**Official Spring Break 2020 Poll!**

When is your school districts 2020 Spring Break?

• February 24-28

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • March 2-6

Votes: 12 2.5%
  • March 9-13

Votes: 53 10.9%
  • March 16-20

Votes: 94 19.3%
  • March 23-27

Votes: 77 15.8%
  • March 30-April 3

Votes: 49 10.1%
  • April 6-10

Votes: 95 19.5%
  • April 13-17

Votes: 67 13.8%
  • April 20-24

Votes: 32 6.6%
  • April 27-May 1

Votes: 5 1.0%

• Total voters

sam1998

Mouseketeer
Our school has released it's official 2019-2020 school calendar. We can't be the only one that already knows their 2020 dates! So, if you know (or when you know), please pick the week that your school is doing spring break. Feel free to comment and include any insights as to how you think the 2020 spring break season will go.

Some important info:
Presidents Day: February 17, 2020
Easter: April 12, 2020

All poll options show dates beginning Monday of the school week.

Most of southeast Michigan is now the first full week in April, regardless of when Easter falls. 2020 it happens to be over Easter.

Last edited:

To answer the main question, there is no such thing as a Spring break for us. We never ever have one. We just have too many snow days. So we only ever get the Friday & Monday around Easter off, and occasionally things are so bad that we lose that Monday, too.

College Spring break for some NY colleges, March 9-13. Some other NY colleges are the following week. HS/Elementary districts are either the week before or after Easter.

My son’s K-12 district in northeast Ohio always does the last week in March, plus two days (Fri/Mon) around Easter.
The University I work at always does the second week in March. I double checked both of these for next year already.
No escaping spring breakers in March & April!

It's interesting to see the difference between the 2019 poll and the 2020 one with Easter being a few weeks earlier in 2020.

Our district historically has done the last full week of March (regardless of when Easter falls), and is doing so this year. We will be at WDW but are preparing for it to be very busy. However, for whatever reason, 2020 they have moved it to the very end of March/beginning of April week. As of right now, very early in the poll, it looks like the week before that and the week after have more schools on break. At least comparing our tiny little slice of the population.

We are in NY and our break is actually from April 9th through the 17th. Knew I should have been a teacher lol.

Maine is always the 3rd week in April. We also have the 3rd week in February. NH is usually the week after us in April.

Our school system has changed; it will always be the first full week of April, regardless of Easter. 2020 falls badly as it is right at Easter. This past year was great!

I'm in Frisco, TX and we have March 9. I looked up Plano and Allen ISD (March 9) Dallas ISD (March 16), Ft Worth ISD (March 9), Austin ISD (March 16), Conroe ISD (March 9) and Houston ISD (March 16) out of curiosity. So for the state of Texas it's probably half March 9 and half March 16.

So interesting. Ours is 3/30 this year, which is a week later than prior years. We went this year on our break (3/25) and it was manageable until the last few days. I'm hopeful our break in 2020 is better. But, we will of course have to deal with the chaos of Star Wars and who knows what will go along with that.

We have a big district (almost 190,000 students) and through spring 2020 we've always done spring break the week before Easter, ending with Easter weekend. They're considering switching us to a fixed week in late March or early April beginning with spring 2021. I kind of hope they do, since right now we're at the absolute worst week to travel during spring break season.

Its not spring break, but Mardi Gras is February 25, 2020, so expect a large number of folks from Louisiana, as schools in and around the New Orleans area shut down for the week.

I'm in northern CA. Our spring break is always the week before Easter, which is why I'll never travel to either WDW or DLR during spring break. (I'm a teacher, so I'm limited to breaks.) Oh, well.

We have a big district (almost 190,000 students) and through spring 2020 we've always done spring break the week before Easter, ending with Easter weekend. They're considering switching us to a fixed week in late March or early April beginning with spring 2021. I kind of hope they do, since right now we're at the absolute worst week to travel during spring break season.

They talked about doing this in my district, too, but it was voted down. I was also kind of hoping they'd do it.

I'm a teacher too and our spring break is usually the third or fourth week in March. For the past 2 years it was the third week, but next year it will switch back to the fourth week. Our whole state has the same break and it's always based around the standardized testing schedule for April. We came at spring break in 2018 and the crowds and weather were fine. I'm hoping for the same experience in 2020!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!