Offsite Hotel April 2018

hollellen

Earning My Ears
We are taking a last minute trip to Orlando April 1-5 and need hotel recommendations as close to Universal as possible - fun for a 6 year old and nice for us parents. All on-site hotels are unavailable. We are usually Disney-goers so are unfamiliar with transportation and hotels around Universal.

Thank you!!

We are taking a last minute trip to Orlando April 1-5 and need hotel recommendations as close to Universal as possible - fun for a 6 year old and nice for us parents. All on-site hotels are unavailable. We are usually Disney-goers so are unfamiliar with transportation and hotels around Universal.

Thank you!!

Most of the hotels in the direct vicinity are your basic chain hotels. Many have transportation and with some, they are within walking distance. Check out the hotels on googlemaps and investigate which would suit you best. Not sure what vacancy is going to be like since this is a VERY popular time and you definitely are late to the show, lol.

Drury Inn is often recommended. It is a great little hotel.

As mentioned most of the hotels close by will probably have some type of park/area shuttle. But not all shuttles are equal. :crazy2: So as damo mentioned, you might use Google maps or a hotel tool like travelocity or hotels.com to see which have availability and at what price. If you want to make use of the hotel's shuttle to get to/from the parks, then you might want to call a few of the hotels to find out how often the shuttles run and are they direct or do they have lots of other stops along the way. That might help making your decision a little easier.

If onsite is something you would still prefer, I'd continue to check for availability. I had been checking for our trip as my first choice wasn't available when I originally booked and after some dedication to checking for availability, I did get the hotel I wanted for the dates I wanted. Now we are going at the beginning of spring break season, not right on easter weekend, so that may have had an impact on something coming up, but it's still worth checking.

That is a good point. It is not unusual for a conference/event to have a large block of rooms for their attendees to use. But usually a week or 2 before the event, the unused rooms from the block will be released. So keep looking. Just because there isn't any availability right now, doesn't mean there won't be some next week.

You can also use the Loews website as well. I tend to like it as it is easier to check the AP rate there.

I just did a search and found a Poolside room at Cabana Bay for your dates. You might want to jump on that if you would like to stay onsite.

Ooops it is gone now. That was quick!

I just looked, and Cabana Bay does have rooms for April 1-5 (both standard and poolside categories).

Thank you!!

The Loews site has ONE room at Cabana Bay listed for your dates. If you want it get it quick!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter