Official Wine & Dine 2018

Can't remember if someone here was interested in the Bon Voyage character breakfast but someone just posted on the November ADR Cancelation thread for Friday, November 2. Party of 6 at 10ish.

I just cannot hang with the blind buying! It drives me batty! I know you can return it, but man, I like to see what I buy when I'm spending that much money on it. I generally buy one at the expo if I like it. I loved last years, but then found it had a snag on it when I got home and runDisney never responded to me about an exchange or anything. I have no clue how to fix it either. Drives me nuts! But at least it's cute and fits like a dream!

So I am trying to plan my park day for Saturday, Nov. 3 after the 10K. What time do you think we would be able to be in the park following the race?? We will probably finish the 10K in about 1:20 to 1:30, depending on how long the lines are for the characters. I want to make sure I don't pick a Fastpass time too early to get there.

So I am trying to plan my park day for Saturday, Nov. 3 after the 10K. What time do you think we would be able to be in the park following the race?? We will probably finish the 10K in about 1:20 to 1:30, depending on how long the lines are for the characters. I want to make sure I don't pick a Fastpass time too early to get there.

Kind of depends on where you are staying and if you have your own transportation. And of course which corral you’ll start from. But I would think 10:00 is doable but lot of variables to make a real good guess.

We usually don’t start making FP+ till noon ish as it gives us time to linger post race for phot ops bus back to our hotel and shower/take a quick nap before heading to a park and closing it out

We usually don’t start making FP+ till noon ish as it gives us time to linger post race for phot ops bus back to our hotel and shower/take a quick nap before heading to a park and closing it out

We're similar and don't make FastPasses till around noon. Figure we can linger post race, relax and shower and we use Disney transportation so this generally gives us plenty of time. If we're there earlier we'll grab a bite to eat or Starbucks, meet a character or ride something we don't have a FastPass for.

I'm now rethinking our plan of breakfast at Kona Cafe at 8:45AM after the 5k. We're running it with my mom and sister, who are not at all runners and will likely walk the overwhelming majority of it, and I'm now concerned we won't make it back in time to do that, and then even if we do, it'll take up too much time and limit what we do at MK that day (we have a 5:55PM dinner reservation for my birthday at Cali Grill), AND they want to check out Trader Sam's which means being out of MK by 3 in order to get a table right when they open.

I'm now rethinking our plan of breakfast at Kona Cafe at 8:45AM after the 5k. We're running it with my mom and sister, who are not at all runners and will likely walk the overwhelming majority of it, and I'm now concerned we won't make it back in time to do that, and then even if we do, it'll take up too much time and limit what we do at MK that day (we have a 5:55PM dinner reservation for my birthday at Cali Grill), AND they want to check out Trader Sam's which means being out of MK by 3 in order to get a table right when they open.

The other option is to make that day a non-park day and then spend as much time as you'd like at the Poly both for breakfast and drinks. You can make it a day to go see some resorts and take it easy without trying to commando MK.

First time participant here - what time do people usually get back to the hotel after the 5k? We are not fast... and will probably want to take advantage of character pics and such.

We are pondering staying 1 night vs 2, staying offsite or on, etc and it'd be helpful to know how much of that morning will be taken up with the event.

Thanks!

First time participant here - what time do people usually get back to the hotel after the 5k? We are not fast... and will probably want to take advantage of character pics and such.

We are pondering staying 1 night vs 2, staying offsite or on, etc and it'd be helpful to know how much of that morning will be taken up with the event.

Thanks!
Dark Side was the only 5K I did and I was on main street watching the trolly show while my friend hopped into the emporium at 1025 according to my phones time stamp. FWIW started in coral D made a few on course stops (53 min finish time according to Fitbit tracker) and met Phasma and Boba Fett post race

The other option is to make that day a non-park day and then spend as much time as you'd like at the Poly both for breakfast and drinks. You can make it a day to go see some resorts and take it easy without trying to commando MK.

If it was just my wife and I, that's exactly what we'd do. But with my mom and sister, they only have 3 days to use 3 park tickets. They arrive Thursday and we have to go right to pick up bibs and stuff, Friday is planned as 5k/MK/Cali, Saturday as AK or HS, Sunday the wife and I run the half and then we do Epcot for F&W, then check out and they leave Monday.

Any training advice for the two course challenge? I started the Galloway training program this week. W&D will be my second half marathon, but first runDisney challenge!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter