***Official September 2020 Thread***

It looks beautiful! I'm toying with the idea of renting DVC points and staying at AKL.

We decided to stick with Port Orleans, it is so difficult to find trip insurance that covers DVC rentals. I don't want to risk being out that money in the event of a hurricane. But, we love Port Orleans so it's completely okay!

We decided to stick with Port Orleans, it is so difficult to find trip insurance that covers DVC rentals. I don't want to risk being out that money in the event of a hurricane. But, we love Port Orleans so it's completely okay!

We Stayed at French Quarter a couple of years ago (Spring Break 2018) Worst trip in years. Super crowded! (Granted I knew that would be the case going down, but it was the only time we could fit it into the schedule) The only thing I really liked on that trip was the resort. We Spent a couple of nights in the bar at Riverside, and ate at the Boathouse. I've never actually slept in their rooms, but we had nothing but super positive experiences at both resorts.

We stayed CL at the Grand Floridian this year. It's been a while since we stayed on the monorail loop, and Though I loved being back at the Floridian, I hated being on the Loop. Not a convenience at all, way to crowded...even in the off months! I can't wait to get back to the Beach Club. Convenience wise you just can't do better than the Epcot area resorts. Of course the increase in traffic due to the skyliner may change all of that...Seems it's a completely different world every time we go, and we go every year!

Ugh, i'm struggling with our resort choice for our honeymoon and need some insight. We have a request in for point rentals, 1. BWV 2. AKL. 3. Riviera in that order, and have built it into our wedding budget. Buuuut (there's always a but lol) I keep going back and forth on splurging on a DVC resort becasue it is our honeymoon or saving the money and staying at Pop, which we love. I have the numbers at home, but think the difference is around $500 or $600. We could potentially get free dining at Pop, or a room discount and our discount at DVC is in renting the points. While DVC is budgeted, our reception went over by like $800 so if we stick with Pop we won't have to make as much money up.

What are your thoughts? Should we keep with our splurge or just do Pop? So far, i think this is the most difficult decision I've had to make, and we have everything else planned with deposits put down lol

Ugh, i'm struggling with our resort choice for our honeymoon and need some insight. We have a request in for point rentals, 1. BWV 2. AKL. 3. Riviera in that order, and have built it into our wedding budget. Buuuut (there's always a but lol) I keep going back and forth on splurging on a DVC resort becasue it is our honeymoon or saving the money and staying at Pop, which we love. I have the numbers at home, but think the difference is around $500 or $600. We could potentially get free dining at Pop, or a room discount and our discount at DVC is in renting the points. While DVC is budgeted, our reception went over by like $800 so if we stick with Pop we won't have to make as much money up.

What are your thoughts? Should we keep with our splurge or just do Pop? So far, i think this is the most difficult decision I've had to make, and we have everything else planned with deposits put down lol

How much do you plan on staying at the resort and enjoying what they have to offer? DH and I are the type to be in the parks from opening to closing so all we need is a clean room to sleep in. We don't even use the pools so staying at a value it is for us. If you are planning on spending time outside the parks to relax at the pool or doing some other things then you might enjoy the DVC option better. It is your honeymoon and something worth splurging on though.

I agree 100% with Mrs. Grumpy it totally depends on how you plan to tour. Don’t waste $$$ on amenities you won’t be using. If you plan on spending time at your resort, then splurge. If you are looking for something in between, i saw a lot of honeymoon window decorations at French Quarter a couple of years ago. Seems to be a popular spot for newlyweds.

How much do you plan on staying at the resort and enjoying what they have to offer? DH and I are the type to be in the parks from opening to closing so all we need is a clean room to sleep in. We don't even use the pools so staying at a value it is for us. If you are planning on spending time outside the parks to relax at the pool or doing some other things then you might enjoy the DVC option better. It is your honeymoon and something worth splurging on though.
I agree 100% with Mrs. Grumpy it totally depends on how you plan to tour. Don’t waste $$$ on amenities you won’t be using. If you plan on spending time at your resort, then splurge. If you are looking for something in between, i saw a lot of honeymoon window decorations at French Quarter a couple of years ago. Seems to be a popular spot for newlyweds.

Thank you :) I didn't think about how much time we'll spend at the resort. We def have some pool time planned, but it would be for a mid day break, not an all day thing. We're going to go over it all tonight and make a decision. I do like the idea of a balcony, but is it worth the extra...that's what we need to figure out :)

We made our decision, we're going back to our old fav Pop :):) I redid the numbers (made DF's head spin with the different scenarios lol), we talked about what we want to do and realistically how much time we'll be at the resort and the extra for DVC wasn't worth it to us. It would be really nice and one day we'll go, but not right now. This also gives us the wiggle room with how much we need to make up from our reception or if we want to do a tour or something special. We were looking at the Keys to the Kingdom tour, plus we want to do MNSSHP. He also pointed out that even though we could have walked to Epoct from the BWV, now we get to take the Skyliner.

@Mrs Grumpy @TaraWasHere thank you both for your input. :worship: Resort time was most definitely the deciding factor.

Now that that's decided, i can concentrate on important things...eating! :jumping1:

We made our decision, we're going back to our old fav Pop :):) I redid the numbers (made DF's head spin with the different scenarios lol), we talked about what we want to do and realistically how much time we'll be at the resort and the extra for DVC wasn't worth it to us. It would be really nice and one day we'll go, but not right now. This also gives us the wiggle room with how much we need to make up from our reception or if we want to do a tour or something special. We were looking at the Keys to the Kingdom tour, plus we want to do MNSSHP. He also pointed out that even though we could have walked to Epoct from the BWV, now we get to take the Skyliner.

@Mrs Grumpy @TaraWasHere thank you both for your input. :worship: Resort time was most definitely the deciding factor.

Now that that's decided, i can concentrate on important things...eating! :jumping1:

That is what we do also. Stay in a value but then we do a lot of extra things like MNSSHP, After Hour Events and Dessert Parties.

What do you all think the parks will look like when we visit next year? I know a handful of things under construction now will be opening before our trips but what do you think about Epcot? I know Spaceship Earth will likely be closed but I wonder what the general state of the park will be in just under a year.
Any thoughts on this?

My fingers are crossed for slow :) I'm hoping with all the construction and the 50th the following year, people will hold off.

Not that crowd predictions are worth a hill of beans anymore, but some of our days went from 1's and 2's to 3's and 4's, and vice versa, when TP adjusted their crowd calendars on tuesday.

So has anyone done the Backstage Magic Tour or the Keys to the Kingdom Tour? Had a surprise yesterday and my dad said to book the Backstage Magic Tour and he would pay for it (not sure where this all came from as he is not a Disney person but he knows we love it). Anyway, we should do the biggie because really it is a once in a lifetime thing for us and I doubt we would ever pay the money to do it but we are struggling with giving up 7 hours. We are there for 10 park days (2 days each park with MK having 4 days) so we would probably give up one of the MK days and just hop over there after. Or go with Keys to the Kingdom which is slightly shorter. I know we won't be disappointed with either just wondering if it is worth giving up 7 hours of park time.

We are locked in for the 19th - 26th. I'm pretty sure we are doing VGF again but I'm not 100% sure. I have about 15 days to decide!

Not that crowd predictions are worth a hill of beans anymore, but some of our days went from 1's and 2's to 3's and 4's, and vice versa, when TP adjusted their crowd calendars on tuesday.

Does TP have a crowd calendar out for next September already?

What do you all think the parks will look like when we visit next year? I know a handful of things under construction now will be opening before our trips but what do you think about Epcot? I know Spaceship Earth will likely be closed but I wonder what the general state of the park will be in just under a year.
Any thoughts on this?

My understanding from reading other posts is there's quite a bit of construction at the entrance to Epcot already. My understanding (someone please correct me if I'm wrong) is they want everything completed for WDW's 50th anniversary in 2021. There will be several new things open by the time we get there (Remy's Ratatoullie Adventure, new nighttime show, couple of new restaurants, couple of new shows). My bet is a lot of the park will look like a construction zone. That's just a guess on my part.

BTW, fun fact, Epcot's 40th anniversary will be 2022. The first time I visited WDW, Epcot was almost complete. It opened 10/1/82 and I was there in July of '82 on my honeymoon.

Last edited:
I see already that wdw4rfam and disneyjr77 are going to be there the same time we are. We (and anyone else that are going to be there the 20th-24th) should meet up for a DIS Boards photo op! We did that when we were there in 2017. That was pretty neat meeting other people you've talked to here on the board! (I've got another picture of another group meeting but I don't have access to it at the moment)

Attachments

• DIS group with frame.jpeg
    DIS group with frame.jpeg
    289.7 KB · Views: 9
So has anyone done the Backstage Magic Tour or the Keys to the Kingdom Tour? Had a surprise yesterday and my dad said to book the Backstage Magic Tour and he would pay for it (not sure where this all came from as he is not a Disney person but he knows we love it). Anyway, we should do the biggie because really it is a once in a lifetime thing for us and I doubt we would ever pay the money to do it but we are struggling with giving up 7 hours. We are there for 10 park days (2 days each park with MK having 4 days) so we would probably give up one of the MK days and just hop over there after. Or go with Keys to the Kingdom which is slightly shorter. I know we won't be disappointed with either just wondering if it is worth giving up 7 hours of park time.

We haven't done either one, and if we had the money would totally do the Backstage Magic Tour but we are planning on doing the Keys to the Kingdom tour. I'm interested to hear what people's thoughts are.

Does TP have a crowd calendar out for next September already?

Yes, they put it out 365 days in advance.

I see already that wdw4rfam and disneyjr77 are going to be there the same time we are. We (and anyone else that are going to be there the 20th-24th) should meet up for a DIS Boards photo op! We did that when we were there in 2017. That was pretty neat meeting other people you've talked to here on the board! (I've got another picture of another group meeting but I don't have access to it at the moment)

Sounds like fun! I'll talk to DF :)

Any thoughts on this?

This year was a dream vacation for us! The crowds were low every day in every park. EEMH made it so easy to hit every ride without long waits. Even MNSSHP was low crowds! I was nervous going down during GE opening, but it turned out to be such a blessing in disguise. After this year, I'm just hoping that the crowds will be manageable, that's all I really care. I feel greedy asking for more after all we got this year!
Yeah there will be a bunch of construction at Epcot. From what I hear Spaceship Earth will be going down for up to a two year referb. I guess that will just be adding to the massive mess already smeared allover the entrance to the park. We spend most of our time in the world pavilion which I'm sure will have a bit of a spike in France due to the new ride. Maybe that will make getting around the Norway pavilion a bit easier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter