***Official*** Toy Story Land Information Thread

I have been out of the Disney loop for awhile but we made a "last minute" decision to surprise the kids in January, so I have to jump back into the fray. I tried to find the answer to this question via the search function but haven't had any luck. Can someone tell me what kind of ride Alien Swirling Saucers is? Is it a Teacups-type ride, or something else?
It’s exactly like Mater’s at DLand. The vehicles just move from one rotating platform to an adjacent platform that causes the ‘swirling.’ The saucers don’t spin at all.

Planning short trip week before Christmas, yep I know crowds but we are still at Disney. Planning on a HS day with early morning ticketed event. There was only one day without it while we are there and didn’t work. So, what time should we be there if the park opens at 9:00 for regular people? Head straight to TSL or wait until close to park closing? Not sure that works with the TOT projection show and Fantasmic. Sooo many decisions.

Last edited:
Planning short trip week before Christmas, yep I know crowds but we are still at Disney. Planning on a HS day with early morning AP event. There was only one day without it while we are there and didn’t work. So, what time should we be there if the park opens at 9:30 for regular people? Head straight to TSL or wait until close to park closing? Not sure that works with the TOT projection show and Fantasmic. Sooo many decisions.

What early morning AP event did I miss hearing about in December? I heard abut the TSL mornings in September and the passholder nights at MK and Epcot in Aug, Sept, and October, but other than shopping events those are all I've heard of.

What early morning AP event did I miss hearing about in December? I heard abut the TSL mornings in September and the passholder nights at MK and Epcot in Aug, Sept, and October, but other than shopping events those are all I've heard of.
There is a ticketed event from 7:30 until 9 listed on the park hours. Might be other than AP, maybe DVC? Just trying to develop a game plan.

Just back and have too say was very disappointed with Toy Story Land. The area of the land is simply far to small. Ridiculously overcrowded which brings out the worst in some people. Slinky Dog was good but after I used the fast pass for that ride I could not get out the area quick enough.

Just back and have too say was very disappointed with Toy Story Land. The area of the land is simply far to small. Ridiculously overcrowded which brings out the worst in some people. Slinky Dog was good but after I used the fast pass for that ride I could not get out the area quick enough.
It’s not meant to be a major draw. It is a family friendly area that the park really needed. If this was too crowded for you maybe stay away from Star Wars when they hag opens ;)

I will say Disney is working on things to help with shade and heat complaints that people have.

It’s not meant to be a major draw. It is a family friendly area that the park really needed. If this was too crowded for you maybe stay away from Star Wars when they hag opens ;)

I will say Disney is working on things to help with shade and heat complaints that people have.

I never said it was meant to be a major draw. Not sure what Star Wars has to do with it either :rotfl:

It’s not meant to be a major draw. It is a family friendly area that the park really needed.

I have seen a lot of adults say they didn't love it but as soon as we entered TSL my 2 year old gasped and exclaimed - 'this place is awesome!' so I think they captivated the younger crew. It was her biggest 'wow' moment of the trip.

I am heading back next month for an adult only trip with my best friend - what time are they letting people in these days? I wasn't able to get a SDD FP+ so we are rope dropping that one and I want to make sure we get there early enough to be in the front of the pack but not earlier than we have to. THANKS!

I have seen a lot of adults say they didn't love it but as soon as we entered TSL my 2 year old gasped and exclaimed - 'this place is awesome!' so I think they captivated the younger crew. It was her biggest 'wow' moment of the trip.

I am heading back next month for an adult only trip with my best friend - what time are they letting people in these days? I wasn't able to get a SDD FP+ so we are rope dropping that one and I want to make sure we get there early enough to be in the front of the pack but not earlier than we have to. THANKS!

I was there just after 9 which is when it had just opened and already it was overcrowded. Don’t get me wrong, it looks great and must be amazing for a kid. My point was, Disney must have known how popular this would have been and had an idea of the footfall it would generate. When I was there it was so busy there was often nowhere you could actually stop and take it all in.Hopefully it calms down but I stand by the point the footprint of land they allocated was far to small.

Have a great trip

I was there just after 9 which is when it had just opened and already it was overcrowded. Don’t get me wrong, it looks great and must be amazing for a kid. My point was, Disney must have known how popular this would have been and had an idea of the footfall it would generate. When I was there it was so busy there was often nowhere you could actually stop and take it all in.Hopefully it calms down but I stand by the point the footprint of land they allocated was far to small.

Have a great trip
It will level out when SW land opens. Right now its the new "it" thing.

Sorry if this was answered I’m in a time crunch now. Didn’t realize our HS day fell on EMH. How early would we need to show up to have a sub 30 minute line for slinky dog? Trying to determine if we get up super early and just head back in the afternoon or if we wait and head to the park around 10 and stay till close and hopefully get on with less than an hour wait

At one hour before park closing tonight, the standby wait for Slinky Dog was posted as 120 minutes. I was told that the ride was down from sometime this morning until 2:30 PM.

I noticd quite a few fans in the FP line; some were very large standing fans, while others were mounted.

So I’m completely confused. Our paper front wdw from our good neighbor hotel said that it was magic hours this morning but it definitely wasn’t. We didn’t get into the park until far after 8am and not to slinky dog until after 9.

So I’m completely confused. Our paper front wdw from our good neighbor hotel said that it was magic hours this morning but it definitely wasn’t. We didn’t get into the park until far after 8am and not to slinky dog until after 9.
When I looked at the hours on the app it said Magic Kingdom had EMH this morning...not Hollywood Studios.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter