***Official*** Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Information Thread *** Contains SPOILERS ***

From BlogMickey

Parts Station

Select from a colorful variety of components to customize your droid as they roll by on the shop’s conveyor belt:

BB-Series

• Dome
  • Dome Connection Plate
  • Body Sphere
  • Motivator
R-Series

• Dome
  • Body
  • Center Leg
  • Set of Side-Legs
Build Station
Here you’ll follow simple “placemat” instructions or graphic monitor displays to assemble your droid in the proper sequence. Once complete, your droid will be paired with a remote control and activated as you watch it come to life!

Pricing

• $99.99 per astromech droid unit, plus tax
  • Carry box and instructions included
  • Various personality-affiliation chips and other accessories are available for an additional charge
  • Age Recommendation: 3+
  • The experience area is limited to the builder and one Guest—at least one person in the party must be age 14 or older
  • Custom astromech droid units are nonrefundable and are not eligible for Annual Passholder or other discounts
  • The Droid Depot experience is subject to availability and reservations may be required
  • If reservations are required, late arrivals may not be accommodated

Another CM review from Sponono88 on wdwmagic

Just left the CM preview. My quick thoughts are.. smugglers run is so much fun! Rode two times as a pilot and once as an engineer. Both were fun but I preferred the pilot experience. It’s a bit distracting to keep looking away to find the light up buttons to push when you’re the engineer. You do get blasts of air whenever a button lights up in order to get your attention.

Didn’t get into the Cantina because I ran out of time and lines hovered between 1 to 1.5 hours.

The green milk was good but was small for the 8$ price tag. It wasn’t too sweet and kind of tasted like matcha ?! The marketplace shops are small but cute and full of details (creatures, lights, sounds everywhere). The setup to pay is strange and I can’t imagine how it’ll work once the huge crowds take over. The creature shop reminds me of a wizarding world store, including a caged creature that is akin to the monster book thing in hogsmeade.

And yes the sounds throughout the land add so much to the experience ! It’s like a crisp surround sound of ships flying over the buildings , animal sounds , the clinks and clanks and hissing of steam - it’s all so well done and so richly detailed. I’ll post more later when I get home and in the meantime let me know if you have questions
263a.png

Another review from captnblue on wdwmagic

I went to the preview today from 4-8. They really did an incredible job of making you feel as if you've traveled to another place. As for seeing Disneyland, the only thing I could see was some of the top of BTMR from certain areas.

The number of people they were letting in was very manageable, so I was able to try the food, hang out in the cantina, see the shops, etc. The first thing I did was pop into the cantina. I tried the Fuzzy Tauntaun and my partner had the Jedi Mind Trick. The Fuzzy Tauntaun is basically a fuzzy navel with some kind of super strange 'buzz foam' on top which made my whole mouth tingle in a not particularly pleasant way, though the drink itself was great. The Jedi Mind Trick tasted mostly of grapefruit bitters. They also offer drinks in souvenir cups, such as one in a porg cup for a mere $42. Watching Rex DJ is strangely captivating, but the theming in general is great in here. Lots of little effects that may or may not stand the test of time.

Next we headed to Smuggler's Run. I was right side pilot for my first time through, my partner was left pilot. We both felt like we didn't really have much control over the movements, which was a bit disappointing. Our ride messed up as our score was being calculated at the very end, so they took us around and let us skip the line to ride again. This time we traded positions and I was gunner. My partner accidentally set his controls to auto, so make sure not to do that if you want to "aim." I found pilot to be a little more fun, as with gunner you're kind of awkwardly dealing with stuff beside you while trying to watch the screen in front.

We went and grabbed some food from the indoor counter service place. It was... interesting. We tried the ribs as well as the fried chicken loaf thing. We decided that place was a one and done for us, and we'd rather just walk over to Plaza. I do want to try the other outdoor location, the droid turning the meat on the spit with the engine cooking it was really neat.

There were some smaller shops that are definitely going to be feeling the crunch when larger crowds are let in the land. Probably goes without saying that the lightsabers are seemingly a big hit already, as I saw a ton of people with them.

There were some people that were given phones in order to test the play app, as we we weren't allowed personal devices. I didn't get to try it out, but I heard several people saying it was confusing for some reason. There did seem to be a lot of points around to interact with/translate.

The CMs were definitely hamming it up and getting into character, storytelling etc. It will be interesting to see how long that continues.

I'll be back on the 31st, and I can't wait to explore more of the details around the land.

really happy to see these parts:

Watching Rex DJ is strangely captivating, but the theming in general is great in here. Lots of little effects that may or may not stand the test of time.

And yes the sounds throughout the land add so much to the experience ! It’s like a crisp surround sound of ships flying over the buildings , animal sounds , the clinks and clanks and hissing of steam - it’s all so well done and so richly detailed.

As a local(ish), I think I'll be approaching SWGE as I approached Diagon Alley when it first opened... visit a few times over a year or two and see it in drips and drabs, as crowds and time permit. I have no interest in dropping $$$ on lightsabers or droids, so I can just avoid those until things simmer down enough to have a look. I want to see Oga's, but I don't have a burning desire to try a drink, so that can wait, too. I'll be happy to just wander around for a while and take in the details of the place!

This weekend we're going to be upgrading our forum software to the latest version, Xenforo 2. The boards will be unavailable starting on Saturday at 3 pm eastern. We anticipate they will be back online Saturday night if there are no technical issues with the transfer. Once the forums are back online, the design team will be working on them, so they may not look like "our forums" right away. While we are upgrading the software, this new version does have some major differences - mainly that it is designed with a priority on mobile devices. There are also many new features with this version of Xenforo, including expanded emojii options, enhanced editing features and better integration with social media among them.

While we don't expect any major downtime, with any migration to a new platform, things can happen - so we ask for your patience and understanding as we undergo this enhancement.

Just a note from the CM previews so far. It seems the biggest issue people are having is waiting for Oga's during the 4 hour window. The waits are an hour or longer at times. That could be an issue going forward as well.
Definitely will be. I honestly just want to go in for a bit to check it out (I don't even need a drink!) and then bounce but I'm expecting the situation to be worse than this when it's open for all. Maybe two hour waits? This is going to be a core experience, second to obviously SR but it feels kinda like it'll be like the Harry Potter wand ceremony.

This weekend we're going to be upgrading our forum software to the latest version, Xenforo 2. The boards will be unavailable starting on Saturday at 3 pm eastern. We anticipate they will be back online Saturday night if there are no technical issues with the transfer. Once the forums are back online, the design team will be working on them, so they may not look like "our forums" right away. While we are upgrading the software, this new version does have some major differences - mainly that it is designed with a priority on mobile devices. There are also many new features with this version of Xenforo, including expanded emojii options, enhanced editing features and better integration with social media among them.

While we don't expect any major downtime, with any migration to a new platform, things can happen - so we ask for your patience and understanding as we undergo this enhancement.

Very exciting news!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter