Oh it's a Jolly Holiday with Masseys, a Pre Trip Report

I'm so sorry I haven't been commenting all week. I'm scrambling to get work stuff finished out, Christmas organized and at least start thinking about packing for our trip!! I can't believe it's here already and you're leaving today :flower: :dogdance::cheer2: And I can't believe we only have 4 mores sleeps until our trip begins :faint:

All of your plans sound fantastic, and it's going to be the best trip! I really hope we run into you around the resort, it would be nice to be able to say hi in person.

And can I ask advice regarding my trip? We really want to hit DHS early at least three of our days so we can get on RoR (we are all pretty big Star Wars fans), and I'm torn as to whether we should plan to Uber, or bite the bullet and get a rental car? Any suggestions?

Have a fantastically magical trip :tink:

Great picture! Have fun in Epcot today (still jealous that Gary Sinise is your candlelight processional narrator - even if you're not going :) )

And can I ask advice regarding my trip? We really want to hit DHS early at least three of our days so we can get on RoR (we are all pretty big Star Wars fans), and I'm torn as to whether we should plan to Uber, or bite the bullet and get a rental car? Any suggestions?

We are hoping to do the same. The gondolas and the busses should start running at 6am, but I assume you're wanting to go earlier. I'm not sure how soon you can order a Minnie Van or uber, but I can almost promise it'll be less than a daily rate on a rental car, too. We've done rental cars one way from our home to the airport when my husband flies out and somehow we never get out of less than a $80 bill for something he had a few hours. It's really whatever makes you feel most comfortable and confident in it. I'd try the uber situation the first time you want to go and if you don't get the results you wanted, then maybe consider a better way to approach it since you're trying to go multiple days! if you do make it on RoR TELL US EVERYTHING!!!!!

Awww what a gorgeous photo of you all :love:
Glad travel day went well. You all look so happy and relaxed. I feel for you Michelle - I'm sure you're just itching to get there but what a great mum you are for letting JP and everyone else have such fun :goodvibes Hoping time speeds by until you are with them :thumbsup2

We are hoping to do the same. The gondolas and the busses should start running at 6am, but I assume you're wanting to go earlier. I'm not sure how soon you can order a Minnie Van or uber, but I can almost promise it'll be less than a daily rate on a rental car, too. We've done rental cars one way from our home to the airport when my husband flies out and somehow we never get out of less than a $80 bill for something he had a few hours. It's really whatever makes you feel most comfortable and confident in it. I'd try the uber situation the first time you want to go and if you don't get the results you wanted, then maybe consider a better way to approach it since you're trying to go multiple days! if you do make it on RoR TELL US EVERYTHING!!!!!

Thank you so much for the advice! We did decide to cancel the rental car. I remembered that we have to pay a parking fee at the resort now :headache: which would add another $78 to the cost. And I think it'll actually be less stressful to me to just do the uber. So the plan for Thursday is a 5:30/5:45 Uber which should get us to the park by 6am (I hope that's early enough -I just read on another thread that a Dis'er is planning on getting to DHS at 5am :faint: ) Fingers crossed!!!

I should know this from your plans, but have you arrived yet? Safe travels and have a magical vacation!

So I’m sitting at the airport now waiting for jimmy to arrive. We landed a few hours ago. Everyone else is already home. What a great trip!!! So many fun and exciting things to share, but that’ll have to wait until our trip report! I hope everyone else that was going had as magical a trip as we did and can’t wait to swap stories and tips and tricks!
Now we have to focus on Christmas.

I kept looking at all the Christmas decor on our trip and it just didn’t feel like Christmas. I mean it was gorgeous, but that overwhelming “cheer” of hearing Christmas music didn’t really spark me. Then it hit me...Christmas is a feeling for me. It’s this incredible joy. It’s giving. It’s togetherness. It’s peace on earth and goodwill towards men. The reason it didn’t feel like Christmas at Disney is because that’s the same feeling of Disney Magic all year round!!! It’s the small acts of kindness everywhere you turn that we call “magic” or “pixie dust”. And THAT is why we keep going back.

So merry Christmas to everyone!!! I hope it’s filled with cheer and magic and TOGETHERNESS, because I’m learning these days that that’s the most important part of it all! Now I have to go... picking up my husband so we can all be together too!

So happy you had a great trip and even happier for you that Jimmy is on his way so you can all be together :hug:
Wishing you and all the family a very merry Christmas and much health and happiness in 2020 :goodvibes

What a great trip!!!
Great!
I kept looking at all the Christmas decor on our trip and it just didn’t feel like Christmas. I mean it was gorgeous, but that overwhelming “cheer” of hearing Christmas music didn’t really spark me. Then it hit me...Christmas is a feeling for me. It’s this incredible joy. It’s giving. It’s togetherness. It’s peace on earth and goodwill towards men. The reason it didn’t feel like Christmas at Disney is because that’s the same feeling of Disney Magic all year round!!! It’s the small acts of kindness everywhere you turn that we call “magic” or “pixie dust”. And THAT is why we keep going back.
Aww... :hug:
So merry Christmas to everyone!!!
Merry Christmas to you too!

Yes we're all back! I'm at work today. I spent the entire day yesterday trying to get all the laundry done (which I did not do) and cleaning house. Tonight is our annual cookie decorating night. So much still to do but it should be fun. Hopefully we can get the trip report started after the holidays. Michelle said it perfectly, although we heard Christmas music everywhere and saw beautiful decorations it didn't feel like Christmas. I think there is also a lot of stress related to Christmas and when I go to Disney I don't think about the stress of life, I just live in the here and now in the bubble.

Merry Christmas everyone and Happy Holidays!

Yes we're all back! I'm at work today. I spent the entire day yesterday trying to get all the laundry done (which I did not do) and cleaning house. Tonight is our annual cookie decorating night. So much still to do but it should be fun. Hopefully we can get the trip report started after the holidays. Michelle said it perfectly, although we heard Christmas music everywhere and saw beautiful decorations it didn't feel like Christmas. I think there is also a lot of stress related to Christmas and when I go to Disney I don't think about the stress of life, I just live in the here and now in the bubble.

Merry Christmas everyone and Happy Holidays!
Welcome home!
And... Merry Christmas!

Oh no! I didn't know that. Your report is the next one I'm going to get caught up on. I'll be thinking and praying for you. I hope you get some much needed relief.:hug:

I'll look forward to seeing you there! Been a bit of a setback with things, as you've seen on FB. :(

I'm really hoping to catch the Main Street Trolley show or the Dapper Dans.

My faves!! Curious about whether you got to see them and the many other wonderful things you had hoped for! Welcome home and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

Welcome home!
And... Merry Christmas!

Thank you! I hope you're Christmas was Merry! I bet you made lots of delicious food.

I'll look forward to seeing you there! Been a bit of a setback with things, as you've seen on FB. :(

I was almost caught up right before we left. I'm going to keep reading until I'm up to date. I have been seeing your updates on FB. I hope it's getting better. My sister had her neck operated on twice and it took her awhile to get better.

My faves!! Curious about whether you got to see them and the many other wonderful things you had hoped for! Welcome home and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

It was hit and miss but you'll have to wait until the report to see what we did catch.

5D1E08DD-A153-4294-AC98-067CFEF662AC.jpeg

I love this! Hope your Holidays have been good!

Might have made a thing or two... :)

I bet you did. You're such a great cook.

Welcome Back!!!! Sounds like you guys had a great trip! Can't wait to hear all about it!

We did have a great trip. Michelle is working on the introduction page now. Hopefully we can get it started soon.

Happy New Year Everyone 🎉
Hope you’re all recovered from the festivities and that you all had a great time. Wishing you much health and happiness for 2020

Happy New Year to you too! Wishing you Health and Happiness in 2020 too!

We've been bust getting Danielle ready to leave for her DCP. We start driving in 17 days! She has started packing and washing all her bedding and stuff. She has also been working on her room decorations. She wants to go with a "Princess and the Frog" theme since it's set in Louisiana. We've been compiling out pictures and saving our Photopass pictures. I think I still need to get whatever pictures DH took on his phone. Lots of great memories made! Stay tuned for the start of the actual trip reports. We'll post a link once it's up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter