***Official Super December 2018 Thread***

With the free dining bounce back recently released for dates including some in December 2018, we might be in! Last September (2016) we made a quick trip down just to book the bounce back for this December (2017) and have been counting down ever since. We had such a fun time going for two nights and not doing any parks. I just booked a campsite for September 7-9; never camped at WDW before. The bounce back we have for this year is at Caribbean Beach with the dining plan AND the $75 a night gift card. Looks like this could be the last time for a moderate to get the dining plan that includes a table service meal. For 2018, moderates get the quick serve dining plan like the values, so we'll move back to Pop Century in the newly renovated rooms! So, do we really want to go two Decembers in a row? I'd rather book it even if we change our minds than to miss the chance and wish we had. I have been so glad we made the effort to book for this year! and I'll probably feel that way for 2018. Glad to see others are already planning for 2018.
Hello! December seems to be the only time we can go now that my kids are older and would get behind in school :( My kids are very serious about their grades, which is a good thing! But, they will stress if missing more than two days. I would love to go in the spring of fall. But I kind of think of it as "Christmastime at Disney" can be a sort of an every other year tradition. And...we are at Disney!! So, no complaints! We really want to get free dining as we had it first the first time last year and absolutely loved being worry-free about food!! We had the one with a table service, though. So, I am thinking we will book for CBR hoping free dining will be offered and we can apply it to that reservation.

You have just about sold me on the party! My kids will be 11 and 13 at the time. They are used to waking up at 5:30 am on weekdays, and we usually open the parks and leave by 5ish, so we may have to do some sleep retraining to make it happen! Thank you!

My pleasure. And if you have any other questions about that time period (Candlelight Processional, Epcot Storytellers, Voices of Liberty Christmas carolers (very underrated), etc...) let me know. And I just saw your post about your kids and missing school. And good for them for putting their studies 1st. But I CANNOT RECOMMEND ENOUGH to try to get to WDW before school's winter breaks start. Crowds are lower, also the MVMCP ends a few days before Christmas. But as a trade off, the MVMCP parade is part of the daily parade. I do have an idea though, if you can talk to the teachers and get the assignments ahead of time or if their school(s) have assignments online, guarantee to the teachers and your children that they can do the assigments at night in the hotel room.

AND, as a PLUS... Since your kids do seem very responsible, on night or 2 while the children are doing their homework, the grown-ups can have a date night/night out. "Here kids, use your Magic Bands to order a pizza and some drinks if you need them. We'll be back later"

My pleasure. And if you have any other questions about that time period (Candlelight Processional, Epcot Storytellers, Voices of Liberty Christmas carolers (very underrated), etc...) let me know. And I just saw your post about your kids and missing school. And good for them for putting their studies 1st. But I CANNOT RECOMMEND ENOUGH to try to get to WDW before school's winter breaks start. Crowds are lower, also the MVMCP ends a few days before Christmas. But as a trade off, the MVMCP parade is part of the daily parade. I do have an idea though, if you can talk to the teachers and get the assignments ahead of time or if their school(s) have assignments online, guarantee to the teachers and your children that they can do the assigments at night in the hotel room.

AND, as a PLUS... Since your kids do seem very responsible, on night or 2 while the children are doing their homework, the grown-ups can have a date night/night out. "Here kids, use your Magic Bands to order a pizza and some drinks if you need them. We'll be back later"
My kids get out a little early for break. They get out the 15th this year. I am not sure about next year, but I am thinking about taking them out 2 days early, maybe 2 1/2 - possibly picking them up from school early on a Wed and flying that evening. And the Friday before they get out is a 1/2 day. Then we would have two lower crowd days before schools start letting out. I don't think my kids would go for homework at Disney. They are not quite THAT responsible!! They do, however, love the educational aspects of Disney - especially Epcot. I might talk to their teachers, though, and see if we can get a little ahead before they get out.

Fell into a little bit of luck that, hopefully, will lead to a more concrete commitment of our Dec 2018 trip. While cleaning out stuff while in the process of moving, BDLsgal found a box of cards that I and others had given her. And as she, I and her sister began emptying the cards, we were shaking out various gift cards (including Disney) and even some with cash. After all told, Disney gift cards and our Disney points adds up to a little over $1200. Not quite paying for the full vacation, but that should, at least cover our air fare (from Boston), 2 nights of MVMCP and meal plan. It's a good start.

And since we have time before the vacation, there's still time to get more Disney gift cards. We discovered a few yrs ago, that when we give each other gift cards as part of birthdays, Christmas, Valentine's Day, etc..., or if I have an extra $20-50 when I go grocery shopping. They tend to add up. Sure, sometimes it's a pain to go card# by card# with our AAA Disney agent. But some how it hurts less using gift cards than my cc.

Fell into a little bit of luck that, hopefully, will lead to a more concrete commitment of our Dec 2018 trip. While cleaning out stuff while in the process of moving, BDLsgal found a box of cards that I and others had given her. And as she, I and her sister began emptying the cards, we were shaking out various gift cards (including Disney) and even some with cash. After all told, Disney gift cards and our Disney points adds up to a little over $1200. Not quite paying for the full vacation, but that should, at least cover our air fare (from Boston), 2 nights of MVMCP and meal plan. It's a good start.

And since we have time before the vacation, there's still time to get more Disney gift cards. We discovered a few yrs ago, that when we give each other gift cards as part of birthdays, Christmas, Valentine's Day, etc..., or if I have an extra $20-50 when I go grocery shopping. They tend to add up. Sure, sometimes it's a pain to go card# by card# with our AAA Disney agent. But some how it hurts less using gift cards than my cc.
That is so amazing! I wish I had a stack of cards just waiting for me... I hope you guys enjoy your trip!

Planning a trip to Disney World for December 2018. Booked a royal room at Port Orleans. I know Port Orleans isnt included in the current bounce back offer and most likely wont be in the free dining discussion, but does anyone know if Royal Rooms at POR ever offer ANY discounts? We have a 5 year daughter and we were wanting a really special trip. Either in a Little Mermaid room or a royal room. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

That is so amazing! I wish I had a stack of cards just waiting for me... I hope you guys enjoy your trip!

Even if you don't find a hidden cache of cards, I really recommend the purchasing of Disney gift cards. No surcharge and, like I said before, it's amazing how they add up. Even if you are just including a $25 card for b-days and what not. Or if you hit a scratch ticket for $20-50. Don't leave the store without buying that gift card. It's like finding a savings bond that you got as a kid.

Planning a trip to Disney World for December 2018. Booked a royal room at Port Orleans. I know Port Orleans isnt included in the current bounce back offer and most likely wont be in the free dining discussion, but does anyone know if Royal Rooms at POR ever offer ANY discounts? We have a 5 year daughter and we were wanting a really special trip. Either in a Little Mermaid room or a royal room. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

I'm fairly certain that the RGR are limited, if at all, offered for free dining. So slim pickins. That being said, as a grown up who stayed in the RGR for the experience... It was well worth it. BDLsgal laughed at how much my jaw stayed open the 1st time I saw the fiber optic fireworks display in the head boards. And it's always a game to see if you can identify all of the Disney Princess artifacts that are used to decorate the rooms.

I can't comment on the Little Mermaid rooms. We've only stayed at POR.

I'm fairly certain that the RGR are limited, if at all, offered for free dining. So slim pickins. That being said, as a grown up who stayed in the RGR for the experience... It was well worth it. BDLsgal laughed at how much my jaw stayed open the 1st time I saw the fiber optic fireworks display in the head boards. And it's always a game to see if you can identify all of the Disney Princess artifacts that are used to decorate the rooms.

I can't comment on the Little Mermaid rooms. We've only stayed at POR.
This is good information. We actually booked the RGR's and just last night asked if the extra $$ was worrh it. When we go in 2018 our DD's will be 7 and 13. Besides the headboards is there anything else super special?

This is good information. We actually booked the RGR's and just last night asked if the extra $$ was worrh it. When we go in 2018 our DD's will be 7 and 13. Besides the headboards is there anything else super special?
We enjoyed the RGR. The decor is just more Royal looking. My kids loved it. The curtains were fancy. There are little details that make it a fun room. The faucet was shaped like Aladin's lamp. There were portraits of the princesses. It was not pink, frilly, and princessy. It had a more "royal" feel. The walk to the main lobby was not too far from the Royal Rooms, either - which was a big plus for me! I'm not sure we would do it again though - at the price they are now. I am thinking we paid about $250/night.

Oh, and also, when my daughter met Tiana she told her she was staying at POR and they had a nice little chat about that. Tiana and Naveen told her they helped design those rooms.

Christmas Dis'ers!! I just booked a Christmas 2018 vacation for my family! We'll be there Dec. 22-27, 2018, staying at Coronado Springs Resort! I need your help!

What do you do/have you done Christmas Eve/Day??!! My husband and I are each making lists of places we'd like to eat each day...breakfast/lunch/dinner...not necessarily all, but thinking what would be most fun each day. I know MK especially can reach capacity by noon, so I'm thinking we may need to get there early on. However we know that it'll be super crowded and that expectations will be LOW...just make it more relaxed and go with the flow. We'll be there the October prior for my birthday, so this trip won't necessarily need to be a get it all done type trip. It's just a bucket list type thing to celebrate Christmas in Walt Disney World!

We also have a 7 year old daughter and would need to figure out the Santa part of it. We are not going to bring all of that down to Florida! Anyone have good strategies for this?

We are seasoned Disney guests, so we know the parks and restaurants well. I'm just searching out your ideas of fun places to eat for the holidays. Also, any fun extra activities? Things in particular you like to do to celebrate? Etc...!! Tell me about your Christmas Disney trips!!

Thanks!

Congratulations! You're going to have a great trip. For me, planning is the key. We get a lot done but it means early mornings and sometimes later evenings.

This year will be, I believe, our 4th trip to WDW during Christmas week. We have always done EPCOT on Christmas Eve. We love walking around WS and enjoying the festive spirit. For dinner we always go to the Biergarten. It is my favorite restaurant and very festive. It helps that I do all of the planning and make all reservations. We also do the Candlelight Processional on Christmas Eve.

On Christmas Day we go to MK. We understand that there will be massive crowds as the day progresses, but with planning it isn't bad at all. We get there when the park opens and enjoy the atmosphere. We ride what we want to until about noon (when the crowds get really big). At this point we'll have lunch (CP this year). After lunch we enjoy the parades and other non-ride attractions for a while. In the early evening, many people exit the park so it becomes less crowded. We usually save our FP's for the evening and just go with the flow. This year we are doing the desert party so we won't have to fight the crowds for the fireworks.

We take a small pre-lit tree with us. I think it's 3 or 4 feet. I think I got it at Walmart for $20. We take some of the easy / smaller gifts and either pictures of the tree at home with other gifts or a note. They also have these cool light up snow flakes to place on the windows to alert Santa that you are there. I can't remember of we bought them at WDW or Target or something. When the kids were younger, they really enjoyed that.

On our last Christmas trip we went to one of the water parks. It was chilly, but we're from western New York so it wasn't too bad. Sort of neat to be doing that in December. We also do lots of resort hopping and spend 1/2 a day at Disney Springs.

Have fun planning!

Crazy crowd levels. Loong waits for attractions, and even longer for food services. That being said, nothing beats walking down Main Street USA listening to holiday music on Christmas day. Make sure to get dining reservations as soon as they are available, as they fill up fast, and counter service choices are difficult (We like holiday dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern). As for Santa, can he visit your home on a day before you leave, since you will be away on the 25th? You may be able to convince her of this. In addition to our holiday dinner, We also enjoy the firework show on Christmas evening. The perfect end to a perfect day. Good luck and enjoy!!

Congratulations! You're going to have a great trip. For me, planning is the key. We get a lot done but it means early mornings and sometimes later evenings.

This year will be, I believe, our 4th trip to WDW during Christmas week. We have always done EPCOT on Christmas Eve. We love walking around WS and enjoying the festive spirit. For dinner we always go to the Biergarten. It is my favorite restaurant and very festive. It helps that I do all of the planning and make all reservations. We also do the Candlelight Processional on Christmas Eve.

On Christmas Day we go to MK. We understand that there will be massive crowds as the day progresses, but with planning it isn't bad at all. We get there when the park opens and enjoy the atmosphere. We ride what we want to until about noon (when the crowds get really big). At this point we'll have lunch (CP this year). After lunch we enjoy the parades and other non-ride attractions for a while. In the early evening, many people exit the park so it becomes less crowded. We usually save our FP's for the evening and just go with the flow. This year we are doing the desert party so we won't have to fight the crowds for the fireworks.

We take a small pre-lit tree with us. I think it's 3 or 4 feet. I think I got it at Walmart for $20. We take some of the easy / smaller gifts and either pictures of the tree at home with other gifts or a note. They also have these cool light up snow flakes to place on the windows to alert Santa that you are there. I can't remember of we bought them at WDW or Target or something. When the kids were younger, they really enjoyed that.

On our last Christmas trip we went to one of the water parks. It was chilly, but we're from western New York so it wasn't too bad. Sort of neat to be doing that in December. We also do lots of resort hopping and spend 1/2 a day at Disney Springs.

Have fun planning!
Awesome info!! Thank you SO much!! That's very helpful!! Gives me some great ideas!!

Yep!! Dec 22-27, 2018 >:()
Crazy crowd levels. Loong waits for attractions, and even longer for food services. That being said, nothing beats walking down Main Street USA listening to holiday music on Christmas day. Make sure to get dining reservations as soon as they are available, as they fill up fast, and counter service choices are difficult (We like holiday dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern). As for Santa, can he visit your home on a day before you leave, since you will be away on the 25th? You may be able to convince her of this. In addition to our holiday dinner, We also enjoy the firework show on Christmas evening. The perfect end to a perfect day. Good luck and enjoy!!
Thank you so much!!

We go every year. The crowds usually aren't stupid crazy until the 25th.

Christmas Eve is Epcot and the Candlelight Processional. Christmas Day is a non park day for us - we go to mass at the Contempy, lunch at Chef Mickeys, swim, then one of the dinner shows.

We either have our guide decorate the room with a tree or go to WalMart and buy a tiny one. Small gifts, money, Disney gift cards are wrapped and hidden in a black trash bag at the bottom of a suitcase.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!