Official Wine & Dine 2018

Been working on costume ideas. DS was hesitant to wear a costume, but I think I've convinced him to dress up as a VIP Castmember. We'll be providing expedited access to water stops and the finish line along our magical journey.

At this point I'm hoping the distraction of being dressed up will help get me through the half. I fell and messed my MCL up 5 weeks ago. This morning Orthopedist just reviewed my MRI's from this week. My MCL is still pretty badly stretched and inflamed. I haven't really run since I messed my knee up and it looks like any opportunity to run before the race will be minimal at this point.

They would put me in D by bib number, but that doesn't correlate to my PoT, so I expect either the bib numbers or corral letters to be off a bit - by time, I should be in E for last year's breakdown.

This may very well be the case as I am in the exact same situation as you are. Another possible explanation is that there are fewer runners this year (either overall or and/or who submitted POTs) so many returning runners will be in an earlier corral.

Last year, I used a PoT of 1:51:29 and was in corral B. If corrals don't change, I should be in A this year. Possibly fewer people with faster PoTs or a small corral A?

At this point I'm hoping the distraction of being dressed up will help get me through the half. I fell and messed my MCL up 5 weeks ago. This morning Orthopedist just reviewed my MRI's from this week. My MCL is still pretty badly stretched and inflamed. I haven't really run since I messed my knee up and it looks like any opportunity to run before the race will be minimal at this point.
UGH, I'm sorry. Hope it heals quickly for you!

Been working on costume ideas. DS was hesitant to wear a costume, but I think I've convinced him to dress up as a VIP Castmember. We'll be providing expedited access to water stops and the finish line along our magical journey.

So sorry to hear that! I was just wondering if you were still going to go for a BQ this fall, but I guess that's going to be on hold. I hope you heal up soon!

Best of luck to you! I never realized how upsetting a pre race injury can be, until going through it. I hope you are able to heal quickly and get through the race.pixiedust:

Another C here if 2017 corrals hold. DH fits into B, but may stay with me. If some people move up a little, @rteetz you might be in B; you were so close! Yes, I stalked you because you are one of the few that I know your real name, and I saw that your bib number is between mine and DH's. Can't wait to see how it all shakes out.

Another C here if 2017 corrals hold. DH fits into B, but may stay with me. If some people move up a little, @rteetz you might be in B; you were so close! Yes, I stalked you because you are one of the few that I know your real name, and I saw that your bib number is between mine and DH's. Can't wait to see how it all shakes out.
I know! I’ll take anything above the back of the pack!

It's interesting that rD doesn't make the corrals an even # of people in each - wonder why they do that? I should be in B but who knows at this point!

It's interesting that rD doesn't make the corrals an even # of people in each - wonder why they do that? I should be in B but who knows at this point!

My guess would be because the corrals are split by expected finish time/pace and there are less people that meet that requirement for the earlier corrals. Putting more people in those corrals could lead to a lot of different paces trying to get around each other. Probably wouldn’t be that big of a deal but people are also terrible at self placement in corrals so they do it the way they do it.

My guess would be because the corrals are split by expected finish time/pace and there are less people that meet that requirement for the earlier corrals. Putting more people in those corrals could lead to a lot of different paces trying to get around each other. Probably wouldn’t be that big of a deal but people are also terrible at self placement in corrals so they do it the way they do it.
I think that this is correct. With all of the character picture stops it gives runners a better chance to stay with runners of similar speed, avoiding the need to pass slower runners. This is important because of the number of choke points in the rD course. Races without character stops don't have the same problem. Within a few miles runners sort themselves out and there is not a ton of passing after that, and the passing that does take place happens between runners or fairly equal speed - much safer.

The real problem is for faster runners who cannot or do not submit PoT and have to start in the later corrals.

Just noticed there is an extra corral this year. Here is the listing for 2017 listing that shows A-G:

View attachment 357782

And then according to this year’s digital event guide, the staging area for the half includes A-H:

View attachment 357781

That would allow them to break up those last two corrals. Could move it from 3,000 people to 2,000 people. Or I guess just split the last corral into another 15 minute finish time split. It seems they need to do something take pressure off F though.

It is pretty crazy that last year they went from 804 in E to 3,324 in F. But I guess that’s where the PoT put people. :confused3

I think that this is correct. With all of the character picture stops it gives runners a better chance to stay with runners of similar speed, avoiding the need to pass slower runners. This is important because of the number of choke points in the rD course. Races without character stops don't have the same problem. Within a few miles runners sort themselves out and there is not a ton of passing after that, and the passing that does take place happens between runners or fairly equal speed - much safer.

The real problem is for faster runners who cannot or do not submit PoT and have to start in the later corrals.

I think so, too. And I would guess that it might also depend on how fast the overall field is? Do they factor that in?

For example, my current PoT generally puts me in an earlier corral in womens only races than it does in those that don’t make that distinction.

It’s getting so close to time! I’m excited:jumping1:

That would allow them to break up those last two corrals. Could move it from 3,000 people to 2,000 people. Or I guess just split the last corral into another 15 minute finish time split. It seems they need to do something take pressure off F though.

It is pretty crazy that last year they went from 804 in E to 3,324 in F. But I guess that’s where the PoT put people. :confused3
Yep, the last corrals are so big that they create a huge mess. People who run a 5:00 marathon are put together with people who run a 7:00 marathon. The paces of those groups are hugely different.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter