'OHANA means CHUNKY! An Aug 2017 Family TR THE END 4/26 - The Last Day and Trip Epilogue!

:rotfl: Also... I see what you did there :darth: :laughing:

That is how the Force works, LOL!

I couldn't agree more. We'll have to make it work again soon :goodvibes

Absolutely! When is the next trip?

So loving this trip report...you have such a way with words...I have two wishes...to be included in future family trip planning, you did such an amazing job. I just want to follow along ...lol the second would be to meet you on a future DW or DCL...us Dis ers need to connect!!!! :mickeyjum:tinker:

Aww thank you so much you are very sweet.
And yes for sure if you ever want to meet up please let me know. I'll be in WDW in Sept and Jan...those are the only trips I have officially planned for now, but there will be more.

Looks like the perfect portion size!
It was! Sometimes I am not too hungry but don't want to not have my beloved chicken bowl so I get a kid sized and it works :)

:laughing:Still super cute!

Thanks!!

Love this one!

The panther shots were cool! I didn't know what to expect!

Okay, the fish eye is super cool!

I really like them!

:dancer:
And that's how it's done! A dream come true!

Another plus to having so many kids along...so many rider swap passes!
At first from the look on his face, I thought you were joking. Then read about his strawberries. :worship:

Yup he does not look like the Gardening type, but he really likes it! I personally don't have a green thumb...or any finger for that matter.

I LOVE this pasta dish!

It was tasty! My sister loves it.

Well, that's a pretty cool story!

It is!! It was like it was meant to be...

That was my take on it too, but... as you say, carb-y.

For sure, it was carb-y...but when on vacation...

I think I liked the stuffing even more. So filling and rich!

I liked it too although I think I remember liking it a lot more on a previous trip/

I was the same!!! Holy cow!!! Nicely done!

Thank you!!

I need to find out about this "day". Is is often? Once a year? How does this work?!

There's only been 2 so far, one in 2016 and one in 2017 - they were only announced like a month or so before the day itself. Basically it's just like any day at the park with additional photopass photographers, magic shots, and rare characters out. The nice thing is that all photopass downloads for that day are free in all the parks. So it's nice if you don't have an AP with memory maker as you can get all your pictures from that day. If you already purchased memory maker for your trip then it kinda doesn't matter either way. Crowds were high and lines for photographers were pretty long. The rare characters had the longest lines though. They do have a guide online that gives you the location of almost all the magic shots so they was pretty easy to find.
:worship: So impressed!!!

I'll be impressed when there's actually fruit coming from the plant! But Steve says thanks! :)

Photopass day looked fun! Jealous of the black panther shot!

It was pretty cool! I dont' know if they have these on a non-photopass day I've never seen them before.

Always sad to say bye to ohana but maybe a bit of relief too?8-)

Definitely was a relief, but I really just hoped they had fun. The kids had a blast. Think the adults needed another vacation...

We have LTT booked for June-DH and I liked it so much in December we thought the kids would love it-and with hungry teens figured it is a pretty good value. Bit worried about the heavier meal in June heat vs the freezing weather we had on December 30th though.

Ha it's ok I never let the heat stop me from eating like I'm going to hibernate...LOL
I think your family will enjoy it!

I miss express bus too! Really can't believe they did away with that. 3 is fairly easy and painless but 4 parks in a day is now a ton more work! Disney also now lost money on me because I won't stay the whole day and park hop. I will leave and maybe come back later.

I know right? I don't know why they stopped it. Was it not doing well? Were they losing money on it? I'd gladly pay a bit more to keep the service. You do pay a premium but for un-crowded convenience to me that is worth it!

#DisneyMath Gets me every time!

Haha yes, basically me flinging money at Disney is all the math I do.

August 16th was Photopass Day!

What a cool thing for Disney to do!

We said our round of goodbyes to everyone, and just like that, the family portion of the trip was over!

So the real fun can now begin, right? :rotfl:

I did miss them though...just a little. :laughing:

Its nice that you and your family get along so well. If I had been with my family, I may have been loooking for opportunities to ditchthem after the first day!

We decided to not waste time on line for the special characters as those lines were hours long and just focus on some of the magic shots they had throughout the parks.

Makes sense, who wants to wait in long lines?

Steve, who was still full from breakfast just picked a bit at my bowl. I am thinking I may have gotten the child's portion as it looks a little smaller.

That still looks huge to me!

mNrSkG0M2zQ-_4osVeIK_Mg0RBm9OvrSenbuRBgwzuIR0b65IiHeoEWCWJzoU52uYpzB-PCr-O_j1e9iLS_NpMhFTdlTEwu9B-4JFyu6VUKE-DY-7cQGRz-0wO2PMT1I3vr2qQacEt_YCZI9Fq0tFdJTJfKkZgG7xbFh2bV7lsai64ESorMEmJqsaN5_a4noFDBMYPvbBgIA_klAzPVJbT-SWlFjxgAIV1pMVXMGzknwqiIXJwfT-i8pxNOgVhIw6b2R6ZVr4WwGmKDG9ImnrtpmoHax7Ot1G_hH5-Bxd7KeskmIeZERdpP-pjHlVcMSDdDyvwsycXNxRreCKODZPgkU9oVRF9iRcJamRj91UV09v0mtRF8pu60gvmhnOPs5aPjjztiUUodiZZcIJtfEEI2xZ76Ak8Kxzekkr34-R4kNg8Dqe27vEvEnosdRY0IKdVqZCtncT6NeZwImR4PDDzqn6o4QTzzPIJ5NNsLYbCYAwoztG0oxRT__L7D-xlsOeak0iPK4Hz7NO_VmxEn-rdDUAkwY2lR7Ahqtfx8RQy0y6NAUuUo03-kapZpi15qTw3zgTP7YsujU_r3b8tuaCCjCYRH4J6Dcw6IQ2Nru=s637-no

Glad I brought my Snow White shirt today

Love that shot!

The CM told me it was a 3 hour line. Er, no thank you!

Yeah, really!

I think the only rides we managed to get FP for was LWTL and Mission: Space, which were fine by us. I think we also used one of our anytime FPs for Soarin' - we had a bunch since my family never used the ones they got when Test Track was down, so we had a whole stash of unused FPs.

What a bonus to have so many anytime FP!

I thought about how fast and efficient we were when we didn't have to stop for bathroom breaks, diaper changes, parking the stroller, finding out where we parked the stroller, or try to make FPs on the fly with screaming kid trying to climb you (or beg for another fidget spinner). It was nice. :) I don't know how you all do it, but I really admire you parents especially with young kids!

I don't know how they do it either! I have enough trouble with my adult child!

Verdict: Disneyland still reigns supreme when it comes to churros.

Im not sure I've had one at either park!

Meanwhile, my Ohana had spent the day either by the pool, and some of them even ventured to Disney Springs.

Nice way to spend the day!

They all got back to NJ safe and sound and that was the end of their portion of the trip!

Nice when your flight is so short that you don't lose the while day traveling.

We managed to get a later FP+ for Haunted Mansion which was perfect timing as it was right before our Dismeet dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern with @Tracy161!

Nice....

Soon it was time for a whirl with hitchhiking ghosts...

How did you get that shot? I can never get my camera to work in that hallway!

Tracy looks gorgeous and I look like a sweaty deer in headlights, haha.

You bith look great! And not to leave Steve out. He looks good too. I don't know how you hold up for so long!

LTT has a set menu for dinner and everyone gets the same feast:

You've made me want to really try this place for dinner! But early in the trip because I would take all the leftovers back to the villa for more meals!

Oooey Gooey Toffee Cake
Vanilla Cake with Gooey Toffee Filling, Caramel Sauce, and Vanilla Ice Cream

But this sounds just heavenly!

Us on the other hand were so drained from the day that we decided to head back to the Poly.

I would have barely made it through dinner and ended up watching the fireworks from the Poly if not skipped them all together. I don't know how you do it!

Of course when Disney calls a Holiday, it's a BIG DEAL.

Okay, I'll give you that one.

Thanks! You can borrow it if you like. :D

Can you leave it at guest relations or something? Thanks!

So that's why they have all the mosquito repellents out!

::yes::

Since it was PhotoPass day all the locations with photographers doing magi shots was listed online somewhere and we just headed to those places.

Ah. Thought maybe you just knew or were given a park map like a times guide.

That's the nicest thing I've heard all week!!:flower1: Thank you!!!:thanks:

Merely the truth.

At that point, maybe a little less.

:laughing:

He's growing strawberries, cauliflower and I think some sort of lettuce.

jjj7lT-Snr48DAbblUJYCMwhJzfAT5ukjSATFfjgewkOQU0WRmGAehkIZ65FApp3gEHFINEap2t76C8yM5y5zz-qIwGEuEkhP4U3VXzflr23WuqlBaFw7lf4G8DMNBRgEn271Ordylil9jrmilbxaZxPQWB6XYXsz9LcmNlbtSPAsiGoeu5fOhgmxAAlQHsXu4tFXWNji21n_Joj9K54H2ow37kHWF9FnFohJZFdjYBH-bRCwnTKJ-dLSeRHxPsPRc1LT2vDS1i2MhqgLN6BIDMtJKfPZ3bn52_bePim96QE2r4HAXfu91pYxSyEUY37-ny0t7CwWfBI_6Pyq2pw9rMeX3JyapsbuefSwM9vW2yQ06Y0XF5pGFbWoqsE5qw1qrsUnsRFXHHJHG7LHeu0gt4FGTdvFJNNZSGzuhyy2KOIePBgsF8H4Tut6NCp2bXR2-qDTbYix4OKr4QDfu-yYkzdbSzbK6I-Jzz2XQu4-aExKRpbXXLkgC1marlJCBnVZ--LMsKWVuxKaPLNY-Ps9aXefPuV0UaZFsxKcixTiXGDK0AxSOQm9UtZgnI09wSn7ad1NLsv5bl04a5heihqzvJMa425ohrZXe9NTQFG=w850-h637-no

That's so cool!!! It's The Mini-Land!
Is there a mini boat ride that goes around it?

You must have a DL churro!!

Now you tell me! Where were you a week ago?????

you're, right, I should have! :sad:

See?

I love Dole Whip floats too! OK so maybe it's a tie for favorite drink.

I'll let you have that. Glad you came to your senses!

Air conditioning is the best invention ever.

I dunno... Heated car seats and steering wheels in winter are pretty good too.

DISMeet 2019? :)

Hmmm... got a date? I think I might be free but not sure.

Well I walked, stopped, took the picture, then walked some more.

Still very impressive. :worship:

For sure, it was carb-y...but when on vacation...

Truer words were never spoken. ;)

There's only been 2 so far, one in 2016 and one in 2017 - they were only announced like a month or so before the day itself. Basically it's just like any day at the park with additional photopass photographers, magic shots, and rare characters out. The nice thing is that all photopass downloads for that day are free in all the parks. So it's nice if you don't have an AP with memory maker as you can get all your pictures from that day. If you already purchased memory maker for your trip then it kinda doesn't matter either way. Crowds were high and lines for photographers were pretty long. The rare characters had the longest lines though. They do have a guide online that gives you the location of almost all the magic shots so they was pretty easy to find.

Thanks for the info! We aren't big on characters, but I do like the idea of the magic shots. And free? Hello!

Hmmm... that's an excellent question! When is your next after your September one?

We start our next set of APs in Sept. The only thing we have scheduled so far is a long weekend in January 2019 (MLK weekend). Then possibly first or second weekend in May (to coincide with May the 4th!) and then probably during the summer when they announce openings of Galaxy's Edge. Maybe a weekend or two in between. We're pretty much open at this point. :)

What a cool thing for Disney to do!

Yeah it was pretty cool to be part of a day like this usually we always miss these special events.

Its nice that you and your family get along so well. If I had been with my family, I may have been loooking for opportunities to ditchthem after the first day!

LOL those thoughts did cross my mind. Thank goodness my nieces and nephew are so cute.

That still looks huge to me!

The kids size is a nice snack portion. Although sometimes after I eat it, I'm like, well I shoulda just ordered the adult portion!

What a bonus to have so many anytime FP!

Man, it was the best thing ever!!!

I don't know how they do it either! I have enough trouble with my adult child!

I know...there was definitely a lot more midday breaks though!

Im not sure I've had one at either park!

Not a churro person?
I like them, but I don't love them, although I think the smell of them in DLR was definitely more alluring than at WDW.

Nice when your flight is so short that you don't lose the while day traveling.

Yes, definitely why we can do WDW more often.

How did you get that shot? I can never get my camera to work in that hallway!

I just held my point and shoot really steady, like I have to rest my elbow against something to try and not move as to blur the shot. Also don't use flash. It doesn't come out good that often, but this one is my best one yet!

You bith look great! And not to leave Steve out. He looks good too. I don't know how you hold up for so long!

Thanks! Must be the excitement of meeting Tracy!

You've made me want to really try this place for dinner! But early in the trip because I would take all the leftovers back to the villa for more meals!

That is a GOOD IDEA!!!

But this sounds just heavenly!

It's quite yummy!!

I would have barely made it through dinner and ended up watching the fireworks from the Poly if not skipped them all together. I don't know how you do it!

Can you leave it at guest relations or something? Thanks!

Got it. One Mulan top at Guest Relations!

Ah. Thought maybe you just knew or were given a park map like a times guide.

I'm not sure if they had a printed guide. They might have. We just found one online.

That's so cool!!! It's The Mini-Land!
Is there a mini boat ride that goes around it?

Yes, in about 47.6 years we may have the permits to build a moat, and we are giving FPs to all DISboard readers!

Now you tell me! Where were you a week ago?????

On the DISBoards while you guys were traipsing around DLR! :laughing:

I'll let you have that. Glad you came to your senses!

Yes, slight relapse there, but I definitely got it together!

I dunno... Heated car seats and steering wheels in winter are pretty good too.

Truth!

Hmmm... got a date? I think I might be free but not sure.

Hmm, should be free most of 2019...going back in January, and probably first or second week of May.

Still very impressive. :worship:

Thank you!

Thanks for the info! We aren't big on characters, but I do like the idea of the magic shots. And free? Hello!

Yes FREE!! Finally something free from Disney! Well, with park admission of course.

Got it. One Mulan top at Guest Relations!

Yusss!!!!

Yes, in about 47.6 years we may have the permits to build a moat, and we are giving FPs to all DISboard readers!

Sweet! No waiting in long lines!

On the DISBoards while you guys were traipsing around DLR! :laughing:

:rolleyes1

Hmm, should be free most of 2019...going back in January, and probably first or second week of May.

Okay. Toying with maybe going in 2019....not sure.

We start our next set of APs in Sept. The only thing we have scheduled so far is a long weekend in January 2019 (MLK weekend). Then possibly first or second weekend in May (to coincide with May the 4th!) and then probably during the summer when they announce openings of Galaxy's Edge. Maybe a weekend or two in between. We're pretty much open at this point. :)
Consider this information noted :thumbsup2

OK everyone! Time to wrap things up on this TR!! Then I can finally start our fall trip report! Can't believe this is the last post of my Chunky Ohana Trip Report! Don't worry, I'll do a little wrap up at the end since this trip was so epic!

Day 9: The Last Morning

Wow I couldn't believe we'd been in Disney for so long! This was our 9th day and I think it was the longest trip we've had to date. Still felt like I needed another week though! :laughing: We had packed up slowly over the past few days so we didn't have to pack more than a few last minute things that morning. One key thing that I found that really helps with packing: Bring a large laundry bag, like a lightweight drawstring one, and hang it in your room, and it'll fill up with all the clothes over the week. When you leave you can just put the whole bag as is in an empty suitcase. Haha, no folding necessary. Even though we did laundry once, we still left with a ton of laundry to do!

We brought our stuff down, did airline check in, and since we had late checkout we left our carry-on stuff in the room. Our flight wasn't leaving until 4 pm so ME was going to pick us up at around 1pm in any case. After airline check-in, we were on our way to our last morning in..DHS! Today was gonna be fun because we had some FP+ to kill, and we were going to meet @Tracy161 again!

So the whole morning was a bit of a blur to me. It was definitely hot, I knew that. I think we did our FP+ which was for Star Tours, TSM, and not sure what the last one was for but we might have skipped it. We caught some of the First Order March, took some pictures, we ate a pretzel, and then met Tracy!!

Inqjkdsx4kIcZel-OXDolEfLXW2rP4Y0Fx8n3Tvt1CTsCYfwAp3yYqnheXvMO7yPYxaL7nPnOHeHGBkel37mvFgORHHCUa8ZxIhP9hDASAn0hhO3aIPixhreqjMRbiT_5440Yxzp8qzLpPFE9JwYinyvowsVBOFwPTa_tvnp72MSURcXE_ICsH_aVqajY-we88W3b_VkoCKN_N5z7ZHHhomQuMDB4JuGvq43virTuichJ5ySW2gOsS8PNIfuzbxbxg2nydQXE528g7vndZincczMbGpjiV4T4O_s16wIidTkH509eC0iHyrz3I8Q7V4BQc8Mv5FC5zSUsgWAuaDFZ-5vgjZLz5hOXHtHFbipOwqlxnf4KN90z4Hmlkc6vv1mjN7BiSZdSNIf2FKXqBA3jVVZHbABIaN-3uqcAT4VitUZth_qohTXmda1VlW1maRtx2Xa7HZg-UdSue85nVGe7GeIITWVnZuUyq0Oqr700cl5eU3I6BdJwmMOz-JoO2bqfONzHqk3KkfUbEiLviPAka9nqO-phFvCXWam8fGw2WgoFGBbJTetn23LrcJlHqWnqJAP4zZaGQBub4IIoZpkgNybQQ6fUMbDjxC95SWz=w825-h619-no

I'm pretty sure I was on the left. I was so close! But if you all have read my December TR, you know that I now hold the high score between me and Steve. Hehe.

With Tracy:

eCNbIp6JO-G4ZLIpMCFnSP9VQgirosMzE6mmSttxhzOI5tBHEKeOAX_bsXBtRi8jWbsGvH9pBJH85YS_syDBQe5kqnY0dqhCkuyq-sAu0ilH6UIAMLOc1UZvIiVqD1nHF9tEC7FfIrgkFmkOwku4iRA6-62lHPWwdDhazictkeu6-SvfbMs-Cv5hQfjziZBiyFFfOaipa6IBfAhb02DGTGcANdqpaTQi1f6ElviBoxXPHMFAzIMGR6NCkSCtWDNpaNBAHecfSqWJ2EENco6RmaSVs_SlVYyT0BEq1NYEb1AZdvKk01LcF__aRnE_Sc0Nu6qbcoKfqxw3GdsCohXXRqCNqfd5K-nD47JUKeijCmNRG58CfR0lZzL5XkVMpFsOW9DJy-OLVbi0pLZNeMlW_vKtiH-PRZ_Qu9heCjvuguhNKDvPvISZ3ObgbfcYR8-mcAEW0MOTFYTdcRzytZgblaG4xHJ3x1qnTccepM5Rq2ZciMRaiql0QtTAH-HIHSNLuclgYoH_bDrQkCrNbRi2xUgLgleoA4xN9H3DMtiQisvbUL73WVZoTgtVNMnsPD355ab81foFqloCBZyqiqLO2XI1kV-qI4HuRD72OymU=w425-h637-no
wbPvFhws16bYm3OR6s7jmlpoabVWmZhbQkWWvr7RRk68lO611BAUZGcIevOisG7d51uU-nUwOWNIIyHUvaIPglgn_e78w0Eg6QWtRy8IEnzFDd1-5WvpL8FPQbqlM2EloqFa7_Spm6-N0DMFTNo48HVMtmXa2faYgWze184-QjogpuiKtuKK4xMRy6WF-lr_qYkcdaXRasO9sTfSHQBxUQ6upM9asJFHkXX_xf31AKrhWLyIflp6GAky7zD7FFV2UtDlJpdi18h46R9BM-P8h4CFVYj4p4jFCSETiZ7X0ORWKKv49OQEiV3jQHTQHOnYQtZkjs1dXQB4OkKqOOAU0sWmitYfZRAuRAuiJuh_RG1KxfGd0s8wB_PoGwjECS6i8O2bMBKVsZ1K_uVu0I4tNqvSmNTTo1FSuYynui2H-0o2x9U0nhsyx2sUQ9zjgO5u-omCNIEXJdqht3fEgA5_06O8CmoiNsB0jzsX1jjsgTNaWI0wQAN41T7HfVeUF5Lk3HsVAlwBBO9vY_7wDaHZnac0hD4D22Pno5LvEM-aK6P_3ak7FUUjIUS4bqjCqu_TV0NToh1Kay70jhi6r4_YkJTUPPIXYozU5H1m8_tp=w425-h637-no

We walked around Star Wars Launch Bay with Tracy and I showed her the "hidden" Mickey inside one of the ships. She was also ordered around by some Stormtroopers.

OBSteTYAOccpdpEeEP9vr9aYm8ehH_3VPAk_HTHqjQEua2_4COnkbRqfWHl-9Q_AakgWJN0S-CdBiye44kkhCZ-F5KZVAbfeEEquu1KzCUDZY5qV9-A72kzM3BepJG82bRDO3oA9E6YBTWVdh5kyRZuYyurdtiVX5inPxRQ4JJRNIqc6HY_5tKy_FcRVIXfL-tyY4h83wb6xy2CZekzWt5pbHYE8ji1BE-TDoY2X9CBFRgOtqJYdLOeKbCavK6YBexXeOtSArwubw4RaSAhLDIZtz0aN0j5LPBSKuR_oZtK2kbhCKJ3JSpA1Sgr88wfTxLlmWB1pIhmbDO3ixbjXWoifP7hOJOVkxxZiPzRN4Tkf66Ab60nERr3UJkqUGC4E34z2IOArSgt6j5KVWMSftyDtnvpmfLqP5biD0KHrjY3f0Zz2MCv9vOxXVJvWcBE7K7RQkW3x1RJtH7mk8KfApgZ4Brnbvv3SGZkp56oDwUZW1dJVZPCH-wVDnox3Jxlh5SrZRYhYkj2SbqmHNlf-0-V7ZF5aWhJD8GNtQA1ErlLrC1co_Uk9swbI_3JdO2pAHlOKo8fzqKWeuFMwh9nPXnpPZXrqicboflhZRLSs=w478-h637-no

"Show me your identification card!"

We headed out to take some pictures:

TgVLet6Xc0Izd4mK9QbvQvmEF-DS8-hGdBr0oYJOOF38Pu78W-XJq7Ucfa_uGMHfhfwiFvAKOl0oSuiRKKoHXdGKPDdGAEYjm6s9kqJQ4mbrPJC0EZv84HYFXIxdefokBw2C7VavncrptOoOHsNP8SsosSUxRa5FYmmgar5SxB6DpTe96ovxBlGNh7BTfxU3tZf9Ln64zaa8eyg1IdxNjXAu2ggb8xxgtNKic7oJo0BRxanIRu5z7psy2coVSskHW3dsALYKKfp5QkJZHrBwu5fxzwmsdC_f95_I9wpuFVjhH49E5HXssEVEUAVFQbPPUSS0WtonJjvrFiuKcjQWaM_IhkzF0odTMpPPVB2CqpggcYx3dI1bITZZEizaOvFHNwsrUBGfTNyEVQzgUYoziQ2jiNXS4QxD35FO9_wmGheSin3FO6FDaWITOHM0IrpLThfcObh8xwxUTvh4b1Fy2cCAyHDlrsxxGnlFRte0R3Ew7l-lUgNbqbCV8JuP7QXQTLj95GdTtUJJN02QuECCpWCNNq3pUysOIwgqZ-7RXETMZ8fjKd5gfwnbFbaLRhk9EH_8IQF2PIs5_Vgo3UazYgNzeKc04KtSDD-ajJcu=w425-h637-no
D6RNUGnAatU81fxi_PRkFpGK-qHG0v3itWRi7M54yI5xCF7p24khJukOHarSQzXp4n9RxP_hwsWJcyvyHKMWWVvR32AwOPg4Zbw0kN7uxj4GoheOH6w1apC545LiOfObTKzzpVPccko_O627YUnRYk-TUdfA5iNVrEq4ODoJ4Dz72jvwcpiimtywY2o4YIDVGLDZdYTsuDCFL9UfdzH7vThRL9i1nR4doZDEO5T5bH5UMg18p92uHfgQgt4oMfsHD4qSjEO92jBr4TuMvef8UnhDmPE3hP7zQ6MqN4G1HSwRGjA0oi-hJ3W4ToXaZ7c0csS8T4v_NIvM6QYZBUp5PCN8GDCEcHHydXHoDyFiRa2YmmEVjznVv9qTmQljBnEdu6F92inCy_Y02nzTUl6qkeTSUNIfCEovR_Be71v6LFVRHrjAXQzI1-RTs7FtuN7Yu3YuFpsVHKGJK0OrR9FEgC5OGcdLFNMPIxo7_Muw6f_1-wCGsr-GvN-suly107ppL4hIybp1EhKGgbpTFuZqzXFSB5gsZORTQQS6Xmz-Y_hMOuIbuzEvBY9KalKcQNrgdtVd7gjZ4nR19t7Wdh5Uf_YDVDKTEGXT7dzdbjLU=w425-h637-no

3vxJBfH8_7862dW6Uj-vnv-FIC3jDO8rSuh6UH4ke_e5HkTJwq9I9CvvjaqKek182dqYwbAEAKYVx05bwz5HUrLNtlpDyKjxYQS7JQFmIBrt2hjSgwC17lPoKrkjc-qNZfU3C38WrRcV8240j7OhwUv7PfqOK6Bnmn8KD59zxFkXA5MYC2Dt5W3Y9epO418jhFtNVf2xk_b_huIUUnjK6dNomRM1xio8Z1W0oBEjZzW3ZiQ3GEeepfFwyj8hvwTOZAWeOPEGKFuHFkfwjedYSAzoSrFePvqs6WjNJqH4075aYXOgeGfgDCb_d_kX1HnLeytylf92ZM7zRJUw5Vqf2a_bS5NF-hQHRBuZuOAoRTlSn_HpDmLzqY7MCFIDHejPZlpq8edx-wvTMMzP3xk8CTD_rx529He9mNbbw8VOpPpswZjhnD2BXXhFn9lnzkelk44sxYvGiX2L_WFCw8lwXA42OpVEF37lm0uqg-lEqsnH9-tmvHVYyYvOdbCy2_g3yihhPRNLb8DBn9tMnXXCKYVEs2ARLdeBhNDsaAER0Z4fQQBGG1-XpEPz8dzQFIoyJXP5gUvzs2RR05y_hf1tcBC_IOA7xsqZoexS89uL=w425-h637-no
9W2osyTlWrPceS7YmM9bzG5wC7itL_vdz3h54geXpuq3GmRjLDoP1688PNyFlRQBJlFmSB5cXlkcQLlpTa0wIhe_gP_kejWBVLtpntm2We5AU3kSW6QlLFuH417YrGvHGRqN7LiV86JiGM14n_w-i9ixZ-4eHoGuM5RePIE3t3RPN2MMqClghTAUcWElv53PXnW_zxOLT8jaGk3MwiUnsXWmUzRHJ1THwBwezOwmNmwpSsAMZkhCxfDRBeZkVumZQxOWdY3-4PinEAOBjuzx6RY1627JFkYG-k46A4dkGIVoC4TYvdiTmJe8r_2OfSwcTmXv27Q8nUbKOGnfj0BWR1VneSYBPbCk2TvS1nXnmz0Pvd2kgtpyTTm--wOttDsSOPRelPy0tTj3rSPEPlcXKjk0SEF2rJn6mKqASYiXCvyfZb4sm4cWl8J7Kugp7j3Up994vztFOKSeTjGyxDvA_y75z5-qCPPMSl1fjk9wrtjZB3qh8A_g4e0Ejo9cmGwwnFeNM4bmu8R-HEN6h8YlK_yfG5ZoLYVGUSQnNPYVrkHdKjDkwqNKAKMIMdO-6KMPbX_lY-6j3X7yQ2NPpRCgQV9Wuor0RIqWC86N75qN=w425-h637-no

It was so great seeing @Tracy161 one last time!! We also gave Tracy our stash of Anytime FPs we had for Epcot, and the piece de resistance: a RIDER SWAP PASS for FLIGHT OF PASSAGE. She was so happy and I was so happy I gave them to someone that I KNOW at Disney! Not only that, but a DISBoarder who knows how to use them wisely. I knew she couldn't get a Flight of Passage FP+ so I was happy to save it for her. :)
Although Tracy's attempts at paying it forward didn't exactly turn out the way she thought it would. :lmao: You'll have to ask her about that!

Ciau03V742IvugoE8ZrwxS7vJlPl_RomSWUrOVlCNznEATmXGsyUypQvhlI_BKAOX7VjuwI2AwmkFzPUoQ295WBPQsLylFqf_jH67FNCHOf0gQoqlR0MMgc9MC2m1LASQMZZ4WCUUpjsxb04GT4CVqoZya-GTIs_1oKKaIBW2ARpOXDjCJygM64SjQZjo0fM_G6U557DAOKKFtATLJW-emQlDyfXQbD5kskqgajxKChwfkMWehDzN0Xx1KcVr-lkBSgZpMVyYg9fpYbATJKB5fpP3S-9tjSJUjb2l-rQJaPDWFjcKvyQMQjDWm_6xI9NtcJgq0bYgSfYGdO-yaUJ2JALU8-dr3VqJ2cBWYudOLnByHdsom7QIFlWaxUpD2IWrYozOHpPnYISWo4IKXVQDM_NFsy2d-sBlynkDoq3_U8s4qiAuKpZUSiQub3tQ4aFTAFRPoQHzT2hzbwNce9FPay785riqeySa0ah4nOzEA8pOL_21_TajOywYqYyH-eraOpM1kcnEaaZzqbxuxeBxSdrgL04Jw2113qyLu3vRYDG-xuQquX-vJgFmwOo420gPBExQ1xFiBNjTXpsTYqgKW2mfwvQh-Ke8OHb4dAc=w478-h637-no

One final selfie!

Goodbye Tracy! Your trip was just beginning though! It was so great being able to meet up with you that weekend. I'm so glad everything worked out. Let's do it again! :thumbsup2

jXDfv9zcbAxQ2LlVCMH2aVHoJO01WFgsW6oAiIo90kEI9T9jVz6OfZVjg06fAOjaS8jhRNRZZSGNJ2AtZILQx11Y6rtAtxYN4ArKJb1xNaRcBWyVAK4joa9__Kn5hkByoj_xSbxzwVy9sTeP9KwurxwJSUdJa0Ol9d-Mr5Gosb4lw619Kf53oaGhFnSsBNYHDVV3w43tWEbUJmoxVn2mqsyP7uC60N8Dx2LabTypMjKLVOGb8vwM9SMGDjB3zf6bxt0MQoCuGyQjUOX5uA36SfN7Otf5dHc7-6s5h7gqnSyu4OgbcSutwIq7G0VaEaL-AOP37p0M0WNRxuLrI9mmUazQ7xxhZTMTAV60zS3ucc2jKH3kBLXXPMdmo8XAy5MtSpEFtlhzd_JYoODmwA6WsvOZoha8VRsJFT5_-btgxR9AAlIP4gJ4kz1amSJStRqithJJOvIFS81ruMPJKXZ4FIy-hIoS5abox9NO5RUbW1rWkMVRv7lquMkwghyzcebo4Q2WudVJP-jCZWT3JSk0ciCP40AVzdi5_PrGnAz4on-yILeaxRkypi5pRQsgR2lBOjnFgKrEjkwb-C2rWnv4trzvLczBWgG--Fi4NYJl=w425-h637-no

Looks like you're already given me the thumbs up Tracy, yay!!

Alas that was our final time in the parks for this trip. We had to head back to the Poly so that we could shower and make it on Tragical Express in time!

We got back to the Poly and while I was getting ready, Steve went to Captain Cooks to get some food. He came back with a noodle bowl with chicken, and some nuggets:

ODGcNlWdOzZ7bhFXvIpDeqtz5JSF25nGviqfzXjjt_kucz4xV7Op3iy2B6fdCeKuraGRGH5V3sFBbi49uCBs42HrzzYh-1eRNx_PxA86kQNrof4FP9Sw9AhLLGXZVDWkjQMcvuBG9Odn9_gTaewMekSsoGfuY5xo3lkcu-9r9XyY0FYjTsGVVjWrqFkC_xF39cG4ixBYX2Hp3vL5jOqQBFtz9jIoDhHPdJvZ2cPdB29BjLPCh8GUvqiyq7R6YHjSdJmHxQQf9c0Giij-vSGQWNy4h4J58jU2C2gjUDs-C1R8527UKeiEKe_koFOr9iEpCe9ltRRLIMk7ozffsaSUBLxmyDeG5IlyjZEUuh2vM0beVNqXpHaTi6Al2h-s4jOk9wG8a6KwNiNxk-nxzwx_ZHOtw-5YqbC36eR0F0m-M8yBBTFHvdMXHq_oY8iL0Q2S07JApC-TFyeFTxAerqkx5D2-5n--P3zhLWmL_8Nwua6AW-Xr_Aw4K6XkyTYuVGsX-EfXnM3mNLScx_u_fo4oRMt7zOOkk5RtITvlASsBiqkIDYFlX_G3E97Uqdi01eT_cPcEhSwKkV5bqT1YBzXuSW1o2k8S2wXl8H8puM1F=w825-h550-no

5TkO_WVDeR1B5x6A7n6Y4xq2fXFQg0tkUwPuW-X0M2vcqmtDDCwKvBkgZL43RoKV_9EszHNcGWmMUmVm1Mf9O0MKK-H3LjDJvP2R7VJDVVnwnDyGYn59PDVrMnD_Sp4g2KHgl1MnGJvIx0iv0Tkl51BnYjq5ANM3l_OPVS8mnPL2lo79zg07hn7aUFLZyPQvk2mor0h4q9umaNpVYilAf5hcJSUuUY7FOz4xK8wxLfxYagOuAIqbtB27eIXZppTLWw18iGq-kZcafAO80fT8e4Ck8HVtROKaXMWqURxcLn7XVJmvNPVvhi00Q5mgIVWhkMLskUfS7V5PRlNxO7ME0y_J7fIfJuziQnpxAK6EE-j2rNEUqveSwfVT0j1FRWXyK5Onhtbr4h0DlDPW-pesrxdgJD1qYzi2TDmwCGK6sR_1259civ674dQA1NRv-JSdkcqkhZOtvmTwNXIdm1mWRcJY5vdwNpgoBhw5Yo05wTkmf236127fYlMRVPrwLtZtHuxAvSRmTbw82UT_yLGGLtbDbWXGa0vCGNrf-eHv_gRlSuWbgoLLYZdxq0jxD4XY_HvONsMQZlMcOKlyZsrtT6orbqUQ0O-PyBbvVRpP=w825-h550-no

The noodles were not bad. They taste good when you first bite into them but I think it gets monotonous by the last bite. I think it needs additional ingredients to provide some more texture and flavor.

I'm clean and my hair is finally not a frizz mop:

XPMWEjnWtOlBTEWZJGcIC8xBH4QjFWf0u8uYh6tiu7VWmUbgBs6OBoRVxP1bZ-GR0Jo0rQUIRr6oIPZuvO4ySUPy-XqaN0sit8BtA0mJWixNQhEOkDCR35U_vWyxrOigz86CcHkEopc5y2TtFyIL31ItUnU1KEf9x7WMBlFVRuVqXH7_uRQHDrVfJh013HHN2RSt1D3uyLY__HwGgyi5VaZOEhZgu2KQWTgO8AkvtS-cz1OzPnrQkuZHe1Qzr0GDG4J0oFebkoAJcG8axFyp4MeKYnsUadaU2G5rd2aIDsV7FCVP0UMKxmiahRhSOEf3YAfAFqh69uXEPtNsGvjEJBL0jkPcXnAl1pHvjebaTTx4LBRTaOCMs2Sg4c_3q_hbulLaRYfX-IhpG6Gu_2vF0Y13uBzccm2DUq6daAw3L8t_zBorDFyNspE-H1uBUIqkzTDLVW_qemABd_cgHySrZzy6UBg68zWRME-rJyF0kuW_JGrAQ7urAJlE5OPU_hWebItAHmO0nNHm3l8Wy4fk6FuChSkOQmEYSZghz8szfePO6NmHss8EIvIMsUcwyeih6Di94TOtzdVugHpkbCjAin8EgjR-qLwlHjSyDAun=w825-h550-no

Of course we could not leave until our last Dole whip. This time Steve got a swirl. I am not a fan of the swirl as I am a dole whip float purist but I guess it was fine at that moment:

J09Ny86nFykhW8byw3PwdBQ06ognM30ErWYTT6DX42ENtGfYB9BnrvlN2gPG7wgRg6VlcOaLQbrTb_HbXVFks6_0aVyOEzm6JhRPMVNgk4IxCPbdFt9b3TJ07sG2S__dHtRANCLmuQOj3XLkh9lSm4gzaVuKB3cPIg6nKhDSH5Pr5BgOAla18qQH-I-khIxsuK7m4T3tVtakRnHqzOVGYO86I9iBd0UsDGOhPEeMfV97zfd6hwn0r_XwyRb7dY8uvBZ_QTzfXKnnlZZaRQnDzrh7EfS7sbXCN_jRhNjBk6Vrx6yp2ZVVlLJlfVW56KEZMuAb-vTt-nR9ugLed_2oJaod5ORUTAJqFKCU29hhdMpCIFRp4uJFncXno6DSkj4cRiiBJm6C88ikPTdWvcZfiMDS7inxorOUq-6Mirppqv7JpDSI55BMzyml95WmvtUL4Kyztk439lOCWE_TU0VsXtqjqc8TuElhgSw_EBIG8FR1nKcSo3UvSy5jKXedzyoZFYqmm6HHZqqWXgKQNB1toie7GqOy7pE9X3-qixc9qbqjNIZBOhkYAF20DSeciFXDM4rcbWguGtEAIA1KvJWLA_aZJAwrAbORJNOBGnTI=w825-h550-no

And here we are on Tragical Express:

swHgtgkBpW0Qk5hOVFH0kTjNl789usAgNf3_3-wxlt4BvDWaoUxVJpqJSfjIlOud48ys_nP2O68P-Ap9rqCINJZgwfk7LOc9XmhQWQgE2QcPNiciCI6qSXrOt4wZpyzM3IFDpj7bpA8oySvW_7KF-4I9gpoOaurK2BynhGQSRwK_nhfc0iqloCZ_EoBo8pK-biDB5X9KV796g7taKEeQoyWM0khFCCjR7x4_1hLFdG9iddx7SI1FvPMI6yt9EKbKRgGJ4pB6Gu9GSHzA6g9VShK73wfkBNikuZlceK73CYgaqLp-qkQZ6Ag3KV1Swz52PjK_vtkVfrCE6N9hvDnAIt1v_-heV3AFGWJVoN6XbKe11CL2MYFMxt7ZOGmtqciYHxIgr9WrGIIJ-PrAYTZIhPsymzdr9p-d5mx5f2n5Ka6yqNNlI0axqTngkXF1kZ9ornMRt00LvctHY-Lad6Pt4_rBg7bPdEqBgZe5EZqEz6gO2w7In45BRK7sBrfkQ-ar12b4P0MZi1CLOuDHy4DBSzixqdYCRbQ_dy21WWGLHeAssw_ZFcZfmjJsMnm_zUOmxEEg66cwUF1zuLnXNWJMJAPMuaPawW1i6ytFZp2b=w825-h619-no

Although it was not so tragic for us. We were back in WDW two weeks later for a short weekend stay for Food and Wine!! :cheer2:

My trip report for Sept and Oct/Nov is coming soon!

And with that said...this TRIP REPORT is OVER!!

THE END

Thank you for reading!! This was so much fun to re-live!
Sophie, Mimi, and Eva had the best of times. They were talking about the trip for months after.
Caylee not so much. I think Caylee liked certain aspects of the trip but she definitely was not down with the characters.
Bryan and Sienna were just there for the food....:laughing:
But really, we were all there for each other. :grouphug:

I hope we can do it again with my Ohana - although the older kids want to go back, the adults said maybe in a few years, LOL.

Wow I couldn't believe we'd been in Disney for so long! This was our 9th day and I think it was the longest trip we've had to date. Still felt like I needed another week though! :laughing:
Our vow renewal trip was 12 days long and I STILL didn't feel like I had enough time to do everything!! :) I need to just move there!

I knew she couldn't get a Flight of Passage FP+ so I was happy to save it for her. :)
Although Tracy's attempts at paying it forward didn't exactly turn out the way she thought it would. :lmao: You'll have to ask her about that!
That turned out pretty hilarious actually :)

Perfect shirt for this trip report :)

Loved the Chunky Family vacation!! Thanks for sharing it with us!! Can't wait to read about the next adventure :)

Day 9: The Last Morning

Boo!!!!! Last days are the worst!

This was our 9th day and I think it was the longest trip we've had to date.

Don't think I've stayed that long... Nope. I know it.

Still felt like I needed another week though!

::yes::

Bring a large laundry bag, like a lightweight drawstring one, and hang it in your room, and it'll fill up with all the clothes over the week. When you leave you can just put the whole bag as is in an empty suitcase.

That's what I do. Just a plastic bag or two, but same idea.

Our flight wasn't leaving until 4 pm so ME was going to pick us up at around 1pm in any case.

Me too!!

Wait.... why does your time say "PM"????

:rolleyes:

we were going to meet @Tracy161 again!

Yay!

Close scores!

She was also ordered around by some Stormtroopers.

"This is not the tourist you are looking for."

All I see are smiles for miles.

We also gave Tracy our stash of Anytime FPs we had for Epcot,

Nice!

a RIDER SWAP PASS for FLIGHT OF PASSAGE.

:eek:

Note to self. Try to meet Su-Lynn on her last day in the park...

Hoping she'll write about it. :)

I'm clean and my hair is finally not a frizz mop:

Of course we could not leave until our last Dole whip. This time Steve got a swirl. I am not a fan of the swirl as I am a dole whip float purist but I guess it was fine at that moment:

Last Dole Whip (despite the incorrect type).... I like that idea! Maybe I'll quickly run to MK just before I leave next time... whenever that is.

And here we are on Tragical Express:

swHgtgkBpW0Qk5hOVFH0kTjNl789usAgNf3_3-wxlt4BvDWaoUxVJpqJSfjIlOud48ys_nP2O68P-Ap9rqCINJZgwfk7LOc9XmhQWQgE2QcPNiciCI6qSXrOt4wZpyzM3IFDpj7bpA8oySvW_7KF-4I9gpoOaurK2BynhGQSRwK_nhfc0iqloCZ_EoBo8pK-biDB5X9KV796g7taKEeQoyWM0khFCCjR7x4_1hLFdG9iddx7SI1FvPMI6yt9EKbKRgGJ4pB6Gu9GSHzA6g9VShK73wfkBNikuZlceK73CYgaqLp-qkQZ6Ag3KV1Swz52PjK_vtkVfrCE6N9hvDnAIt1v_-heV3AFGWJVoN6XbKe11CL2MYFMxt7ZOGmtqciYHxIgr9WrGIIJ-PrAYTZIhPsymzdr9p-d5mx5f2n5Ka6yqNNlI0axqTngkXF1kZ9ornMRt00LvctHY-Lad6Pt4_rBg7bPdEqBgZe5EZqEz6gO2w7In45BRK7sBrfkQ-ar12b4P0MZi1CLOuDHy4DBSzixqdYCRbQ_dy21WWGLHeAssw_ZFcZfmjJsMnm_zUOmxEEg66cwUF1zuLnXNWJMJAPMuaPawW1i6ytFZp2b=w825-h619-no

Why are you smiling?!?!?!?

Although it was not so tragic for us. We were back in WDW two weeks later for a short weekend stay for Food and Wine!! :cheer2:

:laughing: Asked and answered.

Thanks so much for taking the time to right about your epic trip! :)

Trip Epilogue and Large Group Planning Tips

Wow can't believe the trip report is over! It was a really really fun exhausting trip and an extremely rewarding one as well. I loved seeing the expressions on the kids faces. I loved seeing their awed faces when meeting the princesses. I loved taking Eva on her first theme park ride. I even enjoyed Caylee's side eye. We saw sides of the kids we didn't know existed. We had no idea Eva would love princesses as much as she did. We also had no idea she disliked Goofy! We saw how independent Sophie and Mimi had become - they definitely caught the Disney spirit, especially Sophie who, at almost 10 years old, was at that age where she could fully appreciate the magic and it's not just about the rides, parades, and food. Bryan became the little sports star with his Mickey basketball (watch out LeBron), and Sienna - well, she was everyone's little princess and we discovered that she pretty much loves to eat anything! :)

Since I usually travel with just Steve or Chunkysis (or both), it's always just been us adults at Disney. Here are some things I learned when planning for a trip with a large party including kids:

ADRS:
1) I made sure we were all booked at a Disney resort by 180 days out - although I think only I had to be booked in order to make ADRs for everyone, I didn't want to run into any difficulty so I made them all book the resort and sign up for an MDE account and made sure everyone's confirmation number was entered etc.
2) I linked everyone to my MDE account. I had to link to the adults and through them I linked to the kids. It took a while to figure it out but once it was done, it made everything so easy.
3)I googled and found websites which show the maximum number of people in a party you can book in all the different Disney restaurants. I found it to be helpful but either way I was prepared to call Disney Dining if I couldn't get what I wanted online.
4) On the 180 day mark, I started with our most desirable meals first - 'Ohana, Cinderella's Royal Table, and Be Our Guest. Then I did the other meals that I would not feel too torn about if we didn't get. However, I managed to get everything I wanted! :)
5) The following ADR had to be booked by calling Disney Dining: Cinderella's Royal Table - they split us into two parties but they assured us we could be seated in the same area. I had to pay upfront for this.
6) The following ADR I had to split into two different parties: Yachtsman Steakhouse, I had Steve book the 2nd reservation. For Garden Grill I had to split it up into 3 separate ADRs each 5 minutes apart but luckily they sat us all together on a large table at the same time. Just go up to the front desk when checking in and let them know.

Once ADRs were made a good chunk of the planning was done! Whew!

FP+:
1) So I struggled to figure out how to make FP+ between the kids and the adults. In the end I just decided to make FP for things the adults would do since there was a small chance the kids wouldn't even want to do any rides. I think everyone was happy with the rides I picked. (Although we never made it on Test Track!).
2) I measured the kids in the months leading up to the trip to figure out if they could actually go on some of the rides! Eva was always at the cusp so it was cool when she did make the cut off for most rides, although she's probably still traumatized from me taking her on 7DMT.
3) I made almost all the FP+ for the morning beginning at around 10am. That would leave us the opening hour to do some stuff on standby or to sleep in, and we were done with the FP+ usually at around 1-2pm. Then I'd secure more FP+ for that day for those that needed it. I found that worked the best for us as by the late afternoon all the young kids were tired and done.

Once FP+ were made, it really was just a waiting game!

At the parks:
1) I never knew how crazy stroller parking is, but sometimes you have to park your stroller far from a particular ride, or you'll leave it there for a few hours and then have to send someone back to get it. Always remember to put the rain cover on the stroller in the summer as you never know when there's gonna be a downpour!
2) My knowledge of park bathroom locations has never been more handy.
3) Midday breaks were invaluable for the kids (and adults!) especially with the heat. I think in the beginning of the trip they were all so appreciative of this. In lieu of returning to the resort, a nice long lunch in an air-conditioned space (a la Tiffins) or a trip to Disney Springs seemed to work well too.
4) Bring your ID. Even if you have no wallet and only your band. Especially if you intend to drink!
5) Be prepared to change things on the fly, including cancelling ADRs, and FP+, even BBB. I had to cancel our Star Wars dessert party because I realized the kids were not going to last past 8pm and also the adults were not too keen on letting them have so much sugar before bed time, haha. I cancelled this more than 24 hours ahead of time to avoid any penalties.
6) It's ok to split up and then meet back up at meals. I think this provided a bit of sanity for everyone!
7) Give clear instructions on meeting points and times and even methods of transport when splitting up. When we went to Yachtsman Steakhouse, that was the non-park day for everyone else, so I had to make sure they did NOT enter a park in order to get from the Poly to the Yacht club otherwise they would be using a day on their park hopper for no reason. I told them to go to Disney Springs and switch to another bus or go to MK and grab a bus from there. Or take an Uber or Minnie Van.
8) Rider Swap is awesome!! I wish we used this in the beginning of the trip so that we'd get more passes for stuff like Mine Train and BTMRR, but we weren't yet in the mode of getting them and I wasn't used to it so I forgot! But that was soon rectified by the time we went on Flight of Passage!
9) Set realistic expectations for the weather in summer. I told everyone how HOT it was going to be. I told them to think of the hottest day and then add on 99% humidity and sudden thunderstorms. I seemed to hammer it into their brain that it was going to be the worse weather they will experience, and then after it all, my brother in law Kevin said: "Well, it wasn't so bad because I expected the worse." Also prep with misters, fans, microfiber and cooling towels, stroller fans, hats, etc. Any little thing to keep the heat a little bit at bay will help.
10) Have a great time and don't feel bad if you don't do everything on the "schedule" - hopefully there will be a next time!!

Here's a little best of list from my point of view on this trip:
1) Best ADR experience: 'Ohana! Just everything about this meal was so much fun. The food was great, and it wasn't insanely expensive. Both breakfast and dinner were a hit and we were all relaxed and calm because it was a stone's throw away from our rooms.
2) Best ADR food: I think everyone loved 'Ohana but everyone raved about the food and service at Yachtsman. They were surprised that fine dining, even with kids, was still ok because it was at Disney!
3) Best ride: Flight of Passage!
4) Best discovery: Rider swap! OK now to borrow that baby...
5) Best moment of the trip: There were so many! But my favorite had to be Eva, so nonchalantly telling me over dinner at Tusker House, how she was having a "really great time" despite the fact I made her go on 7DMT! My heart just melted. I also really enjoyed the kids faces during their Pick a Pearl moment. #coolauntforever

Thanks everyone for reading! I'll send out a link to the new TR once I've started it! Aloha!

Hmmmm, I'm intrigued, @Tracy161!

I hope we can do it again with my Ohana - although the older kids want to go back, the adults said maybe in a few years, LOL.

:laughing: A little recovery time may be in order! Maybe something a little less hectic in between, and WDW again when everyone is ready. :goodvibes

I can't believe this TR is over! You put so much work into this vacation for your whole big ohana, and it all paid off!! Thanks for sharing it with us. :goodvibes

Also this:

I seemed to hammer it into their brain that it was going to be the worse weather they will experience, and then after it all, my brother in law Kevin said: "Well, it wasn't so bad because I expected the worse."

This is so real to me! August heat in Florida plus humidity...BRUTAL. But, I had prepared myself for it to be the absolute most miserable weather of my life akin to walking on the surface of the sun, and so it actually wasn't as bad as I was expecting only because I had built it up so much in my head.

Great trip report as always!!!!

Even though we did laundry once, we still left with a ton of laundry to do!
I don't understand people doing laundry in Disney! It's the last thing I want to do while there.

J09Ny86nFykhW8byw3PwdBQ06ognM30ErWYTT6DX42ENtGfYB9BnrvlN2gPG7wgRg6VlcOaLQbrTb_HbXVFks6_0aVyOEzm6JhRPMVNgk4IxCPbdFt9b3TJ07sG2S__dHtRANCLmuQOj3XLkh9lSm4gzaVuKB3cPIg6nKhDSH5Pr5BgOAla18qQH-I-khIxsuK7m4T3tVtakRnHqzOVGYO86I9iBd0UsDGOhPEeMfV97zfd6hwn0r_XwyRb7dY8uvBZ_QTzfXKnnlZZaRQnDzrh7EfS7sbXCN_jRhNjBk6Vrx6yp2ZVVlLJlfVW56KEZMuAb-vTt-nR9ugLed_2oJaod5ORUTAJqFKCU29hhdMpCIFRp4uJFncXno6DSkj4cRiiBJm6C88ikPTdWvcZfiMDS7inxorOUq-6Mirppqv7JpDSI55BMzyml95WmvtUL4Kyztk439lOCWE_TU0VsXtqjqc8TuElhgSw_EBIG8FR1nKcSo3UvSy5jKXedzyoZFYqmm6HHZqqWXgKQNB1toie7GqOy7pE9X3-qixc9qbqjNIZBOhkYAF20DSeciFXDM4rcbWguGtEAIA1KvJWLA_aZJAwrAbORJNOBGnTI=w825-h550-no
What is up with the cup? That should be outlawed! But amazing that you could get one last dole whip!!!

4) Bring your ID. Even if you have no wallet and only your band. Especially if you intend to drink!
I always remember to bring my ID now! I used to forget it, which is easy to do with magic bands.

1) I never knew how crazy stroller parking is, but sometimes you have to park your stroller far from a particular ride, or you'll leave it there for a few hours and then have to send someone back to get it. Always remember to put the rain cover on the stroller in the summer as you never know when there's gonna be a downpour!
Stoller Parking is no joke! I miss having somewhere to put our stuff but I don't miss searching everywhere for it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter