***Official September 2020 Thread***

September is new for us. We’ll be going 9/17-9/20. We’re still undecided on hotel. Leaning towards Beach Club though.

Is there a thread for September 2020 discounts or the 2020 free dining watch thread?

With the exception of that really odd fall 2019 free dining that dropped last January, you usually see September discounts released in April or May.

Is there a thread for September 2020 discounts or the 2020 free dining watch thread?

If I recall correctly, when I went in September of 2017 the discount and free dining watch chatter stayed in a thread like this, where everybody was going that same month. I could be wrong though.

I loved that they dropped the free dining so early last year. Luckily I was up early and saw a post about it and was able to grab it easily. Booked bounceback when we were there in August so happy I don't have to stalk the boards waiting on it to drop.

I've got a standard room at Coronado Springs reserved for my trip. I just looked. Those rooms (as well as a lot of others) are already booked up! What's up with that? :confused3 Thank goodness I'm an early planner I guess.

I've got a standard room at Coronado Springs reserved for my trip. I just looked. Those rooms (as well as a lot of others) are already booked up! What's up with that? :confused3 Thank goodness I'm an early planner I guess.

My guess would be a convention going on.

I'm a terrible OVER planner. I plan early then change things about 500X before we leave. I was so tired after this years trip I swore we wouldn't do that ever again....(yeah right) I'm already getting requests to reserve this and that. Hubby wants to build another light saber, 4 year old wants CRT, 19 year old wants a dessert party... I was actually looking forward to a nice quiet trip this year now that Paige has moved to College, but it don't look like that will be happening. I don't want to do EMM or dessert parties, but it looks like we will be going full throttle again next year...yay... Disney needs to stop giving people so much to do while there! 😆

Last edited:

We are going September 17 - 26, 2020! We will be at Universal at the start of our trip (I have no clue where to start with that since I know nothing about it, but hopefully will be able to find some good military rates!) then at Shades of Green Sept 19-26! First Disney World trip for us, so we are so excited! We are Disneyland regulars, so it will be fun to experience the big WDW.

We are going September 17 - 26, 2020! We will be at Universal at the start of our trip (I have no clue where to start with that since I know nothing about it, but hopefully will be able to find some good military rates!) then at Shades of Green Sept 19-26! First Disney World trip for us, so we are so excited! We are Disneyland regulars, so it will be fun to experience the big WDW.

I'm truly excited for you with this being your first trip to WDW! I'd be really interested to hear what you think after you've visited being a first timer and all. I haven't been to DL since I was a kid (I'm 57). I'm a WDW guy. Someone on another board made the comment that, if you're main reason to go is to visit SWGE (which is me this trip), DL is the place to go. I asked a friend of mine, who's been to both, if I pointed a gun at his head and told him to pick, he told me I'd have to shoot him because he can't say one is better than the other. LOL They're just different. Each one has it's pluses and minuses.

The way he put it was if you want to go for the rides, don't want to have to spend a lot of time traveling from one park to the other, and don't want to have to spend a week doing everything you want to do, DL is the place to go. He said if you want to be in the "Disney Bubble" and aren't so much interested in the rides as you are the overall experience, WDW is the place to go. They both have about the same amount of rides I guess, just WDW isn't as compact as DL is. He said WDW is way more crowded than DL. And, for better or worse, it's way, way, way spread out. A big plus for me is, as long as you're on the WDW grounds, you're literally in the bubble. Personally, I love that.

He did say he noticed a big difference in the CMs. He said the DL CMs were way more friendly. It seemed like a lot of them had been there forever. Whereas WDW has a bunch of college kids. He said you have A TON more food options at WDW compared to DL.

If you're a first timer, and are interested in the rides, my suggestion would be to get very, very familiar with the fastpass system. As far as I'm concerned, that can make or break your visit (if you're interested in the rides and big attractions). You can make your FP reservations 60 days out. If there's a big attraction you want to ride (Flight of Passage in Animal Kingdom, Slinky Dog in Hollywood Studios, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Ride at Magic Kingdom are the ones that immediately come to mind), my suggestion is to get your FP ASAP. Keep in mind that if you use a FP, you bypass the cue line at 7DMTR and FoP, so you miss the really cool theming. But, for me, if it means standing in line for 2 hours so I can see an Avatar suspended in water, or get on the ride in under 30 minutes, I'll skip the floating Avatar. LOL Also - this is just my opinion - have a plan. My experience is people who go to WDW and "wing it" leave disappointed and/or miserable. Not down to the minute, but have a plan. WDW is so huge, you almost have to.

And get ready for 100% humidity. :cool1:

Of course, most importantly, HAVE A GREAT, MAGICAL TIME! Maybe we'll see you there! :wave:

Haven’t booked YET, but my group will be there 9/30-10/7. I guess it’s more in October 2020, but hey, we’ll be there first in September hahahaha. We are staying at Caribbean Beach Resort for the first time. SOOOOO EXCiTED!!!!!

Haven’t booked YET, but my group will be there 9/30-10/7. I guess it’s more in October 2020, but hey, we’ll be there first in September hahahaha. We are staying at Caribbean Beach Resort for the first time. SOOOOO EXCiTED!!!!!

As well you should be! LOL :jumping1:

Well, we already have a resort switch. We are now staying at pop century the entire time. (Quite a difference from POR and POLY) Going with a huge group and everyone wanted to switch- so now September 12-21 at pop century. But because of that I had extra money, sooooo... I just added a spring trip in April at AKL to use our DVC points. So can’t be upset over that.

Welcome to everyone that has joined us recently. I think I have everyone added or changes made. If I missed something just let me know.

I finally decided (and booked) our split stay for specific dates.
We will be at Shades of Green from 6-14 and then move over to yacht club for the 14-18!

We will be returning to Pop Sept 5-9. We didn’t plan to return to DW until Summer 2022 but I was depressed not having any trips planned so I found a gap in marching band for my HS daughter and booked. Instantly I was no longer depressed!

My husband and I will be celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary at Bay Lake Towers on September 12- September 19, 2020. We haven't been to Disney together since 2014. Our youngest will be heading off to college and then we will head to Disney for our solo trip!! So excited.

What do you guys think about creating a Facebook page for our group also? Yes? No? Thoughts?

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter