Ohana Dinner time

danielocha30

DIS Veteran
I got a 8:40 pm dinner for the day after Thanksgiving, fireworks are scheduled for 9pm. Those who already have been there... will I be seated on time for the show? I know Ohana is famous for not being on time and to be honest who’s going to leave right before showtime? Advise welcome.
Never had dinner at Ohana and 8:40pm looks like a premium time but I have no clue.

We had a 7:45 or 8:45 - I honestly can't remember, but I do remember that we were seated on time. I paid attention because I read here about all the times people were seated late. :)

Unfortunately there is no guarantee you will be seated by 9, and if you were, whether your table will have a view.

There are some common seating areas outside the restaurant where people are waiting to be called in, but I can’t recall if they would have a view of the fireworks.

Hoping it all works out for you.

Last edited:

Unfortunately there is no guarantee you will be seated by 9, and if you were, whether your table will have a view.

There are some common seating areas outside the restaurant where people are waiting to be called in, but I can’t recall if they would have a view of the fireworks.

Hoping it all works out for you.

I don't remember any view from the waiting area.

We ate there two weeks ago and had an 8:40 ADR as well. We checked in around 7:50 because we got there early. We were a party of two and were seated immediately. After checking in, I went to sit down in the lounge area and pulled out my phone and I already had the text that the table was ready. So if you're a smaller party, I think its easier to be seated on time without much of a wait.

We had an 8:45 PM ADR on a Thursday or Friday (July 5th or 6th) and were seated w/i 15 minutes. Saw the fireworks just fine.
Seems like the long lines and waits are more a feature of the earlier dining hours. There are also way less toddlers and infants at that time of the evening since many parents try to feed them earlier. We were seated 4 or 5 rows in from the window seats on the left side of the restaurant and saw the fireworks just fine.

Thank you all for your answers, I’m aware of the zero guarantees of getting a window seat. I’ve been at Ohana for breakfast and being a group of 5 there are many big tables by the window. Will cross my fingers. Fireworks being at 10pm is a relief already.

Thank you all for your answers, I’m aware of the zero guarantees of getting a window seat. I’ve been at Ohana for breakfast and being a group of 5 there are many big tables by the window. Will cross my fingers. Fireworks being at 10pm is a relief already.
Just a heads up: if you are staying at Poly, you don't have to stress about making reservations @ 'Ohana; same meal (minus the ice cream) is served via room service. We've eaten 'Ohana's dinner several times w/o stepping foot in the restaurant until last summer.

I am REALLY happy to read all these postings about being seated on time. After three times in a row when they made us wait over an hour, seated in a very crowded waiting area, we just gave up. That was zero fun for the family, especially the kids. Then I read the menu went south. We love the Poly, and have been eating at Kona for the past few years, generally though not at dinner time.

Anyway, Maybe we'll give it another try. If they can fix the wait time and restore the menu to the good old days, it can again be a pleasure to eat there. For years our habit was to eat dinner there the night before we left for a cruise, and we miss the good times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!