Oh it's a Jolly Holiday with Masseys, a Pre Trip Report

I have just the thing...
Image result for funny stretching rack

We have been thinking about this.

Only thing, at least from our experience, about putting on jammies in the parks is that a bath was much needed before jammies went on.
We were there in July and didn’t find it a problem. We did baths in the morning if we’d time or in the early evening before heading out to dinner. Kids were normally fairly tired out by then and happy to sit in the stroller for a bit plus the temperature had dropped a little so it was all good :goodvibes :thumbsup2
There's a small part of me that would love for my parents to take my kids to WDW for a few days before I arrive, because I know how special that would be. But it's got to be hard knowing your kid's at Disney and you're not! :rotfl2:
We really want to take our wee grandson to Disney some day but my daughter says no problem as long as he’s been with her first! :rotfl2:I totally get it!:rotfl2:
This will be our year of celebrating
What a perfect way to spend a year:cheer2:
I'm hoping it won't be too hot. If it is he does love the water fountains. I just need to bring some soap with me.
I can just picture you chasing JP with a bar of soap in and out of the fountains :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
She likes sending him with us better than leaving and he still being there without her.
Definitely the best solution :thumbsup2

We have been thinking about this.
We really want to take our wee grandson to Disney some day but my daughter says no problem as long as he’s been with her first! :rotfl2:I totally get it!:rotfl2:

I get that. There are certain things I want him to experience no matter what, and there are certain things I want to see him experience. Now, thank God for technology, because they can send me videos constantly and what not. But, like, I really hope he wants to be a part of Enchanted Tales with Belle, and as his Mom and that's our thing, it would make me sad to miss that.
I can just picture you chasing JP with a bar of soap in and out of the fountains :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

OMG. YES! I can see this 100%.
Definitely the best solution :thumbsup2
The day we booked the flights I dropped it on them that I just couldn't leave my baby. And he'll be aclimated by the time I get there and it'll be something else to look forward to "Mama's coming today!"

So I guess I'm overdue for an update. Work's been really busy for me the past few months and Jimmy took my computer with him to work out of state.

Jimmy's still working out of state. He's doing great, but we only see him once a month and that's hard. I'm used to handling the day to day by myself, but when he's not there at night or to take the kids to school... or when the grandparents have the kids and I'm alone it really hits me. But we're all doing great. He'll be home next weekend, and then I'm actually going to visit him myself for a date weekend about 2 weeks after that. We are racking up the miles! But since being apart is so hard, and since I'm going to Disney with Mom and them in December... we DID book our February trip, and it's basically Jimmy's trip. I had very little input and he's still demanding I put things on the to-do list for it, daily. Can't wait to be in our happy place all together again.

Now since Jimmy's been gone, I've cut down on time with Gia since the daily grind and after school stuff is really hard when you work full time and you're running two kids around the city ALONE. But she spends weekends with us and we have an open-ended relationship to come over anytime, and we meet up for things in the interim, too. Again, Thank God for technology! It makes you feel like you're together for just a short time when you can't be. When we initially talked to Gia about all of this, her first question was, "But what if I miss Ms. Michelle?" CUE THE UGLY CRIES! And JP asks to call her a lot. Luckily we've been able to make things work and we stay in touch daily. I don't know if I'd go as far to say we are FRIENDS, but definitely friendly and we make it work with her Mom.

That being said... our February trip has her Mom's family, again, too! Our last blended family trip: we had a few days with Gia and then together, and then they had a few days with Gia. GIRL WAS EXHAUSTED by the end of it. So this time we are doing more overlap and paying for ONE trip instead of both paying for her and all that silliness. Hey- it was our first go at blended family Disney. Learning curve! But because of our schedules, Jimmy and I will actually have one day alone with JP before Gia gets there.

Flights are booked.
Room is booked.
Resort is booked.
Dining is booked.

I think the only thing I have left to book is the Fantasmic dessert party for us.

Another fun part of this trip is that MY SISTER WILL BE WORKING THERE! And I am just so excited to see her as a Cast Member!!!!

So a brief overview of our plans:

JP and I fly from New Orleans on Friday, February 21 and we land by lunchtime. Jimmy flies in from Philly and will land, Southwest as well, about 9:30am. I'm not sure how to coordinate the ME on this one if he wants to wait at the airport so we can ride it all together? Any Advice?

I don't have it booked as such now, but I'll probably make sure we have park tickets for that day in the event we decide to leisurely go to a park that evening. I would like to go shop at DS, because we don't really have another chance to do that. We are staying at Caribbean Beach in the Pirate Room. We went ahead and chose this because Gia's mom wanted to stay there. It's her favorite resort, it's on the skyway, and we wanted to be close enough for Gia to go back and forth if she wanted. BUT since Gia's not technically with us 100% of the trip, we got the PIRATE ROOM for some added fun for JP.

Also, to get the castmember discount (not danielle, but through my bff from college) they have to book it no more than 4 months out. So I'm currently booked through Disney with no discount, but if it's available, we both have on our calenders the day to watch and see if I can get my friend's castmember discount. 40% off my room... YES PLEASE! Otherwise, I'm holding out for free dining LOL.

Saturday: Animal Kingdom, starting our trip with the Tusker House character breakfast. JP and I are also doing this alone on our December trip. But he's 2... he likes things repetitive, anyway. Gia and her mom and them fly in late that evening, so we are hoping to meet them back at the resort and maybe explore or hit up a campfire. Or we may just hop on over to MK to rides the only things Jimmy rides... the kiddie rides. Which works out perfectly, because I'm not that interested in rider swap.

Sunday: DHS has extra magic hours this morning, and I'm sure Gia's mom will want to do that. I'm not as interested. Either way we're going to Skyway it over to Epcot and we're all meeting up for lunch in Japan at Teppen Edo! I think the kids will enjoy it. Keep in mind, Gia's got TWO brothers that are 2. They're actually 8 weeks apart. So I think everyone will enjoy that and the hibachi kinda isolates you to really enjoy your company. Then after some Epcot fun, we are going to head on over to Fort Wilderness because we have tickets for the Hoop De Doo at 6:15!! This is my first time doing this, so I'm really excited and even more excited that we're timing it out to make it to the Chip and Dale campfire singalong after dinner. That was a reservation I had to call for and so glad I did because I had to get the third tier seating and no other time was conducive for me.

Monday: I'm hoping they release early morning magic at DHS, and we are totally doing it. Even though Jimmy's not a ride guy, we really want to get the most out of DHS this trip. JP REALLY loves Woody and Buzz right now. I'm waiting to see what times they open the skyway those mornings, otherwise I'm hoping to use a Minnie Van for the first time. We're just going to counter service it all day and do a Fantasmic Dessert party. It's cheaper than MK's (which I've done and doing again in December), AND HAS ALCOHOL. I get along with the "other side" just fine... even ran into Gia's grandma at Target and chatted without Gia even being there... But alcohol helps. Plus, I can't see us waiting around in the Fantasmic line with TWO TODDLERS! We also have a reservation for some libations at Oga's at 3:15 that afternoon, right after JIMMY BUILDS A LIGHTSABER! He is so stoked about this. We got the kids some cheap ones last time he came to town and they're loving it. He's wielded them more than he'll admit, himself. Gia's stepdad is really excited about Galexy's Edge but opted out of the "scrap metal shopping".

Tuesday: Our last park day. Spending it in the Magic Kingdom! Jimmy wants to do another haircut for JP, and I'm going to see if Gia's other brother wants one too. And maybe Gia can get some pixie dust. The only real plans we have this day is our (very early) dinner at Be Our Guest. I've never done the dinner. Mom and them are doing it before I get in this December. Jimmy specifically requested this, so for all of us, the best I could do was a 4:10pm seating. So, Linner/Dunch it is! But there is extra magic hours till 11pm that night at Epcot, so we can hop over to that if we feel like it.

Wednesday: Jimmy, JP and I all fly out around 3pm to our designated homes. But first, we're doing a 9:30am breakfast at Ohana with everyone to send off. They're leaving that Friday. I don' t have enough vacation for all that!

But that's kinda what all we've got planned. Hoping to make it back alone to do July 4th (our joint 21st and 30th birthday) with Danielle while she's still in the program. Obviously need to upgrade my ticket in December to an AP! Pretty pumped about that. If I'm able to get the CM discount on our room, I'm going to go ahead and just buy Jimmy's tickets discount through Undercover Tourist.

LOTS OF MOVING PARTS!

Spoilsport.
Jimmy took my computer with him to work out of state.
HOW DARE HE?!?!?!
Jimmy's still working out of state. He's doing great, but we only see him once a month and that's hard.
:hug:
I'm used to handling the day to day by myself, but when he's not there at night or to take the kids to school... or when the grandparents have the kids and I'm alone it really hits me.
(again... you get two.)
I'm actually going to visit him myself for a date weekend about 2 weeks after that.
Oh! That'll be nice. :)
we DID book our February trip, and it's basically Jimmy's trip. I had very little input and he's still demanding I put things on the to-do list for it, daily. Can't wait to be in our happy place all together again.
Yay!
her first question was, "But what if I miss Ms. Michelle?" CUE THE UGLY CRIES!
Awwwww!!!!
And JP asks to call her a lot.
That's both sad and wonderful at the same time.
That being said... our February trip has her Mom's family, again, too!
Oh really!
Another fun part of this trip is that MY SISTER WILL BE WORKING THERE!
::yes::

Life has certainly been keeping you busy that’s for sure! You are doing a great job of keeping everyone on track and happy by the sound of things though I totally get how lonely it must be at times. Keep your chin up and think of Disney :goodvibes I’m betting JP won’t remember missing his dad when he’s older if jimmy is working closer to home in a year or 2 so just hang in there and hopefully it gets easier. My mum passed away at the end of March just before Mother’s Day here and when I was clearing out some papers of hers I came across these letters my dad had written ( before technology obviously) while he was working in England and only got home 1 weekend in 6. It was just everyday chat really ( though I did more than wee bit of ugly crying 😭) but in one part he asked if I was over my cold and missing him and it struck me just how tough it is to be the parent who is away as well as the parent home alone. I was about 4 or 5 but I can’t remember it at all but apparently I howled for him at night as he read the stories when he was home! I guess I’m just trying to say try not to fret too much and just know you’re both doing a great job for your family even if it’s tough:hug:
Ok, onto happy things! Brilliant that Danielle got accepted onto DCP. Your trip plans sound great. I’d be sending jimmy on ahead to hopefully check in and get the room etc sorted so that he can take JP out for some father son time when you arrive at the resort and then you can get yourself sorted. I’m off to make dinner now but love reading all your plans and seeing all the gear Grandma has splashed out on for Jp :goodvibes

Last edited:

Spoilsport.
#Mom
HOW DARE HE?!?!?!
RIGHT?!
(again... you get two.)
Thank you!
Oh! That'll be nice. :)
We're very excited. He's working/living out of Dover, Delaware, which is about an hour from the Philly Airport. So I'm flying into Philly, but we got a hotel in Washington DC that weekend, so we get to explore together and I'll fly out of DC that sunday evening. It'll be some great adult time together. I've been so focused on being Mom, that I forget I'm still an adult/my own person/ and someone's wife! So we definitely need it.
That's both sad and wonderful at the same time.
She met me for a haircut when they were close by the other day and when JP and Sissy ran up to each other and hugged for a few good minutes... I cried. Heck, I'm crying now thinking of it. It is both heart breaking and heart warming at the same time.
Oh really!
I had told her way back that I was hoping to plan a Mardi Gras trip before the kids get older and more expensive (G turns 10 in March and JP turns 3 in May). And she mentioned wanting another trip for her little boy since he missed their last one. I knew this was always a possibility. But it kinda works out. They like to ride rides, Jimmy doesn't. Jimmy is the purse holder and baby watcher. And Gia has her mom there to drive crazy and we just get to be the fun ones! :)
Life has certainly been keeping you busy that’s for sure! You are doing a great job of keeping everyone on track and happy by the sound of things though I totally get how lonely it must be at times. Keep your chin up and think of Disney :goodvibes I’m betting JP won’t remember missing his dad when he’s older if jimmy is working closer to home in a year or 2 so just hang in there and hopefully it gets easier. My mum passed away at the end of March just before Mother’s Day here and when I was clearing out some papers of hers I came across these letters my dad had written ( before technology obviously) while he was working in England and only got home 1 weekend in 6. It was just everyday chat really ( though I did more than wee bit of ugly crying 😭) but in one part he asked if I was over my cold and missing him and it struck me just how tough it is to be the parent who is away as well as the parent home alone. I was about 4 or 5 but I can’t remember it at all but apparently I howled for him at night as he read the stories when he was home! I guess I’m just trying to say try not to fret too much and just know you’re both doing a great job for your family even if it’s tough:hug:
Ok, onto happy things! Brilliant that Danielle got accepted onto DCP. Your trip plans sound great. I’d be sending jimmy on ahead to hopefully check in and get the room etc sorted so that he can take JP out for some father son time when you arrive at the resort and then you can get yourself sorted. I’m off to make dinner now but love reading all your plans and seeing all the gear Grandma has splashed out on for Jp :goodvibes

Wow. I hope you know just how much all of that meant to me. I'm sending this on to my husband. I think I may mail him a love letter now, too. I really needed to hear that, so thank you for sharing. I'm sorry you lost your Mom. I don't think there's ever a right time or place to lose a loved one, but I'm glad you found things to warm your heart in her absence.

You win! :)
We're very excited. He's working/living out of Dover, Delaware, which is about an hour from the Philly Airport. So I'm flying into Philly, but we got a hotel in Washington DC that weekend, so we get to explore together and I'll fly out of DC that sunday evening. It'll be some great adult time together. I've been so focused on being Mom, that I forget I'm still an adult/my own person/ and someone's wife! So we definitely need it.
That'll be good!
You've been before? I managed a couple hours there last year. Went to the Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center | National Air and Space Museum. It was great!

She met me for a haircut when they were close by the other day and when JP and Sissy ran up to each other and hugged for a few good minutes... I cried. Heck, I'm crying now thinking of it. It is both heart breaking and heart warming at the same time.
:sad:

Congratulations to Danielle!! I enjoyed reading y'alls last trip report and look forward to hearing about your upcoming trips.

YEAH!!!! To another trip!

JP and I fly from New Orleans on Friday, February 21 and we land by lunchtime. Jimmy flies in from Philly and will land, Southwest as well, about 9:30am. I'm not sure how to coordinate the ME on this one if he wants to wait at the airport so we can ride it all together? Any Advice?
I would say have him wait at the airport, It will be fun to meet up there and hop on MDE together. I don't think there is a need for him to go before you guys.

we wanted to be close enough for Gia to go back and forth if she wanted. BUT since Gia's not technically with us 100% of the trip, we got the PIRATE ROOM for some added fun for JP.
JP will love the Pirates Room. We liked Carribean Beach. I wouldn't say it's my favorite but it's a solid resort.

Wow. I hope you know just how much all of that meant to me. I'm sending this on to my husband. I think I may mail him a love letter now, too. I really needed to hear that, so thank you for sharing. I'm sorry you lost your Mom. I don't think there's ever a right time or place to lose a loved one, but I'm glad you found things to warm your heart in her absence.
I’m glad my words helped a little. You should definitely write a love letter to Jimmy. Sometimes old ways are the best and there’s something special about holding a letter that the person you love has also held in their hands that is soothing for the soul as well as the heart ❤
I miss my mum and my dad, but mum’s passing was made a little easier in some ways as she had Alzheimer’s disease so in some ways we had been slowly losing her for a couple of years before she died. Still hurts though but she was a lucky woman to die surrounded by those she loved and that loved her in return.
I found oh so many things! Some good - my daughter’s painting from nursery school and a scrapbook school project on myself aged 12 ( my main aim seems to have been to own a “leisure suit” 😂- seriously talk l about low expectations 😂😂😂). Some not so good at the time but funny now- mainly school reports where I seem to be “easily distracted” and “ need to work harder”. My kids aren’t seeing those until they’re 30!!

That'll be good!
You've been before? I managed a couple hours there last year. Went to the Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center | National Air and Space Museum. It was great!
I've never been before! He'll pick me up in Philly and we want to see the Liberty Bell and run the Rocky steps LOL. Then I want to hit up a winery outside of DC, and visit all the sites down the Mall and all the free stuff just since it's such a short trip.
Congratulations to Danielle!! I enjoyed reading y'alls last trip report and look forward to hearing about your upcoming trips.
:thanks:
I would say have him wait at the airport, It will be fun to meet up there and hop on MDE together. I don't think there is a need for him to go before you guys.
I'm curious how that'll work when I call to set up the ME. I think he'd like to wait for us too. But I know my husband... he'll get all excited and bored and buy up everything in the Disney store at the airport, get a massage, and have a four course meal with wine while he's waiting for us LOL. But it would be the same if I sent him on to the resort first LOL
I miss my mum and my dad, but mum’s passing was made a little easier in some ways as she had Alzheimer’s disease so in some ways we had been slowly losing her for a couple of years before she died. Still hurts though but she was a lucky woman to die surrounded by those she loved and that loved her in return.
There's so good/easy way to say goodbye, and that's okay.
Some not so good at the time but funny now- mainly school reports where I seem to be “easily distracted” and “ need to work harder”. My kids aren’t seeing those until they’re 30!!
:laughing:

He'll pick me up in Philly and we want to see the Liberty Bell and run the Rocky steps LOL.
I want that too!

And to visit the Liberty Bell and run the Rocky steps too.

:rolleyes1

:lmao:
Then I want to hit up a winery outside of DC, and visit all the sites down the Mall and all the free stuff just since it's such a short trip.
That sounds really good. :)

I'm curious how that'll work when I call to set up the ME. I think he'd like to wait for us too. But I know my husband... he'll get all excited and bored and buy up everything in the Disney store at the airport, get a massage, and have a four course meal with wine while he's waiting for us LOL. But it would be the same if I sent him on to the resort first LOL
Ha!

I would think when you call Magical Express, and you explain the situation, they will gladly do either for you.

We were there in July and didn’t find it a problem. We did baths in the morning if we’d time or in the early evening before heading out to dinner. Kids were normally fairly tired out by then and happy to sit in the stroller for a bit plus the temperature had dropped a little so it was all good :goodvibes :thumbsup2
That does make sense... we were in July as well, but he was just always a sweaty sticky mess by afternoon/evening. If we'd done more afternoon breaks and could have cleaned him up then, I could see that working out well.
But since being apart is so hard, and since I'm going to Disney with Mom and them in December... we DID book our February trip, and it's basically Jimmy's trip. I had very little input and he's still demanding I put things on the to-do list for it, daily. Can't wait to be in our happy place all together again.
I'm really glad you're going to get to take this trip... it's going to be a fun year full of Disney for you!
Now since Jimmy's been gone, I've cut down on time with Gia since the daily grind and after school stuff is really hard when you work full time and you're running two kids around the city ALONE. But she spends weekends with us and we have an open-ended relationship to come over anytime, and we meet up for things in the interim, too. Again, Thank God for technology! It makes you feel like you're together for just a short time when you can't be. When we initially talked to Gia about all of this, her first question was, "But what if I miss Ms. Michelle?" CUE THE UGLY CRIES! And JP asks to call her a lot. Luckily we've been able to make things work and we stay in touch daily. I don't know if I'd go as far to say we are FRIENDS, but definitely friendly and we make it work with her Mom.
I really love the fact that you all work so well together for Gia. I enjoyed reading about it in the blended family TR and I'm glad that you're still able to make things work and modify schedules so that you get to see her and spend time with her virtually and physically while Jimmy is away.
Another fun part of this trip is that MY SISTER WILL BE WORKING THERE! And I am just so excited to see her as a Cast Member!!!!
::yes:: That is awesome!!!!!
So I'm currently booked through Disney with no discount, but if it's available, we both have on our calenders the day to watch and see if I can get my friend's castmember discount. 40% off my room... YES PLEASE!
I hope it works out. I'd think you'd have a good chance of getting it with the pirate rooms.
Plus, I can't see us waiting around in the Fantasmic line with TWO TODDLERS!
Definitely not. :faint: We always do a Fantasmic dining package, but the dessert party (with alcohol) sounds like a really good option too!
We also have a reservation for some libations at Oga's at 3:15 that afternoon, right after JIMMY BUILDS A LIGHTSABER! He is so stoked about this.
This is awesome! So glad that he's going to get to do that!

Spoilsport.

I was thinking the same thing!

My mum passed away at the end of March just before Mother’s Day here and when I was clearing out some papers of hers I came across these letters my dad had written ( before technology obviously) while he was working in England and only got home 1 weekend in 6. It was just everyday chat really ( though I did more than wee bit of ugly crying 😭) but in one part he asked if I was over my cold and missing him and it struck me just how tough it is to be the parent who is away as well as the parent home alone. I was about 4 or 5 but I can’t remember it at all but apparently I howled for him at night as he read the stories when he was home! I guess I’m just trying to say try not to fret too much and just know you’re both doing a great job for your family even if it’s tough:hug:

Thanks for sharing this. :hug: I don't think JP will remember much about this time either when he's older.

Thank you!

He'll pick me up in Philly and we want to see the Liberty Bell and run the Rocky steps

Michelle arrived in Philly today and yest they did the Rocky steps. From the pictures she sent me it looks like they are have a blast.

Fastpass time is approaching!

Believe it or not we're down to 71 more sleeps! That means our Fastpass day is just days away. We finally got together Sunday night to hash out our Fastpass goals. Here's hoping our goals become a reality. We had a round table discussion. There is no way to make everyone totally happy but I think everyone will got to put in for a few of their top choices. Some of our choices were attractions we try to do every trip but some are choices that will work so that we can all do attractions together. I also wanted to make sure Michelle was able to do the attractions with JP that she really wanted to do since she won't have as much time in the parks as we will.
Saturday
Our first park day is DHS. It's also our arrival day so we won't make it to the park until around lunch time or later.
Our top 3 choices are: Slinky Dog Dash (no one has ridden his yet)
Frozen Sing along (something we can all do and enjoy)
Disney Jr Dance Party (this is totally just for JP)
Disney has really made this hard since all the good attractions are all Tier 1 and as of now FPs aren't offered for SWGE rides.

Sunday
This park day is our 1st Epcot day. We're hoping to make it there for rope drop.
Our top 3 choices are: Test Track (we'll try to rope drop & rider swap Soarin')
Living with the Land (something for everyone)
Seas with Nemo (for JP) It was a toss up for this or Journey into Imagination. Danielle vetoed it, she hates the skunk smell.
Monday
Finally we're going to my favorite park, Magic Kingdom. It's one of the few day there won't be a MVMCP. Of course we're shooting for Rope Drop.
Our top 3 choices are: Seven Dwarfs (DH & Danielle will rope drop Space Mountain)

Big Thunder Mountain
Splash Mountain
As you can see we went traditional on all these choices and will need to use rider swap. Send us happy thoughts.
Tuesday
Today is the day Michelle will be joining us. We'll start with Epcot with a pre-park opening breakfast at Storybook Dining and hopefully get in line for Frozen at opening.
Our top 3 choices are :Soarin'
Spaceship Earth (something for everyone) I just hope it's still open.
Turtle Talk with Crush( for JP)
I don't know if we'll actually get to do all 3 since we need to leave early to go back to the resort to rest up for MVMCP. I know I want to be back around the time Michelle gets there. If we use all 3 we'll be able to get a 4th FP for MK before 6. Michelle will have the option of making all 3 of her FPs @ MK before the party. We have park hoppers so we don't really have to worry about a particular time we can enter. Michelle and I plan on upgrading to annual passes so we won't be restricted.

Wednesday
Our 1 and only day in Animal Kingdom. Michelle and JP have a breakfast at Tusker House prior to park opening but not by much. We'll hopefully be making the dash for FOP if the party didn't do us in too much
Our top 3 choices are: FOP (of course) I'm hoping since it's later in our trip I'll have a better shot at getting it.
Killamanjaro Safari (something for everyone)
Festival of the Lion King (family favorite)
We're hoping to get a 4th FP for DH & Danielle for Everest. We won't be staying too late since we have reservations for the Plaza viewing dessert party @ MK. Michelle and I really enjoyed this last trip and can't wait to share it with DH and Danielle.
Thursday
Today we're back to DHS with hopes of hitting rope drop for a chance to ride Rise of the Resistance. This will be a very SWGE heavy day since Dennis has a lightsaber reservation, Danielle has a Droid reservation and we all have an Oga's reservation.
Our top 3 choices are: Toy Story Mania (something we can all do)
Beauty and the Beast Live ( a favorite for Michelle that we missed last trip)
Voyage of the Little Mermaid (something for everyone)
I'm really hoping the open they park early for resort guests. Dennis and I discussed and this would be the only park we would be willing to pay extra to enter early or stay late. So far this hasn't been offered. They will have days to stay late for AK or enter early for MK while we're there.
Friday
Our last park day :sad1:. We're back at MK and it has EMH for resort guests but also closes early for MVMCP. We're planning this day around JP.
Our top 3 choices are: Enchanted Tales with Belle (fingers crossed JP gets picked for a part)
Buzz (family fun for all)
Jungle Cruise (cause it's the Jingle Cruise)
We would really like to do some of the things we missed on previous days. We're thinking we'll split up at opening. Dennis & Danielle can hit some mountains while we take JP to Fantasyland to hit those rides before the crowds hit. This is the Friday before Christmas so it should be getting busier.

For anyone who has made FPs recently any advice is needed. I'm hoping Danielle and I can each grab a computer like we did on ADR day and each tackle a day. Michelle had trouble on our ADR day with just using the app on her phone. I'm thinking I'll start with our AK day in hopes of getting FOP and have Danielle start with our first DHS day to get Slinky Dog Dash. I'm not as worried about the MK days or Epcot days.

Discounts were released today so I booked a room only for January when I drop off Danielle. I booked the cheapest room I could find at Sports. We've never stayed there and it will meet our needs for such a short trip. I would still like to see if it will be less with the annual pass discount or possibly another resort for about the same price. So much too do and so little time. This is the busiest time of the year!

It's getting late and I need my sleep. I'm picking JP up tomorrow from Jimmy's parents. We'll have him until Michelle gets back Sunday night. I'm looking forward to some one on one time with my "Little Man".

Tuesday
Today is the day Michelle will be joining us. We'll start with Epcot with a pre-park opening breakfast at Storybook Dining and hopefully get in line for Frozen at opening.
Our top 3 choices are :Soarin'
Spaceship Earth (something for everyone) I just hope it's still open.
Turtle Talk with Crush( for JP)
I don't know if we'll actually get to do all 3 since we need to leave early to go back to the resort to rest up for MVMCP. I know I want to be back around the time Michelle gets there. If we use all 3 we'll be able to get a 4th FP for MK before 6. Michelle will have the option of making all 3 of her FPs @ MK before the party. We have park hoppers so we don't really have to worry about a particular time we can enter. Michelle and I plan on upgrading to annual passes so we won't be restricted.
You may already know this, but you don’t have to use all 3 fp+ at Epcot in order to add Magic Kingdom fast passes. I have yet to do this myself, so I hope I am explaining it well. If you do not like your options for a 3rd Epcot fp, just don’t make one. I think you can make a hopper Magic Kingdom fp as soon as you tap into your last scheduled fp at Epcot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts