***Official*** Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Information Thread *** Contains SPOILERS ***

I agree with the discussion on DIS unplugged I think it’s not going to be as big as people are hyping it up to be.

I think the staggered opening makes this really unique - especially with it being in both stateside parks and both having the staggered opening ... so in effect we now have 4 grand openings of sorts

So you will have the group of people that absolutely need to be there first to the Land and have waited 40 years to fly the Falcon and will go to the Disneyland opening. Then you will have some that it's just easier to do Florida, want to do WDW or want to do both opening days that will do the Florida opening ... but then there are a lot of others that will wait until at least one of the parks has both attractions - and some of those people might just be waiting to see how long of a wait that is. That is, if we are talking 2 months, they will wait ... if it is 9 months then they might go twice, but aren't booking yet

So I can see this spreading out the crowds a bit and after that first few weeks of opening day crush it might not be as bad as we feared - at least until RotR opens

How bizarre! I literally got no availability for most of the dates. I'm guessing yet another glitch in the system. Thanks for the info - I'll have to take another look later! :thumbsup2

ETA: Nope, I still see zero Values availability for 9/10-12, 9/22-24, etc. Weird.

are you looking for week long stays or more? I saw some chatter about week+ stays are a bit harder to find but if you are looking for 2-3 nights or whatever it was much easier

I can hardly wait for the DLR reviews on crowds once it opens! I think it will be crazy.

I think the reservation system to enter the land is partly/largely for this reason - so the reviews from media and bloggers gives as positive a take as possible. If it is absolute bedlam and shoulder to shoulder in the land and/or 8 hour queues to get into the land that will come across very negatively in reviews and videos

Very interesting, especially when they expected a rush in reservations.
Are people waiting for both rides? Makes me nervous for my Nov trip if they open the other ride then :scared:
I am, but I'm waiting until Rise opens and waiting a bit to see how that affects everything. Once wait times start to decrease I'll probably book a trip for the following month. I hope there aren't too many others planning to do the same.

I think everyone knows about Star Wars and its announcement. It was all over the news and GMA and various places. My mother, who doesn't follow Disney at all, texted me to tell me about it lol. Also, Iger said they aren't going to publicize it, no? That the marketing budget was minimal?

This^ My friend, who could care less about SW and isn't glued to any news source or social media, texted me the opening dates a few hours after they were announced. It was kind of cute of him to think that I didn't already know...:rolleyes1 There are 40+ years of fans of the franchise awaiting this. It will be insane at both ends of the country. Remember all the people on here that weren't "real" fans of the movie Avatar when we were leading up to the opening of Pandora? Well, we all know what happened there and that land was based on a single movie that a lot of people didn't love. SWGE is in a completely different orbital plane. Thinking crowds will subside from insane after a few months? Yeah, I don't think so.

MDE just updated the app :D

D1fi4piWsAQrimt.jpg:large
WDW will actually be posting SWGE wait times in parsecs

Honestly, I suspect the average SW fan (not the super fans or diehard Disney heads) have no idea the opening date is even announced until commercials and more social media posts go out. THATS why there are rooms to be had right now in fall. It will change in the coming weeks.

Personally, I agree with you. My mom and sister visit WDW and DL almost as often as I do, but they're not on social media. They did not know about both Star Wars lands opening until I told them. Honestly, besides social media, I've seen little in the news about the openings. I don't have cable though. I use the Google News app and on there, I only saw a few articles about the openings, and that was when the announcement was first made.

I think the August opening at WDW was a smart move. It's typically a low crowd month. I see a TON of resort availability, with the Sun & Fun offer no less, for Aug 25 - 31. Club level at Boardwalk Inn is $461/night. All Star Music is $93/night. In fact, all of the resorts show availability except for Pop and Yacht Club. Honestly, I wish I could go for opening month instead of November like I'm booked now. It's really an awesome value because even the ticket prices are low (relatively speaking).

Honestly, I suspect the average SW fan (not the super fans or diehard Disney heads) have no idea the opening date is even announced until commercials and more social media posts go out. THATS why there are rooms to be had right now in fall. It will change in the coming weeks.

I texted 3 of my slightly above average SW fans the day after it was announced. Only 1 had heard the date was released and got it wrong :confused3

They did a story on the opening date for Galaxy's Edge on our local news radio station here in Des Moines the day after it was announced!

OMG why do I have tears in my eyes?!!
Me too! I'm happy to be able to admit that in good company.

Parks blog post on the upcoming SWGE panel

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...-chicago/?CMP=SOC-DPFY19Q2wo0307190313190017C

This one I definitely will be attending!
We will be needing reports!

I saw this last week on Instagram and cried a lot. As long as we have CM's like this, everything is going to be fine. Apparently the tour guide lady is a super Star Wars fan so I can only imagine what it means for her!

I am SO jealous you saw A New Hope at the theater on opening night!!!!!
I saw it in the theater with my dad. He was a huge Star Wars and Disney fan, actually! I was 14 years old at the time. He would have been as excited as I am to visit SWGE!

are you looking for week long stays or more? I saw some chatter about week+ stays are a bit harder to find but if you are looking for 2-3 nights or whatever it was much easier
I was looking for a 2-night stay and came up empty on every set of dates I tried. I can find a single night here and there at rack rate, but that's it.

Unit of distance first mentioned in this clip from A New Hope

gotta love Star Wars fans ....

- wizards who can move things with their minds and yield a light sword? Yeah, accept that with no questions

- Is a made up measurement unit to be for time or distance? Ok, that we will argue for years with the passion of a thousand suns!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter