Oga's Cantina at HS

disgirl

DIS Veteran
Hi! I will be making my dining reservations this week for my Dec. trip and thought I had everything we wanted planned, but am now wondering if I should try to get a reservation at Oga's Cantina on our HS day. It will just be DH and me and DH is a Star Wars fan. I thought it might be nice to have a drink and maybe something to eat. I know their menu only has like 2 food items on it, but thought it might be fun, but I do not know really anything about the experience.

Is it worth trying once? Any thoughts will be very much appreciated. Thanks!!

It's neat to look around, and hang out with a drink. I don't know that you need to bother with food. It's unlikely that you will actually sit anywhere, it's mostly standing tables. That alone makes it a "one drink & briefly enjoy the setting" stop for me.

Definitely a great experience for a SW fan. I’d go for it! They have some really interesting drinks and the atmosphere is lively and fun.

Absolutely it is a fun experience. DO NOT order any of the food items, highly disappointing. Just grab a drink(s), check out the DJ and atmosphere, take some pics.

If you want a good snack hit Baseline Tap House. Pretzels are huge and fresh. If you were familiar with Writer's Stop at DHS and/or like nods to history - check out all the shelves and wall decor.

I think it’s fine to skip. My DH is a Star Wars fan and thought it was cool to look around for about 5 minutes, but it’s so packed and crowded, it kind of loses something. Standing there - no bar stools or anything - wasn’t really fun for us.

I would have said it’s worth to try once, but I just went to the website and saw the current prices. Ouch. IMO, it’s not worth close to $50 for two adult drinks.

Google had a bunch of pictures of the inside taken when it’s operational. I’d recommend checking them out and deciding if you are good with the set up before booking.

Try and get the last booking time of the day. Ours was 45 mins after the park was closed. DHS is completely different leaving when it is empty. You can also hear what Galaxy's Edge sounds like without the crowd noise.

Attachments

• 394E7029-693C-4F2E-8484-3338ECFFF0B6 (1).jpeg
    394E7029-693C-4F2E-8484-3338ECFFF0B6 (1).jpeg
    45 KB · Views: 24
  • oga2.jpeg
    oga2.jpeg
    29.6 KB · Views: 23
We’ve also had a magical experience at Ogas, booking the last booking. I then requested to wait for a booth, which let us close down the joint, and exit through an empty Galaxy’s Edge. They walk you out, and the CMs can’t go home till you do, but they let us grab some pics.

We did not like it at all, it looked cool but we didn't enjoy how cramped it was, having it barked at us more than once it was only 45 min (as If I could stay in there that long) and especially did not like sitting crammed into a small table with 2 other families it was so awkward, no-one expected this. If I ever went back I would go early in the am, if there is a tablespoon of booze in the drink I'd be shocked, as a result I wouldn't hesitate to go very early. Didn't love the flavor of the drinks either, they could have done so much more, especially with the drinks, I mean there are mixologists now & it's Star Wars... flubbed it.

Ehhh, I'd go early and just know what you are going to be experiencing, we really thought it would be a fun bar - it was just stylized.

Last edited:
Absolutely not worth the walk inside. unless you don't but anything and leave right away after looking around. Was terrible experience.

1. We visited Oga's during the 2023 Dapper Days Weekend Dec 2-3, 2023. (Dec-2 was AK)
2. My wife, daughter, and brother-in-law sat together.
3. We each had ONE drink and the two available appetizer trays.
4. Although (as expected) the prices were very high, the drinks were good and food tasty.
5. The only issue, is the drinks are pre-made and no substitutions.
. . . you cannot order anything but the drinks on the menu
. . . no special orders or drinks you would have elsewhere
6. Seating is mostly communal and seat up to eight people around a rectangular table.
. . . there are smaller tables, but not many
. . . most people stand at the "bar" and talk while drinking

NOTE1:
Although expensive and ONLY appetizers for food, it is still delightful for a SW Fan.
We won't visit again, but was worth the effort and expense of a Single Visit.
Where else can one imagine (and hope) Han would slide into a booth next to yours ?!?!?!
NOTE2:
Dapper Days is an independent effort and not Disney-sponsored.
Typically, there are two WDW weekends per year, so they do each park once.
There is also a Dapper Day event at Disneyland.
Park guests dress in Period outfits (Gay-Nineties, Roaring-Twenties, etc).

a. I had a striped shirt, matching shorts, suspenders, bow tie, and hat).
b. My wife and daughter were Musketeers and B-I-L was Indians Jones
c. Each had very authentic looking outfits.
d. Other guests were casually dressed or totally decked-all-out.
e. These are hand-made and not off-the-rack costumes or outfits.
Walking around, you voiced "Happy Dapper Days" to others dressed in this manner.
The next Dapper Days weekend is April 20-21, 2024.
Check out the outfits people make for the event!
. . . see (https://dapperday.com/pages/spring-2024-walt-disney-world-fl)

We went in October 2022 and it is a once and done for us but we are glad we went. It was very cool experience and the staff was lovely, DH knocked over his drink after one sip and they immediately replaced it (we were seated at the bar). The guy at the front also entertained my kids as wer waited for our reservation and told them tons of silly Star Wars stories. Drinks were good, the food was awful. But it was a cool experience.

Definitely worth getting drinks, not food. If you're in a smaller group, you might end up at the bar, and the bartenders are great to talk to.

Definitely worth getting drinks, not food. If you're in a smaller group, you might end up at the bar, and the bartenders are great to talk to.
I've had two great experiences and one dud. For the dud experience, they broke my party of 11 into three groups and made us all stand in different spots. I was expecting we'd get a booth since we were the perfect size to just about fill one. Worse, they put my son in this tiny high chair that didn't reach the counter they had us set up at, and we were really squeezed in there with complete strangers. It's a shame because my first two experiences were so good, but I don't think I'll be back.

Oga’s has lost its appeal for me. I used to enjoy going at least once every trip and paying with my Spira, but the only reason I am going this next trip is because the friend I am traveling with has never been. Have the permanently stopped the show with the Bespin Fuzz? If so, not sure it is worth it anymore. The higher prices, crammed next to folks you don’t know… I choose to spend the $$ elsewhere now.

But I do agree that for a Star Wars fan it is a must do at least once.

We did a 1030am got 2 drinks and were good. The storm troopers came in and stared at us and asked questions like we were the rebels. If only do it again if we were with others who hasn’t gone

Expectations is everything when it comes to Oga's. If you're expecting a lifelong memory type experience you'll be disappointed. If you expect a Star Wars themed and overpriced bar, you'll enjoy. It's a cool spot, nothing more or less.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter