***Official*** Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Information Thread *** Contains SPOILERS ***

Nothing and I am not sure Disney has a set time frame yet. They are going no-FP because they want the flow in loading these attractions to be smooth. It could be a year before they add it. Universal did similar things with Potter and Express Pass.
Yeah I don't see them adding it because of efficient access to the land (no need to worry who has or doesn't have a FastPass when the land reaches capacity like they had to for Pandora) not the efficiency of the ride. The efficiency of the land access is much worse with FastPass so I think we won't see anything (paid or free during normal park hours) until the land crowds die down, since IMO that is the efficiency issue Disney is concerned about (much easier to tell people at the gate SW:GE is closed then deal with FastPass); whereas, the efficiency of the ride is the same with or without FastPass (same capacity per hour). Also why offer FastPass for free if you plan on having a paid upgrade, people are less likely to get upset if they never had the free version for that ride.

However, Express Pass is a bit different and was many years (7 years for Forbidden Journey, right?) before they added because the main concern, I believe, was it would water down the experience of Express Pass. I though they were concerned it would always sell out and everyone would buy for exclusively to use at Harry Potter. This isn't an issue with FastPass because it isn't an unlimited option, you get one pre-assigned time, if lucky, and can't re-ride unless lucky again.

So yes they both lack a "skip the line" feature but I think the motivations for limiting them are very different.

Last edited:
However, Express Pass is a bit different and was many years (7 years for Forbidden Journey, right?) before they added because the main concern, I believe, was it would water down the experience of Express Pass. I though they were concerned it would always sell out and everyone would buy for exclusively to use at Harry Potter. This isn't an issue with FastPass because it isn't an unlimited option, you get one pre-assigned time, if lucky, and can't re-ride unless lucky again.
Yeah I know express is different I was just comparing it to that cause Disney has never opened a new attraction without FP like this before.

Yeah I know express is different I was just comparing it to that cause Disney has never opened a new attraction without FP like this before.
Sorry wasn't my intended meaning just was trying to highlight that FastPass for GE is likely controlled by concerns about land capacity (at least to some extent, probably same as Harry Potter too). I'm just hoping the swarms of people eventually start spreading out so it isn't 7 years paid or unpaid for some sort of FastPass option with SW:GE. At least Disney does DAH and EMM so they have leg up if they offer those for SW:GE.

I think Disney will monitor the line and time movement without fp, if they consider the wait times without is acceptable it might stay without fp for a long time. Now the real question is what will Disney consider a normal/acceptable wait time. Without fp a line that stays at about 2 hours might be better than wait time going up to 5 hours with fp., and while for people carrying a fp that might be great imagine the majority of people without having to wait that long. Remember once an attraction has a fp about 90% of fp holder will go through to every 10% of standby

You also have to look at a paid FP possibility. Less people would buy a FP for it than if they have free FP so there could be a middle ground.

Nothing and I am not sure Disney has a set time frame yet. They are going no-FP because they want the flow in loading these attractions to be smooth. It could be a year before they add it. Universal did similar things with Potter and Express Pass.
A year...yikes! That would get lots of folks pretty riled up.

I guess I won't be able to experience the ride for awhile if no FP+. I waited once, for FOP for a little over 2 hours and I said I wouldn't do it again. It's just too long for me to stand...bad knees. But...there are so many other things to do and experience, it's fine with me. I just hope I get to try it before I die...LOL!

Quite frankly, I was surprised by this. No table service restaurant in a new land? I wonder why.
Disney set a precedence with this, Avatar and TSL, and any reason why is speculation, unlikely to ever be confirmed by Disney. However, I could see (and others on this board suggested some of these) the following: faster turn around for serving a guest, no worries about guaranteed access to the land which is likely to be consistently at capacity for major parts of the year, other popular park expansions haven't had any (think HP which has done well with Counter Service), and budget cuts. But all really share a common base element of crowd control to some extent (aside budget cuts)

Personally for me Table Service may have killed the vibe at Batuu, which is the site of "unsavory" people and those in hiding. So the counter service, IMO, makes the area seem more transient as I would expect from the way they are spinning Batuu. But I won't know until I see the land, just thought Table Service would seem too legitimate.

On the site they all say table service until you click it then it changes to counter but
Disney's Hollywood Studios

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge

Valid Park Admission Required

Unique/Themed Dining
Gives me hope it could be TS

On the site they all say table service until you click it then it changes to counter but
Disney's Hollywood Studios

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge

Valid Park Admission Required

Unique/Themed Dining
Gives me hope it could be TS

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190315-165609_Disney World.jpg
    Screenshot_20190315-165609_Disney World.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 31
Most people will be happier to be in a 2 hour line than a 5 hour line
This would only happen if you assume that people won't be riding the ride because of no FP and for this level of disparity you would be assuming a lot people wouldn't be riding. The ride has the same capacity to push people through and the existence of a FP line does nothing to reduce that capacity. It will make a "level" playing field with those on and off site for days that don't have EMH though. The people that were in the FP line need to go somewhere to ride the ride. I would assume the line waits could drop some only because some people might not ride but in the very beginning a lot will still. Just as many waited hours for Space Mountain or Test Track when FastPass didn't exist with similar wait times as the stand by has today.

Overall land capacity is probably going to be the overall driver of waits for people to experience the rides in SW:GE in the very beginning.

Last edited:
This would only happen if you assume that people won't be riding the ride because of no FP and for this level of disparity you would be assuming a lot people wouldn't be riding. The ride has the same capacity to push people through and the existence of a FP line does nothing to reduce that capacity. It will make a "level" playing field with those on and off site for days that don't have EMH though. The people that were in the FP line need to go somewhere to ride the ride. I would assume the line waits could drop some only because some people might not ride but in the very beginning a lot will still. Just as many waited hours for Space Mountain or Test Track when FastPass didn't exist with similar wait times as the stand by has today.

Overall land capacity is probably going to be the overall driver of waits for people to experience the rides in SW:GE in the very beginning.
Proven when tsmm went without fp. Wait times went from an hour to an hour and half to 45 min to 30 min.
An attraction without fp will diminish standby wait times because everyone is in the same line.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!