Official 'Post a Picture of your Campsite at FW' Thread

This is site 316. We were here Jan/Feb. 07. We managed to squeeze in our 37 ft 5th wheel and our tractor. I'd recommend this site to anyone with a long rig. We were able to keep the entire outfit on the pad. I scanned t
scan0003.jpg
heses pics....sorry they are grainy.

WOW LOL!!! you shouldnt have any problems pulling that 5th wheel with that tractor LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! Nice set up

I know alot of people think its over kill. We actually get the same fuel mileage with this as we do pulling with my F350. We prefer traveling with this "big" truck. Can see better sitting up high...more interior room....more braking power. We use this truck around the farm and my husbands biz. Not sure I'd have one just to tow a fiver.....but its nice .

I fully agree if I have that tractor and only had a pop up I would pull it with that tractor. LOL

Looking at the size of the tractor..you could just camp in that. :thumbsup2

Have you ever driven around to other resorts? The look on the valets faces would be priceless.:)

all these pics are awesome i just booked my 1st trip in FW for feb i was gonna cancel and just book a cabin because of gas prices (haulin a 5th wheel all the way from jersey) im gonna suck it up and drive down FW looks awesome!!!!

I know what you mean about gas prices. We pull a hybrid with a full size van and get just over 10mpg. OUCH!!! Our next trip will cost us about $540 in gas if it is still $3/gal. I am tempted to buy a tent again! But we seriously would not be as comfortable.

Back on topic, I am not sure if I have any pictures (I need to start taking some of the site) but here are my experiences.

My favorite site in a tent or popup would be 1503. It has lush trees all around, shady, private, etc. The bus stop is immediately behind it and you can cut through the bushes to get to it. It is next to the bathhouse, but seperated by many thick bushes and trees so noone can see your site. There is a little path cut through the bushes though so you can slip right in. The tent pad is quite large. We had 2 10x13 tents and could have fit another one and a screen room or 2 easy. Had we been in a popup, you could park it and still have lots of space on the site. Not sure how easy backing up would be, but the parking space was angled nicely. We recently upgraded to a hybrid, so won't be able to stay in that loop again. :sad1:

We have also stayed in the 2000 loop a couple of times. The loop is large. One site was so far away from the bath house and bus stop that I was miserable. The last one was a good one. 2068 was the number. It was on the corner and backing in was the easiest time we ever had. :cheer2: We didn't even yell at each other...much. :lmao: It was near the bath house and bus stop, yet we did not feel "exposed". The tent pad itself however was not that large. You may not be able to fit more than a tent or 2 and a screen house. After parking our popup, there was not much room. The bus stop was the one closest to the marina, so the ride was never long and we were the first stop coming home at night.

If I find pics, I will try to post them.

Site in 1400 loop on canal (can't remember exact #) in March 2003

100_1486.jpg

Site 604 - June 2-9, 2007

100_1487.jpg

\My Documents\My Pictures\WDW 17 June 2007

Loop 200 site # 202

Having trouble posting picture
WDW17June2007026.jpg

This is site 316. We were here Jan/Feb. 07. We managed to squeeze in our 37 ft 5th wheel and our tractor. I'd recommend this site to anyone with a long rig. We were able to keep the entire outfit on the pad. I scanned theses pics....sorry they are grainy.

Spiffing Wagon.:thumbsup2

hi fellow campers......we are going to the fort for the first time July 08 and have asked for the 100 loop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter