Oh it's a Jolly Holiday with Masseys, a Pre Trip Report

:wave: Me too. I was the fast pass runner. You were rewarded for hitting the parks at rope drop.
Exactly! My boys used to have a ball running back and forth. It'll be interesting to see how it works at Disneyland, where they still have paper fastpasses, but you can pay for MaxPass and schedule them from your phone.

I think it's the perfect way to end your trip.
I booked it :cool1::banana:

Maybe we'll see you in SWGE. I do think the crowds will only be growing from that point on. Have fun!
We'll be on the lookout for you. :thumbsup2

We'll be with the masses trying to get in at rope drop. I hope they do the EMH for resort guests.
Us too - well, at least my youngest and I - he's a huge Star Wars fan! My other two boys and my son's girlfriend may decide they need a bit more sleep...

It can't be any worse than opening day of Pandora, which we did. We were on a bus for 4:45 and yes we did both rides.
Wow! That's crazy early! We went in November 2017 (for my 50th - yay!) and were on a bus to AK around 6am. They opened the park early (was scheduled for 7am) and we hit it just right. Basically walked onto FoP and by the time we were exiting the line was over 2 hours :scared1: Now, that's a great ride, but I wouldn't wait that long for anything...

I'm hoping the crowds are better that day too.
Fingers crossed!

Notice I didn't mention Dennis doing any of the extras with us, it is working in my favor to have daughters.
:rotfl2:My sister has two girls and I've been very lucky to enjoy their company at DW on a few occasions. I love my boys like crazy, but yes, there are advantages to girls. My one niece applied to the DCP for this fall, but didn't get in :(, she's planning on applying for Fall 2020 as well and if she's there, my sister and I will be visiting multiple times.

I've heard Fantasmic is better at DL too. Enjoy your trip.
Thank you! It's coming up so fast now! One week to go...

I'm hoping the extend hours too. I would like to have some time to take break and come back to the parks.
They're going to have to, right??? I'm also waiting not-so-patiently to hear about the Candlelight Processional narrators. They're still not announced for 12/19-12/21.

Mom is rocking the updates! Her planning is coming along so great, and she is finding such awesome ways to make this trip special. We actually decided this week that I'm going to let Mom and Dad take JP (without me) on a weekend getaway next month to a kind-of family reunion we do each year at a plantation in Mississippi. I have to stay home and get Jimmy from the airport that Saturday, so I can't go. But we think this'll be a great opportunity for Mom and Dad to take on handling JP without me. He really is a good and easy kid, he's just SUPER attached to his Mama.

Exactly! My boys used to have a ball running back and forth. It'll be interesting to see how it works at Disneyland, where they still have paper fastpasses, but you can pay for MaxPass and schedule them from your phone.

So, are you going to purchase the MaxPass or go the old fashion route?

I booked it :cool1::banana:

:dancer: I'm dancing for you.

We'll be on the lookout for you. :thumbsup2

We shouldn't be too hard to miss.

Us too - well, at least my youngest and I - he's a huge Star Wars fan! My other two boys and my son's girlfriend may decide they need a bit more sleep...

Michelle, JP and I may be the ones sleeping for a bit.

Now, that's a great ride, but I wouldn't wait that long for anything...

Me either.

:rotfl2:My sister has two girls and I've been very lucky to enjoy their company at DW on a few occasions. I love my boys like crazy, but yes, there are advantages to girls. My one niece applied to the DCP for this fall, but didn't get in :(, she's planning on applying for Fall 2020 as well and if she's there, my sister and I will be visiting multiple times.

Danielle is going to apply again too. Application are dropping August 19th.

Thank you! It's coming up so fast now! One week to go...

:cheer2:

They're going to have to, right??? I'm also waiting not-so-patiently to hear about the Candlelight Processional narrators. They're still not announced for 12/19-12/21.

I hope you get a good narrator.

So, are you going to purchase the MaxPass or go the old fashion route?

The plan is to try out just using paper FPs the first day. My son wants to spend the majority of his time that day in SWGE anyway, so I think DH and I will just take turns running to the different rides to grab FPs while he wanders Batuu. Then if we find you really can't ride much without MaxPass, we can always buy it the next two days.

:dancer: I'm dancing for you.
Thank you! I'm so excited to try it.

We shouldn't be too hard to miss.
It is an odd thing about these boards where you feel like you almost know someone because you've seen pictures and heard their stories. I'm sure I will recognize your family. Our group will be me, my three boys (who are kind of distinctive because one is blond, one is a red-head and my youngest has brown hair), and my oldest's son's girlfriend.

Danielle is going to apply again too. Application are dropping August 19th.
That's great! I'll keep my fingers crossed for her. Lainey (my niece) is going to wait until next fall - she really wants to be there in the fall. Then my sister said if she doesn't get in for fall 2020, she'll probably apply for spring 2021. She's been talking about wanting to work for Disney when she graduates from college too, and I would just love that!

I hope you get a good narrator.
Me too. I can't remember, are you guys going to see Gary Sinise? I'm so bummed we miss him - I would love to see him.

The plan is to try out just using paper FPs the first day. My son wants to spend the majority of his time that day in SWGE anyway, so I think DH and I will just take turns running to the different rides to grab FPs while he wanders Batuu. Then if we find you really can't ride much without MaxPass, we can always buy it the next two days.

Sounds like a good plan.

It is an odd thing about these boards where you feel like you almost know someone because you've seen pictures and heard their stories. I'm sure I will recognize your family. Our group will be me, my three boys (who are kind of distinctive because one is blond, one is a red-head and my youngest has brown hair), and my oldest's son's girlfriend.

I agree, there are so many people I have "meet" here that I feel like I know even though I've never actually meet them in real life. If you you see us please say hello.

hat's great! I'll keep my fingers crossed for her. Lainey (my niece) is going to wait until next fall - she really wants to be there in the fall. Then my sister said if she doesn't get in for fall 2020, she'll probably apply for spring 2021. She's been talking about wanting to work for Disney when she graduates from college too, and I would just love that!

Danielle really wanted Fall too but wants to take every opportunity to apply from now until she graduates. If she ever makes it in it would mean more trips for us.

Me too. I can't remember, are you guys going to see Gary Sinise? I'm so bummed we miss him - I would love to see him.

Yes Gary Sinise will be there when we're there but we don't plan on attending since we'll have JP. I'm hoping to catch some from the back.

More planning happening.

We have added more SWGE plans for Thursday. Danielle booked herself an appointment to build a droid. I offered to book this for her when they first came out but she declined but the pull of the force was too strong and she booked it. It looks like we'll be spending a good part of our day in Batuu. We hit our 120 day countdown and passed it. We now have 118 more sleeps!

I know the men out there don't like to hear about shopping but it's something we women do as we prepare for a trip. I'm not going to start posting our purchases yet but I'm going to start with DH's collection of Grumpy shirts. I do have to admit after looking them over there are several shirts that DO NOT need to make the trip. He likes wearing these shirts too much and they are showing the wear.

I'm going to start with one of DH's oldest shirts he got from Disney. This is a classic and not a Grumpy shirt. We saw it first on our 2002 trip and didn't get it, when we went back in 2004 we HAD to get it. When we went back in 2005/2006 we couldn't find it.

DSC_0292.JPGDSC_0293.JPG

This poor shirt has gotten looks of use and needs to be put in the rag pile, but it's such a classic.

This is his favorite Grumpy shirt. Danielle and I picked it up for him in 2014 on her cheer trip. It has gotten way too much wear too but he loves the reactions he gets every time he wears it.

DSC_0300.JPG

If I could find it again I would buy him another. I did pick him up the pin but it's just not the same.

A few of his classic shirts.

DSC_0299.JPGDSC_0301.JPG

DSC_0302.JPGDSC_0303.JPGDSC_0297.JPGDSC_0296.JPG

I got this for him last Christmas so he would have it for this trip.

DSC_0298.JPG

Continued in next post.

More shirts.

I ordered this shirt in red from Amazon but they sent the black one. I eventually got the the right color so now he has 2.

DSC_0294.JPGDSC_0295.JPG

I keep telling him he can't take all these shirts due to how worn they are. I guess we'll see how many make the trip.

Michelle got this for him for his birthday so even if he's not wearing a Grumpy shirt he can still be Grumpy.

DSC_0290.JPGDSC_0291.JPG

And of course I'm sure we'll come back with at least one Grumpy shirt.

Up next is going to be JP's jammies!

Last edited:
I'm going to start with one of DH's oldest shirts he got from Disney.
Love that shirt!
DSC_0290.JPG
DSC_0291.JPG
:laughing:

Love all the Grumpy shirts. I had no idea there were so many to choose from. The hat is fun too. Good to see at least 1 person’s clothes are sorted for the trip:thumbsup2

Love that shirt!

We do too. I was so upset when he got bleach on it.

Love all the Grumpy shirts. I had no idea there were so many to choose from. The hat is fun too. Good to see at least 1 person’s clothes are sorted for the trip:thumbsup2

He likes his shirts too. We look for more on every trip.

I had no idea there were so many different Grumpy shirts!! :rotfl2:

And we're always looking for more.

Oh my gosh! I love all the Grumpy merch. My husband totally needs some of these :rotfl2: .

Would he wear them?

okay friends... i have a question...

I see Be Our Guest dinner menu has WINE!!!!

I've got my eye on a bottle of Enchante' Rose'. BUT I INSIST ON KEEPING THE BOTTLE. Will they let me bring home the empty bottle and/or ship it back to my room?

okay friends... i have a question...

I see Be Our Guest dinner menu has WINE!!!!

I've got my eye on a bottle of Enchante' Rose'. BUT I INSIST ON KEEPING THE BOTTLE. Will they let me bring home the empty bottle and/or ship it back to my room?
Ooh I don’t know the answer but I’m interested to find out! Fingers crossed they let you keep it but with the “no glass” rule maybe they’ll insist on sending it to your room??

I have no clue about the wine bottle but I do know that when my sister bought the star wars wine at Hollywood Studios they made her send it to the front of the park to pick it up. I don't see why they wouldn't let you have the bottle.

I know we're lacking in updates but our lives have been topsy turvy. August 20th gave us a day of highs and lows. The Spring 2020 Disney College Programs (DCP) applications dropped August 19th. As some of you know Danielle applied for Fall 2019 and did not get in. We were all devastated for her. She officially applied for Spring 2020 on August 20th in the morning and believe it or not went from application received to "in consideration" almost at once. The last time she applied she never even got out of "application received". It wasn't too long afterward that she moved to WBI (web based interview). She had 3 days to finish this step. She completed the WBI that afternoon then was offered a phone interview which she scheduled for Friday afternoon August 28th. That was a lot of excitement for one day. The bad news of that day was we lost our last furbaby dog Boudreaux. We have had him since 2008. He was old and hadn't been doing well but it was still hard. He is now with Max and I'm sure they are so happy to be back together. DH waited to tell Danielle until after some of the excitement had calmed down.

Well she did her interview on Friday afternoon. It was only 17 minutes long. If you are no longer in consideration after the phone interview you receive an email in the first 48 hours, so we waited and watched to see if she received the NLIC (no longer in consideration) email. And guess what? She didn't get it. Monday was a holiday so we knew nothing was going to happen plus all of Disney was getting ready for Dorian. On Tuesday it was put on Twitter that a "wave" of offers would be going out. No offer for Danielle, but since she just did her interview it was not expected. There were lots of others than had interviewed before her. But guess what she got today? AN OFFER FOR AN INTERNSHIP!!!!!! She has already excepted and paid her fees. She is going to do the Spring Advantage 2020. She has accepted a "seater" position. Her arrival date is January 27th and her departure date is July 30th. So if anyone has any trips planned please look for her. We won't know where she will be until she gets down there. So now we're planning for our trip in December, Danielle's internship and Michelle is planning her trip in February. I really think I should just upgrade to the annual pass in December.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter