Official Wine and Dine 2017 thread

Another question. We are staying at Yacht Club and the course for the 10k goes through the Boardwalk area. I may mosey over to cheer for my wife that morning and wanted to make sure there are no restrictions on standing along the course and cheering for runners.
Yes, you can cheer along the course, anywhere on the sides is good as far as I've seen.

Another question. We are staying at Yacht Club and the course for the 10k goes through the Boardwalk area. I may mosey over to cheer for my wife that morning and wanted to make sure there are no restrictions on standing along the course and cheering for runners.

Please don't stand on the course.....but there is plenty of room for non-runners to walk and spectate. And a great spot to sneak in a hug or smooch or hand her a drink.

Stupid question but how is everyone getting to and from the 10k? I normally always drive but the MK start and Epcot finish has me thrown.
I'm trying to avoid the buses but at this rate in thinking that is the only way?

Stupid question but how is everyone getting to and from the 10k? I normally always drive but the MK start and Epcot finish has me thrown.
I'm trying to avoid the buses but at this rate in thinking that is the only way?
Yes, you park the car at Epcot and Bus over to the start.

Yup. Beer is basically required!
Beer is required in all situations. At rock N roll DC the Frats were handing at "Champagne of Champions"! Miller High Life, Right? Nope, also known as 151 Rum, I nearly tossed my cookies in the street. Then had that taste in my mouth for a mile and a half until the next water stop!

Tomorrow is my last long long run before I start tapering my efforts down. In a way, containing my excitement and energy in the weeks leading to the WnD run will be tougher than training.

Outfits (and their alternatives) are chosen and tested, fuel and carrier too, event guide is fully memorized, online check-in is done.

So all is left is compulsively reading this thread, checking the weather channel and packing everything but the kitchen sink...

Speaking of packing: I already asked a while back what weather to expect and the reply can be summed up as hot and humid, probably less than in August unless we get the occasional exception. This is only the second morning WnD year so there is not a lot of historical data... I am hoping to do without a gEar bag i.e. to eat or dispose of everything I won’t need during the race. So snacks and rain ponchos but should I really plan on bringing throw away long sleeves?

When your usband breaks your stemless wine glass from last years race and you want to cry, but he feels so bad you can’t!

how many drinks in?

I wish! Sadly, none tonight. We have no dishwasher and I put it in the empty sink last night. And people just piled dishes on it apparently today. (I was working.) Kind of my fault as I normally leave it on the counter for this very reason. Good thing it’s almost W&D time so I can get another one hopefully! That glass and I had a good one year run!

I wish! Sadly, none tonight. We have no dishwasher and I put it in the empty sink last night. And people just piled dishes on it apparently today. (I was working.) Kind of my fault as I normally leave it on the counter for this very reason. Good thing it’s almost W&D time so I can get another one hopefully! That glass and I had a good one year run!

I've only bought on of those and I'm afraid to use them for this very reason. I'm sticking to the tervis from now on.

Speaking of packing: I already asked a while back what weather to expect and the reply can be summed up as hot and humid, probably less than in August unless we get the occasional exception. This is only the second morning WnD year so there is not a lot of historical data... I am hoping to do without a gEar bag i.e. to eat or dispose of everything I won’t need during the race. So snacks and rain ponchos but should I really plan on bringing throw away long sleeves?

I did last year but I get cold easy. I carry long sleeves with me the entire trip even if it's hot outside because I want it in the ac. If it's a throw away it wouldn't be bad if you are concerned you'll need one.

Oh no, lovingeire! I was with you in the midst of last year's expo merchandise crazy! We were the only considerate, patient ones waiting for the glasses in all that chaos, lol!
There's history behind that glass! Hoping this year's expo won't be as crazy for you to get a replacement (or two!) :)

Yes, that was weird! I thought I was at the back of the corral, but wound up being on the far right side and still had one or two more waves start after I did (in F.) I'd like to think I remember how and why that was so as to use it to my advantage for W&D , but... yeah. That was pretty early in the AM lol!

I'm hoping in the midst of the early morning getting into the corral I'll remember this experience, but that is asking a lot that early in the morning! LOL!

I've only bought on of those and I'm afraid to use them for this very reason. I'm sticking to the tervis from now on.

I have a wine glass from Princess weekend, but it's stemmed and I'm much more afraid to use it. This one was much sturdier and quite possibly the best wine glass ever! I loved it!

Oh no, lovingeire! I was with you in the midst of last year's expo merchandise crazy! We were the only considerate, patient ones waiting for the glasses in all that chaos, lol!
There's history behind that glass! Hoping this year's expo won't be as crazy for you to get a replacement (or two!) :)

I know! So much effort went in to it! (Not to mention the 19.2 miles!) I remember the guy who was handing them out and yelled at everyone to be polite like us and that we'd been waiting a long time! I saw him at Dark Side and thanked him for being awesome!

My husband found ONE glass on eBay and ordered it for me. I guess he really did feel bad! (I normally stay away from eBay as far as race merch is concerned, but in this case I'm just hoping it makes it here in one piece since it's such a sweet gesture!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter