Offsite / onsite split stay how-to question.

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone! Long story short, we were offered a pretty great deal at a Hilton (timeshare presentation required). Planning to stay at Hilton Lake Buena Vista at DS for 3 nights and then 1 night at BWI club level. My problem is the way it is working out. How do I go about activating my tickets (I have not purchased them yet) and fast passes prior to the BWI stay? I'd like to do the Disney resort first but availability is not cooperating. And I think the BWI is a nicer hotel, so leaving that for last might be a better plan anyway. Any idea what I need to do to sync the tickets and have everything go smoothly? Is there a certain way I need to do this?

My plan is to check out of the Hilton on an EPCOT morning, check in to BWI, leave our bags and then just head to EPCOT.

Thank you for any and all advice!

you won’t be able to schedule fastpasses 60 days prior for your days offsite. You should be able to link your ticket/vouchers on the app MyDisneyExperience along with the reservation number of you onsite stay, you go from there to book fastpasses 60 days for the dayes they will allow. For the other days unless I’m wrong, you will need to book same day fastpasses.

Hilton Lake Buena Vista was including in the DS hotels that now offer 60 day FP+ reservations, however, I'm not sure if bookings made for the timeshare presentation would qualify (hopefully someone will pop on here to confirm).

Your best bet is to purchase your tickets separately and then link the tickets and both hotel reservation confirmations to MDE. If you purchase your tickets as a package with BWI, you would have to wait until your are onsite to activate them early and only then would you be able to make FP+ for the Hilton portion of your stay. If you purchase the tickets separately and link tickets and both hotels, your 60 day window will definitely open prior to your BWI stay and it just might open 60 days prior to the Hilton as well. If it doesn't open at 60 days for the Hilton, you would still, at least, get the 30 day FP+ advantage because you have separate, valid ticket media linked to MDE.

@hiroMYhero, do you happen to know this?
60 days prior to the DSprings hotel check-in, FPs can be booked for all park days including the stay at the Disney Resort.

Any type of DSprings Hotel bookings open the 60-day FP booking for length of stay and onsite Split Stays keep the booking window open.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter