Oh! My Peanut butter! (a 2013 PHM report)

LOL! that's funny. It is interesting though. I had a major headphone fail last friday, broke mine after my run (still plugged in to the phone, went to bathroom, phone fell and wires finally came loose after too many times of that happening lol!). Can NOT run without my tunes! So got new ones and they are a bit long so I'm fighting with the cords a bit right now, I need to tie them up somehow. Anyway...it made for an off start last night and my breathing never seemed to get right. It wasn't a bad run but the off start definitely set the tone a little. that and adjusting them as I ran...as they flopped. LOL.

Funny though, it was a little on the slower side of my normal pace and we started from a different spot than usual. Jeff lapped me about a half/quarter mile from the end but was really pissed when he found out where my turn around spot was as he is SURE he should have lapped me far earlier than he did. Jeesh. I swear he didn't believe me! Even though its clearly there on RK. I mean he ran a mile further, and he's faster so it bums me out that he laps me and then he's mad it wasn't sooner? :confused3

I may test your breathing theory tomorrow.

Headphone issues suck!!! There are times when mine just wont stay in and I am fighting them. It definitely impacts the feel of my run.

That is frustrating that he was surprised that he didn't lap you sooner. :sad2: You are doing so great. He just better watch out...maybe it will be you lapping him some day. ;)

So after I posted that, I paid better attention on my next run. :rolleyes1 so it isn't a full half mile. It is more than a quarter... but less than a half. But..yeah... if I can find a groove and breath through my nose during that portion, I seem to have a even pace the rest of the run. The rest of the run though definitely is nose...mouth...both.

Ok, that is HARD! :lmao: I don't think I made it a quarter mile. Not really sure though as I had the audio cues turned off from our walk the night before. But the interesting thing (and was it the breathing, the audio cues being off, or truly improving?) is that I had a really great run!

Headphone issues suck!!! There are times when mine just wont stay in and I am fighting them. It definitely impacts the feel of my run.

That is frustrating that he was surprised that he didn't lap you sooner. :sad2: You are doing so great. He just better watch out...maybe it will be you lapping him some day. ;)

Last night was even funnier! Not our normal route, ran into the shade. Running that direction we are both still finding that "right" turn around spot. We'd discussed it, he had a plan and so did I. Well, my audio cues were off, I wasn't really paying attention to distance or time as a result and all of a sudden I'm at my spot to turn. Didn't feel like it so didn't. Meant to a couple of blocks later but no clear marker. So I kept going.

You should have seen the LOOK on his face when he was running towards me and I was still going the other way (and he'd turned around just maybe a quarter mile farther down). :rotfl2: it was PRICELESS!

I had him in my sights both coming and going for over half the run. He did run with me for a little bit, we actually chatted for once which was kind of fun.

His comment?

I'm going to have to do something about that! (Meaning he needs to run faster). :lmao:

But a seriously good run for me (3.66 @ 33:43). Kind of interesting, I have RK set for this run as simply a 30 min interval. Run 30 min and it's however far it is. I'll generally go longer but that's the min, at least 30. Looking at the splits, the only actual audio cue I had was at 30 min..I slowed down right at 30 min. Hmmn. Maybe I should turn them off more often. Only real bummer, and I'll take it, is I'd started my playlist at a certain spot to make sure I got my 4 new songs in at the end without it ending before my run did.

Never made it to any of the new songs. :rotfl:

Ok, that is HARD! :lmao: I don't think I made it a quarter mile. Not really sure though as I had the audio cues turned off from our walk the night before. But the interesting thing (and was it the breathing, the audio cues being off, or truly improving?) is that I had a really great run!

It is... and right now I am struggling to do that quarter mile like that. I think in theory, it would be a good way to encourage a slow start. I know I feel better in my run if I stay steady... but negative splits are apparently the real way to go.

Last night was even funnier! Not our normal route, ran into the shade. Running that direction we are both still finding that "right" turn around spot. We'd discussed it, he had a plan and so did I. Well, my audio cues were off, I wasn't really paying attention to distance or time as a result and all of a sudden I'm at my spot to turn. Didn't feel like it so didn't. Meant to a couple of blocks later but no clear marker. So I kept going.

You should have seen the LOOK on his face when he was running towards me and I was still going the other way (and he'd turned around just maybe a quarter mile farther down). :rotfl2: it was PRICELESS!

I had him in my sights both coming and going for over half the run. He did run with me for a little bit, we actually chatted for once which was kind of fun.

His comment?

I'm going to have to do something about that! (Meaning he needs to run faster). :lmao:

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

But a seriously good run for me (3.66 @ 33:43). Kind of interesting, I have RK set for this run as simply a 30 min interval. Run 30 min and it's however far it is. I'll generally go longer but that's the min, at least 30. Looking at the splits, the only actual audio cue I had was at 30 min..I slowed down right at 30 min. Hmmn. Maybe I should turn them off more often. Only real bummer, and I'll take it, is I'd started my playlist at a certain spot to make sure I got my 4 new songs in at the end without it ending before my run did.

Never made it to any of the new songs. :rotfl:

That is a seriously good time!!! :worship: I am not surprised that you are closing that gap between your dh and you! You just wait and see, I bet once you submit a 10k time for your disney race, I bet you get in A corral. Maybe B... but I bet A!!! Especially with the time you have to train, I can't see you doing anything but getting FASTER!!! :cool1:

It is... and right now I am struggling to do that quarter mile like that. I think in theory, it would be a good way to encourage a slow start. I know I feel better in my run if I stay steady... but negative splits are apparently the real way to go.

Yeah, I can't see negative splits in my future :rotfl2: but the breathing thing was pretty interesting for sure.

That is a seriously good time!!! :worship: I am not surprised that you are closing that gap between your dh and you! You just wait and see, I bet once you submit a 10k time for your disney race, I bet you get in A corral. Maybe B... but I bet A!!! Especially with the time you have to train, I can't see you doing anything but getting FASTER!!! :cool1:

B. No way on A. Can't see that at all. It's a big gap, I think he was slow last night but his reaction was pretty priceless. And I don't trust that time, might well be a fluke. Still pretty thrilled with it though lol.

Normally RK is updating me at .25 miles and then 3m as I like to measure both, I just find it very odd that it was that much faster with no "feedback" as to how it was going. Part of me wants to test leaving it off and part of me really wants to know. LOL!

Yeah, I can't see negative splits in my future :rotfl2: but the breathing thing was pretty interesting for sure.

B. No way on A. Can't see that at all. It's a big gap, I think he was slow last night but his reaction was pretty priceless. And I don't trust that time, might well be a fluke. Still pretty thrilled with it though lol.

Normally RK is updating me at .25 miles and then 3m as I like to measure both, I just find it very odd that it was that much faster with no "feedback" as to how it was going. Part of me wants to test leaving it off and part of me really wants to know. LOL!

Yeah... I think a year from now it is totally conceivable you could be in A! Not only conceivable...but likely. You are doing great!!

As for leaving off the cue. I would feel the same way if I were you. And what would it hurt to try? Maybe even just set a cue for a timed amount that isn't your total run and pause and take a look at that cue. Then you can repeat it or turn them completely on or off. :goodvibes

Yeah... I think a year from now it is totally conceivable you could be in A! Not only conceivable...but likely. You are doing great!!

Well I have no idea what the time breakdown is for DL versus WDW but I can't see A, that's insane. This from the woman with a 9:07 pace in her 10K who is saying B or maybe C. A is in your sights for sure. LOL! I will be thrilled with B and am awfully glad I have a year + to get there :thumbsup2

As for leaving off the cue. I would feel the same way if I were you. And what would it hurt to try? Maybe even just set a cue for a timed amount that isn't your total run and pause and take a look at that cue. Then you can repeat it or turn them completely on or off. :goodvibes

Yeah, it was a bit fascinating, we will see how it plays out, probably try some each way and see.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!