'OHANA means CHUNKY! An Aug 2017 Family TR THE END 4/26 - The Last Day and Trip Epilogue!

Our family get-together was a little smaller this year because everyone is sick including Steve!

UGH! I hope you managed to stay well!

We were part of the Lion section which I had never been in before. We seem to get warthog a lot, LOL.

Cool! the only time we've been in the Lion section was when we squeaked in at the last minute, so I think that must have something to do with it! We're usually giraffes, which doesn't hurt my feelings any, but the giraffe sound is kind of lame.

After the show we met up with @KathyM2 and got a few pictures! We still had some time before our FP+ for Flight of Passage so I think we all split up again, think the twins took the kids to shop while we went to take pictures as Kathy and her DD Alexis were headed out of the park.

gzH54dWFRtV8uithEhs9XHQJfaYNB_PbNZ7xqOy9Kz1lAJQ7AEyP9axMRrPlENyLD-OdKFl57Opl_I4AFdozOPguDuU2F4vU80M1kb2RiT_Zkv6p_UbkDoXGBB3UNmPtidZjtynmoEBhP_aAIHzTDtv79r3tlGHD3dbJ68HmYHeY4kMe3Ufqx8xd8g49k8tD-TGEeOK9EY6q3_ZvF_xILw26dVx_rx5bpBpEeryphKp1BArLZL7AtcFpD_vVHXVqDtaV9DBS9q7ILJAExuqAIpLw7O8Rpd8T5zSojzt0mR6WkGXCxWvS_Do8Y3vXO_MVb2fXyT_Ai4DS2MTkA032L9xUEZeilvuCBww_TYcJrixdiQQ6dsEsseXb01Jt7qxDE61gpZtrsmrddQiSmP0SmKnpommHAbnOrsMxAP9_3S7ykfHZVL0HwZxW4vNfWR1oNqvLtAv6zAYqpE_cy8aSGLX_SuNzik9oJr0QJg71f1m0Or_VF0OmKMa7_5XOXnY6CFTdQtnbyVWGV6u9CPqW2kQSMREJLq67Euayc3xUymAWSUx0MMmMRykF-qg61_wDW6KOvBFs5URwOlPltFOhCa6dvqKReQKR5YphSjIXGDI=w825-h619-no

Awesome! Nice pictures!

It was a fun afternoon @KathyM2! Glad we got to spend more time together!

I'm sad I missed out on meeting @KathyM2! Looks like you have another nice time together. And Kathy's DD seems like she was a trooper for happily meeting all these strangers on vacation!

I headed in solo apparently, as I got a PP picture by myself:

kgeb24Uu2BsDleHWnqtbx39yAk3YDm43uKpEBFQA6CaPK6Ss7BqDD0kaEl0HEIjkE0q1OwZgF44hN9MWeGwkM95zb52ErY2W6OWnCM-pNOPDJ98ynacoLGLVesduRBxzldofWMTcRApzA212AUg8BkX18FVHBD5XGqGvE1ew1HYFxdmCIx7-GaXbuACEP7wbjlynI82zij8IcxrZVVpMEJk6_piOqlwDVWn2DiePhuW1sa5yTCaZfcb57Ph2kB-eQsy9K8stdWicpfbzATPm3SpRpt4cFMU_sbwIzGp3465YhdSEhY3yu_NEorZTyIDwfMf11AEXwG2wQBmzU8twe5gOwi1E_mOcVBZEr5_nWQu26w4ZT_2QmZW6dDjHUy7X0-GGJsOAa3Est5vs3ETL5SPrZRVHoxpayKJhndi787jN6DIFA2Db8H0VceMfuNUQ8ZEIqc5tngS4-2lpJdco4S3cAfGLCJgGhAbfKvMj4zI2ieCAgTpiwEYAqAjZ6qql7yWbzu0Hf-h9V_AAOX20eXFF4YFpGbpaVx_PencD_5UHlkfAHaYi4LIrpMeStPE7YfEzMR0tZZANG1-gjnkg_S45Hnho3LyN8dnoPREaTLU=w825-h550-no

Nice picture!

Now this is how to ride FoP more than once a day!!
1) Borrow a baby
2) Get rider swap
3) Enjoy FoP again!

Oooooh, good hack! Now I just need to start stealing babies...

They LOVED the ride, as I knew everyone would. We sat on the bottom row which wasn't ideal but you can ask to sit in a higher row if you wish. I just felt the bottom row was more motion-sickness inducing than other rows, just my opinion.

Oh, that's a good tip. How do you know which row you're in or when can you request it, etc? I haven't decided whether I want to try this again or not because it was a terrible experience for me the first time, but I think we were on the bottom. And since I couldn't get FP for my mom and Nathan for our upcoming trip, I've been toying with the idea of giving it another try with DAS if I'm feeling up to it, and letting them come along with me. We'll see...

3w2GC97KR2n6B8b0HWAM8XzPzozkTJHNACpw7Fad3ajzWArZQlj1sLuCnA_awZpuxlhHTcgjiHYC5JU1LfhbB3xnqVsM_xYPNXmbVAsnJkeZ3yesZCNepWRxq94Y2VFlHZDIAY5XEVHkz4-UHsqIqPtNdUFd7O78859CA9weCPgIsT_1jcGllNWE8osckYzEZTyij9SJvfgzl-oLZIQjQIeiVeox_OhrB79jm-kUnIA7qwI-vBZ69hh3_2MN2S2YTbn4kAleB1sCtjeGYLc9JaPurfno4u0CYqIfmPWCMRLe8g6PdtOH5jBM-3mKBpEIU-VyZss67uxZpv0IhI8Py-qwkXW0y7Z82AkZhZNC2o_XNKXysf7JKRPH_PBM0ddCwFbXI7a_oCYVJRn3EOus220n3j4IOJv1b-iIRADxNLSlGCtT1y6sKzo9tcw3BWRRn5D3ExUaZqQkfBnfGxPU3Gt2S8heYl1E3kVCW2tYFpFd5ZQnkuMHkbt9tIvJ9Nvea8iCb5-FWdKPZ7fr9HKNmPrqduDrPfxaKjhSsmCgmchjirMTo-8KJ0Fnt8YsaTiG4c7kxnWgWnIgOvqyrIzNYJohGmwADdOOwke5XnjZesE=w825-h619-no

The verdict on the cheeseburger pods: Tastes just like a mcdonalds cheeseburger but in bun form! Also I felt this pod I had was much tastier than the one I had in May. Maybe they took our advice and put more cheese inside the filling? :)

Neat! I remember you saying they could be improved your last time, so nice that they obviously valued your advice! :P I should get N to try these. I think he'd love them.

I am loving this trip report. I have 3 sisters too and we are all heading to WDW with our parents, kids, and spouses (8 adults, 4 kids!) in March and can't wait.

Question about the Rider Swap....if we have 3 kids who are too small to ride, will we be able to get 2 or 3 rider swap passes, or will they give us grief and just want to give 1 pass for the whole group?

Thanks - love your writing and your trip looks so much fun!!

1) Borrow a baby
2) Get rider swap
3) Enjoy FoP again!

Is this tip applicable to babies in your family or just random children you find in the park?? :D:D

When I was a teenager my family went to an amusement park in Ohio (Kings Island). My dad was in a wheelchair and for the water rides, he was able to go in the super quick handicapped entrance and we would be able to bypass the hour long ride that everyone else was waiting in. I remember very vividly that someone offered him money to use him to get into the handicapped entrance. He said no, but was tempted!

Just got back from 10 magical days at the BC. I’m riding back from the airport so what do I do ... get on the DIS of course :rotfl:

Haha priorities, right? Hope you had a magical time!

Hope you and your family had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I’m glad they liked FOP we sure did. It was everything everyone had said and more. We can’t wait till March to ride it again.

Thank you we sure did despite our illnesses. Hope thanksgiving in WDW was amazing!
So happy you enjoyed FoP! I can't wait to ride it again...in less than 3 weeks!

Great day at AK lot's of FOP awesomness. Love all the pics.

Thank you! It was a pretty awesome day!

Wha?????

NO ONE TOLD ME THIS!!!! <stomps foot>

What! You've been on the DIS for how long and did not know about this?!?!
Actually I only just found out about it a few months ago, LOL.
Tambu Lounge is where you want to be. :)

How's life in a hazmat suit?

Stiffling.

We are going to own Disney!

Yes!! Soon adults will want air-conditioned strollers/scooters so we'll have to jump on that. We're gonna turn Disney into that scene in WALL-E where everyone's in their own hovercraft.

Emphasis on "poor".

yes POOR. :sad:

You'd think it would taste differently coming from another planet and all.

Pandorian cheese is just like our cheese! Amazing!

UGH! I hope you managed to stay well!

I'm surviving...for now! Thanks!

Cool! the only time we've been in the Lion section was when we squeaked in at the last minute, so I think that must have something to do with it! We're usually giraffes, which doesn't hurt my feelings any, but the giraffe sound is kind of lame.

It is! Who would have thought a giraffe sounds like a sheep?

I'm sad I missed out on meeting @KathyM2! Looks like you have another nice time together. And Kathy's DD seems like she was a trooper for happily meeting all these strangers on vacation!

It was fun! And Alexis is a sweetheart. Hopefully she didn't think I was a weirdo! She seemed to be having a great time! They both were!

Oooooh, good hack! Now I just need to start stealing babies...

Haha borrow, not steal. :rotfl: although for a price I'm sure some can be bought...

Oh, that's a good tip. How do you know which row you're in or when can you request it, etc? I haven't decided whether I want to try this again or not because it was a terrible experience for me the first time, but I think we were on the bottom. And since I couldn't get FP for my mom and Nathan for our upcoming trip, I've been toying with the idea of giving it another try with DAS if I'm feeling up to it, and letting them come along with me. We'll see...

When you get to the interior checkpoint and you either head to a ramp going up or going down. If you're going down I think you'll be in the bottom two rows and I think if you're on the up ramp you're on the top two. As long as you're not on the very bottom it's fine. This is what I think happens based on the rides I've been on!

Neat! I remember you saying they could be improved your last time, so nice that they obviously valued your advice! :P I should get N to try these. I think he'd love them.

If he likes Mcdonalds then he'll like these.
Hopefully Disney is reading my TRs, LOL! If you're reading this Disney, please bring back Express Bus Transport!

I am loving this trip report. I have 3 sisters too and we are all heading to WDW with our parents, kids, and spouses (8 adults, 4 kids!) in March and can't wait.

Thank you!!
Oh awesome! You'll have a splendid time!!

Question about the Rider Swap....if we have 3 kids who are too small to ride, will we be able to get 2 or 3 rider swap passes, or will they give us grief and just want to give 1 pass for the whole group?

Just split the kids up so that a party of 2 adults is holding one kid and you will be able to get one rider swap per party, so you should be able to get 3. :)

Thanks - love your writing and your trip looks so much fun!!

Thank you so much for reading!!

Is this tip applicable to babies in your family or just random children you find in the park?? :D:D

Ideally it'll be part of your family, but if someone is willing to rent out their baby for a price, I can't say it won't be worth it to get out of the 3 hour wait...:laughing::laughing::laughing:

When I was a teenager my family went to an amusement park in Ohio (Kings Island). My dad was in a wheelchair and for the water rides, he was able to go in the super quick handicapped entrance and we would be able to bypass the hour long ride that everyone else was waiting in. I remember very vividly that someone offered him money to use him to get into the handicapped entrance. He said no, but was tempted!

Haha my point exactly!! Hey @pkondz, we have another business venture here. Renting babies for rider swap! In an air-conditioned stroller of course.

What! You've been on the DIS for how long and did not know about this?!?!
Actually I only just found out about it a few months ago, LOL.
Tambu Lounge is where you want to be. :)

Now you tell me! Where were you one week ago??????

Stiffling.

Yet germ free!

Yes!! Soon adults will want air-conditioned strollers/scooters so we'll have to jump on that. We're gonna turn Disney into that scene in WALL-E where everyone's in their own hovercraft.

I'm strangely okay with that.

Pandorian cheese is just like our cheese! Amazing!

And yet their "cows" are so different!

Haha my point exactly!! Hey @pkondz, we have another business venture here. Renting babies for rider swap! In an air-conditioned stroller of course.

::yes::

Haha borrow, not steal. :rotfl: although for a price I'm sure some can be bought...

:laughing: Though...I laugh, but it was astounding how many people on our honeymoon heard that we were newly married, and then asked us if we wanted to take their children!! Like, I expected those uncalled-for comments about when we'd start having kids, but I didn't expect complete strangers to force their own children on us! Like, this happened more than once!

When you get to the interior checkpoint and you either head to a ramp going up or going down. If you're going down I think you'll be in the bottom two rows and I think if you're on the up ramp you're on the top two. As long as you're not on the very bottom it's fine. This is what I think happens based on the rides I've been on!

Oh, good to know! If I try it again I'll have to keep an eye on this.

Hopefully Disney is reading my TRs, LOL! If you're reading this Disney, please bring back Express Bus Transport!

:rotfl2: Yes!!

You definitely have your FoP riding down to a science!! Way to go :) Love the pic of you guys zipping through the FP line with what I assume is the standby line crawling behind you!

That drink looks amazing...and sweet. Not sure I could drink a whole one but must have the adorable picture posing with it, so I'm sure I'll buy one anyway LOL

I hope everyone is feeling better. That's a lousy way to spend Thanksgiving.

I knew all those kiddos would come in handy. Yay for two rides of FoP!

I hope you found Caylee's toy. I hate when I hold off buying something and then can't find it later.

Chunky safari!
I've been MIA but have found my way back :goodvibes You are the only other person I've come across who has gotten the departing chocolate at Tiffins! Ours was different than yours, it was dark chocolate. Just two more things to love about that place, they give you chocolate AND it's not all the same!

Your 'Ohana meal not only looks fun but good, and I wasn't in love with the food either time we've eaten there. Maybe I Should give it another try in March........ also need to locate some babies to borrow for our AK days :laughing:

@KathyM2 and I were texting and she was going to wait on standby and while we were in the FP line and hopefully we got to be in the same show, and it turns out we were, even sitting in the same section!

This was so awesome! So fun to see you again. Also loved the FOTLK show as usual!

It was a fun afternoon @KathyM2! Glad we got to spend more time together!

So much fun!! I can't remember if I got these PP pics off you but would you mind emailing or texting them to me?? I would love to put them in my album that I make every year :)) Ideally the one of us all in the frame and the one with the magic shot and any others would be awesome :))

Now you tell me! Where were you one week ago??????

Not at Disney. :sad:

Yet germ free!

Don't jinx me!! But so far I am ok! :thumbsup2

I'm strangely okay with that.

Me too. I am secretely hoping adult onesies will be in at some point. And hovercrafts would be invented.

Nice report

Thank you!

:laughing: Though...I laugh, but it was astounding how many people on our honeymoon heard that we were newly married, and then asked us if we wanted to take their children!! Like, I expected those uncalled-for comments about when we'd start having kids, but I didn't expect complete strangers to force their own children on us! Like, this happened more than once!

Haha I get that a lot too!

Oh, good to know! If I try it again I'll have to keep an eye on this.

We just figured that out over multiple trips, haha.

You definitely have your FoP riding down to a science!! Way to go :) Love the pic of you guys zipping through the FP line with what I assume is the standby line crawling behind you!

Yes, the poor hot souls waiting in the heat. I was so thankful for FP!!!

That drink looks amazing...and sweet. Not sure I could drink a whole one but must have the adorable picture posing with it, so I'm sure I'll buy one anyway LOL

It is pretty good but very sweet. But when it's that hot you don't really notice it and the drink is gone so quickly!

I hope everyone is feeling better. That's a lousy way to spend Thanksgiving.

Everyone seems better thank you!

I knew all those kiddos would come in handy. Yay for two rides of FoP!

They had to be good for something other than bathroom breaks, right? :rotfl:

I hope you found Caylee's toy. I hate when I hold off buying something and then can't find it later.

Haha finding that toy...that is a story for my next post. :eek:

Chunky safari!

Yes! You coined the term and now it's stuck!

I've been MIA but have found my way back :goodvibes You are the only other person I've come across who has gotten the departing chocolate at Tiffins! Ours was different than yours, it was dark chocolate. Just two more things to love about that place, they give you chocolate AND it's not all the same!

I guess they only give it out to their best customers? We seriously have eaten there about 5 times this year. And one more time in December!!! :woohoo:

Your 'Ohana meal not only looks fun but good, and I wasn't in love with the food either time we've eaten there. Maybe I Should give it another try in March........ also need to locate some babies to borrow for our AK days :laughing:

It was really good on that day. I've been before where the food has been only ok...like too cold by the time it gets to you. But I'm glad it was a good day for my family!

Catching up on one of my favorite TRs! I have been behind. Such a fun day!!!

Thank you!!! It was a great day so far!!

This was so awesome! So fun to see you again. Also loved the FOTLK show as usual!

It's my favorite "theater" show at Disney!!

So much fun!! I can't remember if I got these PP pics off you but would you mind emailing or texting them to me?? I would love to put them in my album that I make every year :)) Ideally the one of us all in the frame and the one with the magic shot and any others would be awesome :))

I will definitely email or text them to you!!

I'm glad you all enjoyed FOTLK. That's one I only do now with folks who haven't seen it before. I like it well enough, but not enough to make the "every trip list".

I looked at that boba drink but besides being sweet, I saw the word coconut and said, "blech!" Good thing you had help finishing it!

I didn't realize that there were multiple levels riding in the same screen. I got top level the first time and bottom on the second. I was happy not to have to do as many stairs! And you guys used those babies well!

Nice pictures with KathyM2!

You're not selling me on those cheeseburger pods. IF and that's a big "if" I go to McDonald's I order cheeseburgers without ketchup and mustard. I doubt I would like those!

Just catching up here since I got lost a few pages back!

Awesome that you got so many rides on FoP! That rider swap confuses me and I never used it when my kids were little…maybe it wasn't even an option the :confused3

That express bus sounds amazing…a small part of me is still hoping they bring it back before April :wizard:

I love your "borrow a baby" advice. I wonder if I will be able to find some strangers who wouldn't mind lending me their baby for a few minutes...? :jester:

Our family get-together was a little smaller this year because everyone is sick including Steve! I
Yeah, what's up with that?! Everyone was sick in my family, too! Oh, and I ended up getting the stomach bug after Thanksgiving #2. I'm so glad Thanksgiving food only comes around once a year... it's gonna take me that long to want it again! :laughing:

After the show we met up with @KathyM2 and got a few pictures!
Yay! Great pictures, too! :thumbsup2

1) Borrow a baby
2) Get rider swap
3) Enjoy FoP again!
:rotfl2:

I went out to get myself a drink and came back with a Night Blossom which I gladly shared with the girls as it's a pretty sweet drink!
I totally forgot to get this in August. Must make up for it next month! ::yes::

I love your "borrow a baby" advice. I wonder if I will be able to find some strangers who wouldn't mind lending me their baby for a few minutes...? :jester:

Look for the criers. Either the parents or the kid.
They can't wait to foist their little bundle of joy off on someone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!