Oh it's a Jolly Holiday with Masseys, a Pre Trip Report

I love spreadsheets, too! I have multiple tabs and color code things.... My family makes fun of me but they appreciate my organization. I have all my ADRs sorted in priority order, ready for Saturday morning. I'm trying for a PPO breakfast at Garden Grill, too. On Dec. 22nd, which is the 4th day of our trip. Good luck to you tomorrow!!

Thanks - good luck to you too! My first choice for GG is the 23rd, with the 22nd as my first backup. Fingers crossed for all of us!

Okay, so dummy me didn't realize I actually have two sets of reservations - one from 12/18-12/20 and the other from 12/20-12/24. Long story as to why, but I had thought our TA was able to link them. Anyway, I was only able to make dining reservations through 12/20 this morning :cool: and will have to wait until Sunday to do the rest. But so far we have:
12/19 dinner at San Angel Inn at 6:30
12/20 lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern at 11:45
12/20 dinner at Mama Melrose at 6:10

I had no problem getting any of those, but... there was no availability for Garden Grill PPO on either of those days :( Hoping for better luck with that on Sunday.

Okay, I'm done hijacking your thread Michelle!!

We got spoiled when we did the fireworks dessert party last time. It was a gateway party, and now we just want MORE MORE MORE!
See I just know that this is what will happen to us! :rotfl2: Used to be happy with staying at Lake Beuna Vista then we tried nearer downtown disney ( it'll always be dtd to me) and we Loved the proximity to everything there. Well then we graduated to Port Orleans which we adored and then got a fab deal a few years back for the Yacht Club and well we are now ruined for life!:charac2::lmao: I could definitely go back to Port Orleans because I adored the place (and the boat to dtd) but my husband adores walking to Epcot and HS and I figure since he provides most of the funds for disney I should try and keep him happy at least a little bit:rotfl2::rotfl2:
My family makes fun of me but they appreciate my organization.
You are not alone-mine do too :thumbsup2

Looks great! I've been working on my spreadsheets for the last two hours. My biggest challenge is getting a pre-park opening breakfast reservation. I'd really like to get Garden Grill, and I'm completely flexible on the day, but still not sure it will be available. So I have plans that change each day based on if we do, or don't, get that. Then I have a whole other set if we can't get it at all! I'm also planning two reservations for almost all of our days (all dinners, then varying breakfast and lunch) because I'm afraid of counter service crowds. I may ending changing/cancelling some of them, but I want to make sure I get them locked in. I'll be ready to go at 6am tomorrow!

HOW DID IT GO?!?!?!!?!? Plans on plans on plans. I love it! If you're worried about counter service crowds (and at that time, i totally get it), but we did the order ahead once or twice last trip and REALLY loved it. Something to think about!
Have a great time in Phoenix:)
thanks! We are excited!
I'm also trying for California Grill on our second night; will this be hard to get? Not sure. What do you think about booking dinner on Christmas night -- is that also really hard to do? I guess I'll find out!
Okay, what am I missing about Garden Grill? Is it amazing?! Christmas night. Not sure if it'll be hard, but I'd definitely make that reservation first! You don't want anyone getting hangry waiting around for food on the happiest day of the year!
I love spreadsheets, too! I have multiple tabs and color code things.... My family makes fun of me but they appreciate my organization.
See! make all the fun you want, but you'll be coming to me when you need to organize your thoug
Okay, so dummy me didn't realize I actually have two sets of reservations - one from 12/18-12/20 and the other from 12/20-12/24. Long story as to why, but I had thought our TA was able to link them.
Aw man! I wish I remember how this worked out for us when we went in 2018. We had 2 reservations because we did room only the first night. I'm sure i probably had to wait until 180 from when our package started. But we also considered breaking it up even further that trip and take Gia off of our trip when she'd be with her mom. We ended up not doing that, but now i wonder if that would've been something we would've had to deal with, too. But reservations look great! I didn't know you could reserve at Liberty Tree Tavern for lunch!
I had no problem getting any of those, but... there was no availability for Garden Grill PPO on either of those days :( Hoping for better luck with that on Sunday.
Seriously, I need to hear more about the Garden Grill. I've never been interested until now.
( it'll always be dtd to me)
ALWAYS!!!!
then got a fab deal a few years back for the Yacht Club and well we are now ruined for life!
We just started talking, pending all goes well with Jimmy's new job, about doing a Fontenot Family trip for Mardi Gras next year just us and both kids. And I always lean towards Pop because it's cheap and easy, but the Mermaid rooms at AoA would be special. Then I thought, but I've always wanted to stay at Fort Wilderness Lodge. All finances pending, of course! But I just know if we go down the FWL road... there's no turning back! We will be spoiled for life.

HOW DID IT GO?!?!?!!?!? Plans on plans on plans. I love it! If you're worried about counter service crowds (and at that time, i totally get it), but we did the order ahead once or twice last trip and REALLY loved it. Something to think about!
That's a great idea, we haven't tried mobile ordering yet, but I've heard it's great and I'm sure we will give it a try on this trip!
Okay, what am I missing about Garden Grill? Is it amazing?!
Not sure how good the food is actually :o, but I wanted a pre-park opening breakfast at Epcot, and with 3 boys Akershus isn't on the list :) And I did get it on the 23rd!! (I'll explain further down). So here's my plan, Epcot doesn't open until 9:00am that morning (at least as of now), we have an 8:10am reservation. We'll eat, try to be in the first wave of people on Soarin', scoot over to Test Track (which we can do single rider if there's a big line), and maybe hit a few of the minor rides in Future World. Then I'll make our FPs for Magic Kingdom that day - we'll head over there for the afternoon.
Aw man! I wish I remember how this worked out for us when we went in 2018. We had 2 reservations because we did room only the first night. I'm sure i probably had to wait until 180 from when our package started. But we also considered breaking it up even further that trip and take Gia off of our trip when she'd be with her mom. We ended up not doing that, but now i wonder if that would've been something we would've had to deal with, too.
So, this ended up working out okay. I had emailed my TA about something different on Thursday evening, and when she responded to that she added that her manager was going to combine our reservations Friday morning. And wouldn't you know it, by 11am yesterday they were all linked together! I was able to get on and book the rest of my reservations yesterday afternoon! Here's what I did:
12/21 Lunch - Grand Floridian Cafe (really want to see this resort all decorated for Christmas! :lovestruc)
12/21 Dinner - The Plaza in Magic Kingdom
12/22 Lunch - 50s Prime Time
12/22 Dinner - Yak & Yeti
12/23 Breakfast - Garden Grill (8:10am - woohoo!)
12/23 Dinner - The Wave at the Contemporary
I'm probably going to drop at least a couple of these - so much food!!! - but I wanted to get them and then we'll decide as we get closer to the trip.
But reservations look great! I didn't know you could reserve at Liberty Tree Tavern for lunch!
I love LTT for lunch! You can still get the all you can eat (I think it's called the Patriot's Platter??), but you can also get other food. They have a great entree salad, and burgers - and the deserts are fabulous.
We just started talking, pending all goes well with Jimmy's new job, about doing a Fontenot Family trip for Mardi Gras next year just us and both kids. And I always lean towards Pop because it's cheap and easy, but the Mermaid rooms at AoA would be special. Then I thought, but I've always wanted to stay at Fort Wilderness Lodge. All finances pending, of course! But I just know if we go down the FWL road... there's no turning back! We will be spoiled for life.
Fingers crossed for you! That's such a great time of year, before it gets too hot. And we love Pop! I like that you can easily walk to AoA for a change of pace sometimes. But you're right, once you do deluxe, it's hard to come back.

Reactions: DLo
I feel like I'm hijacking your thread, mFont, but just to update (and because I'm so excited), I got all the dining reservations I wanted this morning! I can't believe it. Here's what we're doing:

12/19 Dinner California Grill. Late (8:50pm) on purpose because historically the MVMCP fireworks are at 10pm so we hope it works out to see them from the restaurant.
12/20 Dinner Be Our Guest. We don't have tickets to the party and BoG is only open 4:00-5:55 for non-party-goers, so I was thrilled to get this one!
12/21 Dinner Artist Point Storybook Dining. I've read mixed reviews but we want to see Wilderness Lodge all decorated so figured we'd try it. I hope we like it!
12/22 Breakfast Garden Grill. Got the coveted pre-park opening breakfast (8:05am)! Yaaaaay! We're planning the exact same strategy as jdd, just one day earlier! :thumbsup2
12/23 Lunch Yak & Yeti. Never been here, looking forward to it.
12/24 Hoping for Candlelight Processional package with Teppan Edo lunch. Gotta wait a little longer to book this one.
12/25 Dinner Chefs de France. I was worried about booking a dinner on Christmas, but either it was far enough into our vacation or the restaurant isn't that popular or the ADR fairies were sprinkling pixie dust because I had no trouble getting the exact time I wanted. This is another new one for us. We decided on it largely based on the dessert menu! :rotfl:

Garden Grill. My family loves this restaurant. We have had fantastic service here. It's novel in that it rotates through scenes of The Land (though TBH you don't really see THAT much and it's definitely better on the lower level, but it's still fun), and has Mickey & Pluto (in farmer outfits), Chip & Dale. We aren't really adventurous eaters so the food they have here is to our liking. First time we tried it my youngest could still get the Child's meal, so she had her own separate platter of somewhat more kid-friendly items, though truly she also loved everything on the Adult platter and all five of us shared everything, including hers! The food is served family-style, and after the initial platter of food, the server will ask what you would like more of and will replenish with whatever item(s) you like. So. Much. Food. And so tasty! We've been for dinner I think three times. Most recently I was in WDW with just my youngest and we tried it for breakfast. Loved that, too! So now the whole family will get to try breakfast. The advantage with going before the park opens (as I'm sure you've figured), is that it's in the same building with Soarin' so you can be among the first to ride standby (save that Tier 1 FP+ for something else!) since the park opens at 9:00 & people are just getting through the gates as you are heading downstairs to the ride!

I'm here!!!! Fashionably late but here!!!

I am bummed that we will miss each other in December. We will leave 12/4. So, we miss each other by alot but still.

Because of this, I have had the pleasure of being the show-runner on two of our past trips. But this one, Mom's running point! Although, we are all contributing our opinions...duh. But to me, my Mom is Mary Poppins... Practically Perfect in Every Way. She really is an Angel. With her heading this trip, we've decided to call it
That is so nice. I hope my girls say such things about me one day!

My kids are super cute
That they are!

Outfit planning has been an essential part of our pre-tripping for many years. We take it very seriously.
I am going to need to take notes. My girlfriend that will be with us has similar style to you. So, I may steal some ideas from you!

However, I’m also very organized and I’m a big planner. My first trip to Disney was in 1999. Mom won a trip through work and we left Dad at home and 12-week-old Danielle, too.
Wow! 12 weeks old! I don't think I could have done that. I mean if I had a 3rd kid, I would TOTALLY do it NOW. ha.

His first trip to Disney, ironically, was a trip HE won through work and he and Mom did a weekend alone. I don’t think he was on the first ride before he had pen and paper planning when and how to take the whole family back. He got bit by the Disney Bug!
What goes on in Louisana? Are they just giving away Disney trips? Ha.

She’s finally started talking about it again and I think she may even be stronger now because of it.
I hope it does make her stronger and that she tries again.

So that’s where the plans started. Then I started working on my spreadsheets. I’m a visual person and spreadsheets help me organize my thoughts.
ME Too!!! And typing these PTR helps me process it all as well.

kz7lB9xMenoxrg2SLfsL8PMguCRw5qsVgYCsjNcc-Wvz-UjeSDaeVPg2gak7gBhcdvqTlj7uLqyPgScuEWCRC9ofk6Ylox0eqFJ0ddmKQvqPAAKhuuHYkhTUbObWrjxuz5SzIPeN
Love it.

For that first night, Mom really wants to shoot for the new BBQ Table Service in DHS, but reservations haven’t opened up yet for that
What, is this to be open by Decemeber? I might have to add this as a possiblity.

Same situation for the next night. There’s a new Space restaurant opening with no reservations showing yet. So Dad really wants to do Coral Reef. That was the plan for booking.
I def want to do this, too!

So we are wanting to do the Storybook Dining at Artist’s Point in the Fort Wilderness Lodge. We’ll dine with Snow White and some dwarfs, and MY GOD THE FOOD looks amazing.
umm. This is literally my plan as well!!!! We are going to MK on a party night, doing the park all day and then head to dinner at WL! Great minds think alike!!!!

ALl your plans so far sound great! And delish.

12/19 Dinner California Grill. Late (8:50pm) on purpose because historically the MVMCP fireworks are at 10pm so we hope it works out to see them from the restaurant.
We've done Ohana in trips past late for the same reason. and they play the music from the show and it's magical!
12/21 Dinner Artist Point Storybook Dining. I've read mixed reviews but we want to see Wilderness Lodge all decorated so figured we'd try it. I hope we like it!
I'm really excited about Artist Point, plus my Dad really wants to have dinner with Grumpy... since he's Grumpy. I wanna make JP a shirt that says "I'm with Grumpy" and a mickey hand pointing to my dad.
12/22 Breakfast Garden Grill. Got the coveted pre-park opening breakfast (8:05am)! Yaaaaay! We're planning the exact same strategy as jdd, just one day earlier! :thumbsup2
Okay, I've gotta try this. This has my dad written all over it!
12/24 Hoping for Candlelight Processional package with Teppan Edo lunch. Gotta wait a little longer to book this one.
Oh That's something i'd LOOOOOOOVE to do. Since we have a Toddler this trip, I didn't see the value in trying to sit through it. But my goodness, ONE DAY!
12/25 Dinner Chefs de France. I was worried about booking a dinner on Christmas, but either it was far enough into our vacation or the restaurant isn't that popular or the ADR fairies were sprinkling pixie dust because I had no trouble getting the exact time I wanted. This is another new one for us. We decided on it largely based on the dessert menu! :rotfl:
MAGICALLLLLL!!!!!
The advantage with going before the park opens (as I'm sure you've figured), is that it's in the same building with Soarin' so you can be among the first to ride standby (save that Tier 1 FP+ for something else!) since the park opens at 9:00 & people are just getting through the gates as you are heading downstairs to the ride!
NEED TO TRY THIS!
:wave2:
Wow! 12 weeks old! I don't think I could have done that. I mean if I had a 3rd kid, I would TOTALLY do it NOW. ha.
Now that I've had one of mine own, I dont know how she did it. But she did it for me and my brother, and I can appreciate that!
::yes::
What, is this to be open by Decemeber? I might have to add this as a possiblity.
No clue! I've googled and googled and googled and no news yet.
umm. This is literally my plan as well!!!! We are going to MK on a party night, doing the park all day and then head to dinner at WL! Great minds think alike!!!!
Well, it's a GOOD PLAN! I'm hoping to hit the campfires after dinner, too.

I'm totally wearing that outfit again, but I got some rose earrings to accent.

I do think that the key to successful Bounding IS the accessories! They make it so there is a lot less guessing.

So that’s where the plans started. Then I started working on my spreadsheets. I’m a visual person and spreadsheets help me organize my thoughts.

I MUST have spreadsheets, especially if it involves anyone other than me! And even if it IS just me, it's SO much easier to see it all on one place.

There’s a new Space restaurant opening with no reservations showing yet

I cannot WAIT to try this!! Super excited for it!

This is where we started to work on our “ADR POA”... advanced dining reservation plan of attack. We also found out that online reservations open up 180 days out (plus 10 for your trip) at 6am Orlando time, before the phones opened up. So we were planning on waking up for 5am our time, and all hitting the computers so we could get the best stuff we could.

I think we had a really good plan of attack. Right now the 2 lap tops are right next to each other. Danielle and I could talk our way through the reservations.

Same situation for the next night. There’s a new Space restaurant opening with no reservations showing yet. So Dad really wants to do Coral Reef. That was the plan for booking.

DH is such a creature of habit. If he had his way we would eat at the same places every trip. We had a rule for this trip, everyone could pick one place they absolutely wanted to do and we would do it as long as no one was totally against it. It would have been easy for all the girls to gang up on him if needed.

This is a 2 credit meal. SO THESE BUTTHEADS ARE GOING WITHOUT ME! But Dad’s never done the dinner and JP is going to be SO EXCITED. I’m sad I’ll miss it, but it just wouldn’t work with our plan on my MK day with the family.

She makes it sound so awful. She was originally going to be with us that day and would have been with us. We just couldn't take seeing the Beast away from JP.

Now Dad has no intention of sharing, we know this.

He has stated several times he's not sharing. He's also the person that looks around at everyone's plate asking if they're finished and if there is food left it's free game for him.

One thing I REALLY want to try is the campfires at FWL.

I've always wanted to try this but it has never worked out.

We’ll dine with Snow White and some dwarfs, and MY GOD THE FOOD looks amazing. Then if we have time, I’d love to see the campfires and I know Mom would love to resort hop and see holiday sights.

Danielle and I want to tour the monorail resorts and see the Christmas decorations. JP may be going back with DH.

So Dad basically wasn’t okay with this trip unless we do TREX. No pressure, right? Just need to get the earliest lunch time possible so we don’t MISS OUR MAGICAL EXPRESS or FLIGHT!

This is so true. DH will not go without taking JP to TREX. He's already been advised that he will have to get JP a Build a Dino.

We woke up early, Mom and Danielle each on a computer.

We were a team.

So I was useless, but Danielle was able to get the BOG dinner!

She was the hero of the day.

Now this puts up 1 over on CS credits, but who cares!

And under 1 on TS so I suggested Michelle take JP to the Tusker House breakfast on our AK day since he liked it so much on our last trip.

Apparently they tried it once, but didn’t have reservations yet, and Mom couldn’t lie… and they were denied entry into that part of the park. HAHAHA!!!

Yes, I'm honest to a fault. We had an ADR for Storybook dining but it was for 9:30. I asked if we could go in since we had an ADR and he was going to let us in but when he asked me what time I just couldn't lie. We ended up doing the mad dash at rope drop for the Frozen ride then staying for breakfast.

Also note that there may have not been the original times we chose when we booked. In the past 2 days we’ve been able to go and MODIFY our times. So once you book it, it may only show you 3 available dinner times. Book it, go to change reservation, Modify… and BOOM! Options open up. Made our lives that much easier.

Modify is your friend! I can't say that enough and the app worked great for modifying. I was modifying in between reps at he gym that afternoon.

I married a Grumpy but he's my Grumpy and I love him (most of the time ):goodvibes

He totally owns up to being Grumpy and we still love him.

Interesting = fun, right! 'Twill be grand sure how could it not be with that adorable wee dude :thumbsup2

I think he'll be great but DH is worried.

Absolutely the way to go when on holidays. Anything for a quiet life plus on vacation normal rules don't apply like I may have allowed my wee son to have fries and ice-cream for dinner in the American Pavilion at Epcot if he promised to sit peacefully through dinner in 9 dragons just because I NEEDED SOMETHING OTHER THAN FRIES!!!

I have a feeling we'll be doing lots of bribing with sweets. And right now french fries are his favorite food.

I am so excited for you all. I have never done any of the parties but I'd absolutely love to do this one! Cannot wait to hear all about it (and everything else).

I'm supper excited about the party! We have our tickets and Michelle should be getting her soon. I purchased them through Undercover Tourist and saved a little bit.

:) Some things I'd love to go back to. (like not having back issues...) Many I wouldn't.

I thought about this and I would like my pre-babies body back.

Looks great! I've been working on my spreadsheets for the last two hours. My biggest challenge is getting a pre-park opening breakfast reservation. I'd really like to get Garden Grill, and I'm completely flexible on the day, but still not sure it will be available. So I have plans that change each day based on if we do, or don't, get that. Then I have a whole other set if we can't get it at all! I'm also planning two reservations for almost all of our days (all dinners, then varying breakfast and lunch) because I'm afraid of counter service crowds. I may ending changing/cancelling some of them, but I want to make sure I get them locked in. I'll be ready to go at 6am tomorrow!

Sounds like you're having as much fun planning as we did.

RIGHT, don't use the app! I will definitely be doing this from my computer.
I'm trying for Be Our Guest on our very first night so I'm pretty certain it'll be impossible and have a couple of alternatives lined up. I'm also trying for California Grill on our second night; will this be hard to get? Not sure. What do you think about booking dinner on Christmas night -- is that also really hard to do? I guess I'll find out!

Good luck! Can't wait to hear how you did.

I love spreadsheets, too! I have multiple tabs and color code things.... My family makes fun of me but they appreciate my organization. I have all my ADRs sorted in priority order, ready for Saturday morning. I'm trying for a PPO breakfast at Garden Grill, too. On Dec. 22nd, which is the 4th day of our trip. Good luck to you tomorrow!!

You're very organized!

That's a great idea, we haven't tried mobile ordering yet, but I've heard it's great and I'm sure we will give it a try on this trip!

Mobile ordering was great last trip. I'm looking forward to using it again.

Not sure how good the food is actually :o, but I wanted a pre-park opening breakfast at Epcot, and with 3 boys Akershus isn't on the list :) And I did get it on the 23rd!! (I'll explain further down). So here's my plan, Epcot doesn't open until 9:00am that morning (at least as of now), we have an 8:10am reservation. We'll eat, try to be in the first wave of people on Soarin', scoot over to Test Track (which we can do single rider if there's a big line), and maybe hit a few of the minor rides in Future World. Then I'll make our FPs for Magic Kingdom that day - we'll head over there for the afternoon.

This is a great plan of attack. You're going to get the best use or FPs and time.

12/21 Lunch - Grand Floridian Cafe (really want to see this resort all decorated for Christmas! :lovestruc)

Me too! I can't wait to see the Gingerbread House.

12/21 Dinner - The Plaza in Magic Kingdom

Another place I want to try.

12/22 Lunch - 50s Prime Time

I really like Prime Time but I haven't been able to get DH to go back here.

12/23 Breakfast - Garden Grill (8:10am - woohoo!)

:yay:

12/23 Dinner - The Wave at the Contemporary

Another place on my list to try.

I'm probably going to drop at least a couple of these - so much food!!! - but I wanted to get them and then we'll decide as we get closer to the trip.

Same here, better to be safe than sorry.

I love LTT for lunch! You can still get the all you can eat (I think it's called the Patriot's Platter??), but you can also get other food. They have a great entree salad, and burgers - and the deserts are fabulous.

Danielle and I ate her in 2009 for dinner on a trip that DH and Michelle didn't join us. I enjoyed the dinner but would really like to try the lunch.

Another great plan.

12/20 Dinner Be Our Guest. We don't have tickets to the party and BoG is only open 4:00-5:55 for non-party-goers, so I was thrilled to get this one!

I'm so happy you got this. We'll be in MK this day too.

I wanted to go here so we could see the decorations too. You'll be there the day after us.

Great minds and planners!

12/23 Lunch Yak & Yeti. Never been here, looking forward to it.

We've been here for lunch and dinner. I like the apps more than the meals.

I read these open up tomorrow! Fingers crossed you get what you want.

I've never been here but it sounds good.

:welcome: I'm so glad you're here.

I am bummed that we will miss each other in December. We will leave 12/4. So, we miss each other by alot but still.

If you go in February again maybe you'll see Michelle and her group.

That is so nice. I hope my girls say such things about me one day!

Of all my kids Michelle says the nicest things. Danielle and I are still butting heads but maybe someday we'll get to there too.

I am going to need to take notes. My girlfriend that will be with us has similar style to you. So, I may steal some ideas from you!
Disney bounding outfit planning is fun. I have a board set up on my Pinterest for it.

It was hard to leave her especially when I saw others with little ones. Brent & Michelle were so much older. It would have been really hard to see as much as we did in the 3 short days we were there with an infant. Plus it gave us even a bigger reason to go back.

What goes on in Louisana? Are they just giving away Disney trips? Ha.

It sure seems like there were a lot of trips given away at that time. My work trip was the Summer promotion that the company ran every year back then and the payoff just happened to be Disney. DH's work trip was just 2 tickets w/Southwest and 2 nights stay somewhere. There was also a cap on the cost and Disney was the most cost effective for flights and not needing a rental car.

I hope it does make her stronger and that she tries again.

I think it will.

Yes it does. I remember better if I've written or typed it out.

They keep saying this fall so hopefully it will.

I def want to do this, too!

Fingers crossed!

And great planners!

I do think that the key to successful Bounding IS the accessories! They make it so there is a lot less guessing.

I agree. I have a list of accessories I'm slowly making may through, a little here and a little there.

Did you guys see they released more Candlelight Processional narrators? I was hoping for Gary Sinise while we're there, but he's done before we arrive :( The 19th - 21st are still open, so wondering who it will be??

Did you guys see they released more Candlelight Processional narrators? I was hoping for Gary Sinise while we're there, but he's done before we arrive :( The 19th - 21st are still open, so wondering who it will be??

LT. Dan is doing it the full day (they) are in Epcot! I'll miss out. BUT HOW COOL?!?! I said my Dad should ride Mission Space that day to see Lt. Dan twice in one day.

Trip Planning Tools

Just to bring things up to date.

I booked this trip way back on November 30, 2018, more than a year out. Originally it was booked with just DH, JP and me. I have since added Danielle & Michelle. We're going to be a full house once we're all there. I'm still hoping for some kind of discount but we're going no matter what.

We booked our flights the day Southwest opened up booking for our time period. I'm glad we did because I've seen a slight increase in the flights.

I have purchased MVMCP tickets for everyone but Michelle. I can't tell you how excited we are to be doing this! If anyone has any tips please pass them on. I've been following the official thread but any personal information is great to hear.

We've made our first round of ADRs, cancelled and rescheduled a few but I think we're good to go for now. I was very tempted to try and get a Candlelight Processional dinner when they opened up this week but I just don't think a toddler is going to do well with the waiting and sitting through the performance. Hopefully we'll catch a little from the outside. I would have really loved to see Gary Sinise and I love Christmas music. I've been driving my kids crazy with it since they were born.

We've got quite a while before we can make our FPs so what do we do now?

Michelle loves spreadsheets but I'm old school. I've been using a planning notebook and binder for years. The binder is really not for planning but helps to hold information. In the past it held a lot more information than it does now. I use to print out a lot more to bring with us, but now with so many aps I don't need to do that. The binder also helps to hold all the stuff I want to take back from Disney and hopefully use someday in my scrapbooks. The page protectors work great for holding receipts, cards, stickers, postcards and lots of other stuff. The planning notebook gets used so much more. I'm a list maker and that little notebook holds lots of lists along with the thought process behind the lists.

Here are a few of the binders from some of our past trips. Michelle did the artwork. She's really good and I'm hoping she does one for this trip(hint, hint, wink, wink)
DSC_0282.JPGDSC_0283.JPGDSC_0284.JPG

Here are a few of my past planning notebooks too. Michelle did the covers too.

DSC_0281.JPG

The planning notebook has the list of ADRs, what we wanted and what we got. I've started list of some of the Christmas stuff I want to try to see or do. I've started a list of stuff for the Christmas Party based on last years party. I'm working on my list of regular and Christmas snacks to try, as it gets closer to the Holiday season I'm sure they will be putting more snacks out. Anyone have any suggestions? I have more room on my lists. I have my ideas for outfits too. I'm still working on what I may try to "Disney Bound" but I'm also thinking there needs to be some holiday outfits too. Then I have the boring lists, you know the packing list. I hate when I forget something but it always happens. I have a running list of things I need to purchase along with the list of things that still need to be done. I also have a list of things to be done the week before we go to make sure I don't try to jam it all in on the last day. It really helps that I can go back to prior notebooks to see what I had on prior lists. There is also a budget list. I have a list of photos I want to try and get and stuff I want to buy while I'm there. And last but not least is our FPs planning. I'm hoping this will help keep me busy until we go. We only have 160 more sleeps!

I do still have more research to do and that's where the DIS, DISERS and all the wonderful websites help. I like using WDINFO, Allears.net, Touring plans & Touring lines & Character Locator(Kenny the Pirate). As we get closer to going and I start putting together my daily schedule( I do not plan for every minute) I like wdwent.com to look at what entertainment is going on. His schedules are usually pretty good. I'm really worried about using rider switch since I've never done it and I know it has changed recently. Any pointers especially if we're using a FPs?

Well I think I have rambled enough. I am interested in hearing what others use or do for their planning?

I have purchased MVMCP tickets for everyone but Michelle
Because she was bad?
If anyone has any tips please pass them on.
Hmmm... Not to be missed. The parade. (even if you're not into parades, this ranks as a Disney gem.) I normally also say the fireworks, but they're changing them this year. If they're half as good as Hallowishes, then make sure you see them from the hub. Trust me.
Otherwise... trick or treating is fun, make sure you pass by HM early enough in the evening to catch Mme Carlotta. She's wonderful. Get a map of all the magic shots available, they're pretty cool. :)
Decide if rare characters are important to you. If so... get in line early... like... really early for the one you want and hope for the best for any others.
I'm working on my list of regular and Christmas snacks to try, as it gets closer to the Holiday season I'm sure they will be putting more snacks out. Anyone have any suggestions?
I've only done one MVMCP and don't recall the snacks being hard to get or (unfortunately) all that memorable. For me, the big deal was snow on Main St. That was fun... even for this northerner.

Because she was bad?

Because she's a big girl and can buy her own ticket.

Hmmm... Not to be missed. The parade. (even if you're not into parades, this ranks as a Disney gem.) I normally also say the fireworks, but they're changing them this year. If they're half as good as Hallowishes, then make sure you see them from the hub. Trust me.
Otherwise... trick or treating is fun, make sure you pass by HM early enough in the evening to catch Mme Carlotta. She's wonderful. Get a map of all the magic shots available, they're pretty cool. :)
Decide if rare characters are important to you. If so... get in line early... like... really early for the one you want and hope for the best for any others.

All very good tips for the Halloween party but I'm going to the Christmas party.

I've only done one MVMCP and don't recall the snacks being hard to get or (unfortunately) all that memorable. For me, the big deal was snow on Main St. That was fun... even for this northerner.

I'm looking forward to snow on Main Street. I'm thinking it must be like the snow they use to do @ the Osborne Lights.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter