***Official*** Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Information Thread *** Contains SPOILERS ***

Droids walking around would have been amazing to see. Seems like Olga’s is going to be a ‘get your drink and get out’ type place, and the fact that they can’t get Rise to work properly scares me a little. I’m not sure why they’re rushing to open the land. I’d rather wait a little longer and have everything in working order. Should be interesting.
I don't know how recent these reviews are but Rise was doing better last I heard. I don't think they are rushing anything. Falcon seems to be working just fine. Rise is the biggest question as to when.

as I posted on twitter: It is totally understandable and not unexpected to have the fence ... but for those of us that follow the rules it is a bit of a bummer
Yeah. I understand why it's there, but I am sad about it. I wish it was prettier/more photogenic.
Someone mentioned this, but why not have themed characters acting as a fence?

Droids walking around would have been amazing to see. Seems like Olga’s is going to be a ‘get your drink and get out’ type place, and the fact that they can’t get Rise to work properly scares me a little. I’m not sure why they’re rushing to open the land. I’d rather wait a little longer and have everything in working order. Should be interesting.

I think the issues with Rise is why they are going with the staged opening ... everything else is good to go, why hold out if you aren't sure how long the last thing will take?

I think Olga's will be a bit more than that - but probably won't have the same feel as, say, Trader Sam's where you can just hang and be chill

Yeah. I understand why it's there, but I am sad about it. I wish it was prettier/more photogenic.
Someone mentioned this, but why not have themed characters acting as a fence?
Perhaps they just thought about this last minute? And hopefully, they bring in some themed cargo bins or crates or something??....

I'll arrive november 4 and for now the EEMH are supposed to stop november 2... I cross fingers and toes they remain for a longer period. :P

I honestly believe they won't extend much further than that. Busy WDW period begins shortly after that. I think people are not booking/changing reservations like they'd hoped. There are still A LOT of rooms and dining reservations open the week after labor day and I think Disney is trying to entice resort bookings for that "exclusive" access. I think extra magic hours will be cut to one hour most mornings and we'll start to see paid experiences in early 2020.
Just my opinion.

I know several star wars fans who are actually waiting for that. They're not Disney fans and would prefer buying a limited experience ticket so they can enjoy the land but stay off property and for only a day or two once both rides are functioning. Now the dozen people I know are a drop in the bucket compared to the fan base but I imagine it's not a completely alien idea.

I honestly believe they won't extend much further than that. Busy WDW period begins shortly after that. I think people are not booking/changing reservations like they'd hoped. There are still A LOT of rooms and dining reservations open the week after labor day and I think Disney is trying to entice resort bookings for that "exclusive" access. I think extra magic hours will be cut to one hour most mornings and we'll start to see paid experiences in early 2020.
Just my opinion.

I know several star wars fans who are actually waiting for that. They're not Disney fans and would prefer buying a limited experience ticket so they can enjoy the land but stay off property and for only a day or two once both rides are functioning. Now the dozen people I know are a drop in the bucket compared to the fan base but I imagine it's not a completely alien idea.

I actually was just looking at availability today (since I am a glutton for punishment) and was surprised how much there still is - I was looking for over the Rosh Hashanah holiday weekend and even then there were plenty of openings and not at outrageous pricing

Obviously there will be a huge rush for the first opening at Disneyland and then I am sure the first week at WDW will be crazy too - but wonder if it might not be as absolutely crazy longer term as people fear - or at least more of people waiting for the 2nd attraction to be up before making plans as I am sure a lot of non-Disney fans figure this will be a "once in a lifetime" trip

I actually was just looking at availability today (since I am a glutton for punishment) and was surprised how much there still is - I was looking for over the Rosh Hashanah holiday weekend and even then there were plenty of openings and not at outrageous pricing

Obviously there will be a huge rush for the first opening at Disneyland and then I am sure the first week at WDW will be crazy too - but wonder if it might not be as absolutely crazy longer term as people fear - or at least more of people waiting for the 2nd attraction to be up before making plans as I am sure a lot of non-Disney fans figure this will be a "once in a lifetime" trip

Agree. For comparison, since we're slow at work (sorry boss if you're reading this), I checked availability for 2 adults and 2 children (9 and 10) for a variety of full weeks (Sunday through Saturday). Some a picked are significant, some are just random. I know the closer we get, some of these may fill up but it's a good reference.

Memorial day week - 21 resorts unavailable
June 9-15 - 16 resorts unavailable
July 4th week- 8 resorts unavailable
Full week before SWGE - 15 resorts unavailable
Full week of.SWGE- 9 resorts unavailable
Labor day week - 6 resorts unavailable
Week after labor day - 8 resorts unavailable
October 6-12 - 13 resorts unavailable
Jersey week - 15 resorts unavailable
Thanksgiving - 18 resorts unavailable
First week of December - 23 resorts unavailable

Now, there's NO way to know how many are staying off-site. But currently, resort occupancy is looking nice. I think Disney overestimated people's ability to book freely. Many can't just change their vacation around after an announcement only 180 days out.

Agree. For comparison, since we're slow at work (sorry boss if you're reading this), I checked availability for 2 adults and 2 children (9 and 10) for a variety of full weeks (Sunday through Saturday). Some a picked are significant, some are just random. I know the closer we get, some of these may fill up but it's a good reference.

Memorial day week - 21 resorts unavailable
June 9-15 - 16 resorts unavailable
July 4th week- 8 resorts unavailable
Full week before SWGE - 15 resorts unavailable
Full week of.SWGE- 9 resorts unavailable
Labor day week - 6 resorts unavailable
Week after labor day - 8 resorts unavailable
October 6-12 - 13 resorts unavailable
Jersey week - 15 resorts unavailable
Thanksgiving - 18 resorts unavailable
First week of December - 23 resorts unavailable

Now, there's NO way to know how many are staying off-site. But currently, resort occupancy is looking nice. I think Disney overestimated people's ability to book freely. Many can't just change their vacation around after an announcement only 180 days out.

This is interesting. I am going August 25-Sept 3, booked before the announcement. I keep checking for my dates, and I see no unavailable resorts. All are coming up with some availability and most with lots of availability. I am sure people are holding off for many different factors, especially waiting to see how it all plays out in DL.

I'll arrive november 4 and for now the EEMH are supposed to stop november 2... I cross fingers and toes they remain for a longer period. :P
The time change occurs during the Nov 2nd to Nov 3rd night plus there is the Half-Marathon on the morning of Nov 3rd. That is probably why they choose that cutoff date for now.

Not sure what to say.... feel slightly disappointed for some reason.

A Star Wars dinner show would have been really cool. I understand profitability but I feel like anything in this land (even soda stands) are going to be printing money. Why not go for it? I’ll answer my own question... they don’t have to.

Although larger, I think Oga’s is going to be a La Cava during F&W situation with an extended queue to get a premixed drink. Don’t get me wrong... I will be in the line (need all the tiki mugs)... but ugh. Although not practical given crowds, would be fun to hang out there for a few hours (who am I kidding... all day :rotfl:)

The Rise issues are concerning. Hope they figure it out quickly.

This reads very negative but I am super excited! I am booked at an Epcot resort for opening and even got a lunch reservation The Brown Derby in effort to ensure I can enter the park. Too old to camp out so really hope there’s some virtual queue.

Anxiously awaiting reports from Disneyland. I have a feeling I will be getting zero work done that day!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!