Ohana walk up wait time? Thoughts appreciated

kjennin3

Earning My Ears
we haven't been able to get our Ohana reservation and are toying around with the idea of just trying walkup on our December date that we have open. Has anyone ever tried this before and if so, how long was your wait? Just a party of two.

TIA

I haven't tried a walk-up but if I was going to, I would try mid week (like Tues or Wed) at 3 or 3:30pm when Ohana is starting their very early dinner seatings. If it doesn't work out, then cut your losses & get in line for Trader Sam's by 3:30pm, grab a pager and enjoy Sam's right when it opens at 4pm. While enjoying your drink, check online for a same night ADR for Kona (since it's right there in the bldg) or maybe the Wave at the Contemporary - only a short monorail ride away. Kona and the Wave often have day of availability.

we haven't been able to get our Ohana reservation and are toying around with the idea of just trying walkup on our December date that we have open. Has anyone ever tried this before and if so, how long was your wait? Just a party of two.

TIA
The wait time there if you have an ADR averages between 10 and 30 minutes. I wouldn't even expect to be seated without one. Ohana is uber popular and usually packed.

The wait time if you have an ADR averages between 10 and 30 minutes. I wouldn't even expect to be seated without one. Ohana is uber popular and usually packed.
Yea. Was kind of expecting that.

Every now and then we see reports of people being able to get a table as a walk-up, but there's no reliably predictable pattern. As a party of two, your odds are probably better, but there's no real way to know if they'll be able to seat you or not. Again, it's not a matter of how long you'll have to wait, but whether they'll be able to seat you at all.

Since you are looking for a reservation for December, just keep checking online for a cancellation. They will occur because people change their plans and will cancel to avoid the no show penalty. You can also subscribe to the December cancellation thread at the top of the Dining Reservations board and many have had luck with the Touring Plans reservation finder.

You have plenty of time to look for a reservation. Walking up would be a last resort with no guarantee that you'll be seated.

I signed up for the free res finder on Touring Plans to find ADRs for a party of 6 at both 'Ohana (dinner) and BOG (lunch) on Thanksgiving week. I've already gotten notices for both meals. You'd probably have luck, too, especially with a smaller party.

I'm also signed up for free res finder on Touring Plans & have received a number of notices for BOG dinner but have never been quick enough to catch one. My guess is for the hot ADRs like BOG & Ohana, you have to jump on it within a minute of receiving the alert. Luck of the draw if you can do it quickly and beat everyone else to it.

Bring a sleeping bag. And dinner.
I'd bet good money the poster will be seated, especially with a party of two. My advice is to show up 15 minutes or so before the restaurant is scheduled to open and tell the Cast Member you're willing to wait for a table. You'll probably have to wait a while, but based on my experience, I suspect you'll eventually be accommodated.

Try getting an ADR the day or two before... People have to cancel at least 24 hours in advance to avoid being charged, so something may pop up.

TIA
Have you tried Touring Plans reservation finder? I am coming in September and put in a wish and in just a few days it was found! Sure beats not stressing over your plans.

Keep trying to get and ADR, but, if you are staying at the Poly, then you could get the twilight feast? I think that's what it's called, it's the Ohana food but as room service. Costs less too from what I hear.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!