Official thread to keep track of GTY cabins ASSIGNED

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 8D
#2. What category and room # did you get? 8D
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 51
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Happy, we got aft. This is the first time we've sailed aft and we got starboard...hoping for a view of Castaway cay. Last cruise we were forward, Port and it was a long walk to everything and they backed in to Castaway, so no view.
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? N/A
#6 What ship are you sailing? Fantasy
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Wednesday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Morning about 9 am
9. What month is your cruise? November

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 5E
#2. What category and room # did you get? 5E - 8682
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 44
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? YES!!!
#6 What ship are you sailing? Dream
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Friday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Morning
9. What month is your cruise? October

Yup, that was mine. I am on the same cruise, Nov. 18th. I definitely wasn't expecting to be assigned yet. After I paid in full through my travel agent, I went to check my reservation just to make sure it said that I was paid in full, and I was surprised to see I had already been assigned my cabin!

I’m still waiting for my assignment for the nov 18th cruise. So jealous you got yours already. Fingers crossed.

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 9D
#2. What category and room # did you get? 9C-Room 2522
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 59
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? 1st cruise with DCL. I have no idea if this is an undesirable location. Reviews I've read have been mixed. Concerned with staying in a forward room as I tend to get motion sickness.
#6 What ship are you sailing? Wonder
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Monday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Checked app around noon

My husband booked a cruise yesterday for November. How do I know what category is booked? All I know is it is it’s a verandah room.

My husband booked a cruise yesterday for November. How do I know what category is booked? All I know is it is it’s a verandah room.

Was it a last minute VGT rate? If so, no specific category would be booked...just a verandah which means they can assign you to any category that has a verandah (not concierge though).

MJ

Was it a last minute VGT rate? If so, no specific category would be booked...just a verandah which means they can assign you to any category that has a verandah (not concierge though).

MJ
[/QUOTE]

MJ
Ugh I don’t know what I did up there! Anyway, I’m guessing that’s what it was. We’ll be happy wherever we end up!! Thanks for your response!

#2. What category and room # did you get? 5e - 10658
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? Around 60ish
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Happy that this is a 5e and we weren't 'upgraded' to another category. A bit bummed that there is no privacy curtain, which would have been nice for our traveling party. Not super excited to be on the deck below cabanas either but this will be our second sweeping corner room for the 5e, and we will make great great use of it.
#6 What ship are you sailing? Fantasy
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Not entirely sure, think Monday or Tuesday.
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? n/a

#2. What category and room # did you get? 5E - 8682
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 44
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? YES!!!
#6 What ship are you sailing? Dream
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Friday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Morning
9. What month is your cruise? October
We've had this room in the past! Great for couples. Lots of space, but be aware, the TV is comically far away from the seating areas.

MJ

Can I ask you?
I just booked a WBPC (March 2020)... they only had VGT, couldn't pick a room. That itinerary is almost sold out

We've once done a VGT and got our room only a week before the sailing, but that cruise wasn't sold out.

My question is,
- If it sells out 1-2 months out, do they start assigning rooms then? Or does DCL wait until a 1-2 weeks before?
TIA

Can I ask you?
I just booked a WBPC (March 2020)... they only had VGT, couldn't pick a room. That itinerary is almost sold out

We've once done a VGT and got our room only a week before the sailing, but that cruise wasn't sold out.

My question is,
- If it sells out 1-2 months out, do they start assigning rooms then? Or does DCL wait until a 1-2 weeks before?
TIA

VGT or GTY? I didn't think they ever released VGT rates before PIF and that's not until Nov 7th (we're booked on this one).

GTY are usually assigned 45-60 days in advance.

Can I ask you?

My question is,
TIA

My question is also are you sure it is VGT? Those are usually only offered closer to the sailing date. Most likely you mean GTY for a verandah. No one know DCL's algorithm for when they assign cabins. I wish!!! If the rate is truly a VGT rate then it can be assigned anytime but usually closer to the sail date (within 2 weeks or so).

MJ

My question is also are you sure it is VGT? Those are usually only offered closer to the sailing date. Most likely you mean GTY for a verandah. No one know DCL's algorithm for when they assign cabins. I wish!!! If the rate is truly a VGT rate then it can be assigned anytime but usually closer to the sail date (within 2 weeks or so).

MJ

Sorry my bad. It's GTY... is it as @otten said 45-60 days?
TY both for answering

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? Oceanview
#2. What category and room # did you get? 9 B - #2044
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 10
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Very happy. I got midship on deck 2
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? /
#6 What ship are you sailing? Magic
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Don't know
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Don't know
9. What month is your cruise? September

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!