyone staying at Poly might find the experience of ordering the 'Ohana meal via room service fun what with not needing an ADR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!