***Official*** Toy Story Land Information Thread

The largest roller coaster I can ride is 7DMT...don't like any larger or bumpier. I can't ride Thunder Mountain...2 bumpy. Do you think Slinky Dog is comparable to 7DMT? I could ride this one all night!
I haven't ridden it yet, but from what I gather, most people say it's slightly more intense than 7DMT. Most people say it's closer to the intensity of BTMRR, maybe slightly under. There is some lift (feeling like you're being pulled out of your seat) when you go over the "humps" at one point and I think there are 2 launches (one at the beginning and one partway through).

most people say it's slightly more intense than 7DMT.

If it isn't anything like Everest or Rock n Roller coaster...I may be fine. I just can't do the big ones and nothing that goes backwards. And I don't do Space Mountain either. I'm okay on Splash mountain, but I'm gripping the bar the entire time in anticipation of the drop.

If it isn't anything like Everest or Rock n Roller coaster...I may be fine. I just can't do the big ones and nothing that goes backwards. And I don't do Space Mountain either. I'm okay on Splash mountain, but I'm gripping the bar the entire time in anticipation of the drop.
Then I absolutely wouldn't miss it if I were you. I love 7DMT. BTMRR is a bit on the intense side for me, but I have ridden it a couple times and survived. I'm really looking forward to trying SDD!

Then I absolutely wouldn't miss it if I were you. I love 7DMT. BTMRR is a bit on the intense side for me, but I have ridden it a couple times and survived. I'm really looking forward to trying SDD!
Yes, I most likely will try it. It looks like it will be a smooth ride. And I'm definitely with you on 7DMT....love, love it!

The largest roller coaster I can ride is 7DMT...don't like any larger or bumpier. I can't ride Thunder Mountain...2 bumpy. Do you think Slinky Dog is comparable to 7DMT? I could ride this one all night!
It’s just as smooth as Mine Train. A little more intense on one aspect but very fun and family friendly.

Well, I guess I'll have to wait to ride it then, that and the Runaway Train, and oh yeah, SWGE rides...perhaps 2020 is looking good for us.

Slinky is a fun coaster, not intense and very smooth. You should be able to handle it no problem. I wouldn`t miss it.

Yes, I most likely will try it. It looks like it will be a smooth ride. And I'm definitely with you on 7DMT....love, love it!
I rode Slinky Dog this last trip and then the next day I went on 7DMT that I've been on quite a bit. I felt like the Mine Train was more tame than I remembered after Slinky. But Slinky is a little intense but very smooth! Not even close to BTMRR! I feel like it should be classified as a do not miss coaster at WDW!

Does anyone know what rope drop looks like in trying to get on SDD? I got up early to book our FP+ this morning and for our first two days there (May 17 & 18) there was only one time slot available, Sunday at 7:45pm. Kind of throws a wrench in some of plans. So we are pondering dropping the FP+ and trying our luck at rope drop.

Does anyone know what rope drop looks like in trying to get on SDD? I got up early to book our FP+ this morning and for our first two days there (May 17 & 18) there was only one time slot available, Sunday at 7:45pm. Kind of throws a wrench in some of plans. So we are pondering dropping the FP+ and trying our luck at rope drop.

Get to the park at least an hour before the park opens, and you will basically walk on with the crowd. Did this at Thanksgiving. You might be able to do AS2 or TSMM afterwards without much wait.

This is what TSL Rope drop looked like on 10/20/18. We got there an hour before opening and were near the front of the rope but ended up getting shuffled back in the ensuing chaos. We waited about 15 minutes for Slinky Dog. When we got off, Alien Saucer Swirl had a wait of 45 minutes so we skipped that and waited about 40 minutes for TSM.

This is what TSL Rope drop looked like on 10/20/18. We got there an hour before opening and were near the front of the rope but ended up getting shuffled back in the ensuing chaos. We waited about 15 minutes for Slinky Dog. When we got off, Alien Saucer Swirl had a wait of 45 minutes so we skipped that and waited about 40 minutes for TSM.

Holy moly!!! That RD crowd is why I’m splurging for EMM. We have 3 kids and I’m not about to let anyone get trampled by crazies.

I am looking for a bit on advice on a strategy to get on SDD, Alien Saucers and TSM, over the course of two dates. On our arrival day (a Sunday), I am planning on going to DHS and hopefully tackling one or some of the rides with no fast pass in the evening (am I correct in thinking it will be tough to get FP's for any of these attractions on day one of my trip?). I am planning on another DHS day on a EMM day (I am not doing EMM though). This day will be the 4th day of my trip but also it will be the day before SWGE opens officially. Any strategy tips would be appreciated!

Thanks for any of your input!!!

I am looking for a bit on advice on a strategy to get on SDD, Alien Saucers and TSM, over the course of two dates. On our arrival day (a Sunday), I am planning on going to DHS and hopefully tackling one or some of the rides with no fast pass in the evening (am I correct in thinking it will be tough to get FP's for any of these attractions on day one of my trip?). I am planning on another DHS day on a EMM day (I am not doing EMM though). This day will be the 4th day of my trip but also it will be the day before SWGE opens officially. Any strategy tips would be appreciated!

Thanks for any of your input!!!

Couldn't you book a FP for one of the rides for your arrival night? If you could get a FP for SDD I think you would have a decent chance of riding AS2 at the end of the night without a terrible wait. If you got SDD early enough and your group isn't large, you would have a pretty good chance of getting a SDFP for AS2 or TSM. I would start looking for SDFPs early that day, even before you arrive, if you don't prebook one of the tier 1 rides.

I don't think you'll get SDD on day 1, but you should be able to get TSM or AS2.
Yeah, I forgot the whole day 1 issue. But I agree, they should be able to get AS2 or TSM and possibly a SDFP for the other, and check the SDD line at the end of the night. Or maybe get super lucky with SDFP for SDD :flower1:

Thanks...so, I think my plan should be to try and get a FP for SDD on my day 4 and try for TSM or AS2 for Day 1. Hopefully get in line on Day 1 with out too bad of a wait for the other. We are just 2 people so hopefully we will have some luck.

In August 2018 we went for EMH arrived at the park maybe 1 hour before opening?? We were maybe 5th from the turnstiles and near the front of the mob that headed toward TSL- we were able to walk almost right into SDD (we were not able to get a FP+ at al over our trip of 8 days), then practically straight on to Midway mania twice. And then left the madness of TSL but it didn’t take us more than an hour? We had 2 FP+ for swirling saucers during our trip and plenty of opportunity to get more or modify to swirling saucers, but we didn’t find the need to do it more than twice. Those pictures above of TSL are nuts though!! We thought the second morning we got off SDD that we could get right back into line and do it again with about a 45 minute wait, but thought we could use our time better doing something else.... but really 45 minutes is much more manageable than 120 or more which would be almost any other time of the day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter