**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

So if I’m understanding correctly, I can check in, then go and do the Star Wars character meets before 7:30. We really want to meet the characters, and don’t want to eat up too much of the party time doing it. We have sci fi dine in ADR at 5:35. If it is deciding between sci fi and Star Wars, Star Wars wins. I’m hearing about an hour and a half for sci fi. Would this be cutting into any time we could be spending at Star Wars? I thought that because it was listed at 7:30,we couldn’t meet the characters or do any other Star Wars party activities until 7:30. Am I wrong? If someone can explain I would appreciate it.
Thank you!

Are we able to get into the party any earlier?
guests being allowed in 15 minutes before the advertised start time.
I thought check in was at Launch Bay.
Yes it is, but there's really no line waiting to check in. At most there may be a couple of parties in front of you at check in. The line is inside waiting to get into the actual party area.
When we did it, they put a check in podium outside in front of Launch Bay. I can't remember what time, but it was earlier than the party.
Check in begins at least 45 minutes before the advertised start time.
I think that people did meet in front of Launch Bay and the CM's walked them inside at the start time?!
After you check in outside, you're on your own. You can get in the party Que inside the Launch Bay or return when it gets close to 7:15. CMs do not walk guests in.
I thought that because it was listed at 7:30,we couldn’t meet the characters or do any other Star Wars party activities until 7:30. Am I wrong?
Yes, the rest of the Launch Bay is open all day to everyone, even during the party. It's not exclusively for party guests and party guests wait in line with non party guests to meet the characters. You can meet the characters anytime.

Last edited:
Thanks For clarifying. I thought meeting characters were just for partygoers. I know it varies but any idea of how long it may take to meet Chewy, Darth Vader, and Kylo REN? Do you choose to meet them as a single meet? Or, do you meet all of them one after the other in the same line?

Will the characters still be there after the fireworks?
I assume that the Launch Bay closes when the park closes.
I know it varies but any idea of how long it may take to meet Chewy, Darth Vader, and Kylo REN? Do you choose to meet them as a single meet? Or, do you meet all of them one after the other in the same line?
The wait times vary and depends on how busy the park is. Usually during the party, the wait times don't exceed 20 minutes and are usually less. They are met individually. BTW, no Darth Vader, it's BB8.

After you check in outside, you're on your own. You can get in the party Que inside the Launch Bay or return when it gets close to 7:15. CMs do not walk guests in......
Thanks for clarifying. I don't recall how the other guests got there, just that we were there earlier.

...... We have sci fi dine in ADR at 5:35. If it is deciding between sci fi and Star Wars, Star Wars wins. I’m hearing about an hour and a half for sci fi. Would this be cutting into any time we could be spending at Star Wars?....

IMO, I would not do a dinner reservation right before the party. There's a lot of food and it's not all just sweets. I wouldn't go to the party already full.

Have you done or considered the Frozen Ever After Illuminations dessert party?
We have not done that one. So far we have just the Star Wars and HEA Plaza view planned. I have the HEA booked and just waiting for May dates for Star Wars. I'm not the biggest HEA fan and that party never pulled me. Do you think that one is good or worth it?

Do you think that one is good or worth it?
I assume you're referring about the FEA party?

Because the decision of whether a party is worth is impacted by what park, show or food a person likes or dislikes, I stay away from the "is it worth it" question. I'm not a fan of projections, so if I were ever to be a guest at a dessert party, my preference would not be the HEA or SW dessert parties. But that's me and I'm in the minority in that opinion.

Putting that aside, the FEA party offers preassigned tables with seating and the very comfortable laid-back setting along the lagoon at night is great. Besides, I can't show favoritism.

We have not done that one. So far we have just the Star Wars and HEA Plaza view planned. I have the HEA booked and just waiting for May dates for Star Wars. I'm not the biggest HEA fan and that party never pulled me. Do you think that one is good or worth it?

During our trip in early November, we did both the Star Wars party and the Magic Kingdom Fireworks sit down party. (We are not Frozen fans, so haven't tried that one at all).

My overall impression is this:
  • If you like sweets, both parties are filled with very special yummy things...if you are looking to replace a meal, you will probably need some kind of protein snack before - there just aren't many choices other than sweets. The SW one had a couple of dips with pita, the MK one had cheese cubes and fruit. I think the JBJB party we did last year was far better for savory choices.
  • party set up: SW is a somewhat private - as in you need your lanyard to get past the CMs to the food - with high tables, inside the Launch Bay. If you want to sit, you will find a couple of benches outside the official party area, but any guests in the park are also milling around that area as it's right by the meet and greets. MK set up is either a sit down area, (which we preferred for the party part, but not the viewing, as trees blocked many of the projections on the castle - but we got to SIT), or moving to the Plaza garden reserved area after the party, (standing, but more central to the show, and the projections are more visible - and some have reported being able to sit on the ground if it's not crowded). The SW party has cute souvenirs (we got BB8, and I found it holds wine just as well as soft drinks!). The MK handout was a few chocolates (more sweets....).
  • Shows: We like both shows, but since we attended the SW one from the older, off-to-the-left viewing area, I can't comment on the newer raised, central area. The projections on the numerous screens are pretty cool, but the fireworks are minimal. The MK show from the sit down location, as I said, was minimal for the projections, but the fireworks were awesome. (We are going to try the Plaza garden area in March when we go back).
  • Overall, since we were two adults with no little ones, I can only say dollar-wise, I'm not sure either party is "worth it," since you could see either show without going to the party. And at $79, I felt it was overpriced for what was offered - plus you can only eat SO MANY cupcakes). But from the convenience and specialness of attending a "private party and viewing", (and of course, the very SPECIAL Cast Members :cool1: ), that's something everyone must answer for themselves.
  • We plan to try the standing MK Plaza Garden ($59 vs. $79 seated) one in March, but decided to not do the SW party, and will attempt to find a good spot for viewing the show along with the masses...

I assume you're referring about the FEA party?

Because the decision of whether a party is worth is impacted by what park, show or food a person likes or dislikes, I stay away from the "is it worth it" question. I'm not a fan of projections, so if I were ever to be a guest at a dessert party, my preference would not be the HEA or SW dessert parties. But that's me and I'm in the minority in that opinion.

Putting that aside, the FEA party offers preassigned tables with seating and the very comfortable laid-back setting along the lagoon at night is great. Besides, I can't show favoritism.

Yes, the FEA party.

I guess "worth it" is hard to define and highly individualized. When I look at each of the three parties mentioned the important factors for me are:

Star Wars- Having done the party last trip was definitely a highlight for us. I enjoyed the food and the alcohol even more, just by the fact that there WAS alcohol included in the price! DH and I are Star Wars fans and I'm not the biggest Fantasmic fan and don't go out of my way to see it so we prefer Star Wars as the nighttime show in HS. For us it was "worth it", so much so that we're doing it again.

HEA- the show debuted during our last trip and my entire family loved it. Initially I wasn't planning on staying in MK for it because wishes was just kind of "meh" for me and it was our first trip without MSEP. (I still miss Spectromagic! Just throwing that out there!) But I'm glad that we did stay because we enjoyed the new show. On our next trip we are doing this dessert party as a present for our family. New show that we like + reserved garden area + desserts = a special treat for the family and "worth it".

Illuminations has always been a favorite of ours and we have been lucky in watching it multiple times from Rose and Crown patio and Spice Road. So we've had that laid back experience of enjoying our dinner, dessert and drinks while watching the show. I like that type of experience rather than watching from around the lagoon. I can see that dessert party appealing to my family. The FEA part.... not so much. We like Frozen, just not FEA. If we booked it, it wouldn't be because of the ride. Not sure it's "worth it" for us. Not unless they updated Illuminations.

I'm glad Disney has so many options!

IMO, I would not do a dinner reservation right before the party. There's a lot of food and it's not all just sweets. I wouldn't go to the party already full.

Good advice, yet many people do. I hear it on a regular basis. I don't know how they do it.
They don't. They wind up only having room for a small bowl of nitrogen truffle while realizing they are filled with both dinner and regret.

... or, um, so I've heard. :o

We are arriving from U.K. On Dec 16th for two weeks! Been 20+ times but never at Christmas so beyond excited. All the stories of fighting to get good spots for fireworks have scared us so we have ended up booking multiple dessert parties. We've only ever done Sparkling Desert party at Epcot before but we loved that and will be even better now with seating( I'm retired, hubby soon to be so we appreciate a seat!) Also did Illuminations cruise last year but not over impressed with that.

So we have booked Holiday Wishes Dessert party, HEA x2, Frozen Dessert Party x2 and Star Wars Dessert X1 so hope to see you there Fastpasser!

Also did Illuminations cruise last year but not over impressed with that.
I'm not impressed by the Illuminations cruises either. The food, view, lower cost and relaxed atmosphere at the FEA party makes it a better deal IMO.
So we have booked Holiday Wishes Dessert party, HEA x2, Frozen Dessert Party x2 and Star Wars Dessert
If I'm reading that right, that's six dessert parties? I wonder if that's a record?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter