Ohana heads on shrimp?

Just_Joe1087

Earning My Ears
Our last trip in November my Fiancee and I had Ohana booked on our last day, but after a bad BOG experience the day before (California Grill & Le Cellier were great) we decided to cancel and eat around the world instead at Festival of the Holidays. One of the reasons my fiancee didn't want to eat there is after seeing a dining review on youtube the shrimp still had the heads on. I've seen other pics and reviews, and don't recall ever seeing the heads on the shrimp. Was this possibly a one time thing? Or do the shrimp in fact still have the heads on them? I want to try to convince my fiancee to go to Ohana, but as silly as it might sound, the shrimp still having the heads on won't help my case lol. Can anyone please clarify? Our next trip starts December 1st!

They are peel-n-eat, but I don't think they have heads attached. Here's a picture in a review from 2010 showing what they look like. (And they did look like this in September '18.)

I didn't eat them because I don't eat seafood, so you can just request that they don't bring the shrimp to your table altogether so you don't have to look at them or eat them at all. The steak, chicken, noodles, dumplings, and bread pudding are more than enough. Nobody at my table was interested in shrimp, so we just said we didn't want any, so they didn't bring it over.

The heads have never been on the shrimp when we've eaten there. Maybe whatever he saw used stock footage instead of actual footage?

Are they still serving shrimp that has not been deveined? THAT is nasty. Or have they switched to easy-peel shrimp? Those are shell-on but split down the back and deveined. You can also devein shrimp that is fully shell-on, but it is a hassle unless they're extra-large or bigger.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!