** Official** September 2020 Check-In (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
WDW frequent fliers planning on DL. With wanting to do the Oogie Boogie Bash at DCA, partake in the HM overlay, and at least Halloween Scream projections at DL do you think Sept 13th-17th be ok to tentatively plan a trip to see those without any announcements yet? We cant do the following week and would prefer to do in Sept if possible.

WDW frequent fliers planning on DL. With wanting to do the Oogie Boogie Bash at DCA, partake in the HM overlay, and at least Halloween Scream projections at DL do you think Sept 13th-17th be ok to tentatively plan a trip to see those without any announcements yet? We cant do the following week and would prefer to do in Sept if possible.
You might be at the very beginning of it or you might miss it. I would push it back one more week if you could.

Here's the link to the dates from 2019. If I remember correctly they started halloween time 1 week earlier than past years.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/h...and-other-halloween-time-information.3731676/

Update from this week's MP "DLR Update" (3?30?20):
Correction
Last week we reported that a Disney had filed for a permit with the City of Anaheim to allow them to keep the Food & Wine Festival Marketplace booths in use through September 7, 2020. We speculated that Disney might be planning to extend the Food & Wine Festival, which is scheduled to run through April 21 but has been cut short due to the COVID-19 closure.
Well, we were wrong. While Disney did file for an extension, it was just for one piece of equipment, not all of the Festival Marketplace booths as indicated on the permit. Disney has given no indication that they are looking to extend the Festival beyond April 21.
We apologize for getting your hopes up.

Space Mt. will probably go down for the GG overlay (if they do it this year) after Labor Day and come back up for the first day of Halloween Time.
Really hope they don't do the GG overlay for Space Mountain. It's probably the worst overlay ever! Plus I haven't ridden regular Space Mountain in about 5 years.

Trip booked April 2019 for this Sept. Was going to be, my husband and a friend (who's not been before) but following some 'lifestyle' changes (!), it's just me and my friend now. Staying at Beach Club (my favourite resort) 28th Sept - 11th Oct, have MNSSH Party booked and I'm super excited to be my friend's personal Disney Guide! Even more now, I can't wait to get there :mickeyjum

We're booked at VGC September 12th through 19th. This will be our first trip as DVC owners! Five day parkhoppers, will definitely do Oogie Boogie Bash and Knott's Berry Farm and probably a beach day. Hopefully everything is back to semi-normal by then.

I hate to be the voice of doubt but I really don't see things being back to normal by September. Until there's a vaccine, Disney Parks are going to be severely impacted. If the parks are even open in September they'll be severely compromised with reduced attractions, shorter opening hours and no parades / fireworks as Disney will be financially hurting big time. Any cost they can cut, they will and it's hard to blame them. They may even need to reduce park admissions as there won't be a vaccine by then so social distancing will still be required and they'll need to be extra vigilant with cleaning surfaces, etc. If an outbreak was to happen and be linked back to Disney, it would be a disaster for them so they'll be doing everything they think they need to do to eliminate that risk.

I really hope I'm wrong but I don't see it.

I hate to be the voice of doubt but I really don't see things being back to normal by September. Until there's a vaccine, Disney Parks are going to be severely impacted. If the parks are even open in September they'll be severely compromised with reduced attractions, shorter opening hours and no parades / fireworks as Disney will be financially hurting big time. Any cost they can cut, they will and it's hard to blame them. They may even need to reduce park admissions as there won't be a vaccine by then so social distancing will still be required and they'll need to be extra vigilant with cleaning surfaces, etc. If an outbreak was to happen and be linked back to Disney, it would be a disaster for them so they'll be doing everything they think they need to do to eliminate that risk.

I really hope I'm wrong but I don't see it.

I think we all know that in the back of our minds. No need to rain on parades and optimism at the moment, til we're a few months closer.

Just sharing my thoughts and feelings - we're booked for September too and stand to lose over $3000 in airfares so we're as invested as anyone in the idea that everything will magically be OK, but we all think about things differently. You guys are clearly optimists which is great, but others are allowed to feel the way they do and should be allowed to talk without being told their views aren't welcome. Remember what happened on Inside Out when Joy tried to shut down Sadness? It's healthy to recognise all feelings and to understand that sad ones don't come from a bad place.

I hope for all of us that September works out. I could sure do with a dose of Soarin' and cannot wait to ride ROTR!

Last edited:
We have Sept 4-7 booked at the VGC, celebrating my niece's birthday. It was supposed to be our last trip on our Annual Passes we started on the same week in 2019. Hoping now it might be our first trip back; I'm willing to wait in thermal scanning lines to get back to our happy place. Currently trying to plan more mini-trips in the fall without my beloved VGC since all the dates we'd want are long ago booked. 😕 Any weekend at Disney is better than one at home.

Moved my April trip to September. New dates are April 26th - 28th staying at the Candy Cane Inn then heading to San Diego deciding if I'll add a couple days on the way back but hotels are $$ due to gay days. I drive from the bay area so I like to break up the drive to and from San Diego by stopping over in Anaheim.

Just wanted to double check your dates Pamela! September 26-28? Want to get you added to the list :)

Hi - yes September 26-28th. Wish it was April but trip got cancelled. :oops:

I wish all April trips were still happening too! I was supposed to head to WDW middle of March and ended up cancelling it the week before when things started getting out of hand. Fingers crossed for our September trips!

WDW APs hoping our first trip to California/DL will still happen! The plan is to be in Cali from 9/6-9/21 with the DL portion being 9/15-9/20. We are tentatively booked at the Grand Legacy at the Park for the DL portion since they offered a 30% discount for first responders during this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter