Official Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2020

I'm not sure if I'll be able to go. It sounded like a lot of fun. Wine & Dine is one I really want to do, but that and Star Wars are on my weekends with my daughter. I'm trying to get her to run the 5k, but it will be sold out by the time she knows her activity schedule. Maybe I can just bring her on a Disney World trip that weekend...

It was funny Saturday night. I couldn't get to sleep Saturday night into Sunday morning and it was a clear sign that I stayed up too late when I started seeing texts from people on the bus to the half marathon and I was still awake.

I am so excited as this will be my first Run Disney event! I completed my first full marathon this year and realized I am a half marathon girl. :) I plan to do the challenge. It will just be me racing but my sister and step mom might join me on the trip. Can't wait to learn from all of you pros and plan my next WDW trip. I plan to do a half in late April to submit a POT and might complete a 10 miler in Sept for a new medal, cause its all about the bling.

I would love to. I've never ran any races, but in the last year went from zero running to now running 3 miles three times a week. I want to up the mileage, with the goal to eventually run a Disney Half Marathon. The after party ticket at Epcot included looks like a nice benefit (unless I read it wrong and it's not included). Is this a normal thing, or unique to Wine & Dine?

It is recommended that you arrive on or by the 5th to do the Expo or if I am only running the 10k and Half could I arrive on Friday the 6th to pick up my bib and such? Trying to figure out if should plan my trip for Thursday to Thursday or Friday to Friday. :love:

It is recommended that you arrive on or by the 5th to do the Expo or if I am only running the 10k and Half could I arrive on Friday the 6th to pick up my bib and such? Trying to figure out if should plan my trip for Thursday to Thursday or Friday to Friday. :love:
If you aren’t doing the 5K you Can definitely just go on the 6th unless you want specific merchandise.

Like PP said unless there is certain merchandise you have to have and can’t pre-order then friday is fine to go if you are just doing the challenge

I went to the expo at opening on Friday and I believe all the merchandise was still available. The expo was really slow from 10-12 when I was there. Not sure about later in the day.

I went to the expo at opening on Friday and I believe all the merchandise was still available. The expo was really slow from 10-12 when I was there. Not sure about later in the day.

I was there on Friday at open and they were out of most of the car magnets (the Mickey shaped ones with the distance) as well as most race pins. Clothing wise, they were still pretty well stocked except for the Annual Passholder shirts only being 3XL and up left. so it depends on what you would be going for merch wise

I would love to. I've never ran any races, but in the last year went from zero running to now running 3 miles three times a week. I want to up the mileage, with the goal to eventually run a Disney Half Marathon. The after party ticket at Epcot included looks like a nice benefit (unless I read it wrong and it's not included). Is this a normal thing, or unique to Wine & Dine?

The after party ticket is included if you do the half and is unique to Wine & Dine. They also “give” you a $15 gift card (that you definitely pay for lol).

I was there on Friday at open and they were out of most of the car magnets (the Mickey shaped ones with the distance) as well as most race pins. Clothing wise, they were still pretty well stocked except for the Annual Passholder shirts only being 3XL and up left. so it depends on what you would be going for merch wise

Later in the day Friday at the expo they were still out of the car magnets, pins and just about everything size "small" in clothing. However, they had a good selection of car magnets at the 10k and half finish line. Seems like the ebay resellers were returning stuff they weren't selling immediately.

Later in the day Friday at the expo they were still out of the car magnets, pins and just about everything size "small" in clothing. However, they had a good selection of car magnets at the 10k and half finish line. Seems like the ebay resellers were returning stuff they weren't selling immediately.
I know sometimes the availability of merchandise at the Expo all depends on the ability for them to restock things throughout the day. A few years ago I went late on Thursday and everything was wiped out. Went back first thing Friday morning and most items were freshly stocked again. Granted there will always be some sold out items.

Thanks so much for all the replies. I have another silly question but are the food courts open 24 hours to use the toasters? My normal "meal" before a race is a whole wheat english muffin toasted with PB. If I can't access the toasters I want to try out other food next year while training. My stomach doesn't do well with change.

Thanks so much for all the replies. I have another silly question but are the food courts open 24 hours to use the toasters? My normal "meal" before a race is a whole wheat english muffin toasted with PB. If I can't access the toasters I want to try out other food next year while training. My stomach doesn't do well with change.
No they are not open 24 hours.

I know AS Movies opened at 330 though that doesn’t help if you wanted to be on an early bus

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter