Oh it's a Jolly Holiday with Masseys, a Pre Trip Report

Love all the Halloween outfits and you really do give the BEST parties! I’ve never seen Coco either - must rectify that :confused3 Not quite sure how I missed out as I know the kids have seen it. Think they must have gone together ( without me:sad:).
I’m guessing Pocohantas for your Disney bounding outfit. Looks great btw. As far as JP packing all the usual stuff plus medicine as @afwdwfan said plus we always had one of those wee kiddie backpacks that have a detachable handstrap ( great for allowing kids the freedom of walking alone without holding your hand and still being safe) that we would put some wee figures and snacks in plus the pocket magnadoodle ( great for scribbling and “magically” making scribbles disappear). We always put whatever sleep toy in there too so there was no chance of it getting lost in transit. My youngest loved the toy story figures and happily spent hours entertaining himself with those during travel and dinners. You can now say you’re going next month! Woohoo!

That party looks like a lot of fun! Nice job! I'm going to guess Pocahontas, looks pretty comfy!
Thank you and YES! I didn't plan on wearing it with leggings, but as I did it, I'm like... okay, new disneybounding rule: stop spending money AND make it as comfy as possible. Disneybounding athleisure wear should be a thing!
Lookit you with your red hair!
Obviously, I like it, but what does everyone else in the fam think?
Thank you! I'm really digging it. My husband loves it! Gia LOVES it. It's definitely been FUN!
We have this at home quite frequently.
This morning I put a sweater on him with a fox face. He said "mama I'm Swiper the Fox! Swiper, no swiping!" I'm like it's not Halloween anymo.... aw heck, YES BABY YOU ARE SWIPER THE FOX TODAY.
By the way, I love the Ironman in boots look.
Well he was Jake in boots at first and he saw that I packed Iron Man (just in case he got antsy and something was itchy or whatever other complaint a toddler might have. And he dropped down and changed right there at the table we were eating our lunch at, at the zoo.
Love all the Halloween outfits and you really do give the BEST parties!
Thank ya, thank ya! I love a good excuse to be extra and party.
I’ve never seen Coco either - must rectify that :confused3 Not quite sure how I missed out as I know the kids have seen it. Think they must have gone together ( without me:sad:).
You've gotta see it! It's on Netflix now, but I'm sure will be on Disney Plus soon, too.
I’m guessing Pocohantas for your Disney bounding outfit.
YES YES YES! I'm so glad everyone can tell. That makes me happy.
we would put some wee figures and snacks in plus the pocket magnadoodle ( great for scribbling and “magically” making scribbles disappear).
The magnadoodle! What a great idea! I bring an LCD pad that does the same thing when we go to dinner or church. He and Gia like to play restaurant with it. "What's your order? What drink you want?"
Yessss with that hair girl! Red suits you.
THANK YOUUUUU! I'm digging it, for sure. Already almost time for a freshen up!
I had a friend of mine come over and do our fall family pictures (for free) in our backyard while Jimmy was home. And I forget about the red until I see it in pictures.

This was my model pose.

And these are the cutest kids in the whole wide world. It would only be a more fitting picture if Gia was rolling her eyes or something LOL

I can finally say (on tomorrow) that we’ll be in Disney NEXT MONTH!

And now we can say we're going to Disney NEXT MONTH!!!!!!

This morning for Halloween, he changed 3 times before deciding on no costume, just his Lightening McQueen jacket and Iron Man hand and Mask. And that was in less than 15 minutes.

He's such a DIVA. I wonder where he gets it from?

Totally reusing this as a backup outfit for disney.

It's perfect for Disney.

I sent Mom the picture and her first response was “HOW TALL IS HE WITH THE HAT AND BOOTS?!”

A perfectly reasonable reaction.

… she’s plotting to stretch him before our trip so he can ride Slinky Dog. He’s a little over 37 inches with the hat and boots.

We're making progress.

His cousin, Tracy, is about my age. Her birthday is on Halloween, and for making this trip she would be missing the annual autism walk in Phoenix. She was really upset about that, because she has autism and it’s really important to her. So we promised her a birthday party in Baton Rouge, and Jimmy’s birthday is next week, so we did a combined party for them.

Tracey is such a sweetheart. I'm so glad we got to be a part of making her birthday special.

So I said I’d throw the party at my house (we all know how extra I can be) and I really wanted her to enjoy it.

Yes we know your talent for "being extra".

We had a really good time! We did pin the skull on the skeleton and we roasted marshmallows in the firepit outside. It was a good time.

Michelle throws the best parties.

The hardest part of outfit planning is not only finding something that works with what you have in mind… but that FITS and that fits YOU well and that you’re COMFORTABLE in

I'm having a real hard time. Things look good in my head but not on my body.

I know this isn’t mom’s first rodeo, but trying to anticipate his needs along with how they work is going to be a learning curve for us all.

No this isn't our first rodeo. We took Danielle for the first time when she was 3. We will also be 3 adults to one 2 year old until Michelle gets there.

I like the way she thinks.

Thank you!!!

Pretty much everything you'd normally take anywhere for a toddler. I can't really think of particulars, but it is always nice to have children's medicine on hand in case it is needed. Probably some of his favorite snacks as well. Maybe a favorite toy from home or something if he ever tends to get homesick/upset being away?

Thanks for the tips. We're working on our packing list right now.

I’ve never seen Coco either - must rectify that

You need to see it. It's so much better than I thought it was going to be.

As far as JP packing all the usual stuff plus medicine as @afwdwfan said plus we always had one of those wee kiddie backpacks that have a detachable handstrap ( great for allowing kids the freedom of walking alone without holding your hand and still being safe) that we would put some wee figures and snacks in plus the pocket magnadoodle ( great for scribbling and “magically” making scribbles disappear). We always put whatever sleep toy in there too so there was no chance of it getting lost in transit. My youngest loved the toy story figures and happily spent hours entertaining himself with those during travel and dinners.

Thanks for the tips. I have a small Buzz Lightyear we picked up at the Disney Store and some cars from Cars. I was thinking they would be good for the portable backpack.

We're getting so close and we have so much going on.

DH & I made a quick trip to Austin, Tx this weekend to see our DS and DIL. By quick I don't mean the drive, it was 7 1/2 hours there and 8 1/2 on the way back thanks to traffic. It was quick in the fact that we were there less than 24 hours. They purchased their first home the firs week of September. We had been wanting to come see them and the house and bring them some stuff but couldn't due to LSU football. DH runs a restaurant right next to campus and due to how busy they get on game days has to work, on top of that he's been short a manager hasn't been able to take a weekend off. This past week he finally got another manager and this weekend was an open date. We're really glad we got to go and enjoyed seeing them and our niece and grand-niece that live there too. We'll being seeing them all again for Thanksgiving.

That's our next big project: Hosting a very large family Thanksgiving. DH's family is coming in for Thanksgiving from Arkansas and Texas. We're expecting 19 out of town guest plus us and our family that is local. We have figured out sleeping arrangements and now need to work on food, fun and decorations. On top of all of that we'll be leaving for Disney 13 days after everyone leaves. :scared1:

And of course we're still working on Disney planning.

DH & I made a quick trip to Austin, Tx this weekend to see our DS and DIL.
Nice! :)
That's our next big project: Hosting a very large family Thanksgiving. DH's family is coming in for Thanksgiving from Arkansas and Texas. We're expecting 19 out of town guest plus us and our family that is local.
Holy smokes!!!! :eek: :faint:

Wow that's one BIG dinner party! Sure at least they're all family so they already love you and you can give them jobs to do/food to make under the guise of making them feel at home lol :rotfl: That's what my mum used to do when we had family for Christmas (or anytime really) and somehow she made it seem like she was complimenting you by asking :confused3:rotfl2:
Hope you have a great Thanksgiving and then -woohoo Disneyworld here you come!!!!

We're at 55 sleeps now and still have lots of things to do and get organized. Time just seems to have sped up.
YEAH!!!! It really will go by fast now with the holidays coming!

And these are the cutest kids in the whole wide world. It would only be a more fitting picture if Gia was rolling her eyes or something LOL
So cute! Morgan has that shirt as well.

Absolutely gorgeous photos 😍
Boy those kids are getting so grown up!
I agree with everyone else- you suit the red hair lovely lady :goodvibes
Thank ya, thank ya! They're getting so big. TOO BIG! Gia's really coming into her own and JP is starting to be hell on wheels.
That party was over-the-top!! WOW!!! I need to throw one like that!
All my parties are over the top. And I know it. And i'm accumulating so much crap from it all LOL
And now we can say we're going to Disney NEXT MONTH!!!!!!
AHHHHHH!!!!!!
He's such a DIVA. I wonder where he gets it from?
Comes by it Honestly
It's perfect for Disney.
...packing it.
Yes we know your talent for "being extra".
You know, Mom, you were the original "extra" mom. I've just taken that and grown with it. But, it's a talent. And I thank you for it! BEST ROOM MOM EVER!
Michelle throws the best parties.
Thank you. Love a good chance to party.
I'm having a real hard time. Things look good in my head but not on my body.
It'll all work out and look great. More importantly, focus on FEELING great. Because even cute outfits aren't cute when they're sweaty and uncomfortable.
AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
So cute! Morgan has that shirt as well.
I'm just happy to get her in a shirt that covers her bum. Every year we have the "leggings are not pants" fight. But she picked this shirt out! And i love it!

Holy smokes!!!! :eek: :faint:

And the numbers keep growing. :eek:

Wow that's one BIG dinner party! Sure at least they're all family so they already love you and you can give them jobs to do/food to make under the guise of making them feel at home lol :rotfl: That's what my mum used to do when we had family for Christmas (or anytime really) and somehow she made it seem like she was complimenting you by asking :confused3:rotfl2:

I like how your Mum thinks. We've asked everyone what they would like to make/bring/purchase. Should have a variety of food.

Hope you have a great Thanksgiving and then -woohoo Disneyworld here you come!!!!

Thank you!!

Down to 36 sleeps! How many for you?

Comes by it Honestly

Yes he does.

You know, Mom, you were the original "extra" mom. I've just taken that and grown with it. But, it's a talent. And I thank you for it! BEST ROOM MOM EVER!

Thank you! But I've said it before and I'll say it again "you're me 2.0". You do it bigger and better.

I had completely forgotten about this thread (and for some reason it doesn't come up in my alerts anymore?) until this morning but now I'm all caught up. It's funny how you can feel like you know people from reading their pre- and trip reports. Congrats to Danielle on the DCP and good luck with that amazing family Thanksgiving you are planning (I will spend the holiday driving 9 hours to Richmond, VA with my 15yo for a field hockey tournament; sigh....).

I'm so glad you got the FP+ you wanted! I was able to get all of mine, too (well not exactly everything perfectly but I'm happy with how it turned out). I think the system is working better than it used to. I was prepared for chaos and to be blocked out of everything but it worked out great.

We will overlap one day of our trip with you! We arrive on 12/19 and will be at the MK on Dec. 20th. Our FP plan that day is Big Thunder (9:55-10:55), Peter Pan (11:20-12:20), Haunted Mansion (12:50-1:50) and then anything else is bonus after that. We have BOG dinner at 5:00 and are not staying for the party. Instead, we're heading over to Fort Wilderness for a holiday sleigh (carriage) ride. I think my mom will love this & I'm hoping we'll see lots of decorations at the campsites.

You guys are so good with dressing up! One year we did tie-dye shirts with Mickey heads and they turned out great, but my girls have long outgrown them. I'm tempted to get matching holiday shirts for this trip but am trying really hard not to spend money before the trip so that I can spend it while I'm ON the trip! So we won't have cute, matching stuff, but that's ok.

I am kind of obsessing about the MVMCP (we're going 12/22) - I am spending as much time thinking about that as I am on the whole rest of the vacation (which I realize is ridiculous but I can't seem to stop). There are SO many things to do and it's gonna go by so fast. My major concern is being sure my mom (who will be in a scooter) can see the parade and fireworks. I know they have handicapped viewing areas, so we'll plan on that (just she and I; I don't want to crowd the area with the other four able-bodied members of my family; they can fend for themselves, lol). But I want to know how early to get there so that they don't fill up! So I'll be asking that on the MVMCP thread sometime soon.

So I just wanted to pop on to say hello and I will try to stay current. Good luck with the packing lists and final plans!

I had completely forgotten about this thread (and for some reason it doesn't come up in my alerts anymore?) until this morning but now I'm all caught up. It's funny how you can feel like you know people from reading their pre- and trip reports. Congrats to Danielle on the DCP and good luck with that amazing family Thanksgiving you are planning (I will spend the holiday driving 9 hours to Richmond, VA with my 15yo for a field hockey tournament; sigh....).

I'm so glad you found us again. I've come to know a lot of different people by reading their pre-trip and trip reports. We're all still thrilled for Danielle and her DCP and still making plans for Thanksgiving. I think we're up to about 40 people. I'm sorry you'll spend your holiday traveling, at least you won't have to cook or clean a kitchen.

I'm so glad you got the FP+ you wanted! I was able to get all of mine, too (well not exactly everything perfectly but I'm happy with how it turned out). I think the system is working better than it used to. I was prepared for chaos and to be blocked out of everything but it worked out great.

Our FPs weren't perfect but I'm ok with them too. I was really worried too. I'm still salty about the DHS limitations.

We will overlap one day of our trip with you! We arrive on 12/19 and will be at the MK on Dec. 20th. Our FP plan that day is Big Thunder (9:55-10:55), Peter Pan (11:20-12:20), Haunted Mansion (12:50-1:50) and then anything else is bonus after that. We have BOG dinner at 5:00 and are not staying for the party. Instead, we're heading over to Fort Wilderness for a holiday sleigh (carriage) ride. I think my mom will love this & I'm hoping we'll see lots of decorations at the campsites.

Hopefully we'll see each other on the Friday in MK. Our FPs that day are centered around JP so we don't match up too well. We have BOG for lunch and leaving early for our diner @ Artist Point. We'll at least be in the same area. Michelle is thinking about doing the campfire @ Ft. Wilderness but I want to got see the Holiday decorations @ the monorail resorts. The carriage rides sound so fun. Maybe the next time.

You guys are so good with dressing up! One year we did tie-dye shirts with Mickey heads and they turned out great, but my girls have long outgrown them. I'm tempted to get matching holiday shirts for this trip but am trying really hard not to spend money before the trip so that I can spend it while I'm ON the trip! So we won't have cute, matching stuff, but that's ok.

I would like to have holiday shirts too but my girls don't like matchy-matchy and DH refuses. I'm trying to restrain myself on spending too. We're reaching the point where it's getting too late to order stuff so that is helping to restrain me.

am kind of obsessing about the MVMCP (we're going 12/22) - I am spending as much time thinking about that as I am on the whole rest of the vacation (which I realize is ridiculous but I can't seem to stop). There are SO many things to do and it's gonna go by so fast. My major concern is being sure my mom (who will be in a scooter) can see the parade and fireworks. I know they have handicapped viewing areas, so we'll plan on that (just she and I; I don't want to crowd the area with the other four able-bodied members of my family; they can fend for themselves, lol). But I want to know how early to get there so that they don't fill up! So I'll be asking that on the MVMCP thread sometime soon.

We're pretty excited about the party too! This will be our first time going. We just watched the DisneyFoodBlog's video on the party. I hope the handicapped area works out, Disney is usually really good about having a good spot for those that need it. I think you and your Mom probably care more about seeing the parade than the others. I hope you get your answer soon.

So I just wanted to pop on to say hello and I will try to stay current. Good luck with the packing lists and final plans!

So much still to do!

Reactions: KSL
Only 30 more sleeps!!!!!

That's right we only have 30 more sleeps before we leave and since our flight takes off at 6 am we won't be doing much sleep the night before. :scared1:

Can I just say we're walking on air and I feel Christmas came early this year because LSU defeated Alabama! If you're an Alabama fan I'm sorry but I just can't help it. I still can't believe LSU actually won. Danielle got an email today asking if she wanted to reserve tickets for the playoff games and the championship game in the student section. Of course prices start at $400+ so, that is not gonna happen.

This trip is getting real. We got this on Tuesday.

Mickey Mail.JPG

On Wednesday I got the email that our Magic Bands had shipped. I also called Magical Express on Wednesday to give them updated flight info, Southwest had changed our return flight number and bumped it up by 5 minutes. I ordered more luggage tags too. I know Michelle and I plan on taking advantage of the 2 bag limit that Southwest gives. The Louis Armstrong New Orleans airport just opened a new terminal. I'm excited and scared. We use to give ourselves about 1 hour before our flight time but now they're saying 2 hours. It's going to take us a little over an hours just to get to the airport from Baton Rouge. I have already reserved and paid for our parking. Michelle has hers set up too. I'm trying to check off as much as I can on my to do list.

Lets talk Ears. I've never been a real big fan of the Ears. I like them and think they are soooo cute but never could bring myself to buy myself some Ears. I've bought Ears for the kids but not for me. I finally worked up the nerve to get a really cute animal print set in Animal Kingdom in 2014 when Danielle and I went with her cheer team. I really liked them Ears but lost them on Kilamanjaro Safairis.:( I will never sit in the last row again. I borrowed a pair of Danielle's Minnie Ears last trip and finally broke down and got myself a new set of Animal Print Ears.

Animal Ears.JPG

I have found Ears are a great way to hold back my hair off my face and help control my very bushy, curly hair.

I purchased 2 pairs of Christmas Ears right after Christmas 2018 when they were marked down. I can't wait to wear these.

Christmas Ears.JPG

I'm hoping to Disney Bound Snow White for the Artist Point Dinner so I ordered these off Jane.com.

Snow White Ears.JPG

And last but not least I finally got me something for my Minnie look. This is my favorite.

Minnie Bow.JPG

It's it just the cutest?

I almost forgot to include this little fun. I found this at the Dollar Tree. I picked up a few for the girls to wear at the party. The lights blink, flash and just light up. Not bad for $1.

Light necklace.JPG

If you look close you can see my LSU blanket. I purchased this when we went to the Championship celebration after they won the 2007 championship. It was held in Tiger Stadium (Death Valley) on a very cold January day. I'm hoping its gets to see another Championship celebration, if not it's not the end of the world, at least we beat Alabama.

I've been working on a list all the Holiday treats I want to try at all the parks and at MVMCP. There are just too many. We are planning to share but there are still too many. I haven't even started looking at the Holiday Kitchen in Epcot. I'm also fine tuning our daily plans. Still need to force DH to sit down and look at the budget for the trip. When you give him cash it just slips through his fingers.

I'm planning on converting my 7 day hopper to an annual pass. I want to do it on our first day to take advantage of some discounts. @pkondz I'm hoping you can give a run down on how you did this and how long did it take. I've also purchased a Memory Maker and I'm hoping that cost goes towards the annual pass too?

What's everyone else up to?

Last edited:
Can I just say we're walking on air and I feel Christmas came early this year because LSU defeated Alabama! If you're an Alabama fan I'm sorry but I just can't help it. I still can't believe LSU actually won.
Congrats... but I have no idea what you're talking about! :laughing:
That's right we only have 30 more sleeps before we leave
Getting close!
This trip is getting real. We got this on Tuesday.
ooooohhh….
We use to give ourselves about 1 hour before our flight time but now they're saying 2 hours.
That's pretty standard, actually.
Lets talk Ears.
What?
I have found Ears are a great way to hold back my hair off my face and help control my very bushy, curly hair.
Me too. I'm the exact same.

:rolleyes1
I've been working on a list all the Holiday treats I want to try at all the parks and at MVMCP. There are just too many. We are planning to share but there are still too many.
#firstworldproblems :laughing:
@pkondz I'm hoping you can give a run down on how you did this and how long did it take.
I just went to guest services (happened to be at DHS at the time). It was fairly quick. Maybe... 5-10 minutes? Painless (except to the bank account.)
I've also purchased a Memory Maker and I'm hoping that cost goes towards the annual pass too?
Hmm... This I'm wondering about. Photopass is free with an AP. Hopefully they'll credit you for yours, but... I think if it was me, I'd see if I could get it refunded, or call and ask if it will be credited to the AP before I go. You don't want to get there and "I'm sorry, but since you've technically started using it, we can't give you a credit."

So good to hear an update on your plans. It reminded me I need to email our TA and make sure she has our flight info for Magical Express. I also want to confirm that she requested connecting rooms for us - I'm really hoping we get them, as it would make it so much more fun to be able to wander between the rooms.

I had a weird thing with our Magic Bands. I ordered a special one for me (the white one with Cinderella castle on it :lovestruc), and that order is saying "pick up at resort". The other order for the boys' room is being mailed. Not sure why the difference?? I'm guessing it's because of my special order, but I haven't heard anyone else talk about that.

I'm really getting desperate about them extending the park hours - I mean, they can't really open DHS at 9am every day when it's right after the opening of RotR AND the week before Christmas, right?!?!

I've also been reading reports that the Skyliner doesn't start operating until 8am, and that has me concerned as well. I really thought we'd jump on there early in the morning, and be at DHS well before rope drop. Our whole group is so excited for RotR and two of my sons and my son's girlfriend haven't seen Galaxy's Edge at all yet. We really want to be in the first group of people entering the land. I'm now tossing around renting a car for the week? Not having much luck finding a good rate though.

I've always thought the ears were so cute too - and your Christmas ones are adorable! I love that you have special ones for your different outfits too. I haven't even started to think about outfits yet. Honestly, I'm not even sure what to expect with the weather. I should start thinking about that, especially if I decide I want to order something. I wonder if the Disney store will have Christmas merch out on Black Friday - I guess they probably will - have to add that to my list.

I'm so excited for Danielle. My niece is still planning to apply for next fall, and my sister and I are praying every day that she gets in. She's wanted this for so many years.

Good luck with Thanksgiving! I'm so happy that all my kids will be home for the holiday :flower:

30 days! It's getting close!

We use to give ourselves about 1 hour before our flight time but now they're saying 2 hours. It's going to take us a little over an hours just to get to the airport from Baton Rouge.

Ouch, with a 6 o'clock flight, that really does mean an early morning for you guys! But if there's ever anything that'll keep you trekking it's the excitement you get going to WDW.

I borrowed a pair of Danielle's Minnie Ears last trip and finally broke down and got myself a new set of Animal Print Ears.

I love the animal print! Just hold on to them tight on KS.

I'm hoping to Disney Bound Snow White for the Artist Point Dinner so I ordered these off Jane.com

These are really cute, as well. They'll look great at the meal.

I've been working on a list all the Holiday treats I want to try at all the parks and at MVMCP. There are just too many.

I recently watched a vlog covering some of the party snacks, and you're right...there are a lot! I'm sure whatever you decide on will be delicious.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!