**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

What about doing Fantasmic and the Star Wars dessert party on the same night? Can this be done in late June?
Already purchased the Fantasmic dining package - so it will be for the first show. I have done the dessert party before - really just wanting a good spot in front of the theater.
what day are you coming?

I am wondering if I could book the dessert party - check in - I don't care if we stay for the party or not - go to Fantasmic and get out in time to head over the the stars wars viewing area and still get in there since you are led out from Launch Bay. We probably won't make in time to see the World of Animation part though would we? I think that starts at 9:15.

I am wondering if I could book the dessert party - check in - I don't care if we stay for the party or not - go to Fantasmic and get out in time to head over the the stars wars viewing area and still get in there since you are led out from Launch Bay. We probably won't make in time to see the World of Animation part though would we? I think that starts at 9:15.
Fantasmic! is a 30 min show, no way you can enjoy both shows in one night.
Now some people decide to leave F! early, it's a matter of personal choice but to me, you are paying for the F! package then not enjoying the entire show since you will be on edge ready to leave early, you will inconvenience fellow guests by leaving early (unless you are seated in the very top row on the aisle) then you book it over to center stage. I wouldn't do it. You would need to leave F! by like 9:20pm to be able to make it to center stage in time, also you would need to check into the dessert party at 7pm to get your lanyard so that you have access to the viewing area
They will take people out to the viewing area at 9pm so they can enjoy the new show (9:05pm)

Fantasmic! is a 30 min show, no way you can enjoy both shows in one night.
Now some people decide to leave F! early, it's a matter of personal choice but to me, you are paying for the F! package then not enjoying the entire show since you will be on edge ready to leave early, you will inconvenience fellow guests by leaving early (unless you are seated in the very top row on the aisle) then you book it over to center stage. I wouldn't do it. You would need to leave F! by like 9:20pm to be able to make it to center stage in time, also you would need to check into the dessert party at 7pm to get your lanyard so that you have access to the viewing area
They will take people out to the viewing area at 9pm so they can enjoy the new show (9:05pm)

I will say- having been witness to the massive amount of people who did this with a similar show timing a couple of years ago- it is very disruptive when you are trying to watch/enjoy F! and people are crawling over you to get out and rush to see SWaGS while you are trying to watch the finale. We also experienced it from the other side- people stampeding to find a spot last second for SWaGS as they arrived from F!, and it was noticeable but less annoying since it only disrupted the first 30 seconds or so of the show. That being said, if you choose to leave F! to get to the viewing area, I'm sure you won't be the only one doing so. FWIW, I agree with @yulilin3 - I wouldn't do it.

Anyone heard or have an idea when/if the dessert parties for F! or Star Wars fireworks will be extended past July? I know lately it has been around the 20th of the month but not so this month.

Anyone heard or have an idea when/if the dessert parties for F! or Star Wars fireworks will be extended past July? I know lately it has been around the 20th of the month but not so this month.
There isn't a actual Fantasmic dessert party, it's a viewing experience. If you read the description on MDE you'll see what I'm referring to. I expect the dessert party to continue for as long as SWaGS continues.

Just noticed - August dates for Star Wars "Galactic Spectacular" Dessert party are blue. I won't let me book yet for any of my dates - so I'll wait & report when they are bookable. :)

And - August dates are now bookable. :) But it only goes to August 26. I guess the opening of the new land is changing things!

Thank you for posting that. I check every morning and didn't see anything, but when I logged in through the US (English) site (I'm in Canada), I was able to select and book August dates. My calendar only showed it bookable to Aug 24, which is fine because I was wanting Aug 23 anyway.

Does anyone know when they stop offering the Star Wars dessert party? Does that normally end before holiday party dessert events or do they run them simultaneously?

Does anyone know when they stop offering the Star Wars dessert party? Does that normally end before holiday party dessert events or do they run them simultaneously?
In the past they have run the Dessert Party right through the year with the exception of Nov/Dec when it changes to Jingle Bell/Jingle Bam for Christmas season. I suspect the last bookable date being Aug 24 this year has something to do with GE opening and they are either going to change the offering or potentially suspend it temporarily to get through the craziness of the initial opening.

the show is currently scheduled through Aug 28th,the dessert party through the 24th. This is interesting because it might mean many things. Maybe they will be using Center Stage and/or Launch Bay for media/opening day purposes from the 25th until opening day of SWGE, I will continue to look at the calendar everyday to see if the show is put on the schedule past the 29th

the show is currently scheduled through Aug 28th,the dessert party through the 24th. This is interesting because it might mean many things. Maybe they will be using Center Stage and/or Launch Bay for media/opening day purposes from the 25th until opening day of SWGE, I will continue to look at the calendar everyday to see if the show is put on the schedule past the 29th
I’m sure that week is going to be nuts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter