Ohana Question

Fish4bas

Earning My Ears
I have reservations for ohana on july 26th can anyone give me an ideal on the price for this time of year.. The website is showing anywhere form $35-$60.. Also what are the alternative items for children? We have a 4 year old that would not eat any of the menu items that are listed and did not want to pay the the $25-$35 when she would not eat..

Can't help with pricing but last time we were there they brought out a kids platter with mac and cheese, fries, chicken nuggets. They also brought out separate kids desserts, ice cream sundaes.

Pricing, per https://www.disboards.com/threads/buffet-character-shows-aycte-pricing.3108466/:

dinner. . . 11/24/2016 Adult: $45.80, Child: $25.56

You will pay $25.56 + tip for a child even if they eat the "alternative" offerings, or nothing at all. They will sometimes bring kids mac and cheese, nuggets or a hot dog, as well as an alternate dessert. Everyone at the table will pay the appropriate rate regardless of what or how much they eat.

If you are not comfortable with a $25 Happy Meal, you may wish to eat elsewhere.

I have reservations for ohana on july 26th can anyone give me an ideal on the price for this time of year.. The website is showing anywhere form $35-$60.. Also what are the alternative items for children? We have a 4 year old that would not eat any of the menu items that are listed and did not want to pay the the $25-$35 when she would not eat..

They do have kid options. Just ask what they have that evening. It will still be the same price, but at least the child will have something he/she will eat.

In Disney restaurants, if you choose an AYCTE or buffet meal, everyone pays. You may be offered alternatives, such as 'Ohana offers, but you will not be discounted.

It was around $120 for three of us 2 years ago. Clearly the price has gone up. I think 'Ohana dinner is worth the price at least once but I never took my children there until I knew they would eat what was being offered.

It's too expensive for young children and (adult) picky eaters.

I echo what B-Ride said. That's funny (actually it is not)!!!!! Cost of meals at WDW is beyond belief.

An alternative: If you are a resort guest at the Poly, I hear that you can get the 'Ohana meal as room service and that it is an enormous portion, enough for 2 or more. You could pick up a kid's meal at Captn Cook's or order one from room service. I'm sure the cost would be much less than a $25 Happy Meal in the restaurant (that was the funniest thing I've read in a long time, PP!) A room picnic would be really fun!

I feel blessed that we were able to take advantage of Free Dining when it was still a bargain, and I didn't have to deal with this kind of dilemma when my son was young.

Another suggestion, take the kids to on site daycare for 2/3 hours and go to Ohana yourself! Its a cant miss for my family and has been since 2005

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter