***Official*** Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Information Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Info & Planning' started by rteetz, Jan 2, 2019.

1. ThistleMae

ThistleMae Pandora is Even Better than Imagined!

My daughter talks about the much later closings as well. She's been a long time visitor, so 11 or 12 seems early to her. 10 p.m. seems almost ridiculous. I, a newby to the parks, can't even imagine the parks being open till midnight or later for EMH. "What a world, what a world."

Cluelyss, Rach3975 and goofygal531 like this.
  2. goofygal531

goofygal531 Always planning...

12am with a 3 hr EMH for a 3am MK closing used to be the norm in the summer.

Now, those hours in SW:GE would be amazing!

Astryd, Cluelyss and BigRed98 like this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. The Pho

The Pho A heck of a paleontologist if I do say so myself

And it was a glorious 3 hour finale!

Astryd, BigRed98, Mal6586 and 2 others like this.
  5. Cinderumbrella

Cinderumbrella DIS Veteran

Ugh, remember those days? We would shut MK down!! That’s why DAH irks me. MK at 1am used to have similar results, included.

Astryd and goofygal531 like this.
  6. Sarah1024

Sarah1024 Mouseketeer

We are also booked in early December at AKL. I really hope that RotR is open by then. I can't imagine that it is THAT far behind. You would think Disney would want to open it a few weeks or a month after the land opens.

7. ThistleMae

ThistleMae Pandora is Even Better than Imagined!

:dancer:

8. Violetspider

Violetspider Lots-'O Alert

That would be even more nerve racking for me. I purposely choose December at Disneyland, because I thought SW:GE would have been open at least 5 months. I won't be going to WDW again until June of 2020 and I think that will be too soon to visit, especially with summer crowds. Yikes!

Sarah1024 likes this.
  9. Sarah1024

Sarah1024 Mouseketeer

We are also going September of this year and April and November of next year....so if it's not open it's not open.....but we did specifically book CL rooms in order to get FP's to all the SWGE attractions. So it would suck not to be able to use that advantage!!

Violetspider likes this.
  10. PrincessV

PrincessV DIS Veteran

Yeah, I'm very much hoping for some late - non-EMH - nights to enjoy SWGE. As a semi-local who either visits for the day or stays offsite, the EMHs are tough. Evening EMHs made it hard to get any late-day Pandora time without a FP in its early days, so I imagine with no FPs at SWGE, EMHs will make it even more difficult for those of us without onsite stays to get in.

11. Violetspider

Violetspider Lots-'O Alert

Oh, that would be awful. I hope they initiate FP's for both rides before you get there.

Sarah1024 likes this.
  12. Cinderumbrella

Cinderumbrella DIS Veteran

They have to incentivize people to stay on site. If I had to guess, park will generally close by 10 (or even 9) with EMH after. I would also assume they will monitor the end of the line in the evening to ensure EMH is actually benefiting the on site people (like they did in the early days of Pandora).

13. PrincessV

PrincessV DIS Veteran

That's my guess, too, which makes it tough for those of us who live here and can't afford to spend extra $$ on unnecessary hotel rooms.

DoryGirl1963 likes this.
  14. Lothlórien

Lothlórien Many, many trips since 2001

If Disney is selling it in the parks, there will be no restrictions on wearing it. Disney Store items, such as a costume, would be a different story, as a guest may confuse you for a park character.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019 at 12:18 PM
  15. Lothlórien

Lothlórien Many, many trips since 2001

Wait times are still on average 20 - 30 minutes when you call in. A lot of guests are trying to switch their dates to both avoid and be a part of it.

Most everything in the fall is waitlist only or only 1 night available here and there.

16. MickeyMinnieMom

MickeyMinnieMom If you ticket it, they will come... ;)

They did that 2 yrs ago and reversed out of it last year. Sincerely doubt they'd do that when SWGE opens.

17. Sarah1024

Sarah1024 Mouseketeer

For longer stays maybe, but I've checked shorter nights a bunch of dates in September, and there was still a ton of availability. It's surprising.

18. KyleAfterAWhile

KyleAfterAWhile Mouseketeer

Any valid speculation on when Fastpasses will be available?
    I find a lot of people try to pretend they are "in-the-know" on things or know more than they really do. Hopeful something has leaked.

19. rteetz

rteetz Rumors and News Moderator Moderator

Nothing and I am not sure Disney has a set time frame yet. They are going no-FP because they want the flow in loading these attractions to be smooth. It could be a year before they add it. Universal did similar things with Potter and Express Pass.

20. MickeyMinnieMom

MickeyMinnieMom If you ticket it, they will come... ;)

I REALLY hope it's not that long...!!

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019 at 6:05 PM
    Sarah1024 likes this.
  21. mrsap

mrsap ‘I find your lack of faith disturbing’

It’s Friday!!!

upload_2019-3-15_15-23-30.jpeg 25AAF7C9-C359-422F-92F3-3F097DA26B78.jpeg

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019 at 3:30 PM
    vinotinto, TheMaxRebo, KStash and 4 others like this.