***Official September 2020 Thread***

So who is still planning to attend?
We are just 2 adult Disney veterans so we are okay going with all the cuts right now/masks/etc. Taking away our free dining & giving us 35% off actually took $1300 off our package which for us is a much better deal than free dining so thankfully that worked out, which is another reason we still plan to go.
Hoping some things are back by September but if things stay the way they are now, we will still go. But if there are more crazy cuts, shorter hours, or closed attractions we may have to re-evaluate.
If you do still plan to go, at what point would you not go?
For now we are still planning to go. It’s just DW and I. We are going to make a final decision after July 28 which is our APR date. We have APs which haven’t been activated. We aren’t going to waste activating our APs if we aren’t allowed to go into the parks.

Has international travel restriction been lifted? I am waiting for Louisiana to not have FL travel restrictions.

Not yet. The FCO in UK advices against all but essential international travel, and the US is still prohibiting people from certain countries, including UK from travelling to the US. I'm hoping both of these will be lifted before September though.

I'm still hoping that I can do my Pop reservation 9/15/2020 to 10/1/2020, it is simply down to the restrictions on flights from the UK being lifted, however, looking at how things are in the UK I'm not hopeful.

UK guests got a reduced price QSDP for staying at a value resort, we never get offered free dining, which is a little unfair. I'm wondering if we'll get some kind of room discount to reflect that. However, my MDE itinerary is still saying I have the plan and I've yet to receive an email updating me on anything.

I'm still hoping that I can do my Pop reservation 9/15/2020 to 10/1/2020, it is simply down to the restrictions on flights from the UK being lifted, however, looking at how things are in the UK I'm not hopeful.

Will you still be able to go if restrictions are lifted, but you'll have to quarantine? Worst case scenario, there'll be a 14 day quarantine both when arriving in the US and when coming back to UK again.

We are just 2 adult Disney veterans so we are okay going with all the cuts right now/masks/etc. Taking away our free dining & giving us 35% off actually took $1300 off our package which for us is a much better deal than free dining so thankfully that worked out, which is another reason we still plan to go.
Hoping some things are back by September but if things stay the way they are now, we will still go. But if there are more crazy cuts, shorter hours, or closed attractions we may have to re-evaluate.

We're still planning to come, though like you it's just two adults- DH and I. Honestly at this point there's not much that can make us not come. This trip is to celebrate my retirement, and for the last year I was working my new full time job 40+ hours during the week and then weekends for my old job so I could stay there that one more year and qualify for retirement. I don't care what kind of Disney vacation it is, I just want a Disney vacation! We are saving about $900 because we were originally booked at YC, but with having to move days from April it wasn't available so now we're at CSR. I'm still determined to have a good time though! If things are still super stringent I may consider moving it to Nov. but I really want to still go in Sept!

I have no idea how much of a discount i got. I know it went down a total of $844.04 So what ever percentage that is it's what i got lol. I booked a bounce back package w/ free dining back last September so i have no idea what just the hotel part was.

We still have our package (if you want to call it that) booked. Also two adult Disney veterans. Just about everything is a deal breaker for us, first and foremost, having to wear a mask. I am just waiting to see how the re-opening goes, the ability to re-book dining, and what Disney decides to do about fast pass. Also waiting to see if this virus is still around in September. I’ll make my decision at the 30 day mark when I can cancel with no penalty. So far I have only paid the $200 deposit. It sounds like you will go and enjoy!

We are all in! Sounds like not many attractions will be closed if any at all (except for normal refurbs). Word on the street is masks could be optional outdoors in 6 to 8 weeks after opening. We did not have dining booked. We have tracked it on prior trips and we actually spent less or equal paying as we go compared to the TS and QS dining plan (paid for of course). I ate less too when we paid as we went, which was better LOL.

I dont think there is much that would make us NOT go. Epcot closed would have been close but we are a full go!

We are still a go if they let us at this point. We are booked at All-Star Music so guessing we will be moved or canceled if they are not opened back up by then (9/5-9/16). I hope you are right on the masks and at the minimum, we don't have to wear them outside. We are not required to wear them where we live now. Also waiting to see what park reservations we can get and ADR's. TS meals are a big part of our trip and we would still like to do one TS meal a day. Hoping to get back some of the ones we had planned but also know that some of those are likely not to be happening yet. Oh, and park hours. I really hope they add more back in by then :(

We are all in! Sounds like not many attractions will be closed if any at all (except for normal refurbs). Word on the street is masks could be optional outdoors in 6 to 8 weeks after opening. We did not have dining booked. We have tracked it on prior trips and we actually spent less or equal paying as we go compared to the TS and QS dining plan (paid for of course). I ate less too when we paid as we went, which was better LOL.

I dont think there is much that would make us NOT go. Epcot closed would have been close but we are a full go!

Where have you seen/heard about the masks??

For now we are still planning to go. It’s just DW and I. We are going to make a final decision after July 28 which is our APR date. We have APs which haven’t been activated. We aren’t going to waste activating our APs if we aren’t allowed to go into the parks.
HOw do you know that is your APR date? Did I miss an email telling us when we could reserve a park?

was just a rumor I read on another thread..pure speculation. But I could see it happening. for outside
That would require a modification to the return to work agreement with the union. Not saying it couldn't happen but don't expect it by September.

I don't mind the masks (it's plenty hot and humid up here already and I've been running 3-4 miles with it on, so I can deal).

What I am really hoping they bring back by Sept is fireworks and EMH. I don't mind not having FP+ or dining more than 60 days in advance, but those extra park hours will make it more worth it to be an on-property guest and ensure we can get to do everything we want. Also, I love the fireworks and I'm OK if they don't have the huge spectaculars but even a few set off that you can see elsewhere on property as the "kiss goodnight" would be lovely :)

I don't mind the masks (it's plenty hot and humid up here already and I've been running 3-4 miles with it on, so I can deal).

What I am really hoping they bring back by Sept is fireworks and EMH. I don't mind not having FP+ or dining more than 60 days in advance, but those extra park hours will make it more worth it to be an on-property guest and ensure we can get to do everything we want. Also, I love the fireworks and I'm OK if they don't have the huge spectaculars but even a few set off that you can see elsewhere on property as the "kiss goodnight" would be lovely :)

The way things have been looking, I would be shocked if off property guests are being allowed into the park by September. They're acting like several resort hotels are not even going to be open at first, and staggering the openings of the remainder hotels. I guess it will depend on how quickly they increase the numbers of guests allowed in the Parks. But with annual passholders Florida residents and on property guest I would think that would be quite a bit of people.

The way things have been looking, I would be shocked if off property guests are being allowed into the park by September. They're acting like several resort hotels are not even going to be open at first, and staggering the openings of the remainder hotels. I guess it will depend on how quickly they increase the numbers of guests allowed in the Parks. But with annual passholders Florida residents and on property guest I would think that would be quite a bit of people.

I was assuming they only paused the existing reservations/ticket holders so that they could have them all make reservations and then figure out how many spots were leftover for the general public - especially with how many people say they are cancelling for 2020. I'm sure there will be room for off-property guests.

Then again who knows, because none of us have been asked to reserve parks yet :rolleyes1 (I've already had 2 stress dreams about it but it's fiiiiiiiiiine.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter