Oh It's A Jolly Holiday With Katie! - Beach Club / Grand Floridian

I finally finished your TR. It was AMAZING!! I laughed at your story telling and related to your sadness at leaving WDW. Thanks to you and one of your first posts of this trip, Tapestry of Nations is one of my favorites now. I listen to it when I am doing the boring parts of my job. Thank you for sharing your adventures. It makes my day a little better. I am excited to read your new TR. Can't wait!!! Until next time... see ya real soon.

That's just bad photography.
If the point was to get you guys and the pumpkins, fine.
But since they're obviously place to frame the castle...

Or over a shoulder or above you... but not hidden.
Definitely not hidden.

It is too a thaaang. That was very poor framing.
Maybe if some tourist had taken it, but you paid for that.
Surely, since he/she's stationed there, someone would've said something like
"Okay. You take photos here. Make sure you get the castle in the background."

Ah. That's it. It's so obvious that no one said it.

Yeah exactly, the three points of that photo is 1. The Pumpkins, and 2. The castle. 3. The guests.
Just get all 3 the shot?! The two of us aren't even in the middle of the pumpkins, Jamie is in the middle, and I'm squashed up to the right... then there's a big gap on the left?! :confused3 Whatevs. I would be annoyed if I'd bought Memory Maker for a 4 days trip, but with two weeks worth of photos we got plenty more good ones :thumbsup2

Awww... And just how much were you missing him right about then?

Soooo much! :dogdance:

You expect me to make a joke at your expense here, don't you?

Nope.
I love my pup too.

They are family members! :lovestruc

Those sausages look like crossed legs.

Eggs with legs :thumbsup2

Katie: "Whee! I'm in Disney!"
Jamie: "I am sitting in an immobile elephant."

This is EXACTLY what I meant :rotfl: I laughed :goodvibes

Very nice shot, Katie!

Thank you!

Oh, look. It's "Some Performers"

:rolleyes1

HEY NOW. :sad2:

Katie's a crowd-brat! Katie's a crowd-brat!*

*Chanted in an annoying tone while pointing.

I actually am...

"20 minute wait for Tower of Terror? NO THANKS. :laughing:

At first I was "She swims in a shirt and shorts?"
Then I noticed the bathing suit tie peaking up in the mirror.

I can't walk around the hotel in a bikini!!!!

Where are the parents?
Wait. Let me guess. Sitting on their collective butts while someone else parents their kids.

yes it's a pet peeve of mine.

Oooh me too. I don't think I've ever shared the story about the kid who SPAT ON JAMIE at Fantasmic (F! indeed..) This little you-know-what was sat in front of us and was spitting on his older sister and brother, and the parents DID NOT CARE. The sister was clearly really upset about it, and mom was just telling HER to stop annoying the little s***, then turning away from them... Sister is starting to cry and we're wondering if we should do anything, when s***kid spits again it misses his sister and goes on Jamie's leg :crazy2: :crazy2: :crazy2: So Jamie goes "HEY. Stop doing that." And gives this kid the death-stare of all death-stares..

gif-afroamerican-comb-1038027.gif

:laughing: - Seriously though, it was awful. We sometimes still talk about that family and how miserable the two older kids must be :sad2: poor things.

What the what? Time to ditch him for someone who'll hit the parks as much as you want to.

You can rent me, but Ruby insists I come home for the night, so I might not be your best option.

A good option... but perhaps not the best.

Oh, who am I kidding.
Of course I'm the best.

Say it. Say I'm the best. You can do it.

You're the best.. arounnddd.. nalalalalalala keep you dowwwn :rotfl: (never did know the words.)

And that's pretty much all we have in the entire Country.
Soap.
And plenty of it.

Well, that and beavers. It's tough going anywhere in your dogsled without bumping into them.

This is your home town right?

843919_welcome-to-canada.gif

Every day, when Katie would leave the house.
"Bye folks!" <slam!>

"Quick! She's out! Switch the fish! Hurry! Hurry! Switch them!!!!"

:sad: :sad: :sad::fish:

Is there a strong tea taste to it? Or not much.
I love ice tea (Canadian version, thank you. Not the US version.) but don't love tea.

No not at all. It's just mango-y :goodvibes

Very pretty.

Thanks! :cutie:

I never order this. I've had some bad experiences with chicken pot pie.
(And one amusing one as a result.)

Well I'm intrigued now.. Care to share?!?!

How big is that? About the same size as at ETwB?

It's a bit smaller than the one at ETWB. But it's great quality, it's fairly heave for its size :goodvibes

He what?

Instead of watching Wishes with a beautiful girl, he goes back to the hotel????????

Kids these days. :sad2:

I know :sad2: kid don't know what he's missing :laughing:

Really? That's weird. And potentially trip killing.
How would they make that right, I wonder?

I have no idea?! I'd hope they'd pay for you to go get new ones.. But realistically they'd probably just give you a free fastpass :rotfl:

Was he secretly pleased just to sit and relax?
Or was he wishing he could go out just one more time?

Yeeeah I think he was happy enough just chilling with his laptop. BUT STILL.

I know, right? School should be September - June.

::yes::

Mistake? Or discount.

Wait. I'm going to say... you didn't dare ask.

Too right I didn't ask!! (I'm a bad person)

Nice shot. You even got her crown on properly.

I know! I always think I've nailed it, then when I look back at the picture the crown is floating above her head like a halo :littleangel:

To paraphrase someone I know. "No picture of you in your pyjama shorts?"

:rotfl:

Awwww....

By any chance, were the people behind you also leaving?

Looks like it! Everyone leaving Disney has the same face..

5.-baby-very-disappointed-gif.gif

Thanks for a wonderful TR Katie! :goodvibes
So happy that there's already another one started!

Thanks so much for reading along!!! :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

Yeah exactly, the three points of that photo is 1. The Pumpkins, and 2. The castle. 3. The guests.
Just get all 3 the shot?! The two of us aren't even in the middle of the pumpkins, Jamie is in the middle, and I'm squashed up to the right... then there's a big gap on the left?! :confused3 Whatevs. I would be annoyed if I'd bought Memory Maker for a 4 days trip, but with two weeks worth of photos we got plenty more good ones :thumbsup2

I say... DEMAND A FULL REFUND!!!!!

They are family members! :lovestruc

Yep. Dumb, crazy, weird little family members.

Eggs with legs :thumbsup2

eggsactly.

:laughing:

I can't walk around the hotel in a bikini!!!!

Technically, you could.
People would look at you funny... but you could.

I don't think I've ever shared the story about the kid who SPAT ON JAMIE at Fantasmic (F! indeed..)

OMG. No.

This little you-know-what was sat in front of us and was spitting on his older sister and brother, and the parents DID NOT CARE.

I'm sorry... what?!?!?

The sister was clearly really upset about it, and mom was just telling HER to stop annoying the little s***, then turning away from them... Sister is starting to cry and we're wondering if we should do anything, when s***kid spits again it misses his sister and goes on Jamie's leg :crazy2: :crazy2: :crazy2: So Jamie goes "HEY. Stop doing that." And gives this kid the death-stare of all death-stares..

gif-afroamerican-comb-1038027.gif

:laughing: - Seriously though, it was awful. We sometimes still talk about that family and how miserable the two older kids must be :sad2: poor things.

So... did he stop?
And I'm sure... I'm sure! that the mom didn't apologize or even acknowledge it, right?

:sad2:

You're the best.. arounnddd.. nalalalalalala keep you dowwwn :rotfl: (never did know the words.)

All I'm really taking out of this is the first three words.
I'm cutting and pasting it into a Word doc, printing it and framing it.

But, just for you...

Try to be best
‘Cause you’re only a man
And a man’s gotta learn to take it

Try to believe
Though the going gets rough
That you gotta hang tough to make it

History repeats itself
Try and you’ll succeed

Never doubt that you’re the one
And you can have your dreams!

You’re the best!
Around!
Nothing’s gonna ever keep you down
You’re the Best!
Around!
You’re the Best!
Around!
Nothing’s gonna ever keep you dow-ow-ow-ow-own

Fight ‘til the end
Cause your life will depend
On the strength that you have inside you

Ah you gotta be proud
Starin’ out in the cloud
When the odds in the game defy you

Try your best to win them all
And one day time will tell
When you’re the one that’s standing there
You’ll reach the final bell!

You’re the best!
Around!
You’re the Best!
Around!
You’re the Best!
Around!
Nothing’s gonna ever keep you dow-ow-ow-ho-how-ho-own

INSERT SUPER DUPER REALLY INSPIRING GUITAR SOLO HERE

You’re the best!
Around!
You’re the Best!
Around!
You’re the Best!
Around!
Nothing’s gonna ever keep you dow-ow-ow-ow-own

Fight ‘til you drop
Never stop
Can’t give up
Til you reach the top (FIGHT!)
You’re the best in town (FIGHT!)
Listen to that sound
A little bit of all you got
Can never bring you down

You’re the best!
Around!
You’re the Best!
Around!
You're welcome.

This is your home town right?

843919_welcome-to-canada.gif

OMG! Where did you get that?!?!?
I recognized every little thing on there.
Although, for some reason, my eyes kept straying to juuuuuust above the keg of Sleeman's.

Sorry about that.
Sometimes it's best to be gentle.
Other times you have to rip the Band-Aid off.

No not at all. It's just mango-y :goodvibes

Gotta try it next time.

Well I'm intrigued now.. Care to share?!?!

I spent 9 months on a course in Cornwall (Ontario... not your neighborhood) where we were put up in a massive facility including rooms, gym, swimming pool, bar and.... cafeteria.
Sounds great? Not when you're stuck there with nothing around it and you're studying all the time.
And eating the same food... over and over.
But I digress.

The cafeteria. It, like so many of its ilk, left much to be desired.
The food was... hmmm... how should I put this.... horrid.
We didn't have to pay (it was included as part of the course, as were the rooms)
but still... free does not mean it has to be lousy.

Often, about once a week or so, they'd take all the crap that nobody wanted
(i.e. leftovers) and shove them into pastry shells.
Voila! Chicken pot pie! Mmmmm!!! (not... really, not)

There was about 15 - 20 of us on the same course. We'd work, study, play and... eat together.
So when Friday night came and we'd all troop down to the caf for dinner... and see that the "special" was chicken pot pie... we'd all collectively groan.

Until.

One Friday, we all decided we'd had enough.
So we all went and each one of us grabbed a chicken pot pie.
We all sat down together and waited for everyone to be seated.
Once we all were, we had a contest.
We all dug into our "chicken pot pies" and started hunting around in the durned things like mad.
The first person to find an actual piece of chicken would win.
It took a little while (some people had to go back for seconds...) but eventually someone found an actual piece of chicken. (It must've slipped in by mistake.)
The winner victoriously held his prize up!
"I got one!" He crowed.
We all cheered. Left 20 - 30 pot pies on the tables (you were supposed to clean up after yourselves) and went out for pizza.
The winner didn't have to pay.

Soon after, they stopped serving chicken pot pie.

I have no idea?! I'd hope they'd pay for you to go get new ones.. But realistically they'd probably just give you a free fastpass :rotfl:

"I can't see! You threw out all my contacts!"
"We're terribly sorry, sir. Here's a Fastpass that can be used on any MK attraction except 7DMT."
(gotta be realistic here.)
"What good is that? I won't be able to see on the ride!"
"Do you want it or not?"

"Yes."

Looks like it! Everyone leaving Disney has the same face..

5.-baby-very-disappointed-gif.gif

:lmao:

I am totally up for all of this! Now who do you want to be Hulk or Iron Man? I'm leaning toward Iron Man as green isn't really my colour! :laughing: Can Captain America be the flower girl? Oh! And can Nick Fury be the officiant? :hyper: This is going to be the best wedding ever! :rotfl:

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao: Yeah I guess Iron Man has a nicer, wedding-acceptable suit.. Nice and shiny and gold... Then I'll rock up as the Hulk covered in green body paint and wearing ripped shorts... :laughing: Omg Captain America as the flower girl YES YES YES :rotfl2: :flower3: It's funny because I joked about making a pinterest board, but there's actually soome good stuff .... :laughing:

db823731c9e672dd1faf34631876f4a8.jpg

cf4f9eb422c825a69b3f2beb38dd922e.jpg
half-superhero-half-traditional-wedding-cake-shows-marriage-is-truly-a-compromise-599830.jpg

IT'S HAPPENING. Let's set the date.

I saw that! Urg can he get any more perfect??

giphy.gif

After seeing this gif.. No.. he cannot get any more perfect :lovestruc

Bahaha this is actually me :rotfl:

I think we should all image that he did join in! It makes the world a better place! :rotfl:

Definitely!

07-06_WtrAerob1a.jpg

Bleh! Cheese popcorn?? :crazy2:

NvbOGZm.gif

Yeah that's why it's a dog treat :crazy2:

So prettyful :cutie:

This is what is constantly going through my head when it's busy at Disney :rotfl:

Well I'm more like "WHY AREN'T YOU AT WORK?! ... I mean, I know I'm here.. BUT I'M ALLOWED TO BE HERE. You, go back to work. You, go back to school." :rotfl:

KRONK! :lovestruc

So sassy Buzz! Letting out you're inner Lucille Bluth!

giphy.gif

Lucille is my favourite :goodvibes Her and George Michael.. And GOB.. omg I just love the whole thing.

:sad: for this report being over, but :yay: for a new one!!!

Great report! Can't wait to hear about your latest trip.

I loved reading your report! Can't wait to read the new ones! :tigger:

I enjoyed your report and am looking forward to reading about your latest adventure.

I've enjoyed reading your trip report so much!! I'm really looking forward to reading your new one! :thumbsup2

I have absolutely loved reading your trip report. I can tell you have such a passion for Disney and it makes reading all the better. Can't wait to read all about this trip. See you over there

I have loved your trip report and can't wait to read your new one!

Thanks so much everyone!!! I'm so glad you were all here reading along :goodvibes See you on the new report!! :grouphug:

My goldfish is 19 years old (no, mother swears she never replaced him! At the age of 24 I’m sure she’d tell me now if she did :laughing:) and he’s way too big for his little tank, I bet he’d love to live here.
Oh my gosh that's amazing! I have never heard of someones goldfish living that long!
Right before the American Adventure I spotted a very odd mix of characters out meeting… There was Goofy, Pluto and Donald, as well as Baloo and Rafiki…?! It looked fun. There was no rhyme or reason to it :confused3 :laughing:

22330128801_3e28bfd76f_b.jpg
That does look fun! I would love to walk into something like that :)
22131777708_886cd8f529_c.jpg

I got the mango green tea slush, oh my gosh, it was delicious and so refreshing on a hot day. I’ve also heard the strawberry oolong is great too, although I’ve never tried it. This one really hit the spot!
That looks perfect for a hot day.
However there were some Disney research CMs with iPads near the exit, and the one who approached me was really cute with a beauuutiful smile :teeth:, so of course I stopped to answer his survey (sorry Jamie!!!)
:rotfl2::thumbsup2
I got to the monorail station and there was one waiting right there for me. Disney magic.
I love when something like that happens:thumbsup2
As we rolled into the Grand I saw a water aerobics class at the pool, and I thought how funny it would be to see Jamie in there busting out the moves with them :rotfl:
Maybe it would look something like this dude - :cool1: ...:rotfl2:
I LOVE this staircase! Whenever I'm on I just feel so special lol:thumbsup2
We concluded that room 9513 has a ghost with very good dental hygiene.
:teeth:

21698414893_4594db686d_b.jpg
Ooh I'll have to look out for these kinds of ghosts the next time I got to Disney:scratchin
I decided to have a look at everything I’d bought.

21696719934_acec3fb0b0_b.jpg
A wonderful collection of goodies! And I think I told you this months ago when you psted about it but I have that sweatshirt! I love it so much it is so cute and warm:lovestruc
Also, here are the six mini popcorn bags I bought for mother. It’s great because the cheese one is the only horrible one (in our opinion), but my dog loves it! So he gets a gift too. It works out perfectly.

21698402693_e9d2c0f22a_b.jpg
I love how the characters are portrayed in their vintage forms on the popcorn bags - super cute!:goodvibes
Pretty soon it was time to head to the Magic Kingdom!
I was seriously running low on clean clothes! So I dressed up kinda nice for our last night :goodvibes

21698395063_c92c259ff3_c.jpg
I'm in love with your dress!!!:goodvibes You look gorgeous as always in it! :lovestruc
We left at 5pm, and the pianist was playing in the lobby.
What a special way to go out to our last night in the parks!
I had to capture these moments, because I'd no longer be posh this time tomorrow
:laughing: :sad: :laughing: :sad: :laughing:

22131442100_6d8a4c0601_b.jpg
He is super talented - when I visited the GF for dinner 2 summers ago, I loved listening to the band and the pianist, so magical!
If you've been reading along with this trip report you'll know that the entire trip has been SO quiet. So this was OUTRAGEOUS to us :laughing:

22134718808_8cf2dc4125_b.jpg
Wow. Yeah that is a lot of people!
After Big Thunder we went to Broccoliville! (aka Columbia Harbour House.)
We’re such creatures of habit. I just LOVE that chicken pot pie. We both got our big heaps of broccoli and a side of fries to share.

22296396236_8b11186c4a_b.jpg
That looks so good right now! I will have to adventure over to CHH!
Throughout the meal Jamie just kept aggressively saying,

“I LOVE BROCCOLIIIIIII!!!”

He even suggested getting a side of broccoli to snack on around the park :laughing:
I guess that's better than my constant craving of Nutella fruit waffles.
:rotfl2:
After Buzz we walked through New Fantasyland and I went into Bonjour! Village Gifts and bought this LUMIERE CANDLESTICK.

22309363382_650e57c4f2_c.jpg

:love::lovestruc:love::lovestruc:love:
Ugh it’s so awesome. It’s battery powered and the flames light up and even flicker like a real candle! I love it so much.
I love this! People are always posting about it. I've also seen the Cogsworth clock.
This was a really special ride through because Space Mountain was still down, and all the lights were on!

22135555419_f91a071ba8_b.jpg
Awesome! Behind the scenes looks are always cool! :thumbsup2
Afterwards we went back to Buzz.
Our problem is so real.

Buzz’s face when he sees us AGAIN:

(Dramatic eye-roll :laughing:)

22134382550_b14090569f_c.jpg
He's just jealous of your skills!;)
He was pretty tired and wasn’t really feeling it, so HE went back to the resort while I stuck around to watch Wishes from the station!

22134359390_8534cc1d0e_b.jpg
I am so happy you got to see Wishes one final time for your last night in Disney! :goodvibes
While we were packing up the last of our stuff Jamie realised that all of his disposable contact lenses had disappeared!
They were in foil packaging in the bathroom that must’ve been mistaken for litter and thrown away by housekeeping!

Not cool!!!
Hmmm yeah that is very strange.
So unfortunately he chose to stay in the lobby with the bags between check out and the Tragical Express.
He looked on the bright side though, and was relieved that they went missing on the last day and not the first! He would have been completely screwed!
Yeah really! Better when your leaving then we you first got there!
Still we were amused at the thought of seeing a member of housekeeping in the hallway putting in some contact lenses whist wearing a poncho and a Galactic Hero button :laughing:)
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:
The tag on the shorts said $24.95, but I was only charged $18 – including tax! Sweeeet.
I love when that happens:thumbsup2 And yes those shorts are just so cute!!!
I also went to New Fantasyland to see if Gaston was out but he wasn’t. Oh well.
Again! This is crazy - like I was saying in my TR, it just seems kind of strange he is not there! I guess he really had been doing a lot of hunting lately!:rotfl:
I wanted to make a dramatic exit in true princess style, so I walked through the castle to leave. princess:

22334040791_2000674e17_b.jpg
*sigh* What better way to leave MK then through the castle!:lovestruc
While we were waiting we got chatting to THIS GUY!!!

22135374300_bcf246fb20_b.jpg

RICHARD!!!!!
He is amazing, and you are totally right so sweet! I love seeing him - his smile just lightens everyone up! :lovestruc
We went to Starbucks, Jamie got a chocolate chip frap and I got vanilla bean. I have the vanilla bean every year, it’s my comfort drink at MCO airport.

22333986591_893d65d8f1_c.jpg

22136536839_2311e1096e_c.jpg
Starbucks is always good to heal the soul!::yes::
Oswald had some too.
As well as drowning our sorrows about leaving, we were celebrating his adoption.

22135696708_338a309d98_c.jpg
Oswald looks like he's really enjoying himself, I guess he had a stressful day sitting in the store! :rotfl2:
We waited for our bags to come around on the luggage carousel and I mumbled,
“This is the worst parade EVER.”

It really was. :sad2:
i bet it was.
I spent the day unpacking, napping, looking at my photos and souvenirs and listening to Finding Nemo the Musical.

* sigh *

SADNESS!

Until next year Walt Disney World!!!!!!
I always get so upset and start crying when I leave Disney World as well. It's one of the saddest things to do. Only some people get it ;)

Great job with the TR Katie - I loved reading all about your adventures:goodvibes
If you’ve enjoyed this trip report, you may be interested to know that Jamie and I just got back from another 2 weeks at Walt Disney World!
So I’m starting to write about my 2015 adventure – including a little pre-trip report about the week before WDW, when I was in Disneyland Paris with my family!
YAY! The fun never stops! I'll be heading over there right now! :jumping1:

Hello! Just found our TR & I'm loving it! We were there the week after you & we quickly fell in love with Disney that time of year. Although it was our first family trip, so we really didn't know what to expect by a "slow" time of the year, we were pleasantly surprised. Can't wait to catch up with the thread!

You caught the Character-palooza! It's always a mixture of different characters but no one ever knows which ones it'll be. Lucky! And you didn't even know it! Typical Hufflepuff behavior ;):rotfl:

I thought that might be what it was but I forgot to read about it! Thanks for clarifying for a clueless Hufflepuff :thumbsup2 :laughing:

Such a pretty, pretty lady :goodvibes

anigif_enhanced-buzz-24184-1349172981-0.gif

That's pretty nuts! (not Ginger nuts though) - Monday's tend to be really busy though. From what I've read :confused3

Bahaha ginger nuts is officially the term for something that is absolutely crazy :laughing: eg. the MK crowds on Christmas day were ginger nuts :thumbsup2

I looooooooooooove this!! I want one too! I've been seeing pics of them people post on FB - I want him as well as Cogsworth! So cute!

Get one please it is precious!! I love the Cogsworth so much too, they released him like a week after we left WDW :sad2: it gives me an excuse to go back I guess :thumbsup2

#thuglife

;)

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

He's all "THERE ARE OTHER RIDES GUYS" :rotfl:

I'm pretty sure this is what the CMs were thinking too :laughing:

STAAAAHHHPPPP ITTTTTT :sad:

RAHHHHNNN! STAAAAAAHHPPPP!

308184_10150284141670847_683665846_7853540_3206834_n.jpg

Blaming the poor Mousekeepers :rotfl2:

It's funny because he was actually serious for a while! He was like "Well I don't have it and you don't have it. And mousekeeping took the contact lenses and ponchos yesterday...."
I was like, "I understand them throwing away what they think is trash, but you can't seriously think they took one of your galactic hero buttons.." :rotfl2:

HE IS SO PRECIOUS! I hope he is still there next year!

Richard is the BEST! I hope you find him :goodvibes

I know that feeling! And that song definitely gets to me too :sad1:

I'm glad I'm not the only one! The Magical Express back to the airport is the WORST.

It's been a pleasure!! So glad to have gotten to know you through your TR :hug:

Me too it's been awesome!! :hug: I can't believe I've actually made friends here! I thought everyone would think I was so weird :rotfl:

SO EXCITING!!! I CAN'T WAIT TO READ IT!! Going over there now! :dancer:

Woo see you there :goodvibes

I finally finished your TR. It was AMAZING!! I laughed at your story telling and related to your sadness at leaving WDW. Thanks to you and one of your first posts of this trip, Tapestry of Nations is one of my favorites now. I listen to it when I am doing the boring parts of my job. Thank you for sharing your adventures. It makes my day a little better. I am excited to read your new TR. Can't wait!!! Until next time... see ya real soon.

This message made me smile so much! Thank you! I'm so glad you enjoyed it. And I love that you listen to Tapestry of Nations, I listen to it all the time it makes my heart happy :goodvibes Hope to see you over at the new report :goodvibes

Great trip report- I very much enjoyed it! Thanks for sharing it with us! Heading over now to read about this years trip!

Thanks so much! I'm glad you enjoyed it :goodvibes yay, see you over there!

I say... DEMAND A FULL REFUND!!!!!

Hahaha, I see "that guy" far too often.. :sad2: :laughing:

OMG. YES.

So... did he stop?
And I'm sure... I'm sure! that the mom didn't apologize or even acknowledge it, right?

He did stop, maybe due to Jamie, or maybe because the show started shortly after....

But you're absolutely right, the parents literally couldn't care less. Even when Jamie made it super obvious what had happened. Mum and Dad were sat to the side facing inwards to each other just talking... It was awful to watch, I was so sad for that little girl. My brother was a little terror at that age but I can't imagine how frustrated I'd be if he got away with everything with no consequences like that. :sad2: :sad2: :sad2:

You’re the best!
Around!

Thanks........ But these 3 lines are all I need to learn :rotfl:

OMG! Where did you get that?!?!?
I recognized every little thing on there.
Although, for some reason, my eyes kept straying to juuuuuust above the keg of Sleeman's.

no idea, I just googled "Canada gif" - and the epitome of Canada showed up in one image :rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

I spent 9 months on a course in Cornwall (Ontario... not your neighborhood) where we were put up in a massive facility including rooms, gym, swimming pool, bar and.... cafeteria.
Sounds great? Not when you're stuck there with nothing around it and you're studying all the time.
And eating the same food... over and over.
But I digress.

The cafeteria. It, like so many of its ilk, left much to be desired.
The food was... hmmm... how should I put this.... horrid.
We didn't have to pay (it was included as part of the course, as were the rooms)
but still... free does not mean it has to be lousy.

Often, about once a week or so, they'd take all the crap that nobody wanted
(i.e. leftovers) and shove them into pastry shells.
Voila! Chicken pot pie! Mmmmm!!! (not... really, not)

There was about 15 - 20 of us on the same course. We'd work, study, play and... eat together.
So when Friday night came and we'd all troop down to the caf for dinner... and see that the "special" was chicken pot pie... we'd all collectively groan.

Until.

One Friday, we all decided we'd had enough.
So we all went and each one of us grabbed a chicken pot pie.
We all sat down together and waited for everyone to be seated.
Once we all were, we had a contest.
We all dug into our "chicken pot pies" and started hunting around in the durned things like mad.
The first person to find an actual piece of chicken would win.
It took a little while (some people had to go back for seconds...) but eventually someone found an actual piece of chicken. (It must've slipped in by mistake.)
The winner victoriously held his prize up!
"I got one!" He crowed.
We all cheered. Left 20 - 30 pot pies on the tables (you were supposed to clean up after yourselves) and went out for pizza.
The winner didn't have to pay.

Soon after, they stopped serving chicken pot pie.

Omg EW. This made me want to hurl. And they were actually advertising it as chicken pot pie?! DEMAND A REFUND. Oh wait, you didn't pay anything... DEMAND A FREE FASTPASS.

Oh my gosh that's amazing! I have never heard of someones goldfish living that long!

He's indestructible !!!!!

I LOVE this staircase! Whenever I'm on I just feel so special lol:thumbsup2

This is us on that staircase..

tumblr_lou3u1anVt1r074apo1_500.gif

:rotfl:

A wonderful collection of goodies! And I think I told you this months ago when you psted about it but I have that sweatshirt! I love it so much it is so cute and warm:lovestruc

YES! I love it so much :goodvibes It's gone a little funny after being washed a bunch of times though :confused3 but I still love it :goodvibes

I'm in love with your dress!!!:goodvibes You look gorgeous as always in it! :lovestruc

Owwww shucks thank you!! :cutie:

I love this! People are always posting about it. I've also seen the Cogsworth clock.

They brought out the Cogsworth clock like a week after we left! :sad2: I'm definitely going to get it next time. They also do a Chip mug!

beauty-and-the-beast-chip-teacup-bonjour-gifts-1-600x396.jpg

:lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc

I am so happy you got to see Wishes one final time for your last night in Disney! :goodvibes

Me too, I definitely would've regretted it if I had gone back :goodvibes

He is amazing, and you are totally right so sweet! I love seeing him - his smile just lightens everyone up! :lovestruc

I know! What a trooper, still working at 90 years old :goodvibes

I always get so upset and start crying when I leave Disney World as well. It's one of the saddest things to do. Only some people get it ;)

I'm glad I'm not the only one :laughing: The thought of going home kills me :sad2: why can't I live in Orlando?!

Great job with the TR Katie - I loved reading all about your adventures:goodvibes

Thanks so much girl! I'm so happy you joined in :goodvibes:goodvibes I see you've found my next one, see you over there :teeth:

Hello! Just found our TR & I'm loving it! We were there the week after you & we quickly fell in love with Disney that time of year. Although it was our first family trip, so we really didn't know what to expect by a "slow" time of the year, we were pleasantly surprised. Can't wait to catch up with the thread!

HEY! Awesome, I hope you enjoy it :goodvibes We love it in September, low crowds are the highest priority for us so we'd also maybe try January/February.. But we also like to get some sun, so September is always perfect for us (- if not a bit too hot..) I'm glad you enjoyed it too :goodvibes

before the American Adventure I spotted a very odd mix of characters out meeting… There was Goofy, Pluto and Donald, as well as Baloo and Rafiki…?! It looked fun. There was no rhyme or reason to it :confused3 :laughing:

You came across character training! How fabulous! (And GOOFY was there!!!) :goofy:

the pianist was playing in the lobby

I loved the musicians at the Grand Floridian - they really step things up a notch. :thumbsup2

Oh my gosh, it was SO busy

Whoa! :eek: Where did all those people come from?!

The CM told us there’s usually a 5 minute leeway on the system so everything worked out.

Lies! ;)

I confirmed on our last trip that there's at least a 15 minute leeway at the end of your window. (The five minutes seems to hold true, however, when you window begins.)

This was a really special ride through because Space Mountain was still down, and all the lights were on!

It's so fun to see the inside of Space Mountain! It's just bizarre to see what the ride actually looks like!

“Say goodbye to that pole. Say goodbye to that bin. Say goodbye to that light.”
WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME.

-2, Jamie, -2. ;)

But about half way through the show a group of people left, and nobody filled their spot!
So I sneaked in, YAY.

:woohoo: Hooray for a final (prime!) viewing of Wishes!

I miss Stacey. I think we’re secret soul mates

I think you are, too. ::yes::

Still we were amused at the thought of seeing a member of housekeeping in the hallway putting in some contact lenses whist wearing a poncho and a Galactic Hero button :laughing:

:rotfl2:

I have the vanilla bean every year, it’s my comfort drink at MCO airport.

I once ordered this expecting to receive a strongly vanilla flavored frappuccino (with coffee in it). When I received an all-white fluffy beverage, I was like:

o_O

Where the hell is my coffee?!

(Yes, it was tasty. No, it was not what I was expecting. :laughing: )

Good thing the alcohol was free.
I drank my feelings.

:thumbsup2

Thank you all for reading along!

Thank you, Katie, for the fabulous and wonderful trip report! It's been a joy to read about your trip and to "meet" you and Jamie. I can't wait to hear about your experiences from this year!!! :goodvibes

You came across character training! How fabulous! (And GOOFY was there!!!) :goofy:

Is character training the same thing as characterpalooza? (Someone else mentioned it might have been characterpalooza) - either way - what a great thing :thumbsup2 who cares about them being in the correct themed location? Just throw as many characters into one space as possible, how amazing! :goodvibes:goodvibes

Whoa! :eek: Where did all those people come from?!

I KNOW! Go back to work people!!!! :sad2:

I confirmed on our last trip that there's at least a 15 minute leeway at the end of your window. (The five minutes seems to hold true, however, when you window begins.)

Well this is good to know! After power-walking to many attractions over the past year :rotfl:

-2, Jamie, -2. ;)

Indeed! :rotfl2:

I once ordered this expecting to receive a strongly vanilla flavored frappuccino (with coffee in it). When I received an all-white fluffy beverage, I was like:

o_O

Where the hell is my coffee?!

(Yes, it was tasty. No, it was not what I was expecting. :laughing: )

I love this drink but I totally agree. It was basically just a vanilla milkshake?! But it's so tastyyyy

Thank you, Katie, for the fabulous and wonderful trip report! It's been a joy to read about your trip and to "meet" you and Jamie. I can't wait to hear about your experiences from this year!!! :goodvibes

Thank you so much for being here!! :hug:

Katie, I LOVED your Trip Report! Thank you for taking the time to write it! (I liked it so much I actually came out of lurking to make my first DIS post here!) I don't know when my next Disney trip will be, and you have such a great writing style, I felt like I was living vicariously through you. You are SO funny, and you and Jamie seem like an awesome couple. I just did a day-trip a few months ago to Disneyland Paris during a trip to Europe, so I am excited to read your new trip report and hear about your experience there. (Also, you are so photogenic, do you ever take a bad picture???!!!)

Katie, I LOVED your Trip Report! Thank you for taking the time to write it! (I liked it so much I actually came out of lurking to make my first DIS post here!) I don't know when my next Disney trip will be, and you have such a great writing style, I felt like I was living vicariously through you. You are SO funny, and you and Jamie seem like an awesome couple. I just did a day-trip a few months ago to Disneyland Paris during a trip to Europe, so I am excited to read your new trip report and hear about your experience there. (Also, you are so photogenic, do you ever take a bad picture???!!!)

YAY for getting your first post! :laughing: Welcome officially to the Dis :thumbsup2 Aww thanks, I'm so glad you enjoyed my it :goodvibes that's cool that you've been to Disneyland Paris, I hope you enjoyed it. There's already some updates on my new TR, I hope to see you over there!

Also, OF COURSE I take bad pictures, they just rarely make it onto the internet :thumbsup2 but thank you! That's so sweet :goodvibes You might change that opinion when you see how tired I look in my DLP photos though :rotfl:

This is so cute! Great find, it will remind you of your achievements so nicely :goodvibes

Woo congrats!!! You can run a hell of a lot better than I can, I'm still working on finishing a 10k without passing out :rotfl:

Oh you live in London now?! I don't think I knew that?! Cool! Is that recent? How are you finding it? a mini break to Disneyland Paris would certainly cure the Disney blues :thumbsup2 I think the Eurostar leaves from St. Pancras and goes all the way to the Disneyland train station! Super easy :goodvibes

OMG... where do all the days keep going I keep meaning to reply to this!!

Well... only a couple of months ago I ran a 10k in the Olympic park and it was roasting... I almost passed out myself! We started with a couch to 5k programme and I could barely run for the 1min intervals so it's totally doable!

YES I do! I only moved in July so yes it's pretty recent... I was living in Dublin before that, moved to north London near Highgate.
I really love London but it's so busy... like I said days just disappear! Ye exactly and St. Pancras is only a few stops from me so it's perfect.

I also fell in love with these pajama shorts, I went back and bought them the next day!

22306072842_d507a87cb7_b.jpg

I am in LOVE with these!!!! They look really comfy too.... LOVE a good pair of PJ's and it always feels like a real treat to buy them anywhere other than Primark :D

Like, "Hello world, I’m British and I’m so proud of our Jacob’s Cream Crackers and Branston Pickle.." :rotfl:

Haha it is a bit of a random mix isn't it?! I assume they have tea and stuff as well? I've heard they have some Irish stuff too like Butlers chocolate, I've actually never been in the UK store...

I left without buying anything, and went to see the giant koi fish!

22293522726_1ccf94aaee_b.jpg

They are so huge!
My goldfish is 19 years old (no, mother swears she never replaced him! At the age of 24 I’m sure she’d tell me now if she did :laughing:) and he’s way too big for his little tank, I bet he’d love to live here.

Coy Fish are awesome! I saw loads when I was in Tokyo, the Japan pavilion is pretty interested, it was fun going there having been to the real thing as well...

I got the mango green tea slush, oh my gosh, it was delicious and so refreshing on a hot day. I’ve also heard the strawberry oolong is great too, although I’ve never tried it. This one really hit the spot!

This looks so refreshing!!! I'm not a huge fan of green tea though... But looking at this I think I would be willing to give it a go!

I decided to have a look at everything I’d bought.

You got some great stuff!!! That pillow is great I love how it's pretty subtle as well. Mickey and Minnie are just too cute! I also got a splash photo frame! Mine is a bit different though it has bits coming out of the frame... I've still got it wrapped it though, I want to get a nice picture in January for it (without the ex) so pressure will be on for our drops!
Oh my gosh, it was SO busy.
And it was Monday night.

22134718808_8cf2dc4125_b.jpg

The same happened to us on our trip! You get used to the low crowds and then BAM it's super busy!! That's when the fastpasses come in really handy! It's seems to be getting busier in general too which is annoying!

After Big Thunder we went to Broccoliville! (aka Columbia Harbour House.)
We’re such creatures of habit. I just LOVE that chicken pot pie. We both got our big heaps of broccoli and a side of fries to share.
Throughout the meal Jamie just kept aggressively saying,

“I LOVE BROCCOLIIIIIII!!!”

HAHA for some reason I find this hilarious! There is SO MUCH BROCCOLI on that plate

After Buzz we walked through New Fantasyland and I went into Bonjour! Village Gifts and bought this LUMIERE CANDLESTICK.

22309363382_650e57c4f2_c.jpg

:love::lovestruc:love::lovestruc:love:
Ugh it’s so awesome. It’s battery powered and the flames light up and even flicker like a real candle! I love it so much.

This is going on my shopping list I LOVE IT!! I'm such a sucker for anything Beauty and Beast though... I saw you mention the clock as well in a later post I must look for that too...

As we left Tomorrowland Jamie kept saying,
“Say goodbye to that pole. Say goodbye to that bin. Say goodbye to that light.”
WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME.
I started to say “Goodbye… Until tomorrow…” :thumbsup2.

Oh no!! Saying goodbye is just so HARD :sad:

[/QUOTE]

While we were waiting we got chatting to THIS GUY!!!
22135374300_bcf246fb20_b.jpg

RICHARD!!!!!

OH that is such a nice end to your trip!!! Richard sounds amazing! The people in Disney really make it a magical trip

It made Jamie laugh that I went from silence to just bursting into tears upon hearing that daft song.

Aw soooooo SAD :sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:

To join in with my new trip report, CLICK HERE!!!

And Everything You Do, CELEBRATE YOU! (5 days at DLP / 15 days at the Poly! Sept/Oct 2015)

We were at WDW for our first ever Food and Wine Festival, and we also attended Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party! We had so much fun and I’m excited to start reliving the magic!

You've started your new one already???!!!!

Really excited to see how you got on a the party I thought it was such a good night!

Last edited:
Another lurker here saying thank you for a great report. I've enjoyed reading all of it! I especially liked your little British touches (like your biscuit pictures:)). Although I am Canadian, I lived in Aberdeen for a year about 15 years ago, so I appreciate things like that.

I'm happy to see that you've started a new trip report. I'n heading there now to catch up on your latest adventure!

Looks like you and Jamie had a fantastic trip!!

Heart broken that this TR is over, but hopping on over to your new one. See you there!

Katie-I loved your trip report and can't wait to read your new one You and Jamie are absolutely adorbs! I have k get some of those pajamas at Epcot when we go for Thanksgiving - my husband says that ALL the time

I'm so jealous you take a two week trip but I'm sure it makes sense if you are traveling across the pond ✈️ And you are there in the off season, at least what's left of the off season at DW. With DH as a teacher we travel the same time as the masses, hence spending thanksgiving at the world! DD and I are leaving Sunday the 22nd to get ahead start since hubby can't leave until the 24th. The crazy thing is friends of ours who moved to NC last year are crazy enough to join us for the holiday there

Your TR has really helped feed the excitement of our upcoming trip! I'm off to find your next TR

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter