Oh, So You Fly Like Peter Pan? A September 2013 TR

Silvermist20

ღ Queen Megan ღ
Hey there! I’m Silv and this is my first official trip report! So if I’m not doing something right (if you do have to do something a certain way), let me know. (Kind of just winging it.) So here’s just a couple things about my family. Sorry, I’m not allowed to put pictures of us. But just enjoy these fun facts about us!

Name: Megan (me)
Favorite Character: Peter Pan (He’s my husband btw. Inside joke.)
Favorite Disney Movie: Peter Pan, Wreck It Ralph, Brave, Tangled, the list goes on.
Favorite Ride: Do I have to choose?
Favorite Resort: WL and BW. Can’t decide.
Favorite Sit Down Meal: 1900 Park Fare, Via Napoli, and Garden View Tea Room
Favorite Counter Service: Capt. Cooks and Columbia Harbor House
One More Fact: I <3 penguins

Name: David (brother)
Favorite Character: Pluto
Favorite Disney Movie: The Muppets and Wall-E
Favorite Ride: Test Track
Favorite Resort: WL
Favorite Sit Down Meal: Via Napoli
Favorite Counter Service: Pizza Planet
One More Fact: Likes trains and planes (also has Autism)

Name: Melissa (mom)
Favorite Character: Mulan (because it is about a strong, independent woman)
Favorite Disney Movie: Beauty and the Beast
Favorite Ride: Soarin’
Favorite Resort: WL
Favorite Sit Down Meal: 50’s Prime Time
Favorite Counter Service: Sunshine Seasons
One More Fact: Loves cinnamon nuts so much, she travels 1000 miles for them

Name: Tim (dad)
Favorite Character: Mickey
Favorite Disney Movie: Apple Dumpling Gang
Favorite Ride: BTMR
Favorite Resort: BW
Favorite Sit Down Meal: House Of Blues
Favorite Counter Service: Pinocchio Haus
One More Fact: Really weird/crazy/funny

The resorts we stayed at were SSR for our first night and VWL for the rest of the week. (We couldn’t get the first night at VWL.) We stayed from August 31-September 7. This was our 3rd trip in 10 months. (Which sadly means for us that we won’t be going back for a whole year. :( ) But anyway, one last thing, this was a really fun trip. Now, on with the TR!

4c411d89-c11d-4a80-99c8-4e1e3d518c57_zps8a544844.jpg

Chapter One: Our Journey Begins

So we got up, got ready, did some last minute packing, and got in the car to go to the train station. It was a pretty long drive with some stops along the way. I even found an Office Depot truck with a hidden Mickey on it.

0830130652_zps7e871f46.jpg

Pretty cool. So then we found a Denny’s and decided to have breakfast there. I had french toast and bacon. (I <3 bacon! You’ll probably see my love for it in further posts.) Then we were on the road again. At one point we stopped off at McDonald’s so my mom could get an iced coffee. My mom let me have a hot fudge sundae.

0830130944_zps5152c30d.jpg

Breakfast of champions! Finally, we got close to the train station. We found like 2 shopping centers. We all went into a Dollar Tree and bought some stuff for the train. I found a crown and a little princess wand and took a picture of my dad with them for no reason. (I’m pretty random sometimes)

0830131121_zps06bd86f1.jpg

(Sorry, not allowed to show faces. But his face was pretty funny though.) Anyway, after we bought the stuff, we found a pizza place to have lunch at. The pizza was pretty good. So after we were done, we got to the train station. They took our car and then we checked in and waited. And waited. And waited some more. Finally it was time to board the train. After we got on the train, we waited for the train to move. And waited. And waited some more. (there’s a lot of waiting) Finally, it moved. I started to make rubber band bracelets. (If you don’t know what they look like, this is what they are)

0830131227_zps4c39bc7a.jpg

I made some to give away and my mom also made some too. I also did some mad libs and looked through a magazine. I also talked a little (my mom says a lot) and looked out the window. What a pretty sight, isn’t it?

0830131751_zps6445498d.jpg

Anyway, it was eventually time for dinner, so we went up to the dining car. I ate some fish and for dessert, peanut butter pie. (I need more of that pie! It was sooo good!)

0830131924_zps5e72aa38.jpg

0830131946_zps8e37e120.jpg

Mmmmm yummy!

After dinner, I watched College Road Trip on my mom’s computer then went to sleep. Well, I shouldn’t say sleep, I should say that I laid down and just had my eyes closed. That’s right, I couldn’t sleep! Neither could my parents. But David, he slept like a rock. The seats were a little uncomfortable and I couldn’t get in a position I liked without putting my knee in my mom’s back. I was almost tempted to lay on top of her. Eventually, it was morning and I had a little breakfast (some milk, one and a half muffins, and a bite of a bagel.) At about 8:30, the train reached the station. We had to wait to get off. And wait. And wait some more. We got off and had to wait for our car. My mom thought she heard our number, 45, so she went outside. She felt like she won the lottery. But it turns out, they called 25. So she did the walk of shame. Luckily, our number was called about 10 minutes after that so we went to our car. We were off to Disney!

After driving for about 45 minutes, we reached this.

0831131017_0001_zpse712187a.jpg

Once we got to SSR, we were able to get to our room and take showers. I was happy to see this again.

0831131040_zpsd8e8daeb.jpg

My mom took a nap while I watch tv for a little bit. For lunch, we ordered from the Artist’s Palette. I got Mickey shaped ravioli.

0831131346_zpsf744c440.jpg

After a while, we went to my aunt and uncle’s house. Yay - more driving for 1 ½ hours! Their dog was sooo cute! My aunt called it a chaweenie.

0831131847_0001_zps8b719595.jpg

While we were outside talking, my uncle got a tiki torch and there was a frog on it. I tried to get a pic of the frog, but suddenly, it jumped on his face! I tried getting a picture of that but it wouldn’t come out. The frog jumped off his face before I could get a better picture. Here’s the final pic of the frog.

0831131852_zpsefc00b21.jpg

David and I were playing on their iPad and stuff and I tried playing with their dog but he was tired. (for some reason he suddenly was not tired when he started barking at me when I tried putting my rubber band bracelet stuff away) We face timed my grandparents and then we had to leave. My mom got Long John Silvers (I love fish and chips) as a little snack and then we drove back to our room. We got ready for bed and went to sleep.

That sounds fun! I've never been on a train before.

I like the dog it's cute <3

lol I love frogs, that was fun to read...

That sounds fun! I've never been on a train before.

I like the dog it's cute <3

lol I love frogs, that was fun to read...

The train was actually, and I'm being completely honest, kind of boring. My brother liked it though.

He was. And they even had a hot dog costume for him, a tuxedo, a sombrero, and a Jamaican hat. They put them all on and he was o cute!

And thanks.

Hahaha I would not want a frog jumping on my face!

Maybe not on my face, but I'd be fine with a frog in general :laughing:

The train was actually, and I'm being completely honest, kind of boring. My brother liked it though.

He was. And they even had a hot dog costume for him, a tuxedo, a sombrero, and a Jamaican hat. They put them all on and he was o cute!

And thanks.

I've always wanted to ride a train, just haven't ever gotten the chance

Aww cute!

You're welcome :)

Chapter Two: Checking Into VWL/Epcot

After we woke up, we packed up to go to WL. I took this awesome picture of a hand heart for no reason in the mirror. (Did I use one hand or two, the world may never know. Jk I used one)

0901131018_zps665ac0c0.jpg

Then we left to check in at WL. Luckily, our room was ready. We got to our room and I found, not a Mickey towel, but a Minnie towel head.

0901131135_zps25c9dc65.jpg

I’ve never seen these before! Anyway, there was also a squirrel towel.

0901131136_zpscf27ad3b.jpg

We got unpacked and David and I went to the train room. (LOVE the rocking chairs in this room! Don’t have a pic of it though)

0901131145_zpsc5e19622.jpg

0901131146_zps15a46805.jpg

Then we took a bus to MK and took the monorail to Poly for lunch.

0901131326_zpsd6e5b3c1.jpg

Isn’t it pretty? Anyway, I got a flatbread pizza.

0901131345_zpsbe1ec17a.jpg

And, wait for it…..

0901131400_zpsfacf200d.jpg

(Don’t know why my dad’s hand is in it.) Don’t worry, I didn’t eat it all. I shared it with my parents. When my mom filled up the cup, I’m just like, “I think that’s enough.” And she’s like, “I’m getting my $4 worth!” Then, since you can’t take a train to Epcot from Poly, we took a bus to HS. (I need to mention this before we go on, every time we needed transportation, it was right there. Kind of a little magic. That’ll help a little later.) Since we needed to update our annual passes (because they changed the whole system) and get my brother a new GAC, we stopped to get them. The cast member was really nice. My mom told him how magical our day was. He wanted to continue our magical day and gave us a certificate for free ice cream!

0901131504_zps2703432d.jpg

This tasted so much better since it was FREE! After we all got our ice cream, we took a boat to Epcot. (I found the boat driver kind of cute.) We went through a couple of the countries. We even got to see Miyuki! She made a flamingo, a giraffe, and a sea turtle. We got to Germany and David and I each got a pretzel.

0901131640_zps81a7d5de.jpg

My mom told me there were 3 cast members and a Duffy bear trading pins, so I rushed outside to trade with them. (One of them was cute. Too bad they were wearing lederhosen.) Then I went back to eat my pretzel. We took a boat to Future World and rode test track. Here’s the car I made (Warning! it looks pretty weird, but I didn’t know what else to do.)

0901131723_zps319c6184.jpg

And David’s.

0901131723david_zps67f41dea.jpg

In the end, I got 200 points and he got 198. After that, we took a bus back to our resort. All that really happened that evening was that we had dinner and David and I went to the train room. He was talking to some guy who lived an hour away from Disney. (Lucky him.) Then we went grocery shopping. We came back again and my dad and my brother went for a walk. They found ducks in the pool.

0901132157_zpsfb36aa59.jpg

Then, supposedly, they took a boat to Fort Wilderness. While they were there, my mom and I went to the Mercantile. I was putting on all the funny hats.

0901132259_zps72fc299d.jpg

Then for some reason we went to Roaring Fork. I saw a cute cast member there too. Then we just went back to our room.

Chapter Three: Typhoon Lagoon/Visiting Family

I’m just going to say this right now, I didn’t take many pictures for this day. Anyway, so for breakfast, I had a grilled cheese and bacon sandwich.

0902130846_zpsacb10e5d.jpg

Then we all decided to get in our bathing suits and go to TL. We waited for a bus. And waited. And waited. And waited. We waited almost an hour for our bus. Then add in the time it took to actually get there. Plus the stop at GF. It took us about an hour and a half to get there. (We were actually saying it would’ve been quicker to walk.) So we eventually got there and we got in. We didn’t really do much though. We just went in the lazy river, the wave pool (so intense), and family raft ride (which we all thought it was kind of lame especially when compared to the family raft ride at BB).

After we were done with everything, we waited for a bus to take us back. This time we only waited 20-30 minutes I think. But while we were waiting, this bus passed us (I couldn’t get the whole bus in the picture).

0902131406_0001_zps7074ad1a.jpg

After we all took showers, we got ready and went to my aunt’s house. Their dog was soooo cute!

0902132013a_zpsedc3d4ea.jpg

They also had a cat.

0902131816_zps04bbf2ad.jpg

And the same dog from my first chapter was there too. But anyway, for dinner I shared chicken skewers with my mom and for dessert I had angel food cake with fruit and whipped cream and a cupcake. I also made rubber band bracelets for almost everyone there. Eventually we left and went back to our resort.

Chapter Four: 1900 Park Fare Breakfast/Magic Kingdom

So we got ready for the day and went to GF to have breakfast at 1900 Park Fare. Once we got inside, we got our food. This was my first plate.

0903130916_zps53f1cae6.jpg

(BACON!!!!! Yeah, I took a lot of bacon.) The first character we got to meet was Pooh. My dad gave him a bear hug (lol I love puns). Pooh also kissed my hand.

DSC01843_zps91fe2115.jpg

It was cute. The next character we met was Tigger. My dad gave him two fist bumps. Then I started eating. Halfway through eating, I think the next character we met was Mary Poppins. (I’m taller than her btw.) After meeting her, I finished eating. I kept glancing at one table that was meeting with the Mad Hatter because he was there for such a long time. (He was sitting down at their table and talking with them for like 10 minutes.)

0903130954_zps9a32d296.jpg

(I didn’t like the gummy bears. They tasted funny to me.) Then we got to meet Alice. (I am waaaay taller than her btw.) Finally, after waiting for so long, we go to meet the Mad Hatter. My dad said he liked his nose. And my brother had this discussion with him (David’s blue and Hatter’s green.)

Do your shoes bite? Because you’re wearing Crocs.
No. Did you fly on British Airways?
No. What’s that?
An airline.
An airline, is that a line in the air?
No. It flies.
Oh, so you fly like Peter Pan?
No. It something that let’s you fly.
Oh, well that’s much easier than using your arms.

Nothing like characters messing with the autistic boy!

Some parts I don’t remember, but it was still cute. After we finished eating and met all the characters, we went back to the resort. We tried to do a Mickey hunt but it was actually kind of hard. Then we went to MK. We rode some rides. While we were at Fantasyland, we got two huge cinnamon rolls from Gaston’s Tavern.

0903131412_zps8242c079.jpg

Then we went on the monorail and went to the Poly for lunch. I had pizza and a dole whip again. Once we got back to our resort, David and my dad went on the beach to see Wall-E and my mom and I went to DTD. We went to Little Miss Matched, the Ghiradelli place, and the World Of Disney store. After we did some looking around, we went to Goofy’s Candy Co. and I got a Goofy’s Glacier thing. (It was red and blue.)

Chapter Five: An Afternoon With Dad

We got ready and took a bus to Hollywood Studios. My dad and I went to the Animation Academy and drew Sulley. This is my drawing.

0910131750_zps40528880.jpg

(You will never be able to see my messy signature! Mwahahaha! But it also had part of my last name though and I don’t want creepy people looking me up and stuff.) After we were done, we went to the Voyage Of The Little Mermaid. While we were in the waiting room, my brother was being really bad. (I’m not going to go into the details though.) Long story short, he did not want to see the show, he and my dad ended up leaving, and my mom started crying. After the show, we did the Backlot Tour. Then we did Toy Story Mania. My dad and I went against each other. Here’s the final score. (I’m blue and my dad’s red.)

0904131152a_zps0909dd75.jpg

In case it’s hard to see, I got 108,300 and my dad got 107,100. (I beat him, yay!) After that we took a boat to Epcot and went over to Italy for lunch at Via Napoli. This was our pizza.

0904131353_zps10c382cf.jpg

Mmmmmm yummy! After we were done eating, my brother and mom took a boat to Future World (David was still having a bad day and he was going back to our room for the rest of the day - poor mom) and left my dad and I to walk over to Future World. Once we got between World Showcase and Future World, we found them accidentally. They left and my dad and I had the afternoon to ourselves - Yay!

The first thing we did on our Daddy-Daughter Afternoon was go on Test Track. This was the car we made.

0904131457_zps709584a8.jpg

It ended up getting a score of 197 I think. Then we went over to Innoventions to look around and see some of the stuff. We went over to The Seas pavillion. (My dad always makes jokes like, “Why is it just called The Seas? Did The Living Seas die?”) We saw some of the fish and then we went to Turtle Talk for the heck of it. After the show was over, we went on Soarin’. We weren’t used to waiting in standby, so it was kind of interesting. The two games we got were lame though. But when we finally got in the room where they tell which concourse you go in, they were playing a cool-ish game. Just my luck. Anyway, we eventually got on the ride. Amazing, as usual.

Once we got off of Soarin’, we went to Club Cool. I tried almost every soda (including the Beverly!). For some reason, they were completely out of the soda from Costa Rica. Must be a little popular if none of the machines had it. Anyway, once we tasted some sodas, we walked over to the UK and had dinner a Rose And Crown. I was little disappointed with the food though. I didn’t really like the fish so I ended up only eating the chips. But anyway, I swear, I could spend my whole day walking around that pavillion just to listen to their accents.

After we were done eating, we took a boat to Hollywood Studios to see Fantasmic. It was our first time ever seeing it. We just didn’t like the fact that everything was wet and rainy. People started a wave. At first it was a fail, but after the last three or four tries, everyone was doing it. It was pretty cool. Luckily, the rain cleared up and we got to see the show. I thought it was awesome! Once the show was over, we took a boat to Swan & Dolphin to see what they had at the Fountain. I wasn’t really interested in anything, so we took another boat to Beach Club. We went to Beaches and Cream and got a Hot Fudge Sundae.

0904132157_zps1bc4c681.jpg

It was pretty good. After that we took a bus to DTD then took a bus to WL. It was a long trip back to our room.

That is the best bus EVER! lol Mainly because it had Spider-Man.

The New Test Track looks fun!!!

That dog is also soooo cute and the cat is so pretty!

That is the best bus EVER! lol Mainly because it had Spider-Man.

The New Test Track looks fun!!!

That dog is also soooo cute and the cat is so pretty!

It was for Phineas and Ferb: Mission Marvel. I just thought it was cool.

It is actually. Just wait until my last post. The car I made looked so boss. And since we get to go through FP all the time because of David's GAC, we used to not be able to make custom cars and we had to choose from a sellection, but they changed it to make sure that FP could make their own car. (They didn't change it for single riders though.)

There was an even cuter picture of the dog, but the picture was a little small.

Chapter Six: Mommy-Daughter Day

Thursday was our Mommy-Daughter Day. We took a bus to Animal Kingdom. We saw Festival Of The Lion King. My mom never saw it before because the one time we were supposed to see it, my brother was having a bad day (my mom always gets to deal with him when this happens - poor mom). She LOVED it! I think she said it was her favorite show at Disney. After that, we took a bus to GF and went to tea! Before tea, since it wasn’t open yet, we did a little shopping. Then we got to the actual tea room. This was my first plate of stuff.

0905131412_zpse0da9906.jpg

(I ordered the Mrs. Potts Tea since I don’t drink real tea. But I did taste my mom’s and it did taste a little good.) We were joking around with our pinkies and the tea. It was a little funny. Here’s what I got for dessert.

0905131428_zps8b6bb256.jpg

My mom got strawberries and cream with her tea.

0905131428a_zps58fc0edc.jpg

0905131429_zpse77e1de0.jpg

She let me eat most of it. My mom wasn’t impressed with our experience, but I disagree with her. Anyway, we went to MK to do all the stuff David never lets us do. First, we went to the Laugh Floor. And “that guy” was a guy with a mustache. Just keep that in mind. One of the monster’s said that he underlined his nose. It was a little funny. Then we got in line for Buzz Lightyear. My mom says, “Uh oh, it’s that guy.” And I was like, “What guy?” And she says, “That guy from the Laugh Floor.” I look behind me and it was the guy with the mustache. It was funny and weird at the same time. He’s just like, “I didn’t think anyone would remember.” Once we reached the ride, we got on. Towards the middle of the ride, I hit something that gave me a ton of points. I wish I knew what I hit (I always shoot randomly) so I could remember to hit it again. And for some reason, our spinning thing wasn’t working. But anyway, here was my final score.

0905131614_zpsaca7feda.jpg

I beat my mom by a lot. After that we went on Carousel Of Progress. (My mom made me do this - Never again! It’s so boring!) Then we did a little shopping and went to Philharmagic. Then we went to Columbia Harbor House for a snack of Fish and Chips (I really like fish and chips). It started to pour outside. So we went back to our resort and stayed in for the night.

Chapter Seven: Family Portrait Day!​

In the morning, we got our family portraits taken! It was my mom’s late Mother’s Day gift. They were taken at the Poly. My mom loves the photographer for taking such great pictures! We figured out that at the price we payed that it was $2 a picture, which isn’t bad for professional shots. ($150 for a mini family photo shoot of 20 minutes with a Disney Photographer) After we were done with them, we got changed and went to MK. We rode a couple rides and then had lunch at Columbia Harbor House where I got fish and chips again.

0906131257_zpsb2b77671.jpg

Then we went back to our resort and got changed to go to BB. We only got to do Teamboat Springs and some of the lazy river though since it started to rain and thunder. An announcement was made that we had to get out of the water. We left and watched some tv. Then we went to the Mercantile to do a little shopping. After that we went back to the room. My parents went to the Territory Lounge while me and my brother stayed and played on the computer and stuff.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter