****Official Thanksgiving 2020 Thread****

Happy to see this thread, my 2020 plans are all over the place. I have a reservation for May 24-May 30 (but I don't see that happening). Then, when free dining came up I grabbed a June 28-July 4th (I was not keeping both reservations). Now, we are a little nervous about the late June reservation.....So, here I go planning again, at least it keeps me occupied. I have not been during Thanksgiving or Christmas. Christmas is tempting in theory, but when I watch YouTube videos and see the Christmas crowds, I think Thanksgiving will be lovely :)

We normally stay at the Contemporary, but I can stay at the Swan and do a few extras like Very Merry Christmas Party OR stay at the Poly, which we have never done. We do not do the pools, but love the convenience of the monorail. We typically take mid-day breaks......So which would you pick? Are there other holiday extras you would add?

We were at WDW for the second week of December in 2019 and we stayed at the Poly and it was truly magical. My son did the pool one day but for the most part we just enjoyed the resort. It was especially nice because you can take a boat or monorail to MK which was super convenient. We also did a monorail tour through the resorts to see all of the christmas decorations and try some special snacks at each. The Grand Floridian had their gigantic gingerbread house, we got some snacks from that, and the Contemporary had some of its own special things. I would definitely go with Poly for that time of year - it is so much more festive and connected to other things to do.

We are hopping on to the Thanksgiving train! We were scheduled for a 4th of July trip but we decided to push it off to November with hopes that we will have a better handle on how the parks will operate. We have DVC and originally had our July trip at the Poly so with limited DVC resort options we booked a 2BR at OKW -- we are actually looking forward to staying ther.

I looked at Touring Plans and every day of our trip Nov 22-29th -- oh geez they have everyday as a 10!! We will adjust our expectations to deal with the crowds and just enjoy and relax. I am kind of glad that we won't have to deal with the heat and humidity of the summer, so if we will be wearing masks it will be much more bearable.

Don't be too discouraged by those Touring Plans predictions - there is no way they can plan for what might happen after this whole unprecedented lockdown stuff. I personally, based on absolutely nothing but my observations of people's responses, think it will not be as packed in the parks. I've noticed you have two groups of people - 1. i'm not going until (vaccine/treatment is available) or 2. It's open? I'M ON MY WAY MICKEY!!!

It will still be crowded but I don't know that it will be 10's across the board like that. And you know what? even if it is, like you said - we'll just adjust our expectations.

So excited to be joining in here as well. We booked our Thanksgiving week trip this morning to replace our early July trip. I'm a little concerned about crowds, having never done a holiday week at Disney before, but hope the pleasant weather will make up for it. We have only ever been to Florida in the summer so this is all new to us. We will be staying at POR from 11/19 - 11/28 and are hoping to get to do a Christmas party and the candlelight processional (does this start usually the Friday after Thanksgiving?). Looking forward to chatting with you all!

I checked my Epcot Festival of the Holidays booklet from 2019 (YES, I have it right here next to me, so I can imagine what I'll be sampling for this year and feel better about everything 🤣 and the first Candlelight Processional was November 29th.

So I’ve just booked our Thanksgiving trip for Nov 25-Dec2. I’ve never been at thanksgiving but excited! Everyone recommends not going to MK on the actual holiday but DH and the kids want to do Liberty Tree tavern for thanksgiving. If our expectations are just to come late for dinner, get FP+ for space, splash and big thunder, maybe catch fireworks as we are walking around, Maybe buy some Christmas ornaments, and ride nothing else, I can’t imagine a way we’d be disappointed or impeded by crowds but could someone let me know if I’m wrong? (Depending of course on snagging the ADR and FP)

You are probably going to have a hard time ( if not impossible) getting an ADR for liberty Tree on nov. 25 th. Those with reservations that start on nov.18, nov, 19 th etc and are staying until nov. 27 th will have access to reserve the restaurant quite a few days before you. What I am trying to say is you have a better chance getting the restaurant you want 4 or 5 days into your trip, not the first day you arrive. Look around on the threads and you will see several other restaurants serve traditional items too. I’m thinking the ones at resorts do. Another option is trying to get Liberty tree for nov. 27 th or 28 th. You’ll have better luck. We arrived mid day on thanksgiving last year and were able to eat quick service at resort and then got a big thunder FP and waited in line for pirates and watched fireworks. A fun first night.

We are on the verge of canceling our July DisneyLAND trip (would've been family's first time there!). But, seriously considering a Thanksgiving trip to make up for it back at World! Looking at probably Nov. 24-28 for just a short trip. Probably going to skip Epcot and hit the other 3 parks. Trying to figure out what day will be best for HS to see all the Star Wars Land stuff, AND Toy Story, AND Runaway Railway...last trip we had was about 5 days before toy story opened, so we have lots to catch up on in that park!! Wednesday, Thursday, Friday would be our park days. Any thoughts??

We are on the verge of canceling our July DisneyLAND trip (would've been family's first time there!). But, seriously considering a Thanksgiving trip to make up for it back at World! Looking at probably Nov. 24-28 for just a short trip. Probably going to skip Epcot and hit the other 3 parks. Trying to figure out what day will be best for HS to see all the Star Wars Land stuff, AND Toy Story, AND Runaway Railway...last trip we had was about 5 days before toy story opened, so we have lots to catch up on in that park!! Wednesday, Thursday, Friday would be our park days. Any thoughts??
I think everyday is going to be packed at every park each day but I would probably pick Friday to give you better chance of FP availability since it's at the end of your trip.

Jumping on the Thanksgiving reschedule train. I was supposed to go with my son for a Performing Arts trip in early April. When that got cancelled, we decided to make it a family trip in late June. When early June started cancelling, we decided we didn't want to be Guinea pigs for the new modifications if it opens in mid June, so we moved to late July. But the thought of masks in that heat on top of a likely reduced experience, we decided to move again. Being a school principal limits when I can go, so we are going to try Thanksgiving. We are staying preferred at Pop and will be there from the Saturday before until Black Friday. Hoping to do the Sunday night MVMCP if tickets ever become available. Booking dining tomorrow!!

Jumping on the Thanksgiving reschedule train. I was supposed to go with my son for a Performing Arts trip in early April. When that got cancelled, we decided to make it a family trip in late June. When early June started cancelling, we decided we didn't want to be Guinea pigs for the new modifications if it opens in mid June, so we moved to late July. But the thought of masks in that heat on top of a likely reduced experience, we decided to move again. Being a school principal limits when I can go, so we are going to try Thanksgiving. We are staying preferred at Pop and will be there from the Saturday before until Black Friday. Hoping to do the Sunday night MVMCP if tickets ever become available. Booking dining tomorrow!!

:welcome:! We are planning to hit up the Sunday party as well and got our dining all booked this morning. Seemed to be pretty good availability so hopefully you find everything you are looking for!

:welcome:! We are planning to hit up the Sunday party as well and got our dining all booked this morning. Seemed to be pretty good availability so hopefully you find everything you are looking for!

I did mine yesterday morning, and it was pretty good. Way better than I expected for Thanksgiving week.

Yes, I was amazed at how easy ADR's were to get considering this is normally a very busy period. Having never done a holiday week before, I was pleasantly surprised. We even managed to snag a Liberty Tree Tavern reservation for Thanksgiving dinner. We are so excited to be spending the holiday with the mouse.

Yes, I was amazed at how easy ADR's were to get considering this is normally a very busy period. Having never done a holiday week before, I was pleasantly surprised. We even managed to snag a Liberty Tree Tavern reservation for Thanksgiving dinner. We are so excited to be spending the holiday with the mouse.
I did my ADR's today and also had no problem. I did notice there were no MK reservations after 6:00 pm. For other parks, I only was booking for Epcot and was able to get a 7:30 reservation. I didn't check HS or AK.

It took me 15 minutes to get everything booked for our Fri 11/20 through Sat 11/28 trip - after that I played around to check availability and added a couple others that I had not planned on because they were also available and fit the schedule we are anticipating - she says with caution!!

I also booked our ADRs yesterday/Sunday morning and was pleasantly surprised with the availability of everything for which I looked! I sought LTT for a Thanksgiving lunch meal rather than dinner as this is our tradition - and the 1:30 time slot we wanted was open - as were many other times. I was nervous as I was booking for 6 which is always more difficult than just my immediate family of 4. We are hopeful that DHs parents can join us for this trip!

The Sunday MVMCP is also a hope for us! It was fun to plan again after the Spring Break cancellation! Sure hope this trip can indeed happen!

Last edited:
It took me 15 minutes to get everything booked for our Fri 11/20 through Sat 11/28 trip - after that I played around to check availability and added a couple others that I had not planned on because they were also available and fit the schedule we are anticipating - she says with caution!!

I also booked our ADRs yesterday/Sunday morning and was pleasantly surprised with the availability of everything for which I looked! I sought LTT for a Thanksgiving lunch meal rather than dinner as this is our tradition - and the 1:30 time slot we wanted was open - as were many other times. I was nervous as I was booking for 6 which is always more difficult than just my immediate family of 4. We are hopeful that DHs parents can join us for this trip!

The Sunday MVMCP is also a hope for us! It was fun to plan again after the Spring Break cancellation! Sure hope this trip can indeed happen!
Our dates are the same, 11/20 - 11/28 at CBR :yay: . I'm so hoping it happens too, as this is a rescheduled trip for us as well.

Warning to anyone booking from now forward to have a plan B for Thanksgiving if you hoped for LTT.

This morning, Memorial Day, I just did a quick check (8:45 CST) at LTT for Thanksgiving Day for parties of 4 and 6 and it appears those are all booked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!