**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

March of the First Order is ending July 7th. The walk around Storm Troopers are also ending that day.

I expect this is a getting ready for SWGE thing.
where was this confirmed? I see them on the schedule on the website
NVMD: I see it on the website but not the app

Last edited:
If anyone has a Star Wars Tour booked past July 7th have you received any communications about the closing of MotFO or SWaGFFA? both shows are part of the tour

The tables sit 4.
I would say still staying toward the back and center of the viewing area. If the floor is dry most people actually sit and you'll have a nice ledge to sit on.
We did it June 10th and this is what happened for ours and we got the back and the ledge. Very nice!

We did the Star Wars Dessert Party again for the 3rd time on 6/25 and this was the best one yet! This was our first time doing it since seating was added and it was a much more relaxing experience this time around. I checked the night before to see if the party was sold out and it was but it didn’t feel crowded at all and no one from the Star Wars tour came to the viewing area that night.

We checked in at 7:00pm and we went straight into the Launch Bay to look around and wait. We were let into the party area at 7:45pm and had a great table against the wall right by the buffet tables so we weren’t crowded in like some of the other tables and it was handy for quickly getting food.

We thought the selection of food was great and enjoyed everything that we ate especially the cheese selection, sea salt pita, passion fruit mousse domes and the blue milk panacotta. We noticed though that while they were restocking the savoury items constantly they weren’t really restocking the desserts so grab what you want early on. We also had a few cocktails and wine. The cocktails seemed a lot sweeter this time though but the Citrus Vodka one was pretty good.

The stormtrooper interaction was so good. They were absolutely hilarious and constantly coming around the tables and patrolling the party area. We really enjoyed that aspect of the party. In fact, I was even “arrested” before the party for refusing to pledge allegiance to the First Order and made to stand against a wall while they “secured the area”. We didn’t bother to meet Kylo Ren as we weren’t interested but they were letting people use their lanyards before and during the party, which acted like a super fastpass to see him.

We were told when we checked in that everyone needed to be at the bottom of the stairs at 8:50pm to go over to the viewing area so we left the Launch Bay at 8:40pm to get over there first and get a good spot on the back wall dead center. This really is the best spot for the show so thanks for the advice. I know a lot of people don’t like the new viewing area because it’s too close but this was the best view we’ve ever had. It felt like you were right in the action and you could feel the heat from the flames, which was cool. There was plenty of room to move around in the viewing are and everyone stayed sitting down during the show so everyone could see. We also really enjoyed the Wonderful World of Animation show before the Star Wars fireworks.

We all had an amazing time and were glad we got do it again this trip in case this was the last time we got to see them if they stop doing them after Galaxy’s Edge opens.

I will have access to the HUB soon
Wow, you'll put it to good use. I feel like a fish out of water not having access. Why they don't allow retirees access is beyond dumb.
my daughter got cast for SWGE attractions
That's great, from what you've posted about her I think she'll do real well.
has her traditions day July 24th
Tell her to soak it all in. Traditions is a lot of fun, or should I say was more fun when I did it 100 years ago. It's been streamlined quite a bit over time.

Last edited:
What, and you didn't let me know?
Aw darn it. I was so unprepared for this trip, I totally forgot to let you know!! We loved it though! We will be back July 4-7 and Aug 30-Sept 2, plus Oct 10-13 and 11/27-12/1. Will you be around or have you got to the new place yet? PM me!

What are everyone’s guesses about a Galactic Nights (or something similar) happening to coincide with the release of Rise of Skywalker in December? We have a trip planned that will have us in WDW on opening day and while just seeing the movie while we’re there would be awesome....the thought of a hard ticket event has me giddy LOL
Anyone recall when they were announced for TFA and TLJ?
ETA: Found the releases....October 19 for Force Awakens and September 17 for Last Jedi....I cant wait that long!!! Ha ha ha

Last edited:
What are everyone’s guesses about a Galactic Nights (or something similar) happening to coincide with the release of Rise of Skywalker in December? We have a trip planned that will have us in WDW on opening day and while just seeing the movie while we’re there would be awesome....the thought of a hard ticket event has me giddy LOL
Anyone recall when they were announced for TFA and TLJ?
ETA: Found the releases....October 19 for Force Awakens and September 17 for Last Jedi....I cant wait that long!!! Ha ha ha
I can see them doing something if GE is not support packed from now until then

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter