***Officially Official September 2017 Thread***

For our HS day...

How does this look everyone?

Plan A
9am adr at bon voyage
1030-1130am toy story fp(have not booked yet)
1130-12pm frozen sing a long fp (have not booked yet)
1210-1234pm Disney jr show
Meet Sofia
120-137pm voyage of the little mermaid fp (have not booked yet)
2-230pm beauty and the beast
Leave

OR

Plan B
9am adr bon voyage
1030-1130am toy story fp
1130-12pm frozen sing along fp
Meet Olaf
1-130pm beauty and the beast
210-227pm voyage of the little mermaid fp
Meet Sofia
310-334pm Disney JR show
Leave

Which one is more doable?

FP day was today and I did it, I got all my Fast passes either exactly the time I wanted or close to it. I even got a FoP morning FP. :cheer2::cool1:
I did that first and its my last full day at the parks so that was probably the reason it was so easy, I got through the mobile app with no problems, my laptop was being difficult. I even tweaked most of what I had to improve them. I haven't touched FoP, I'm too afraid of accidently deleting it :rotfl2:.

I'm so glad to have got that done and know where I stand with most of the days. I spent the last coupe of days with my spreadsheets on break at work and at home.

Just so you guys know conflicting information just came out for Mission Space refurb--this straight from Disney Parks Blog:
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...s-begins-at-mission-space-in-august-at-epcot/

Sooooooooo Disney is saying August...but no actual opening date yet. This does match what was said at D23 where it was mentioned "next month" (which would be August) that Mission Space would reopen with the new features. However, it does contradict an earlier story that was floating around that the refurb would extend through September and possibly even part of October.

So yeah..this one I guess we'll have to see on. But I feel like it would lesson the sting of having things closed. It would mean 4 things instead of 5 things closed for our trip so I've got some cautious hope here.

I couldn't get a Mission Space FP on my Epcot days and that was over two weeks of September. It could be because they don't have that final date determined though.

I'm going early Sept, but we were doing a breakfast at Tusker House anyway and it was only $5 more per person to make it a ROL dining package, so that's what we did and what I would suggest if you plan on eating there, anyway! Then you can save the FP for something else!

That's what I did, I was already doing Tusker House on a different morning so I switched days and got RoL with it otherwise I was looking at using up a FP.

Lol, I wonder what I said! HAHA!

Personally I don't think there is a right or wrong answer when it comes to online check in. Really more of a personal preference thing. I wasn't into it at first but have pretty much converted to doing it every time now. But I could really go 50/50, no strong feeling one way or the other.

One thing I'd note, doing online check-in doesn't necessarily mean you have to bypass the front desk. Sure, you can, but you don't have to. I typically do both as I like to hear whatever the CM has to say, chat a bit, get any paperwork, etc. Doing online check-in will speed up the physical check-in part a bit.

I think I'll do it a bit closer to the time and then visit the front desk anyway especially if it helps speed up the process.

Why was it being recommended that you do it 60 days out?

I couldn't get a Mission Space FP on my Epcot days and that was over two weeks of September. It could be because they don't have that final date determined though.
They won't release FP regardless until they have a confirmed opening date. As of right now it's just August (at least according to Disney Parks blog) and they did say "Keep your eye on the Disney Parks Blog for more insight into the changes and opening dates."

We check in at the resort on the 24th not the 23rd. I have to get Daniela to fix my date. My book and the MDE says the 26 July for fastpass reservations/ early check in. Our leave from home date has changed 3 times since we started planning this trip. We were originally leaving super early Sunday and driving straight thru. We then changed to leaving on Saturday morning, now plans are early Friday morning. I graduated High School not far from Disney and I am meeting up with a friend, checking out Disney Springs, etc, before we hit the Parks.

Sorry for the mix up and thanks for the heads up.!!!

Here are my dining plans

23 Sep- Boston Lobster Feast on International Drive.

24 Sep- T- Rex- Lunch

25 Sep- Open

26 Sep- Hollywood and vine- Dinner

27 Sep- Chief Mickey- Breakfast
Be our Guest- Lunch

28th Sep -Cinderella's Royal table- Dinner

29th Sep- Le Cellier- Dinner

This will be my longest vacation ever and to Disney World too!

We check in at the resort on the 24th not the 23rd. I have to get Daniela to fix my date. My book and the MDE says the 26 July for fastpass reservations/ early check in. Our leave from home date has changed 3 times since we started planning this trip. We were originally leaving super early Sunday and driving straight thru. We then changed to leaving on Saturday morning, now plans are early Friday morning. I graduated High School not far from Disney and I am meeting up with a friend, checking out Disney Springs, etc, before we hit the Parks.

Sorry for the mix up and thanks for the heads up.!!!

I went by these dates bc you are there on the 23rd (just offsite). I changed it to the 24th

Last edited:

Lol, I wonder what I said! HAHA!

Personally I don't think there is a right or wrong answer when it comes to online check in. Really more of a personal preference thing. I wasn't into it at first but have pretty much converted to doing it every time now. But I could really go 50/50, no strong feeling one way or the other.

One thing I'd note, doing online check-in doesn't necessarily mean you have to bypass the front desk. Sure, you can, but you don't have to. I typically do both as I like to hear whatever the CM has to say, chat a bit, get any paperwork, etc. Doing online check-in will speed up the physical check-in part a bit.
Thanks. IMO, you always have sound judgment and advise others well!

I see what @Daniela Rose was saying about ADRs for ROL packages are everyday now. That wasn't an option before. But poop if I can find a morning one for the whole week. Lol

Or an evening one! Every day during our trip I can't find anything!

I see the rol dining package has been added to every night in September, but maybe you can't book it yet? I'd keep trying. Constantly. Lol.

I see what @Daniela Rose was saying about ADRs for ROL packages are everyday now. That wasn't an option before. But poop if I can find a morning one for the whole week. Lol

Or an evening one! Every day during our trip I can't find anything!

Go now! I just pulled up availability. Out of curiousity I checked 9/20 for 2 and was able to get 1040am. There def availability

We are arriving Sept. 12- and only staying 3 nights before DCL cruise. I did not get a FOP FP+ for any of our days. Is it possible to do this: 9/13 rope drop AK and head straight to FOP, than I have FP for safari 9:20-10:20, then I have a FP for Navi River 10:20-11:20, then I have EE at 11:20-12:20

Just worried about the FOP standby. How do you think it will be at ropedrope? Also, staying at YC - if I board the bus by 8-8:15 will I make rope drop at AK?

There was not a single FP for FOP when my window opened last Friday. I was going to make all my plans around that FOP fast pass.

Other plans as of now are: arrive at Resort at 12:30 eat lunch at Epcot Sept. 12 (soaring and Pixar fps) and maybe hang out on the Boardwalk, 9/13 is AK half day and then HS that evening. 9/14 is MK ropedrop and Maybe ride thunder railroad, potc, and iasw (me not DH -he hates it), no plans for 9/15 other than taking bus back to mco to catch One of the first DCL buses to PC See ya soon in the World

Alert: In the MNSSHP thread, there have been reports that FPs booked using the MNSSHP ticket entitlement have been canceled.

If FPs have been booked for regular park days + the Party Day, the system is Canceling the last day of booked FPs whether or not it is a Party Day.

Disney apparently is deeming a Party ticket as invalid for FP booking and the number of days of FPs you have booked must match the number of regular MYW ticket entitlements linked in your MDE account.

As a precaution, you may want to delete FPs booked specifically for your MNSSHP day.

Please see the MNSSHP thread for more info:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/o...-so-scary-halloween-party-boo-to-you.3580223/

We are arriving Sept. 12- and only staying 3 nights before DCL cruise. I did not get a FOP FP+ for any of our days. Is it possible to do this: 9/13 rope drop AK and head straight to FOP, than I have FP for safari 9:20-10:20, then I have a FP for Navi River 10:20-11:20, then I have EE at 11:20-12:20

Just worried about the FOP standby. How do you think it will be at ropedrope? Also, staying at YC - if I board the bus by 8-8:15 will I make rope drop at AK?

There was not a single FP for FOP when my window opened last Friday. I was going to make all my plans around that FOP fast pass.

Other plans as of now are: arrive at Resort at 12:30 eat lunch at Epcot Sept. 12 (soaring and Pixar fps) and maybe hang out on the Boardwalk, 9/13 is AK half day and then HS that evening. 9/14 is MK ropedrop and Maybe ride thunder railroad, potc, and iasw (me not DH -he hates it), no plans for 9/15 other than taking bus back to mco to catch One of the first DCL buses to PC See ya soon in the World

Hmmmmmmm, I don't like the sound of that! It seems to me like your plan should work. From what I'm seeing over on the Pandora thread, if you head straight to FoP at rope drop you're wait should be less than an hour, depending on how far back you are in the crowd. Don't quote me on that but that seems to be the pattern. I know that's my plan for one of the days, but I'm doing rope drop on an EMH morning that day, too. Keep checking for FPs, don't give up.

According to the old transportation wizard says YC to AK is 28mins.
http://www.ourlaughingplace.com/aspx/twiz.aspx

I don't think I've seen anything in recent weeks but when Kenny the Pirate was at AK on June 23rd (for an 8am open, Sept 13th is 9am) he was there at 7am and they moved to a holding area just before 7:30am for Pandora.

https://twitter.com/thepiratekenny/status/878211401046790144

So maybe aim to get there for 8-8:15 rather than get the bus at that time. I haven't seen wait times from opening but this morning was 60 mins at 8:50ish during EMH. It might calm down a bit by September.

This is from the Pandora thread this morning.

Opening procedures this week from @WebmasterDoc

Yesterday's procedures. Arrived at 8:15AM for 9AM. Got to Pandora just after 9AM. Line already for FoP but no line for NRJ. FoP read 135 minutes.

Today, arrived 20 minutes earlier. Got into AK about 8:15AM. Guests were being held on the bridge into Pandora. Guests were allowed in at 8:45AM. 60 minute wait at 8:55AM. Once inside the bus doing they were routed from the first room directly into the line up areas for the ride. Bypassing much of the queue. They were into the pre-show room at roughly 9:10AM and exited the ride into Windtraders at 9:25AM.

Here is what we experienced a couple days ago:

We were at AK for rope drop Tuesday. We arrived at AK via Disney bus at 8:00. They started letting people through the tapstiles at 8:20. We were led to pandora and stayed there from about 8:25-8:40. At 8:40 we began walking to FoP. We were in a longer line outside the official queue and entered the "real" queue at 8:51. We were exiting the ride at 9:21. We also bypassed a lot of the inside queue, so if you are riding standby first thing in the morning, you might not get to see the floating avator and lab area (we did not).

Ymmv, but I would say if you want to ride it with a short wait at rope drop, arrive no later than 1 hour before opening.

Following our FoP ride, we headed right over to standby NRJ. We were in the standby line at 9:26 and exiting he ride at 10:05.

Last edited:
So maybe aim to get there for 8-8:15 rather than get the bus at that time. I haven't seen wait times from opening but this morning was 60 mins at 8:50ish during EMH. It might calm down a bit by September.

That's exactly what I'm thinking/hoping. :worship:

Reactions: ean

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter