Official Wine & Dine 2018

So, I'll be staying at the Contemporary and want to be at the finish of the HM to meet my friends. Is my best bet the busses, or will the monorails be running closer to race finish since it's closer to park open?

Looks to me like the monorail won’t start running to Epcot until 8:00 that morning. Not sure what your friends expected finish time will be but I’m going to guess taking the bus will be your only option.

Looks like the expo is a bit condensed too. They are only using the arena for merch and bib pick up. Venders will be in the Visa building. The other building isn’t being used at all.
I totally missed this in my first read of the guide. I don't even know what that little building off the Arena (B - bib pickup) is. I sure hope this doesn't cause long lines...

New 10K course - I'm glad I'm not running it, because I'd be really sad about missing the holiday lights/music/decorations at DHS in the dark! That was the best part of the course last year, IMO.

I totally missed this in my first read of the guide. I don't even know what that little building off the Arena (B - bib pickup) is. I sure hope this doesn't cause long lines...

New 10K course - I'm glad I'm not running it, because I'd be really sad about missing the holiday lights/music/decorations at DHS in the dark! That was the best part of the course last year, IMO.
That little building is attached to the arena.

I am now sad I’ll miss the holiday decor. I didn’t realize that part of it.

That little building is attached to the arena.

I am now sad I’ll miss the holiday decor. I didn’t realize that part of it.

You’ll get it in the half though. I do wish we could have run past the Land and Imagination pavilions of the 10k though.

Ok I am officially not happy. If I waited to sign up for Dopey I could have saved $50. They are offering a registration discount in the virtual goody bag for wine and dine....

I was a bit bummed by the 10k medal, and now I have to admit I'm a bit bummed about the 10k course. I'll get over it, I'm happy to run it and happy to have my first runDisney experience. But I'm going to miss that run through HS. The 10k looks like lots of highway.

Ok I am officially not happy. If I waited to sign up for Dopey I could have saved $50. They are offering a registration discount in the virtual goody bag for wine and dine....

There’s also a coupon in there for Star Wars weekend if anyone was considering it.

Looks like the expo is a bit condensed too. They are only using the arena for merch and bib pick up. Venders will be in the Visa building. The other building isn’t being used at all.
4th expo redesign in as many runs eh....

There’s also a coupon in there for Star Wars weekend if anyone was considering it.
SHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! I'm trying hard to pretend I didn't see those discounts, since I, too, paid full price! :sad:

Hmmm...I really liked the 10K course last year so I'll be a little sad to not run through DHS during it, but I'm still excited! And at least we'll get it in the half!

My MagicBand has shipped and tracking says mine will be here Saturday too! :)

Could it be a deferral from Marathon Weekend to 2017, and then a cancelation registration from 2017 to now?

Keels nailed it. We originally signed up in April of 2016 for the 2017 Marathon Weekend half, which got cancelled. We switched our registration to a Disneyland race, which was then cancelled as well. Then we switched it to the 2018 Wine and Dine. Based on this, I assume somehow W&D will also get cancelled, because this registration is cursed.

Keels nailed it. We originally signed up in April of 2016 for the 2017 Marathon Weekend half, which got cancelled. We switched our registration to a Disneyland race, which was then cancelled as well. Then we switched it to the 2018 Wine and Dine. Based on this, I assume somehow W&D will also get cancelled, because this registration is cursed.
So if something does happen, we’ll blame you

Boo! Count me in as disappointed that the 10K won’t be going through DHS. I loved seeing the Christmas decorations while it was still dark last year. The slog from DHS to the Boardwalk was pretty cool under the full moon, too.

I'm glad my first couple races still had the physical guides. The old virtual guide was buggy (and mostly unusable once you got there), but this thing. I feel bad for newbies. And don't you love the expo map! (This maybe came out too early?)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter