Oh the Movie Never Ends---Sept 2017 PTR-Trip Canceled-Done

September buddies! :rockband:
We're still trying to decide our plan of attack for meals, as soon as we are like "ok this is it!" My mind goes,"..Oh, but what about..." and we start all over.

There are a lot of us September folks! Yay! :flower1:

I know! Picking restaurants can be so hard no matter how many or how few you may have. We change our minds a million times before we get there and even then I'm pretty notorious for changing ADRS while we're on property. . . :rolleyes1

Speaking of changing restaurants, I went over my planned restaurants with my oldest. My youngest was not interested. Most of them got the go ahead, but he vetoed Cape May for breakfast. He really would rather Raglan Road for dinner. So, that was changed. I have had Biergarten on my list every single trip, but that one could also be the weakest link in the plan. I am not sure if we will be on meat overload by that point.

I am trying not to plan much entertainment, until closer to the trip. Hopefully the hours are released by then. Animal Kingdom is scheduled open until 10 pm in July, but August it closes at 7 pm. I can't imagine their new nighttime show will look all that great when it is still daylight out. So, I am telling myself that can't possibly be the real hours. I really do want to see the new nighttime show, but not enough to book the meal at Tusker House or Tiffins. I will take my chances on getting a fastpass.

Speaking of changing restaurants, I went over my planned restaurants with my oldest. My youngest was not interested. Most of them got the go ahead, but he vetoed Cape May for breakfast. He really would rather Raglan Road for dinner. So, that was changed. I have had Biergarten on my list every single trip, but that one could also be the weakest link in the plan. I am not sure if we will be on meat overload by that point.

I am trying not to plan much entertainment, until closer to the trip. Hopefully the hours are released by then. Animal Kingdom is scheduled open until 10 pm in July, but August it closes at 7 pm. I can't imagine their new nighttime show will look all that great when it is still daylight out. So, I am telling myself that can't possibly be the real hours. I really do want to see the new nighttime show, but not enough to book the meal at Tusker House or Tiffins. I will take my chances on getting a fastpass.

Raglan Road can be so much fun, though! I think they do live music on Saturday nights. They have great shareable appetizers, too, that everyone can snack on. If you've never tried Biergarten, you may enjoy it. They also have live entertainment.

I hope Animal Kingdom stays open later. It's just so hot in the day time since it offers so little for shade and air conditioning. Fingers crossed for fastpasses!

Happy (Almost) Valentine's Day!!!!!

Eeyore Valentine.jpg

Have I ever mentioned how much I love Eeyore? He was one of my first "favorite" characters growing up. My mom gave me this sweet little singing Eeyore that sang "Good day to you how nice of you to notice me. Looks like rain, wait and see, probably rain all over me. Guess that's just the way it's gotta be here in my gloomy place." Bless him.

*Warning* Mushy Lovey Stuff Ahead

My husband has always been so sweet and thoughtful, even way back when we first met nearly 12 years ago. He always gets me useful gifts like coffee cups and coffee to take to work, electric hand pockets to keep my hands (and our ferret) warm, a box of my favorite Girl Scout cookies (Tag-a-longs for the win!), and he brings me coffee to work almost every Tuesday. He's just a good, thoughtful man, and treats everyone with kindness and respect. Anyway, for Christmas this year he gave me:

LittleMermaid.jpg

The Little Mermaid Thomas Kinkade painting. The Little Mermaid is my favorite Disney movie. When I was a kid, I wanted to be called Ariel. It's true. It's absolutely stunning, and that little photo doesn't do it justice.

So, Mondays are my closing nights at work. They're usually really crazy, super busy, and I get out pretty late. Today was a bit of a bad day. I came home and we were talking about our days. I looked up to the wall to glance at my painting and saw this hanging beside it:

Rapunzel.jpg

It's beautiful!!!!! Again, this small clipping doesn't portray its beauty, but it's close enough. He said he went to the gallery and carried around The Little Mermaid painting to try to match it with another. Voila! Rapunzel. His incredible thoughtfulness just makes every bad moment of the day melt away.

*End Mushy Gushy Stuff from the Newlywed Chronicles*

Nothing new to add to the planning stages. Just wanted to wish everyone a happy Valentine's Day. Happy planning, friends!

Stage 2: The Food Continues

Happy Friday, friends! We're getting closer to September day by day. We've been working on our ADR list again. We've knocked out a couple, but we've added a few so I don't think we're any closer to finishing! Gah! :scared1:

Countdowns:
Days until vacation: 202---my calendar said 188 last post. I'm firing it.
Days until ADRS: 13
Days until FP+:143
Total lbs lost: 16 :cheer2:

Here is the 2nd draft to our ADRS:

B-Breakfast

L-Lunch

D- Dinner

S-Snack

SD-Signature Dining

Hollywood Studios
What changed: Bye bye 50's Primetime Cafe

Sci-Fi Dine-In- L, D

Hollywood Brown Derby- D, SD

Magic Kingdom-

Be Our Guest- D

Crystal Palace- B

Jungle Navigation- L

Plaza- L, D

Epcot-
What changed? Added Akershaus as a potential B or D

Restaurant Marrakesh- L, D

Rose and Crown- D

Teppan Edo- L

Tokyo Dining- D

Garden Grill- L

Tutto Italia- L, D

Via Napoli- L, D

Akershaus- B, D

Animal Kingdom
What changed? Tusker House was added for B

Tusker House- B

Disney Springs-
What changed? Adios Raglan Road

Chef Art Smith’s Homecoming- L, D

Frontera Cocina- L, D

House of Blues- L, D

Resorts
What changed? Added 1900 Park Fare as B

Artist Point- Wilderness Lodge- D, SD

Citricos- The Grand Floridian- D, SD

Kona Café- The Polynesian- B

‘Ohana- The Polynesian- D

Sanaa- Animal Kingdom Lodge- L

Trail’s End- Fort Wilderness- B

Whispering Canyon- Wilderness Lodge- B

Yachtsman’s Steak House- Yacht Club-D, SD

1900 Park Fare- GF- B

Geyser Point- Wilderness Lodge- ???

Happy weekend folks!

Disney-ing at Home

Helllooooooooo, humans! And aliens, robots, wildlife, and friends of all sorts. We are currently watching the live action version of The Jungle Books so while my husband and dog are howling along with the wolves, I thought I'd take the opportunity to throw in a little update of sorts.

Thursday, we decided to have a little Disney magic right here at home. Jason is typically off on Thursdays and I only work half a day. Since Saturday was my birthday and Jason had to work, I took the day off and we spent time together. He had already given me birthday presents/spoilings of this guy:

Beast.jpg
The Beast smelled of my husband's cologne and presented me with a lovely book. Jason has decided this guy is going to be our traveling companion this upcoming trip. I think he's a little beastly, but perhaps he can use his manners.

book.jpg

I haven't had the time to read much, but the beginning is rather interesting. I'm excited for the chance to sit down and read it from start to finish.

Anyway, back to Thursday. We started out at breakfast in downtown Nashville and then headed over to the mall for a day of shopping and walking (my friends and I had a FitBit challenge so I wanted to get my steps in. Spoiler alert. . . I lost.)

We parked at Bass Pro Shop. Honestly, I can't remember the last time I set foot in that store because I don't really camp, fish, or do much of anything sporty, though I enjoyed perusing the gigantic selection. When we walked in we were greeted by a cozy lodge setting with a warm fireplace and plenty of comfortable seats. Immediately, we thought of Wilderness Lodge. It was like a mini version of the lobby so we briefly stopped and daydreamed about September when we would be standing there for real.

We meandered over to The Seas with Nemo and Friends. . . I mean the aquarium. We watched the paddlefish bump into all the other unsuspecting bass and gar for quite some time.

The mall is quite a distance around. We waved to The Rainforest Cafe and kept walking, winding in and out of stores. We were about to stop at Build A Bear to see the Disney collection when Jason pointed and said "Bebe, don't you want to go there?" There? Where?

THE DISNEY OUTLET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love the outlet store. That is, I love the prices and deals you can find there. My Disney radar was buzzing, the music was playing, and for a moment I thought I was strolling right down the middle of Main Street, USA. The CMs were chatting excitedly to another guest about restaurants in Disney World while Jason and I explored all the Beauty and the Beast offerings. I like to start buying a little at a time for our trips, which brings me to the planning portion of this update. We're back to the basics: clothing and shoes.

I walked out of the store with three new items for September:

BeautyandBeastshirt.jpg
I also got a Lady and The Tramp shirt and Nightmare Before Christmas shirt with Jack and Sally. I can't find images, but they were only $10.00. Feeling like I had just gotten the best deals at the Disney Parks, we made our way toward the exit.

Speaking of apparel, lets talk about shoes. It's so hard to find comfortable and practical shoes for Disney World. Being diabetic, I have a really difficult time picking shoes that aren't restricting during the long days at the parks. Last year, I discovered Sanuks. I bought a pair of cushy, yoga mat flip flops that were so amazing. . . right up until the torrential downpour and ankle deep water in Tomorrowland ruined them. Being a bargain hunter, I shop on Zulily quite a bit. When a co-worker told me they had Sanuk slingbacks on sale, I bought a pair. These are fantastic! I can't wait to try them out in September!

sanuks.jpg
Mine are red paisley, but the design is pretty ingenious. My foot doesn't slide around at all, and the yoga mat soles feel so good. I would definitely recommend them for anyone who wants a sandal, but needs more support.

To wind up our Disney day at home, we had dinner at a local Polynesian restaurant. This place is so much like spending a day at the Polynesian Resort. It's very kitschy and cozy. The lull of the Hawaiian music playing in the background enhances the atmosphere. The food is seriously amazing, and at any moment I expect Lilo and Stitch to come walking out.

Our ADRs are coming up very soon! I still haven't decided everything. It's hard to make the final decision when I don't know the park hours yet. Still, I'm excited to make reservations!

That's it, folks! Thanks for tagging along and sharing in our Disney Day at home. Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

I have been considering the Sanuks but when it rains almost every day there, I am not sure. I make ADRs this week and I am having trouble deciding on days, because there is not really any definite hours out or MNSSHP dates. I will do the best I can, but it is making me nervous.

I have been considering the Sanuks but when it rains almost every day there, I am not sure. I make ADRs this week and I am having trouble deciding on days, because there is not really any definite hours out or MNSSHP dates. I will do the best I can, but it is making me nervous.

You're right about the sandals and the rain, but mine held up pretty well until my feet spent about an hour or two underwater at Magic Kingdom. On those days, rain boots are nended!

I feel the same way! I think the party was on Tuesday, Friday, and Sunday while we were there last year. It's hard to plan for Fantasmic, too.

Operation Best Trip Ever: It’s ADR Day!!!!!!!!!

Yes, that glorious, panic-ensuing day has come. I’m so grateful it was on a Saturday morning because I woke up so many times throughout the night to check the clock that I’m pretty sure I would have been a zombie if I had had to work. So, it was a nice cool day yesterday, but this morning I woke up freezing with a dog literally snuggling on my head. I groggily grabbed my phone to see that it was well past time for me to make my reservations. While stumbling through to the living room I see that it’s. . . snowing. . . big, fat chunks of snow. I don’t know if any of you folks have ever been to Tennessee, but it was literally in the 70s 2 days ago and now it’s snowing. Oh, well, I just grab a blanket and get started. :surfweb:

I had meticulously planned my list of reservations, but when the first ADR I wanted didn’t pop up, I started to feel my pulse rise. Okay, don’t panic, everything is going to be okay. . .:scared:

Long story short, I did end up getting all the restaurants I wanted (except one) even though I had to rearrange my days a bit. For some reason, Tutto Italia wasn’t available. I read a post on the boards that other people were having difficulty getting ADRs for there as well. So, I booked Via Napoli instead. If Tutto opens then I’ll make the switch, but if not then we like Via Napoli find. No big deal.

So, here they are! 27 Table Service credits! Whew! A lot of these are new restaurants to us, too, which is super exciting!:flower1:

Thurs, 09/07/17- Arrival day/MK

Lunch—we are just going to grab something quick OOP so that we can nap and then head out for the evening

‘Ohana 8:15

Fri, 09/08/17- Epcot/MK

Teppan Edo 12:00

Be Our Guest 8:20 pm

Sat, 09/09/17- AK

Tusker House 9:40- hoping for ROL package later

Chef Art Smith’s Homecoming 1:45- New

Yachtsman’s Steakhouse- 9:15

Sun 09/10/17- MK/HS

Kona 9:05 am

Skipper Canteen’s Jungle Navigation 1:30- New

Brown Derby 6:00- New- may try for Fantasmic package

Mon 09/11/17- Epcot

Trail’s End 9:30- New

Restaurant Marrakesh 1:30- New

Tokyo Dining 6:50

Tue 09/12/17- HS/AK

Whispering Canyon 9:05

Sci- Fi Dine In 1:40

Sanaa 8:15- New

Wed, 09/13/17- Rest day/DS

1900 Park Fare 10:15- New

Frontera Cocina 2:15- New

Chef Art Smith’s Homecoming 7:50- yes, this is booked twice

Thurs 09/14/17, MK/Epcot

Crystal Palace 9:05

Garden Grill 2:30- New

Rose and Crown 7:15

Fri 09/15/17- Epcot/MK

Via Napoli 11:30- holding out for Tutto Italia

Artist Point 7:45- New

Sat, 09/16/17- Departure Day

Whispering Canyon 9:05

I’m sure I’ll change this a million times before September, but I’m pretty happy with it now that it’s done. Feel free to share your ADRs, too!!

I booked adrs today! Our trips are pretty much the same dates actually we'll be in the same parks Sun, Mon if I don't change anything :rotfl: I have MK for Sun and Epcot for Mon.

Hi there! Joining in!

I have a pair of those Sanuk slingbacks too, and I LOVVVEEE them. I was just thinking about what shoes I would take to the park and I hadn't thought of those, but YES! They are SO COMFORTABLE.

Hi there! Joining in!

I have a pair of those Sanuk slingbacks too, and I LOVVVEEE them. I was just thinking about what shoes I would take to the park and I hadn't thought of those, but YES! They are SO COMFORTABLE.

Welcome! I apologize rfor folling out the red carpet so late! Thank you for joining in. Do you have a plan to go to the parks soon? If so, let me know how your shoes go! I think they will be perfect

I have changed and rebooked ADRs over and over. I just can't make firm plans. AND when they keep releasing more info on Food and Wine, I am not sure if I want to keep some of my Epcot reservations. Tokyo Dining is my only must do. We did book the ROL Tusker House breakfast. I am still on fence about Biergarten. I also have a Crystal Palace for early dinner on a MNSSHP night that we plan on attending. Not sure if I want to keep that or not. We have never been.

I have changed and rebooked ADRs over and over. I just can't make firm plans. AND when they keep releasing more info on Food and Wine, I am not sure if I want to keep some of my Epcot reservations. Tokyo Dining is my only must do. We did book the ROL Tusker House breakfast. I am still on fence about Biergarten. I also have a Crystal Palace for early dinner on a MNSSHP night that we plan on attending. Not sure if I want to keep that or not. We have never been.

I've had horrible computer issues and have been working a lot of overtime so I haven't done much on the Disney front. I need to look at the park times and figure out if I want to change anything around. I'm pretty sure I'm going to drop some ADRs and try other plans. . .

I'm so happy to hear you got a ROL package. I tried, but it was booked up.

I've eaten several times at Crystal Palace for B, L, and D. My husband and I don't care for the food very much at dinner. To us, it's just bland offerings. Everyone is different, though, so you may enjoy it!

Operation Best Trip Ever: Stage 2- The Food

It's been a while since I've had the opportunity to both update and, well, really do any "Disney-ing." My poor little laptop is out of commission and we've been trying to finally purchase a home. Let's not talk about that ordeal. . . ugh.

It's an overcast Sunday here in TN, but I'm happy as a little lark sitting here commandeering, I mean borrowing, my husband's awesomely fast desktop while listening to Disney music. Thank you, Pandora.

Speaking of gratitude, I'd like to take a moment to reflect on this 3 day weekend. Thank you to all service men and women, both active and Vet, and your families for the sacrifices you have made for our country and our freedom. Those words will never be enough, but my family is so thankful to you all every single day.

So, today's update is about me getting myself back into planning mode, which means I'm finally going to look at park hours and finalize some day plans even though we're not quite to FP+ day yet. I told you I wouldn't make it until September without changing around some ADRs.

Countdowns:
Days until trip: 102
Days until FP+: 41
Online check in: 42 days
Weight Lost: 32 lbs

Thurs 09/07/17- Arrival Day/MK- Park Hours 9-7
We will leave home somewhere around midnight-3 am to drive down to Disney. It's about a 10 hour drive so I'll say we will arrive sometime late morning to early afternoon.
We'll likely just grab something quick to eat so we can try to rest a bit before heading to the park. I'd like to be there at least by 4:00 to get some park time in before the park closes and we head over to our first ADR:
'Ohana 8:15
I'd like to catch Happily Ever After for the first time!

Fri 09/08/17- Epcot (Park hours 9-9)/MK (8-9 morning EMH)
Sleep in
Lunch: Teppan Edo at noon
Since we are planning to sleep late, I figure we can grab a snack once we get to Epcot. Yay F&W festival! :love:
I'm sure after lunch we will spend quite a bit of time at Mitsukoshi. I love this store. It's so much fun just to peruse the aisles and see all the cool Japanese products they have. Of course, we usually take home some sort of snack like Pocky or those panda cookies. Yes, we do have those at our local World Market, but it's not the same!
After we've had our fill of Epcot, we'll take the monorail over to the Magic Kingdom. I cannot wait to ride Big Thunder Mountain. It was closed during our 2016 trip. I'm super bummed about Splash Mountain being closed, but BTMRR is our favorite coaster. Will we ever get to ride both of those rides on the same trip?????
We have our dinner ADR at Be Our Guest at 8:20. While this will be our third meal there and second dinner ADR, I'm very excited about it. We enjoyed our food, but the atmosphere is just so amazing. The ambiance of actually being in the castle with the snow falling behind us under those spectacular chandeliers. . . it's just incredible. For a moment, we're in France, transported back several centuries and about to meet the Prince/Beast. I highly recommend a dinner reservation here.

Sat 09/09/17- AK Park Hours 8-9 Morning EMH
*Sigh* Okay, this day is not working out as planned so it's being switched around.
I reserved a 9:40 Tusker House breakfast with the hopes that I could get a ROL package. Alas, I've searched every ROL available day throughout our vacation, but a ROL dining package is not happening. That's alright, we will still somehow catch a viewing. I'm not worried about that too much.
Still, my plans were to head over to Chef Art's at 1:45 and then have dinner at Yachtsman Steakhouse at 9:15. I thought if I had a late dinner we could try to catch ROL that night.
The Rivers of Light showings are 9:15, 10:30, and 11:45 so that's not going to work out.

So, here is what I just did:
9:40 B at Tusker House
Yak & Yeti 1:30 (dropped Chef Art's for lunch)--I'm not a big fan of Y&Y but my husband likes it and it makes more sense just to stay at AK so the day at the park is not wasted
Frontera Cocina @ 6:45 (dropped Yachtsman's at 9:15) so that we can rest a bit, head to dinner and then head back over to AK before 9:00 to catch one of the ROL showings.

Sun 09/10/17- MK (9-7)/ HS (8-9 morning EMH)
Kona @ 9:05
Skipper Canteen's Jungle Navigation LTD- 1:30
We probably won't rest that day. We have a 6:00 ADR at Hollywood Brown Derby. I thought I may book a Fantasmic Dining Package for this, but there is not availability, which is fine. Jason isn't super excited about eating here, but since it's a SD I can't really drop it or else I'd have to put in another breakfast somewhere to make up for it. I'd rather not waste a Deluxe Dining Credit on another breakfast since appetizers are not included. I don't know if we'll try to catch Fantasmic or not. I think I'd rather ride Rockin Roller Coaster 13 times in a row.

Of course, we have to spend some time with :chewy:. I'd really like to try to trade with the Jawas. My husband is a huge Star Wars fan and if I can surprise him with one of the night time shows, I will. After all, this vacation is for the both of us, not just this Disney-loving gal.

Mon 09/11/17- Epcot 9-9
Annnnnnnnd we're changing again.
Trail's End at 9:30 was just exchanged for Whispering Canyon at 7:45. This allows us to get to Epcot possibly at Rope Drop and enjoy 3 hours in the park before heading to
Chef Art's Homecoming at 1:25. I dropped Marrakesh at 1:30. Poor Marrakesh, it never makes the cut.
After lunch, we'll likely be ready for a quick nap before heading back to Epcot for our 6:50 Tokyo Dining reservation.

Tues 09/12/17 HS (9-9)/ AK (9-9)
B Trail's End (exchanged with Whispering Canyon) @ 9:30
After breakfast, we will head to Hollywood Studios for the morning. We will try for a FP+ for Toy Story Mania and then try to catch some of the shows. The Beauty and the Beast show is fantastic. I'm thankful for the shade there and that they will allow you to bring in food and drinks at the theatre.
We do have a lunch ADR at Sci-Fi Dine In at 1:40. We'll likely leave after that and head over to AK until our dinner ADR at Sanaa at 8:15.

Wed 09/13/17 Rest Day/DS
For the first time in all of my trips to Disney, we are taking a rest day. No parks. At all. :scared::scared::scared:
We are going to sleep in and head to 1900 Park Fare @ 10:15 for breakfast. I've never been to the Grand Floridian so I'm looking forward to exploring the magnificent hotel.
We'll have lunch at 2:20 at Chef Art's Homecoming. I had to drop Frontera Cocina for this, but it's a dinner reservation on that wacky AK day. And, yes, you do see Chef Art's being reserved twice. The menu looks awesome and there were so many things we each wanted to try, we decided to eat here twice. Meh, it's our vacation. We'll do what we want, right? Right!
Then, after maybe a little shopping, we're going back to Wilderness Lodge to explore/swim/nap. Chef Art's dinner for that night has been replaced by Yachtsman's Steakhouse at 8:05. I'm not very fond of the resort (please don't throw rotten food at me---everyone is different), but I did enjoy sitting outside in their rocking chairs by the amazing pool when we went there on our honeymoon. This is the kind of day my husband wants: lots of relaxing. And, we know our bodies will need it. It's hard to tell yourself to relax at Disney, but vacations for us should be about recuperating from our busy work lives and not coming home more tired than when we left. I'm going to have to retrain my mind for this trip, but I can do it!

Thurs 09/14/17- MK (9-9)/ Epcot (8-9)
Hopefully, we wake up bright-eyed and bushy-bushy tailed and ready to attack the parks again.
We'll start off at Crystal Palace at 9:05 for some yummy food and visits with our good friends Eeyore, Piglet, Tigger, and Pooh. I'll have to be dressed in blue in honor of my favorite True Blue friend, Eeyore. :eeyore:
We'll head to Epcot in the early afternoon for lunch at Marrakesh @ 2:30. Yay Marrakesh, you made it!!!!!! So, what did I boot? Garden Grill. Sorry, Chip and Dale, but you guys didn't make the cut this year. We've never eaten here and while I've always wanted to try it, my husband just wasn't excited about it. Because I added on Yak & Yeti way back at the beginning of this long update, I threw off everything else and somebody had to go.
I think everyone has a favorite pavilion at the World Showcase? What's yours? I enjoy Japan quite a bit, but my favorite of all favorites is the UK. I love the shoppes and the layout. It's just such an enjoyable place. Besides, this fair skin is straight out of the UK. I feel at home with my people! Jason really loves it in the UK, too. Our dream someday is to head over to Scotland, England, and Ireland, but for now we live vicariously through Disney World. With that being said, we always have to have a dinner reservation at Rose and Crown. We'll be there at 7:15 with hopes of viewing Illuminations.

Fri 09/15/17- Epcot (9-10)/ MK (8-7 Morning EMH)
This is our last day in the parks. We'll get up when we get up and go to Epcot first.
I had a reservation @ 11:30 for Via Napoli because when I made my ADRs back in March, Tutto Italia wasn't available. It was always my intention to find a Tutto reservation, but if we didn't we were fine with Via Napoli. We always enjoy eating there. I just now found an 11:30 for Tutto Italia. Goodbye Via Napoli! We'll catch you next time.
We will say an early goodbye to Epcot and head to Magic Kingdom up until it's time to change for dinner at Artist Point at 7:45. It's always been my preference to try to end our trip with dinner at the resort because we're usually exhausted and ready to pack up and go to bed before heading out in the morning.

Sat 09/16/17- Time to go home
I saved a breakfast ADR for Whispering Canyon at 9:05. I'll be so sad even the antics of the restaurant won't be able to cheer me up. But, we'll be going back to our own little pluto:, Dixie, and our teeny weeny ferret, Evie. We always miss our girls so much!

So, that's it. Of course, I have to add the FP and the shows to our plans, but can't do that just yet. I'm not planning on changing any more dining reservations unless we drop Hollywood Brown Derby for Citricos. Also, I know our parks look a little biased with the overload on Epcot and MK, but those are the 2 parks we enjoy the most so why not? We're not using any EMH hours except for one day, but I'm okay with that. I do wish there was a MK evening EMH, though. . .

As always, thanks for reading! I know that was a huge, lengthy update. Tell me how your plans are going! I'm always interested in hearing about other trips, too!

Days until trip: 102

Me too!

Alas, I've searched every ROL available day throughout our vacation, but a ROL dining package is not happening.

If you see no availability I think it's because they haven't released the package yet because when we went in May there was availability the whole time. I even made a change the day of and in the weeks before and there was still a lot of choices for both restaurants.

The Rivers of Light showings are 9:15, 10:30, and 11:45 so that's not going to work out.

Where did you see those times for ROL? I would love to go to a later show, but all I'm seeing is 8:45 only for every night that week.

Frontera Cocina @ 6:45 (dropped Yachtsman's at 9:15) so that we can rest a bit, head to dinner and then head back over to AK before 9:00 to catch one of the ROL showings.

I would maybe move dinner earlier to make it to ROL. Because with or without the package people start getting to their seats an hour early and I think the showings are all at 8:45 pm that week.

We are going to sleep in and head to 1900 Park Fare @ 10:15 for breakfast. I've never been to the Grand Floridian so I'm looking forward to exploring the magnificent hotel.

Ooo we're doing that too one morning! The same time too! Just not the same day.

I had to drop Frontera Cocina for this, but it's a dinner reservation on that wacky AK day. And, yes, you do see Chef Art's being reserved twice. The menu looks awesome and there were so many things we each wanted to try, we decided to eat here twice. Meh, it's our vacation. We'll do what we want, right? Right!

There is sooo much at Homecomin' that sounds good. But Frontera Cocina was really good too so they're definitely both worth a try!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!