Ohana or trails end

Rxdr2013

Mouseketeer
Help me decide! For this Saturday!

We have a party of 10. Including a 18 month old, 6 year old and 3 teens. It is the teens first time as well as my sister in law and other brother and sister in law haven't been in a long time. I have ate at ohana before but never trails end. I was able to get a reservation for 940 Saturday night at ohana and 710 at Trails end. We are planning on being at animal kingdom then head to dinner. I know the fort would need extra travel time so we would need to leave earlier. I have ate at the take out next door to trails end. If we do ohana we will see fireworks before. If we do trails end we will see after. My family is staying at wilderness lodge but my in laws are at Disney springs. Which would you Do? I'm leaning towards ohana but I'm worried if the kids eat early in the parks because they are hungry then it would be a waste to eat ohana. I don't want to be disappointed with trails end either.

The in laws are only coming up the weekend. As part of my son and I birthday we are going up Wednesday night. Saturday will be a long park day between Hollywood and animal kingdom. Sunday we are doing magic kingdom and they don't really want to do breakfast.

Its hard planning for so many! So many options. I also looked into the firework cruise but my sister in law really wants to eat area sit down meal together. And I know my niece would love to see fireworks since it is their only night.

Oh yeah and I told everyone i would buy! but I didn't realize the price went up for ohana! We are passholders and I am going to buy Disney gift card from target to save a little.

My husband would prefer to eat off site so he's no help!
Help!

Well the closest the girls will get to fireworks is Ohana and we watch it from there. It is our favorite WDW restaurant and we have 2 dinners and usually1 breakfast there every trip.

I have only been to Trails End for breakfast, but we did not like it. We go to ‘Ohana every trip. It’s one of our favorites. And watching the fireworks from the beach is so cool. Especially with a post-dinner Dole Whip. 😉

I have had dinner at both. Like both for different reasons but the time slot alone would let me choose Trails End.......could never do 9:40.

Good luck. Let us know which one you decide and how it all went!

Trails End is not worth the travel hassle from AK to Ft. W. Poly is easier to get to from AK, but 'Ohana isn't great either, IMHO, and 9:40 pm is pretty late. If those are really your only two choices, I would probably go with 'Ohana simply due to transportation. Can you get an earlier reservation at Kona or GF Cafe (or 1900) and then simply watch the fireworks from the beach at Poly or boat dock at GF? You could also go to the Wave at CR and watch the fireworks from the 4th floor observation deck.

Went to Trail’s End yesterday after not being there for many years. Have to say it was very good! Not as much of a selection as other buffet’s but what they had was great, best buffet on property in my opinion. If you like comfort food you would like this. The only items I wasn’t crazy about was the ribs and brisket. They were not bad, but I am a BBQ guy and I’m very picky. I would say the ribs were still better than any chain type restaurants by far. They seemed to have a real good dessert selection along with a self serve ice cream machine. $35 an adult.

I love Ohana. But it's much more expensive for a large group than Trails End. What about Whispering Canyon Cafe? It's a ton of fun for large groups and at least some of you will be at your resort so transportation is not so crazy. No fireworks though unless u boat over to Magic Kingdom or something. One time I boated over to MK from Wilderness Lodge and was a bit late for the fireworks. Turned out to be perfect - we watched it from the boat and had an amazing view....basically a private fireworks cruise (the CM paused during the fireworks).

Ohana is a MUST for us! (Although we have done dinner, we usually do breakfast. We have plenty of time to interact with Stitch and Lilo!) To be honest, we've never been to Trails End so I can't compare the two.

We've gone to Ohana with every age person - toddler, child, teen, adult and senior. Every one loved the atmosphere.
I was afraid the teens we took would think that Stitch isn't "cool" but they all LOVED it. The food is fantastic as well!

TE by a mile. The food is better, the atmosphere isn't chaos, and the staff is top notch. We always make at least 1 reservation there each trip.

Food at Trails End much better, service at Trails End is so so so much better. Last time at O'Hana's it was crystal clear that we were not invited to sit there and enjoy the food. The skewer servers did not come around often, and the server was so intent to getting us gone he brought out the dessert way before we were finished eating. We vowed never to go back and our experience has been confirmed by others who ate there. After dinner at Trial's End you can walk around the campground area if you wish. Enjoy the quiet and also the food at Trail's end. Whole log cabin type atmosphere is great.

9:40 is way too late for a group that includes little ones. Or for me. I wouldn’t go to a dinner that late. I would just say no.

We had a reservation this late at Ohana once, we however did not get seated until much much later, we were a party of 7 (4 adults, 3 children of ages 5,5 and 4) Kids were sleeping at the table before the drinks orders were even brought out. Obviously Ohana for dinner is a more challenging reservation to get your hands on so we jumped at anything as it was our first time trying ohana on a last minute trip to Disney World. Having done this now I would never eat this late again especially with little ones who are already tired from a day in the MK. I too would also say no on this occasion as you just cant enjoy it the same! :)

Agree with considering Whispering Canyon. However, I am going to offer up Boma as you will be at AK for the day. Food is amazing; AKL is beautiful and appreciated by all ages. Both WCC and Boma show availability for Saturday for 10 and offer discounts. I know it isn’t fireworks, though.

We have eaten late at ‘Ohana several times but never with small children. We have never gone to Trail’s End due to its remote location. My husband doesn’t offer much as far as opinions go, but I do always run late eating times by him. Did the family give a preference regarding late dining at ‘Ohana? Perhaps they wouldn’t mind or will be more open to other dining venues without proximity to fireworks in order to eat earlier.

We loved both restaurants. Ohana, to me, would be the preferable choice, but it is really late for the kids, and that could put a damper on your enjoyment (grumpy, tired kids, beyond paying so much money for kids that won't eat). I would keep both reservations, but keep on trying to get an earlier one for Ohana. If you can't secure the earlier one for Ohana, go with Trail's End. Good food , and you can enjoy the campfire after dinner.

I would hope the OP made a decision by yesterday :D, to avoid a no-show charge tonight at one location of the other.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!